main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Stranded (AU; Jag, Kyp, Jacen, and Zekk crash on Tenupe) -- updated 17. February

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Iverna, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Title: Stranded
    Author: Iverna
    Timeframe: 36 ABY (AU)
    Characters: Jag, Kyp, Zekk, Jacen, Jaina, Anakin, Tahiri, Lowie, and a few others.
    Summary: A diplomatic mission fails before it even begins and leaves the guys stranded on a tropical planet, in dire need, and yet fear, of rescue.
    Notes: You can blame - or thank? - Ceillean for this one. She put the thought in my head that the boys should take their kit off. *lol* And no, there?s been no weird Dark Nest or Joiner stuff, in this version the guys were just on a diplomatic mission when things went a bit wrong and the fun began.

There'll be a few parts to this, so if you want to be on the PM list, let me know!

Cover art:

[image=http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae198/ivernasolo/Stranded-cover.jpg]

[u][b]Chapter 1[/b][/u]

?This,? Jag Fel said, wiping his brow with the back of his hand, ?is ridiculous.?

He was kneeling in front of the ship they?d just crashed, trying to dig through the soft dirt to get at an access panel. The actual digging wasn?t a problem, since the mud shifted easily, but unfortunately more kept sliding down to replace what he?d just dug out.

It was hot. That was the main problem. He didn?t mind the humidity so much, but he wasn?t used to the heat at all.

?Technically this is your fault,? came a voice from behind him. Jag half-turned to glare. Kyp Durron, Jedi Master and all-around rogue, grinned down at him. His military-style fatigues and the black, short-sleeved shirt that clung to his broad chest in the tropical heat made him look more like a jungle commando than a Jedi. The only evidence to the contrary was the lightsaber dangling from the utility belt around his narrow hips.

His dark hair was already plastered to his head in the jungle heat, and there were splashes of mud on his lean face and bare arms, but he looked like he was in an annoyingly good mood.

Then again, Jag reflected darkly, Kyp didn?t seem to have any other kind of good mood.

But he stayed calm. ?You know as well as I do that it isn?t,? he said. ?The scopes were completely dead, I couldn?t see anything, and I couldn?t do much either. They shot us down. I have just as much grounds to claim it?s your fault for not shooting them back.?

?The shuttle has one laser cannon,? Kyp countered. ?One.?

?And no scopes or thrusters by the time we crashed,? Jag replied calmly. ?So the way I see it, either it?s all out fault, or no one?s.?

?Wise words.? That came from above Jag, and moments later a dark shape dropped past him and landed next to Kyp, managing to hit a strategic mud puddle to splash over Kyp?s fatigues.

Kyp yelled.

?Hey!?

Jacen Solo, brown curls mussed and tangled, lop-sided grin on his handsome features, said, ?Serenity, Kyp. We need to work together here.?

Kyp raised his eyebrows. ?And so you splashed me why, exactly??

?Help you cool down, of course,? Jacen said, all Solo innocence. ?It?s bloody hot. Didn?t you notice??

?He might be too far gone already,? Jag said. ?At his age...?

?You?re right. Kyp, old man, how are you feeling? How many fingers am I holding up??

Kyp glared. ?One of these days, I?m going to strangle you both.?

Jacen?s brown eyes sparkled, but he shrugged as though entirely unimpressed, and squatted down to examine a patch of blue-ish green leaves, as big as Jag?s hand and about twice as thick. ?Hey, do you reckon any of this stuff is edible??

Jag stared at him. ?You [i]want[/i] to eat that??

?I mean just in case we run out of supplies.? Jacen shrugged. ?I?ll ask Zekk. He usually knows that kind of thing.?

?It?s a jungle,? Jag said. ?If I had to guess, I?d say half of it is edible and half of it is poisonous, and the two halves are virtually undistinguishable.?

?Optimist,? Jacen said, but there was no rebuke in it. ?So what do you reckon the chances are of getting the ship going again??

