main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Stranded (AU; Jag, Kyp, Jacen, and Zekk crash on Tenupe) -- updated 17. February

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Iverna, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Oh my , this is great !!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

All the boys together and getting themselves in trouble. Love it!! Can't wait for Jaina to arrive on the scene, they're never gonna live this down!!

Add me to your PM list please.

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I really liked how Tahiri was drawing Anakin. That was adorable.

And the surprise that Jag crashed a ship... [face_laugh]

Aaaaaaaaaaannnnddd...I liked Kyp being a brat. [face_laugh] Arguing with Zekk over a tent. So funny.

And the poor boys...Jaina's going to have a lot of fun, isn't she? :p

3. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    [face_laugh]

I love all the banter between the guys. Yes, Jag is the walking manual for everything! Anakin and Tahiri were also very sweet together. I love how everyone got suddenly nervous when they figured out Jaina is going to come pick them up. Looking forward to more antics!

4. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    The cliff-
    [face_laugh] Boys will be boys.

?Fel crashed a ship?? Anakin?s handsome features contorted into an expression of amused disbelief. ?Jagged Fel crashed a ship??

?Yeah.? Jaina grinned, and Tahiri felt briefly sorry for the guys. A ship with Jagged Fel, Kyp Durron, and Zekk aboard crashing? They would never live it down. Not if Jaina had anything to say about it. Which, of course, she did.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Going to be a fun conversation.

Jagged Fel, walking, talking instruction manual for most things you can name and some you can?t.
    Haha, but it's much easier to just wing it. :p

Great update!

5. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Oooh, replies, okay!

Hazel

I loved it, especially Anakin/Tahiri - what a delightful scene and Jaina interrupting them was so cute.
    Glad you enjoyed that! It was my first time writing A/T so I was a bit nervous how it would go. But yay!

And then the boys arguing about setting up camp and the living breathing Instruction's Manual watching. Only to find out, in the end, that it was too hot to sleep inside.
    Yeah, they really are practicing that whole foresight thing that Yoda preached, aren't they? *lol* A lot to learn they have...

This is completely worth the wait, but more soon, please.
    Thank you, and I'll do my best!

Jade_Max

Bwahahaha! The banter is classic and I adore how each of them has their own voice no matter if you say who is speaking or not - I have no problem 'hearing' each of them as individuals.
    Oh, wow, really? That's so cool. I'm really flattered right now. Thank you!! I'm so so happy to hear that.

For the record, stuff like that arguing at the camp actually does happen - now that my brothers are older, they do stuff with my dad like that any time they get the chance lol!
    Really? My last experience of camping was when I was 10 or 11, I think, and I just remember my parents occasionally arguing about how to do it right... but it figures that boys would be like this. *lol* That's awesome!

The A/T scene was adorable and I love the way you write Jacen's ties to the Forces of nature. This is classic - thanks for the PM!
    Yay, that's great to hear! I was nervous about the A/T scene but it seems to have gone okay. I love writing Jacen... non-dark!Jacen, that is. :p But yeah. Thanks!

pinkpearl89

I was already loving this story, then you added Anakin and Tahiri alive and happy and doing their thing, and I will now love you forever, lol. Adorable between the two of them, and clever way to slip in the fact that Jaina does a lot of making out with Jag as well
    That's seriously brilliant, thank you! I love A/T so I kind of had to add them in... and J/J goes without saying, of course!

Also, I know it's been mentioned, but I love that Kyp and Jag can both recognize the not-purely-innocent questions from Solo kids, and how Jacen is the one who refers to Jag as the walking, talking instruction manual. Somehow makes it seem like Jag is part of the family, if you know what I mean
    That's cool! I hadn't even notice that... didn't do it on purpose, although I suppose that's exactly the situation I have in my head so it's pretty epic that that comes across like this. I'm finding out that Jag and Jacen are actually quite fun to write; they rarely get page time together in canon so it's fun to explore their dynamic as well.

Great job! Keep it coming please
    Thank you, and I'll do my best to update asap!

Kailene

Oh my , this is great !!!
    Glad to hear that, yay!

All the boys together and getting themselves in trouble. Love it!! Can't wait for Jaina to arrive on the scene, they're never gonna live this down!!
    Yeah, that's gonna be fun, isn't it?! The poor guys. Except I can't quite manage to feel sorry for them... [face_mischief]

Add me to your PM list please.
    Done!

