main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Stranded (AU; Jag, Kyp, Jacen, and Zekk crash on Tenupe) -- updated 17. February

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Iverna, Mar 19, 2011.

1. pinkpearl89

pinkpearl89 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2010
    Hey there! I was so pleasantly surprised when I saw another chapter up!

?Jerk,? she muttered, and blinked her eyes open.

Charming as always, Jaina...

?If it?s all his fault, what were you doing?? Jaina challenged. ?Bolt cutter. I guess you were reading the new issue of Galactic Gossip??

?Wow, I didn?t know you knew when the new issue came out.?

Jaina felt the bold cutter press into her hand and turned back to the actuator. ?It?s a weekly publication. It doesn?t take a genius.?

?Didn?t you know you knew it was weekly.?

?Don?t try to change the subject. Were you trying out the styling tips or reading up on Sharila Venner?s love life??

?Hey, that new curling shampoo looks absolutely amazing, I?ll have you know.?

?I?m sure that it cheered the guys up no end when you crawled out of the wreckage with amazing hair and a guilty expression.?

?Oh hey, there?s no need to be jealous, I hear straight hair and grease smears are the coming thing.?

Hilarious [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

?Boys,? Tahiri interrupted. ?Jaina?s not here. Tenel Ka?s not here. Stop with the posturing.?

Lol, poor Tahiri. At least she tried :p

She tried, she really did. But the timing was entirely wrong, as it had to be after what he?d told her, and she overbalanced. Rhythm gone, she splashed and spluttered in the water before she finally managed to right herself.

We trusted you, Jag [face_shame_on_you]

?That was quick.?

?Right man for the job,? Jaina said with a smirk, and Jag?s heart skipped a beat despite his best efforts.

Cute and fuzzy = happy me [face_love]

2. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    *Attempts Jedi mind trick on self* I will post more often. I will post more often. I will post more often.

But before I do, replies!

Luna Nightshade

I loved all the banter in this. Fantastic. This is the way it should be--everyone able to be sarcastic and poke fun at each other and have fun. I loved Anakin and Tahiri, and Jaina and Jag. Profic authors should take note. Looking forward to more!
    Yay, glad to hear it! I agree. It's a lot more fun like this, at least I think so.

Ceillean

I have to agree with Tahiri about the swimming on your back thing -- I can't do it either.
    It's not that hard once you know how... but I guess that's true for most things. *lol*

I loooooooooooved the banter in this entire update.
    Yay, awesome!

And...yeah...the mush was great too.
    Really? Phew! ;)

JediFalcon

Awesome update and loved the banter. Can't wait for more
    Thanks!

Hazel

That was a great chapter, loved all the banter going around.
    Glad you liked it, it's fun to write!

Awww! I really love these two, they're so sweet.
    Me too! They're adorable together.

Book-Geek

Remind me to never let Jacen cook for me...
    That might be for the best, yeah!

Loved Jaina and Zekk teasing each other while fixing the ship and Tahiri's "swimming" lesson. Adore how all the boys are so protective of Jaina. Very sweet.
    Glad you enjoyed all that! Poor Tahiri. *lol*

Bel

So Jacen with Tenel Ka? I love it! And Tahiri so cheerful and talkative, I love her so.
    Yep... well, sorta. With those two you never know quite what's going on. But that's all right. *lol* I really like Tahiri as well, she's fun to write!

A great update!
    Thank you!

AzureAngel

It was not that bad waiting for your update after all. Because it has all that I waited for: fun, action, humour and romantic moments.
    I'm glad to hear that! I take far too long to update these things.

Thanks a million! Go raibh míle maith agat. Dankeschön! Merci! Van harte bedankt! Tack!
    Uhm, you're welcome! Tá fáilte romhat! Bitte sehr! De rien! Graag gedaan (I think)! Varsågod!

FelsGoddess

Lovely update! Love how Jag and Tahiri know what they have to do to drag Jaina and Anakin away.
    Heh, I guess they've got a bit of experience with that!

pinkpearl

Hey there! I was so pleasantly surprised when I saw another chapter up!
    finally, right? Took me long enough. =P

Charming as always, Jaina...
    Oh, absolutely. But then, it is her brother...

Lol, poor Tahiri. At least she tried
    Yeah, she's fighting a losing battle there...

We trusted you, Jag
    And that is your weakness. [face_mischief]

Cute and fuzzy = happy me
    Mission accomplished, then!

Okay, sorry guys, it's been another age since the last update. Thank you for your patience! We will return to your scheduled broadcast soon. Very soon. Very soon indeed. Promise.

3. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    As promised, an update.

PM list
    Luna_Nightshade
    Jade_Max
    Durroness
    CelseteAntola
    Jainasolo101
    Hazel
    padawan3
    pinkpearl89
    Kailene
    AzureAngel2
    echo_girl_94
    fel_edge
    JediFalcon
    DarthBellumSolo

[u][b]Chapter 7[/b][/u]

?This planet,? Jaina said with clenched teeth, "is going to drive me insane."

"This ship is going to drive me insane," Zekk replied, earning himself a dirty look.

"It's not the ship's fault that this planet sucks."

"Sure. Just like it's not your or Jag's fault that you crashed."

"I didn't?"

Jaina's objection was cut short when Zekk dropped his hydrospanner with a loud clang and snatched his finger to his mouth, grimacing in pain. "Son of a?"

Jaina smirked. "She's a vengeful one."

"No surprise there."

It had been two days since Jaina's trek to the boys' downed ship. She'd spent half the day on the [i]Trickster[/i] yesterday, taking turns with Anakin, Lowie and Zekk as they worked on the repairs. This morning, the four of them were all together, putting in the so-called finishing touches which always took several hours, at least.

Jaina finished soldering the wire she was holding back to the flux coupling, glanced over at Zekk, and leaned back to shout around the doorway. "Lowie?"

An acknowledgement roared through the access hatch.

"Coupling's back in! Give it a try!"

Lowbacca barked another acknowledgement. For a moment, nothing happened. Then a small plume of smoke rose from the coupling, tainting the air with the sweet smell of oiled metal.

"Looks great!" Jaina called, waving to disperse the smoke. "Go on and shut her down!"

Zekk sat back on the deck plate, twirling the hydrospanner. "So now what? The ignition coil?"

"Can't do the final connection until we've got the cooling system back online," Jaina said. "And we can't do that until Anakin and Lowie fix the computers. Shouldn't take long once that's done, though." She thought it over. Neither she nor Zekk were nearly as good with computers as the other two, but she knew that computer issues on a ship never stayed purely computer issues. "Let's go help them. I bet there's more than one fuse we blew out during the... landing."

"Well, you must have spare parts for those," Zekk commented. "If the ship's anything like her owner, she blows fuses on a regular basis."

Jaina glared at him.

He grinned and got to his feet, where he promptly banged his head against a thick pipe running along the ceiling. His grin disappeared and he glared at the bulkhead. "Oh, come on. That's just petty."

Jaina smiled.

"This isn't so bad," Tahiri said, swinging her legs in the water and taking another bite of her ration bar. "I'm almost sorry we're leaving soon."

In the water ahead of her, Kyp Durron glowered. He was good at it. "I'm not. Sooner the better."

Tahiri grinned. On the face of it, a crash landing didn't sound like a whole lot of fun. But if you put the right spin on it, it became just that. After all, right now, she was sitting by a pool in the middle of the jungle, accompanied by three very handsome young men, none of them wearing a whole lot, paddling in the water with her feet while having a snack.

Granted, none of the men were Anakin, and so not all that interesting. And granted, her snack was a ration bar. But Tahiri had long since learned that it was all in how you looked at it.

She splashed some water at Kyp. "Don't be such a grouch."

"Think about it this way," Jacen said. "The longer we stay here, the longer until you have to face everyone back home and explain to them how you crashed and Jaina had to rescue you."

"Well, aren't you just a ray of sunshine," Kyp growled. "Anyway, you were on the ship too."

Jacen grinned. "Yeah, but I'm not a pilot. I don't have an ego to protect."

"A Solo without an ego?" Tahiri laughed. "Sorry, I don't believe you."

Jag burst out of the water nearby. He got his feet under him, water running in rivulets down his bare chest and spraying onto Jacen as he shook his head and wiped at his eyes. Jacen immediately shovelled water back at him.

"Damn it, Fel, where did y

4. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Eeek! This can't possibly be good!:eek: [face_worried]

A part of Tahiri ? the same part that had delighted in the various pranks she and Anakin had pulled over the years, an impish, slightly treacherous part ? was hoping that Han would be wherever they wound up after getting off this planet. A Fel, a Solo and a flying mishap were a dozen punch lines waiting to happen.

Oh, please, please let Han be there when they get back![face_devil]

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I really like Tahiri in this story. She's so lighthearted. :)

:eek: Trouble [face_worried]

6. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    "Well, you must have spare parts for those," Zekk commented. "If the ship's anything like her owner, she blows fuses on a regular basis."