Jag sighed. ?If your sister or brother were here, I?d say slim. As it is, I don?t see any. The most we can hope for is that we?ll get comms back, to call for help.?

Jacen and Kyp both winced at that, and

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    And you leave us with a cliffhanger!!! :eek::eek:

You know what this means, right? You have to udpate as soon as possible! :p

?This,? Jag Fel said, wiping his brow with the back of his hand, ?is ridiculous.?

This first sentence already had me chuckling.

It was hot. That was the main problem. He didn?t mind the humidity so much, but he wasn?t used to the heat at all.

Because you're an ice and snow person, Jaggy. I feel so sorry for you. :p

Kyp Durron, Jedi Master and all-around rogue, grinned down at him. His military-style fatigues and the black, short-sleeved shirt that clung to his broad chest in the tropical heat made him look more like a jungle commando than a Jedi. The only evidence to the contrary was the lightsaber dangling from the utility belt around his narrow hips.

[face_mischief] Well, you've certainly made my day with this description. =P~

His dark hair was already plastered to his head in the jungle heat, and there were splashes of mud on his lean face and bare arms, but he looked like he was in an annoyingly good mood.

Then again, Jag reflected darkly, Kyp didn?t seem to have any other kind of good mood.

It means he can irritate the crap out of you. [face_laugh]

Jacen Solo, brown curls mussed and tangled, lop-sided grin on his handsome features, said, ?Serenity, Kyp. We need to work together here.?

[face_laugh][face_laugh] It's hippie Jacen! [face_laugh]

?He might be too far gone already,? Jag said. ?At his age...?

?You?re right. Kyp, old man, how are you feeling? How many fingers am I holding up??

Kyp glared. ?One of these days, I?m going to strangle you both.?

[face_laugh][face_laugh] Love the banter here.

?It?s a jungle,? Jag said. ?If I had to guess, I?d say half of it is edible and half of it is poisonous, and the two halves are virtually undistinguishable.?

He's so very optimistic, isn't he? [face_laugh]

Jacen and Kyp both winced at that, and Jag knew exactly why. Calling for help meant telling someone what had happened, and telling someone meant telling Jaina, and Jaina would never ever let them live this down. Which meant that, really, she would never let him live this down, since the others would inevitably blame him... and he had been in the pilot?s chair, after all.

The poor man. [face_laugh][face_laugh]

?I think we?ve got everything,? Jacen said. He?d stripped off his shirt and rolled up the legs of his cargo pants, and a strip of cloth around his head held back his dripping curls. With the dirt on his muscled chest and face, and the leaves sticking out of his hair, he looked like he?d been living in the jungle for half his life, and had found his element here.

Jag had left his own jacket and shirt in the ship, but his sleeveless undershirt and uniform fatigues clung to him, warm and increasingly damp, like a really uncomfortable second skin. He peeled off the shirt and tossed it aside, surprised at how much better that made him feel.

Does anyone have a drool bucket? =P~[face_laugh]

?That?s a...? Abruptly, Jacen?s head snapped back up and his eyes became sharply focused. ?Run. Now.?

Cliffie!

Iverna, this is an awesome beginning! And I'm glad you blame me. :D Always happy to help move the muse along. ;)

Really looking forward to the next part.

=D=

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    thanks iverna and you too ceil for the wonderful -- [face_mischief] =P~ idea and mental image(s) of Kyp and Jag -- very, very sweet.

:D :)

Love the easy banter & [face_dancing] that Jacen is undarthified [face_laugh]

Very great adventure you've started here.

4. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    The start of what looks like a very fun adventure! I enjoyed the banter between the guys. Looking forward to more. PM's please?

5. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    A story with the four boys getting along to survive and *drool*... uh... yeah, sorry, distracted by the idea of them stripping down one by one lol!

Excellent beginning. I like how you detailed it and each one was introduced. What a fun beginning!

Please PM me when you update - looking forward to following this :D

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    All those boys trapped in one place together and not a single girl in sight - this could end in either a bloody mess or a ton of laughter.

I'm very curious to see which will it be.