Ceillean

I really liked how Tahiri was drawing Anakin. That was adorable.
    Heh, yeah... I dunno if she actually draws, but she had to do something, and it seemed to fit. And it's something I have a clue about so I can write it *lol*

And the surprise that Jag crashed a ship...
    It's getting to be a recurring thing, isn't it? But I think anyone who knows Jag would be surprised to hear it...

Aaaaaaaaaaannnnddd...I liked Kyp being a brat. Arguing with Zekk over a tent. So funny.
    The man is good at being a brat. [face_laugh] He and Zekk are fun to write together. So much grounds for clashing...

And the poor boys...Jaina's going to have a lot of fun, isn't she?
    Well, I know I would if I was her... :p [face_mischief]

Luna

I love all the

6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I would like to experience more of the serenity going on here!

;)

Good to know that they will not have a freak like the boys in "Lord of the Flies".

[face_whistling]

Please add me to the PM list!

Go raibh míle maith agat! Pretty please! Bitte, bitte! Graag doen!

7. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Awesome job, once again. :)

8. echo_girl_94

echo_girl_94 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 18, 2011
    I just read through all the entries so far and I really liked them! Favorite moment: They spend all that time arguing about the tents, only to find it's too hot to use them. [face_laugh]

Add me to your PM list please? :)

9. fel_edge

fel_edge Jedi Knight

Jun 15, 2008
    I just read through all the entries so far and I must say I am highly amused. I was especially fond of the ?Fel crashed a ship?? Anakin?s handsome features contorted into an expression of amused disbelief. ?Jagged Fel crashed a ship?? and the other reactions from varying characters to the thought of Jag crashing. I was also fond of how Jaina kept saying how worried she was about Jag and then remembering it should be worrying about all 4 and correcting herself. I can't wait to see what's next. Please add me to the PM List.

10. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    No new post yet, but soon... I promise! In the meantime, more replies...

Azure

I would like to experience more of the serenity going on here!
    Yeah, I guess this is as relaxed as it ever gets in the GFFA. *lol*

Good to know that they will not have a freak like the boys in "Lord of the Flies".
    Oh, yeah. That'd be something else - if Jacen suddenly started going crazy or something!

Please add me to the PM list!

Go raibh míle maith agat! Pretty please! Bitte, bitte! Graag doen!

Done and done, thanks for reading! [:D]

padawan3

Awesome job, once again.
    Thank you!

echo_girl_94

I just read through all the entries so far and I really liked them! Favorite moment: They spend all that time arguing about the tents, only to find it's too hot to use them.
    Yeah, see, the Force does have a sense of humour. *lol* Or maybe that's Fate... anyway, glad it made you laugh!

Add me to your PM list please?
    Done, welcome aboard!

fel_edge

I just read through all the entries so far and I must say I am highly amused. I was especially fond of the ?Fel crashed a ship?? Anakin?s handsome features contorted into an expression of amused disbelief. ?Jagged Fel crashed a ship?? and the other reactions from varying characters to the thought of Jag crashing. I was also fond of how Jaina kept saying how worried she was about Jag and then remembering it should be worrying about all 4 and correcting herself. I can't wait to see what's next. Please add me to the PM List.
    Hehe, well I guess it's highly unusual for Jag to crash - you expect it from Hobbie, not him. *lol* And yeah; I suppose Jaina can excuse it by saying that Jag's the only non-Jedi so it's tougher for him, but who'd believe her? :p I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far, and I've added you to the list!

11. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Took me a while, I know, but here's the next part! Jaina catches up to the boys...

PM list
    Luna_Nightshade
    Jade_Max
    Durroness
    CelseteAntola
    Jainasolo101
    Hazel
    padawan3
    pinkpearl89
    Kailene
    AzureAngel2
    echo_girl_94
    fel_edge

[b][u]Chapter 4[/u][/b]

To Kyp?s complete lack of surprise, it turned out that there wasn?t much to do on Tenupe. The first day passed without much incident; a routine began to settle over the camp, with frequent jumps into the pool below. They stopped bothering to dry off afterwards or getting changed beforehand; shoes and shirts and pants hung around the edges of their camp to dry, leaving them clad in their shorts. It was like living in a swimming resort.

They stayed close to the camp, though. No one wanted to tempt fate by venturing too far away from the camp, since they couldn?t be sure what lurked in the jungle, and in any case the heat made it difficult to summon up much enthusiasm for anything other than swimming.

Aside from Jacen, of course. The young man was on his feet at sunrise on the second day, too, exploring the underbrush and climbing two of the bigger trees beside the camp and waking Kyp by throwing some sort of fruit at his head from ten meters above.

Breakfast, ostensibly.