Jaina glared at him.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] That was a good one :D

Please let Han be there.

More soon

7. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    The plot thickens! :D Action in paradise. Although I wouldn't have complained reading more about the handsome men playing around in the water. :p

It was nice reading about them in Jedi mode, though. And i liked how Jag took the initiative and shot the speeder pilot. And Kyp up in his face -- that's Kyp.

Looking forward to the next update!

8. pinkpearl89

Jun 9, 2010
    Oh jeez, anyone messing with Jacen (at least, your AU Jacen, who I like better) or Jag will have to face the wrath of Jaina. Go after both of them and I don't wanna know what she'll do to them...[face_worried]

Great update! Thanks for the PM :)

9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Han was still dragging his feet, of course. Or at least, he was making a show of dragging his feet. Leia said that it was some weird pride thing because he was Jaina's father.

A part of Tahiri ? the same part that had delighted in the various pranks she and Anakin had pulled over the years, an impish, slightly treacherous part ? was hoping that Han would be wherever they wound up after getting off this planet. A Fel, a Solo and a flying mishap were a dozen punch lines waiting to happen.

Brilliant update! :D

I love the happy and relaxed atmosphere in your fanfic.

10. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    none of the men were Anakin, and so not all that interesting.
    Ouch. :p

Uh oh. Wonder what this group of criminals wants? Great update.

11. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Eeeek! This was a fantastically exciting update. I love the teams working together and the banter, of course. Looking forward to seeing how they get themselves out of this! Great update.

12. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Book-Geek

Eeek! This can't possibly be good!
    Nope! Well, I had to have some action and drama, couldn't help it!

Oh, please, please let Han be there when they get back!
    Let's just say that I have a feeling that Jag's luck isn't going to improve very much anytime soon... [face_mischief]

Hazel

I really like Tahiri in this story. She's so lighthearted.
    I'm glad! She wasn't even supposed to be in it, originally, but she's a lot of fun to write!

Trouble
    Definitely!

JediFalcon

That was a good one
    Yep, I think all that time hanging around Jacen has paid off for Zekk!

Please let Han be there.
    You'll find out soon!

More soon
    As soon as I can, yep!

Ceillean

The plot thickens! Action in paradise. Although I wouldn't have complained reading more about the handsome men playing around in the water.
    Well, yeah, but there's only so many ways to describe that kind of thing... I ran out of adjectives!

It was nice reading about them in Jedi mode, though. And i liked how Jag took the initiative and shot the speeder pilot. And Kyp up in his face -- that's Kyp.
    Hehe, I think that was my favourite scene. Kyp and Jag are such a funny pair to write (and read).

Looking forward to the next update!
    Here's hoping I'll get it done soon!

pinkpearl

Oh jeez, anyone messing with Jacen (at least, your AU Jacen, who I like better) or Jag will have to face the wrath of Jaina. Go after both of them and I don't wanna know what she'll do to them...
    Yeah, I think Jaina's on the warpath. Although the boys should be able to take care of themselves, too... I guess we'll find out!

Great update! Thanks for the PM
    Thanks, and you're welcome! [:D]

AzureAngel

Brilliant update!
    Thank you!

I love the happy and relaxed atmosphere in your fanfic.
    Good to hear! Although it's becoming less so, now... [face_mischief]

FelsGoddess

Ouch.
    Well, at least she didn't say it out loud, right? :p

Uh oh. Wonder what this group of criminals wants? Great update.
    You'll find out soon! Thank you!

Luna

Eeeek! This was a fantastically exciting update. I love the teams working together and the banter, of course. Looking forward to seeing how they get themselves out of this! Great update.
    The banter's still my favourite thing to write. It practically writes itself, with these guys. Thank you!

I'm about halfway done with the next update... I'll get it posted as soon as I can! Sorry for leaving you all with a cliffie!

13. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    We have an update! Lights! Camera! Action! And more action!

PM list
    Luna_Nightshade
    Jade_Max
    Durroness
    CelseteAntola
    Jainasolo101
    Hazel
    padawan3
    pinkpearl89
    Kailene
    AzureAngel2
    echo_girl_94
    fel_edge
    JediFalcon
    DarthBellumSolo

[u][b]
    Chapter 8[/b][/u]

"Looks like those ships are guarding your hill," Tahiri panted as she stood beside Jacen, lightsaber at the ready. "Any more smart ideas?"

"Keep going," Jacen replied, determined not to let her goad him. "We'll worry about them when we get there."