7. Durroness

Durroness Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 4, 2002
    Wow, this has me hooked! I like how they can all be silly in such a serious situation. And Lol that Jag was the one that crashed. I'm sure Jaina will never let him (or any of them) live that down.

I would love a PM if you plan on sending them.

8. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Wow, this got a ton of comments already... awesome!

Ceillean

Yes, I'm evil... actually, I think this might be my first real cliffie ever. \o/

Well, you've certainly made my day with this description.
    Hehe, I was kinda hoping that'd go over well!

It means he can irritate the crap out of you.
    Kyp is a MASTER of this, right? *g*

It's hippie Jacen!
    You know what... in my head, Jacen totally is a hippie. All philosophical and anti-aggression, I mean during the NJO I could totally picture him at Jedi meetings with a poster saying "make love, not war". [face_laugh]

The poor man
    Yeah, he's in for it. :p

Iverna, this is an awesome beginning! And I'm glad you blame me. Always happy to help move the muse along.
    Yay! I'm really happy about that. You are an awesome muse helper. [:D]

Jade_eyes

thanks iverna and you too ceil for the wonderful -- idea and mental image(s) of Kyp and Jag -- very, very sweet.
    I aim to please! I'm glad you enjoyed that. It's a lot of fun describing the guys like this. [face_mischief][face_laugh]

Love the easy banter & [face_dancing] dancing that Jacen is undarthified
    Well of course! I refuse to write Jacen as Caedus. It's so silly. And banter is the BEST, it's so much fun to write. I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

Luna_Nightshade

The start of what looks like a very fun adventure! I enjoyed the banter between the guys. Looking forward to more. PM's please?
    That's great to hear, yay! There'll be more soon. And you betcha, your name's on the list! [:D]

Jade_Max

A story with the four boys getting along to survive and *drool*... uh... yeah, sorry, distracted by the idea of them stripping down one by one lol!
    Well, they have to get along now, they're stuck with each other. *lol* You can blame the idea on Ceillean. It's proving to be a LOT of fun to write and it's awesome that you like it so far!

Excellent beginning. I like how you detailed it and each one was introduced. What a fun beginning!
    Yay! Thank you! [:D]

Please PM me when you update - looking forward to following this

Will do, thanks for the interest and your name's on the list!

Hazel

All those boys trapped in one place together and not a single girl in sight - this could end in either a bloody mess or a ton of laughter.

I'm very curious to see which will it be.

Possibly both? *lol* You'll have to wait and see, I guess. It's proving to be a very fun premise to play with. *g*

Durroness

Wow, this has me hooked! I like how they can all be silly in such a serious situation. And Lol that Jag was the one that crashed. I'm sure Jaina will never let him (or any of them) live that down.
    I think they're all in so many serious situations all the time that they'd hardly even notice anymore. It's like the norm. *lol* Poor Jag, huh? If I was Jaina, I totally wouldn't let him live it down. Like, ever. :p *g*

I would love a PM if you plan on sending them.
    I will be sending them, yep! I've added you to the list. [:D]

Glad you guys enjoyed it so far... next chapter will be up within the next day or so, hopefully! Thanks for reading, and if anyone else wants on the PM list, just let me know!

9. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    This is great!!! You've captured each of them perfectly!! =D=

I'd love PM's when you update!!

Great job! :D

~Celeste

10. Jainasolo101

Jainasolo101 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 23, 2007
    This is so funny so far. Please pm me!!!!! I want to know what happens next!

11. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    =D= :) =D= :) =D= :) =D=:) =D=

Looks like a solid start to a great story.

12. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Celeste

This is great!!! You've captured each of them perfectly!!
    I'm really glad to hear that, yay! Thank you!

I'd love PM's when you update!!
    You're on the list, my dear! :)

Jainasolo101

This is so funny so far. Please pm me!!!!! I want to know what happens next!
    Glad you're enjoying it! I'll put you on the list, no worries!

padawan3

Looks like a solid start to a great story.
    I hope so! Thanks! [:D]

13. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Okay, since I left you with a cliffie (muahaha) I tried to get the next part done quickly before real life takes me away from the internet for a few days. Enjoy!