Kyp had thanked him by sending a Force-shove up at his damned branch and dislodging him like another piece of ripe fruit. But the kid had reacted quickly and managed to land with some measure of grace and a lot of cheerfulness, and had gone off to examine some kind of moss that grew under Zekk?s sleeping pad.

The brat.

Still, a part of Kyp had to admit that it was handy to have Jacen along. He kept them in good spirits, and instinctively knew his way around the place.

So when the humming started just after noon, it was once again Jacen who took notice. He emerged from the underbrush, covered in mud and bits of tree, staring over at Zekk, who had just returned to the camp.

?What did you do??

Zekk frowned. ?Me? Nothing---?

?Never mind,? Jacen cut him off. ?Get in the water, now!?

Jag looked up at him, shaking his head. ?What---?

?Wasbers,? Jacen shouted, and tugging at Jag?s arm. ?Come [i]on[/i].?

Kyp was already on his feet. The humming was growing louder at a rate that suddenly seemed alarming. He?d never heard of wasbers before, but he trusted Jacen?s judgement.

They jumped over the edge and into the pool.

Kyp felt Jacen?s touch on his mind, tugging him and Zekk into a battle meld, and he understood. They had to stay under water, where the insects would not be able to reach them. That wasn?t a problem for Kyp, but less than a metre away, Jag was already drifting back towards the surface, buoyed by the air in his lungs and the relative lightness of his body. Kyp reached out to hold him in place.

He felt Jacen?s distraction as the kid reached out to the insects above them, trying to persuade them to give up the attack. Kyp couldn?t help with that.

But he had another problem. Even Jedi couldn?t function without air for long, and between the headlong rush and the struggle to stay underwater, much of the oxygen in his blood was already depleted. He had another thirty seconds, maybe, before things would start getting critical.

And if [i]he[/i] was having problems...

Jag wasn?t struggling against Kyp?s Force grip, but his eyes were wide in mute appeal. A curse echoed through Kyp?s brain. Not good. Not good at all.

Theoretically, he could create a Force bubble to repel the insects and let them breathe, but the problem was that a simple bubble would also keep the water in and the air out if he did it now, under water. It was also possible to fine-tune it so that it would allow water and air through but not the insects, but that took time and concentration. And he knew that he didn?t have enough of either right now.

So fine. They couldn?t get up to the air. But the air could come down to them.

He reached out, far above where the insects were buzzing over the pool, gathered the force to him, and tugged. There was a splash, and pockets of air landed in the water around him, hover

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    =P~

This whole chapter is one lovely mental picture after the other. :D

I love your Jacen - this is what he should have been like.

Also loved it when they all got together and the yummy banter.

13. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    [face_laugh]

I love how they all had terrible landings and are now stuck for a bit of a tropical vacation. The quip about being short vs. landing a ship had me grinning. Great update!

14. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    No kidnapping, governments trying to overthrow each other or being shot at, it is a vacation for Jacen. :p

Like Kyp, Zekk and Jag have any hope of living it down.

Fun update!

15. fel_edge

fel_edge Jedi Knight

Jun 15, 2008
    Ah Solo's, I suppose anything that involves only getting shot at once could be considered a vacation for them. I love Jag's immediate comeback when Jaina started to tease him but I can't wait to see what Han Solo says to all of them when he figures out the rescue party managed to pretty much crash as well.

16. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    An up-date sparkling with humour and brilliant people.@};-

17. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    [face_laugh] :D

Great update! Thanks for the PM!

~Celeste

18. EmperorFel

EmperorFel Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2009
    Nice. Loving it.

19. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    So it's been days again, already... eep! Thanks so much for your comments, guys.

Hazel

This whole chapter is one lovely mental picture after the other.
    Thank you, I try my best!

I love your Jacen - this is what he should have been like.[/i]
    This is pretty much what Jacen IS like in my head... Caedus, what? Nananana can't hear you... :p I'm glad you like him here.

Also loved it when they all got together and the yummy banter.
    I love writing banter. It probably shows. I usually end up with far more of it than intended. Ah well. [face_blush] Thank you!

Luna

I love how they all had terrible landings and are now stuck for a bit of a tropical vacation. The quip about being short vs. landing a ship had me grinning. Great update!
    Yep, forced vacation time. Not the worst thing that could happen to you, I suppose. *lol* And I'm glad you like the J/J banter as well, they're fun to write. Thanks!