"Right." She deflected another blaster bolt back into the jungle. Their attackers still lagged behind, weighed down by their armour and lack of Force-enhanced sprints, but there were a lot of them, and the occasional bolt was starting to find its way.

"She's coming up," Jaina's voice came from the comlink clipped to Jacen's headband. "Running preflights now."

"Copy," Jacen called back. "Sooner the better."

"I know, I know," she said testily. "Where's Jag?"

"Can't talk," Jag's voice came, clipped and tense, barely audible over the screeching of blaster cannons. Jacen hoped they were his.

"Come on," he said, grabbing Tahiri's arm. "Keep going."

"Stabiliser's not right," Anakin said, frowning at the display.

"I know," Jaina snapped, yet again. "Can't help it now. Get back there and see what you can do with it."

"Gotcha."

Lowie dropped into the co-pilot's seat after Anakin had left it, growling something.

"Looks like it," Jaina agreed. "Thank the Force we only had one leak."

"And it was small," Zekk commented from behind them. "You want me on the guns?"

She nodded once. "Go."

The engine was slow to initialise, or maybe it only felt that way because she was constantly waiting to hear from the others. Jacen had left the channel open, but it was filled mostly with grunts, low-voiced commands and questions, and rustling foliage, accentuated by the occasional blaster shot.

Jag's channel was silent.

The ship was shuddering to life beneath her, and finally, the last light turned green and the sound settled into its familiar soothing pitch.

"Everyone hang on," Jaina called towards the intercom as she engaged the repulsors. "This is gonna get rough!"

The hill that Jacen had been leading the others up had a clearing at the top, much like the place where they'd had their camp only a few hours earlier. The difference was that their attackers seemed to have figured out his plan, because the ships were waiting there, circling around the hill and surrounding area, ready to strafe or land at a word.

Jacen had drawn Kyp and Tahiri into a Force meld, and together they were doing their best to hide from their attackers' sensors. It seemed to be working, but Jacen knew that as soon as they emerged into the open ahead, no amount of Force skill would hide them.

But they couldn't wait much longer, either. The troops behind them were advancing, and the two scouts were still out there, too.

At least, Jacen thought so. He didn't have the time to spare for checking, and Jag hadn't reported back. He was okay, though. Report or no report, Jaina would know if something happened to him. And what Jaina knew, Jacen knew.

"On our way," Jaina called over the com. "Hang on!"

And just then, Jacen saw the first attacker face to face.

He barely had time to notice the man's camo gear and plasteel helmet before the Force sang out and he followed it, bringing his lightsaber up to block the man's shots. All but one flew back towards the fellow, burning into his chest.

He fell, but three of his comrades moved forward, followed by more behind.

"Go." Jacen pushed Tahiri behind him. "Go!"

They ran up the hill, Tahiri in front and Kyp bringing up the rear. The troops followed, slowed a little by the occasional man falling in their ranks, killed by his own blaster shot.

A little, but not nearly enough.

"They're Plav's men," Jacen managed, his voice jerking as he ran on. "No markings, but they're wearing the same armour, and I'd bet that we'll find his name on the ship records, too."

"That's

14. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Jaina tightened her grip on the controls. The Trickster was still limping slightly, needing constant compensation for the erratic stabiliser, but Jaina knew her ship. She'd hold together.

Definantely her fathers daughter, Han's thinking really showed in this thought.

I hope Kyp is okay.

More soon

15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_worried]
    Is Kyp gonna be okay?

Great action sequence. =D=

16. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    What a cliffhanger!

I love your battle scenes!

Can´t wait to read more soon!

:D

17. pinkpearl89

Jun 9, 2010
    "Right," Jacen said. "Jag?"

"Jag!" Jaina yelled into the intercom. "Get up here!"

"?cockpit," Jacen finished with a brief smile.

[face_laugh] Oh Jaina, there was no need to yell. Jacen was already playing microphone for you :p

I'm assuming Kyp will be okay -- because Kyp is a badass -- but I can't wait to see what happens next!

18. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    I'm not sure how I managed to be away long enough to miss two updates... :oops:

Awesome action scenes, Iverna! Very intense and I could imagine everything that was happening!

I'm totally looking forward to the next update!

~Celeste

19. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    This was some really exciting action! Chaos, but some snark in there too. Lots of fun to follow along with what's happening. Great update!

20. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Action, adventure, snarky banter...I'm loving this! =D= I was psyched to come back to the boards and find this.

Wonderful job with the action squences, can't wait for the next update.