PM list
    Luna_Nightshade
    Jade_Max
    Durroness
    CelseteAntola
    Jainasolo101

Let me know if you want to be added or taken off! And now, on with the story.

[b][u]Chapter 2[/u][/b]

No one bothered to ask any questions. They snatched up the comms array and whatever equipment they could manage, and followed after Jacen as he led them away from the ship and into the jungle.

It was hell. Jag considered himself to be in good shape, both as a prerequisite for fighter pilots in general and a matter of personal preference. He could run for miles in sub-zero temperatures, he could keep up with Zekk and Kyp in the gym as long as they didn?t rely too heavily on the Force, he could even give Jaina and her brothers a good challenge in the sparring circle. But running full-tilt and uphill through a tropical jungle, with vines and leaves and who knew what else slashing at his legs, and the ground trying to hold onto his boots, and the heat so laden with moisture that it was almost like a wall in front of him... that was a whole new level of tough.

He struggled to keep pace with the others, but he didn?t fall behind. Part of it was the desire to get away from whatever had managed to spook three Jedi, two of them among the Order?s most powerful, into running; the other part was simple, stubborn competitiveness. Crashing a mostly weaponless shuttle after being shot at by two squadrons and three cruisers was one thing. Being carried through the jungle by Kyp Durron because he couldn?t keep up was something else entirely.

Unacceptable.

Jag?s legs burned, but he gritted his teeth and focused on keeping his feet moving and his arms pumping. He leaped over a low bush and almost stumbled as the ground behind it gave way beneath his foot. But he kept his balance.

He could barely feel the air in his lungs because it was so hot. Even the air, which he could feel rushing through his hair and over his skin, didn?t cool him down any.

Ahead, Jacen finally came to a halt. Jag estimated that they?d made it perhaps a kilometre up the hill or mountain or whatever this was, and the jungle around them had thickened. The trees were taller and thicker, and Jacen was now pointing up at the nearest one.

?Up!? he yelled. ?Come on!?

The huge tree had plenty of branches, none of them within reach. This posed no problem for Jacen and Kyp, who jumped the three meters easily, as if pulled up by invisible ropes.

Zekk waited, his back to the tree and his fingers interlinked in front of his torso. ?Come on.?

Still fired up on adrenaline from the mad chase through the jungle, Jag didn?t even think twice. Even Zekk?s two-meter frame wasn?t enough to let him reach the lowest branch, but as soon as Jag had placed his foot onto Zekk?s hands, the Jedi catapulted him upwards, to where Jacen and Kyp were waiting.

Jag managed to catch hold of a branch on his own, though, and pulled himself up. He edged over onto a thicker branch, almost wider than he was, and edged along it until he reached the point where it joined the trunk. Turning, he let his legs dangle down on either side while he leaned back against the blessedly cool, damp bark and tried to get his breathing back under control.

The branch shook as Zekk landed on it, graceful as an avian despite his size. Jag would have cursed, if he?d had any breath left with which to do so. Jedi and their tricks.

?Hey, you okay?? Jacen was perched on a branch up and to Jag?s left, and was peering down at him with concern.

?Fine,? Jag said, which wasn?t exactly true. He was on fire inside, his blood rushing through his ears, and he hardly even felt the air in his lungs because it was so warm. It was ridiculous, but he felt like he was glowing with the heat.

But then, suddenly, the air around him grew cooler, and his heart stopped hammering as his blood seemed to get better at picking up oxygen and cooling down again. Surprised, he looked up at J

14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Those guys are priceless!

And Han picking on Jag [face_laugh]

Great update Iverna, and could you add me to the PM list.

15. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Excellent update. Can you add me to the PM list as well? I meant to ask earlier but somehow forgot.

16. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    I love the snark and banter between the boys, and the adventure here. It feels like classic Star Wars. I also love how everyone is surprised about Jag crashing a ship. Awesome. Looking forward to more of the adventure--it's great fun.

17. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Jag had left his own jacket and shirt in the ship, but his sleeveless undershirt and uniform fatigues clung to him, warm and increasingly damp, like a really uncomfortable second skin. He peeled off the shirt and tossed it aside, surprised at how much better that made him feel.
    Completely support that decision. He doesn't need to wear that. =P~

?Fine. Wow, did you see that? Look at the pincers. I wonder what they eat.?
    You. :p

?Any other special requests? Some nice background music, maybe, or voice recognition? You got any colour preferences for the comlink while we?re at it? It?s not like I?m already busy trying to get it to work at all.?
    [face_laugh]

Look, you don?t have to freak out, no one?s hurt. We just crashed.
    Smooth, Jacen.

This is great, Iverna.

18. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Sorry I haven't commented yet. [face_blush] Life's being one hell of a bi*** right now. :rolleyes:

Anyway...

Jag considered himself to be in good shape, both as a prerequisite for fighter pilots in general and a matter of personal preference.

This bit brings lovely images to my mind. [face_mischief]

He could run for miles in sub-zero temperatures, he could keep up with Zekk and Kyp in the gym as long as they didn?t rely too heavily on the Force

Aw, man. This has triggered the muse. Iverna!! You're evil. [face_laugh]

Crashing a mostly weaponless shuttle after being shot at by two squadrons and three cruisers was one thing. Being carried through the jungle by Kyp Durron because he couldn?t keep up was something else entirely.

Unacceptable.

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

Kyp groaned. ?But Jacen Solo would rather make us all race through the jungle for a few hours than risk killing a few predators.?

?Aren?t we supposed to preserve life?? Jacen argued, immediately defensive. ?All life??

?Not when it chases us through a jungle,? Kyp muttered.

He's cute when he's mopy. [face_laugh]

?Look. They?re not made for climbing vertically, but they?re fast enough to run more than a meter upwards. Probably poisonous, too. I wonder what they?re called.?

?You?re not keeping one as a pet,? Zekk said immediately. ?Seriously. Jaina will never build you a cage for one and I won?t help you either.?

[face_laugh] He knows Jacen so well. :p

Jacen scoffed. ?Fine. Wow, did you see that? Look at the pincers. I wonder what they eat.?

As an appetizer, Jacen Solo. As the main dish, Zekk and Kyp and for desert -- a hurting Jagged Fel. :p

?Well,? Kyp said. ?This is officially the most ridiculous thing that?s happened to me all year.?

?Just wait until you get to tell Liz about it,? Jacen said, and Kyp grimaced.

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

?Sure,? Zekk ground out, wrestling with the array innards. ?Any other special requests? Some nice background music, maybe, or voice recognition? You got any colour preferences for the comlink while we?re at it? It?s not like I?m already busy trying to get it to work at all.?

?I?m quite partial to blue,? Jag said.

Zekk glared at him. ?Watch it. I got you up here, I can shove you back down.?

They are such a hoot! [face_laugh]

?You crashed?? It took Han a remarkably short time to sort that one out in his head. ?Fel crashed??

Kyp grinned. Jag groaned. Perfect.

[face_laugh][face_laugh] Should I feel sorry for Jag? I should feel sorry for Jag. Maybe a little. Poor guy.

?What Jag and I do with my robes is our business,? Zekk added, grinning.

Oh my...*trying to get inappropriate pictures out of head* [face_laugh]

And so Jaina has to save their butts? Oh, those poor men! They'll never hear the end of it. Especially Jag.

Great update! Absolutely enjoyed it.

=D=

19. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Whew, I had a hectic few days, but I'm getting caught up again!

Hazel

Those guys are priceless!
    They're a lot of fun to write, aren't they!!