FelsGoddess

No kidnapping, governments trying to overthrow each other or being shot at, it is a vacation for Jacen.[i/]
    *lol* I know, right? It struck me while I was writing it. :p

Like Kyp, Zekk and Jag have any hope of living it down.
    Yeeeaaahh... not a chance in the world. [face_laugh]

Fun update!
    Thank you kindly!

fel_edge

Ah Solo's, I suppose anything that involves only getting shot at once could be considered a vacation for them.
    [face_laugh] Too true!

I love Jag's immediate comeback when Jaina started to tease him but I can't wait to see what Han Solo says to all of them when he figures out the rescue party managed to pretty much crash as well.
    Oh, yeah. That's going to be a lot of fun. *lol*

Azure

An up-date sparkling with humour and brilliant people.
    Yay, thank you very much!

Celeste

Great update! Thanks for the PM!
    No problem, glad you enjoyed it! Cheers!

EmperorFel

Nice. Loving it.
    That's great to hear, thanks!

I'm working on the next post, but it'll be another few days at least before the next update. But update I will!

20. Tachelle

Tachelle Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2011
    I've been reading for a while, but haven't commented yet. This is a great story - there's great dynamic between 'the boys'. I loved Jag's internal monologue in the second chapter...being carried through the jungle by Kyp Durron...unacceptable. There are so many great moments and one-liners throughout. Really enjoying reading this one.

21. echo_girl_94

echo_girl_94 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 18, 2011
    I loved this chapter, but didn't get around to commenting sooner. [face_blush]

I so want to be there... A tropical vacation sounds great. :p

Can't wait for the next update, and thanks for the PM! :)

22. pinkpearl89

pinkpearl89 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2010
    So, I meant to reply a while ago, but life got in the way [face_blush]

But once again, this was a great post! My absolute favorite part was the J/J teasing at the end of course, but I also loved that Jag was the only one with complete confidence in Jaina's ability to land the damaged ship. And I was fascinated by the wasbers bit in the beginning--I think I just like to see it when superpowers reach their limits, and you did an excellent job with it

Thanks for another awesome post, please update soon!

23. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Hmmm, let's see...shirtless, green-eyed, black-haired men...yep, my day is now complete! :p

I am so loving this, especially all the snarky banter, you've really nailed them all.

Great job!!

24. pinkpearl89

pinkpearl89 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2010
    Up?

Pretty please?

With whipped cream and a cherry on top?

[face_praying][face_batting]:D

25. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Tachelle

I've been reading for a while, but haven't commented yet. This is a great story - there's great dynamic between 'the boys'. I loved Jag's internal monologue in the second chapter...being carried through the jungle by Kyp Durron...unacceptable. There are so many great moments and one-liners throughout. Really enjoying reading this one.
    Hehe, thank you! Yeah, Jag may be ready to fall over and play dead, but a man's got his pride, right? *lol* I'm really glad you're enjoying it!

echo_girl

I loved this chapter, but didn't get around to commenting sooner.
    Don't worry, I'm really bad at commenting myself, these days!

I so want to be there... A tropical vacation sounds great.
    You and me both! I usually hate the heat, but I'd love some for a change...

Can't wait for the next update, and thanks for the PM!
    Yay, and you're welcome!

pinkpearl

So, I meant to reply a while ago, but life got in the way
    Uhm... ditto! Don't worry about it. I've been so bad at keeping up around here...

But once again, this was a great post! My absolute favorite part was the J/J teasing at the end of course, but I also loved that Jag was the only one with complete confidence in Jaina's ability to land the damaged ship. And I was fascinated by the wasbers bit in the beginning--I think I just like to see it when superpowers reach their limits, and you did an excellent job with it
    Wow, thank you, that's awesome! Good point about the wasbers... I guess not even Jedi are omnipotent. It is fun to explore that. I didn't quite realise that that's what this was doing, but still! And J/J ftw. :D

Thanks for another awesome post, please update soon!
    I'll do my very best! Thank you for the "up" as well - I feel so bad that I haven't updated yet. Sorry. But I haven't forgotten!

Kailene

Hmmm, let's see...shirtless, green-eyed, black-haired men...yep, my day is now complete!
    Haha, I know how you feel!

I am so loving this, especially all the snarky banter, you've really nailed them all.

Great job!!

That's so cool, thank you!!

Guys, I haven't abandoned this story, I promise. It's just life getting in the way as usual. I'm in the middle of so many projects, as usual, and I just haven't had time to continue this. But I will! I'll try to get an update written sometime this week. I haven't plotted this story out at all, so I really want to know what happens next too. I'll do my best to update soon, I promise. Thanks for reading this far!! [:D]