And Han picking on Jag
    Yeah, poor Jag isn't having the best day. *grins*

Great update Iverna, and could you add me to the PM list.
    Thank you, and consider it done! @};-

padawan3

Excellent update. Can you add me to the PM list as well? I meant to ask earlier but somehow forgot.
    Thank you, and no problem! [:D]

Luna_Nightshade

I love the snark and banter between the boys, and the adventure here. It feels like classic Star Wars. I also love how everyone is surprised about Jag crashing a ship. Awesome. Looking forward to more of the adventure--it's great fun.
    You know, I'm SO happy to hear that, that's awesome. Thanks! And heh, yeah, that's what Jag gets for being such a great pilot, I guess, right? *grins*

FelsGoddess

Completely support that decision. He doesn't need to wear that.
    Haha, nope, absolutely not. No need for shirts on this planet. *lol*

Smooth, Jacen.
    Yeah, he sure knows how to break the news, doesn't he?

This is great, Iverna.
    Glad you're enjoying it, yay!

Ceillean

Sorry I haven't commented yet. Life's being one hell of a bi*** right now.
    No worries, I'm behind on commenting as well. Hope life has gotten better for you!! [:D]

This bit brings lovely images to my mind.
    It does, doesn't it? *g*

Aw, man. This has triggered the muse. Iverna!! You're evil.
    Ah, but this can only lead to good things. [face_mischief] So, yay! [face_dancing]

He's cute when he's mopy.
    Yes indeed. For some reason the idea of Kyp Durron, master of the Force, being mopy just cracks me up every time, as well. *lol*

He knows Jacen so well.
    Well, after those years on Yavin 4, spent running away from Jacen's escaped pets... [face_laugh]

As an appetizer, Jacen Solo. As the main dish, Zekk and Kyp and for desert -- a hurting Jagged Fel.
    That actually sounds kinda... yummy. =P~:p

Should I feel sorry for Jag? I should feel sorry for Jag. Maybe a little. Poor guy.
    He's not having the best of days. It's far too much fun to write him into these situations. *g*

Oh my...*trying to get inappropriate pictures out of head*
    Muahaha... [face_laugh]

And so Jaina has to save their butts? Oh, those poor men! They'll never hear the end of it. Especially Jag.
    Yep, they're screwed. :p But I have a feeling it'll be a lot of fun for the rest of us. *lol*

Great update! Absolutely enjoyed it.
    Yay! Thank you! [:D]

Thanks for your enthusiasm and kind words, everyone! I'm working on Chapter 3 at the moment, so that'll hopefully be up in the next few days. [face_peace]

20. pinkpearl89

pinkpearl89 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2010
    I'm loving this -- fun and hot, shirtless boys, lol. But seriously, excellent job so far, I'm really enjoying it. Please put me on the PM list [face_praying]

21. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    pinkpearl89

I'm loving this -- fun and hot, shirtless boys, lol.
    What's not to enjoy, right? That was the idea behind this. It got a bit longer and more adventure-y than intended, but I see that as a good thing, so!

But seriously, excellent job so far, I'm really enjoying it. Please put me on the PM list
    Thank you, and you're on the list! [:D]

22. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    This took a bit longer than expected... the story's turning out longer than I meant it to be, and life interfered for a few days, but the chapter's done for you to enjoy!

PM list

Luna_Nightshade
    Jade_Max
    Durroness
    CelseteAntola
    Jainasolo101
    Hazel
    padawan3
    pinkpearl89

Just ask to be added or taken off!

[b][u]Chapter 3[/u][/b]

?So now what?? Zekk asked, still crouched on a branch. ?We stay up here all day??

?I?d say we keep going,? Jacen said. ?Keep going uphill, maybe we can see what?s going on, find a safe place for the night. Tenupe?s a mountainous planet, right??

Jag nodded. ?Sounds good. Hopefully that?ll make us easier to find, too.?

Kyp had to hand it to him: he barely sounded weary at all. He had to be, of course, after the run through this steam-cooker of a jungle, and his Force presence confirmed it. Kyp was about to call him out on it when he remembered that without the Force, making it this far this fast was actually a fairly impressive feat. Especially coming as it did on the heels of a spectacular crash. And come to think of it, the descent leading up ? or rather, down ? to that crash had been quite harrowing, too.

Okay, so it wouldn?t be very fair to make fun of the non-Jedi who?d done more work than all the Jedi present, for being a bit winded after having to keep up with them all. Especially when he wasn?t even whining about it.

In fact, Kyp thought, he should probably give the kid a break.

?Ugh,? he said, just to make it clear that the heat bothered him, too. ?We got any water??

?Just breathe in,? Zekk said wryly, but he rummaged around in a pack and handed Kyp a canteen. Jag held out a hand wordlessly, and Kyp passed it to him once he?d drunk his fill. The pilot leaned his head back and chugged, throat working, water rivulets running over his jaw from the corners of his mouth, and Kyp chuckled.

?Damn planet?s making Tatooine look like a vacation spot.?

He sat, legs dangling down on either side of the branch, and tugged his soaked shirt over his head, using it to towel his hair. The only effect, as far as he could tell, was that it tousled his hair even more. He grimaced, and tossed the shirt down to the ground.

Jacen punched his arm. ?Don?t litter. You taught me that when I was nine.?

?You want to carry it, go ahead,? Kyp said. Jacen only scoffed and dropped, with Jedi grace, down to the jungle floor.

He looked back up at the others expectantly. ?Well? Come on. Coast is clear.?

?A coast would be nice right now,? Zekk commented.

Jacen rolled his eyes. ?Come on. I thought you didn?t want to sit around there all day.?

Kyp grunted and swung his left leg over the branch beside his right. ?I never said that. You youngsters, always in a hurry...?

They laughed at him.

There were a few trails in the forest, as they discovered when they continued their march uphill. They were mostly random and tended to disappear into and appear out of nothing. Grazing trails, Jacen explained, worn through the forest by animals.

Zekk had taken the lead, finding them a reasonably unobstructed path through the jungle, but Jacen was in charge by dint of sheer enthusiasm. He?d stripped down to his shorts, tying his pants around his backpack to secure various pieces of equipment to it, and looked and acted like an explorer who?d gone native. Jag followed behind Jacen, asking the occasional question and listening with his usual intent seriousness.

For once, even Kyp was grateful for the kid?s seemingly never-ending willingness to explain the wilderness to everyone who stood still for long enough. It kept his mind off the heat.

He had to admit that the jungle wasn?t altogether terrible. The myriad of animal cries and birdsong mixed with the dripping water and rustling foliage to create a vibrant soundtrack of life all around them. He didn?t recognise any of the plants, but they varied in shade from a deep turquoise to a green so light it was almost yellow, and the blooms were a rainbow of colours, all of them different shapes. And then there were the smells. Some of the flowers were so sweet

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh]

I loved it, especially Anakin/Tahiri - what a delightful scene and Jaina interrupting them was so cute.

And then the boys arguing about setting up camp and the living breathing Instruction's Manual watching. Only to find out, in the end, that it was too hot to sleep inside.

This is completely worth the wait, but more soon, please. @};-

24. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    [face_laugh] Bwahahaha! The banter is classic and I adore how each of them has their own voice no matter if you say who is speaking or not - I have no problem 'hearing' each of them as individuals.

For the record, stuff like that arguing at the camp actually does happen - now that my brothers are older, they do stuff with my dad like that any time they get the chance lol!

The A/T scene was adorable and I love the way you write Jacen's ties to the Forces of nature. This is classic - thanks for the PM!

25. pinkpearl89

pinkpearl89 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2010
    I was already loving this story, then you added Anakin and Tahiri alive and happy and doing their thing, and I will now love you forever, lol. Adorable between the two of them, and clever way to slip in the fact that Jaina does a lot of making out with Jag as well 8-}

Also, I know it's been mentioned, but I love that Kyp and Jag can both recognize the not-purely-innocent questions from Solo kids, and how Jacen is the one who refers to Jag as the walking, talking instruction manual. Somehow makes it seem like Jag is part of the family, if you know what I mean

Great job! Keep it coming please =D=