main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Strands of Time: Choice of Fate Up. 6/9-AngelQueen-IT IS ALIVE!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by AngelQueen, Oct 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    ::AQ hugs Am:: Yes! Bring it on!!! I can't wait to read it!!!! I'm sure it'll be great!!!

AQ

2. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    ::Hugs AQ back::

I just finished the first part and wow, is it big. I think my idea has expanded. Though my second part shouldn't be that big so it should so up in 30 mins providing I don't have anymore brainstorms.

Am [face_love]

ps: You guys will love it!!

3. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    ::Sends Am roses:: Long parts are good!!! I love long parts! 30 minutes? ::AQ looks nervous:: Thats about five minutes b/f I leave! Oh dear... Oh well, I can skim over it now, then read it in my 9th period class after I finish the assignment!

Can't wait Am!! I'm positive it'll be good!

AQ

4. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    ::peeks in:: Is it here yet? Is it here yet??? :D

Am, please post soon, you're driving me nuts!!! ;) ::hugs Am:: Pretty please... :)

5. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    I think I'm going to faint, I got four hours sleep last night. This post and it's dialog was plaguing me, so last night I thought of how I would do it. I did intend to write more, but with the size of this post already and everbody was desperate to read something. I decided to supply this, enjoy!

~*~

Alia felt herself drifting, floating somewhat, in a sea of nothingness. She stayed silent, avoiding the risk of opening her mouth to find that there were no possible words that she could express to describe a feeling, a place, such as this. The air around her was devoid of shape, but at the same time had taken on a distinctive shade of colours.

The patterns of the rainbow, swirled freely around the fifteen year old girl. She delighted, in feeling the gentle touch of the air across her bare skin. Sinking further into this rainbow coloured world, she allowed her senses to melt further into the depths of what could vaguely be called nothingness.

"Alia...Alia."

Inhaling deeply, she focussed on the voice, which seemed to be one she couldn't identify. But still, this foreign voice continued to call out to her. Startled, she glanced around her multi-coloured dreamworld in search of the voice's origin.

The colours, which had flowed through this dreamworld so vividly, were fading, journeying back to where they first came from. She gasped, alarmed, that her fantasy was disappearing before her very eyes. Determined to save at least some part of her fantasy, she reached out desperately trying to grasp at anything which reminded her of what was, before the voice came to disrupt her.

Her slim hands, glided through the open air, in a effort to capture some of the multi-coloured atmosphere. Alia's face sagged, in realization that this dreamworld was untouchable, unsaveable. This dreamworld had never sort the need for shape or the sense of touch. Rather than just being a tool in the palm of man's hand, if preferred to be it's own master and to roam where it wished.

"Alia.....," The hushed voice continued.

Alia listened closely to these small whispers of her name, noting quickly that this voice seemed to hold the tones of a male speaker. As this hushed voice continued to call her name, the coloured dreamworld slowly faded away clearing the way for darkness.

Out of nowhere, Alia felt a surprisingly warm hand grip her shoulder, shaking her forcefully. She didn't have time to look round to see who exactly was touching her shoulder, before a sharp pain shot up the side of her face and towards her forehead.

Instinctively, Alia's hand snapped up to brace her forehead applying pressure gently, sorting a way to block of the pain. Though her efforts her in vain, as the shot of pain begun to affect her eyes. No longer able to keep them open because of the pain, she squeezed her eyes shut. Her face scrunched up, under the intense amount of pain.

Rocking her body slowly back and forth, her ears were yet again filled with the tiny whisperings of her name. But instead of hearing if very faintly like she had before, she heard it even louder. The tones of the male voice vibrated the inner passage of her ear. It was almost like she was in the same room, as this male speaker.

"Alia.....Alia, wake up," The voice commanded softly.

Alia resisted her pain, allowing her eyes to carefully flutter open. She yelped, her pain now forgotten, as she leaped back a few centimetres. In front of her sat a male figure, clearly visible to her keen eyes. This male figure, was of medium built, broad shoulders, slightly muscular and wore what looked to be a traditional Jedi uniform. In estimation, he was about in his late 50's, with long grey spaghetti hair and a thick beard.

"Alia," He spoke, at the same moment reaching his left hand out to her.
    Alia gazed timidly at this stranger, though luckily she was not without training from her father. Luke Skywalker had made sure that his only daughter would train to be what nearly every member of the Skywalker family was, a Jedi.

Still, Alia was not nearly as luc

6. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    YES YES YES!!! IT'S HERE, PEOPLE!!!! :D :D :D

Great post, Am!!! Awesome!!! :) I'm unable to say more, just... POST MORE SOON!! (Now, who will be the one to do it, hmmm...) ;)

7. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    i read the first one and i LOVED [face_love] it! please post more!!! :)

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'd jump for joy, but that would be setting a bad example, so I'll just placidly say, AWESOME POST, AM! Good Qui-Gon characterization as usual, meaningful dialogue with what I reckon to be a bit of foreshadowing... Anyway, WHO'S next?

9. Lady_Padruga

Lady_Padruga Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2000
    THANK YOU!!!!!!

10. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    ::AQ screams in delight:: YES! It has begun!!! Woohoo!!!

Awesome job Am!!! You did a great job!!! Great characterization of both Qui-Gon and Alia!!!! So, Alia now has a little brother who is a total pain! Poor girl!

To answer who is next, Ish, Am has asked me to go next. I'm in school and can't post right now, though. Stupid Darth School...

Again, great job Am!!! Totally awesome!

AQ

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    YAy, AQ's up! Death to DarthSchool!

12. Lolipon

Lolipon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 28, 1999
    YAY! That was great!!!

13. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  14. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    WAHOO!!!!! This sounds like its gonna be awesome!!!

15. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    Qui-Gon, huh? I just knew it! :D

Good post! Hum... Nothing is as it seems, mmm? ;)

16. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Guess what everyone! I finished my post! Once I got started, I couldn't stop! I'm gonna post it quickly, my mother is screaming at me to get off the computer!

Enjoy everyone!

Five minutes later, Alia felt the ship land. Stepping out of the fresher, she picked up her suitcase and carry bag. Walking serenely down the hallway, past many of the other passengers, many of them families, she made her way towards the ramp.

The Captain, Lando Calrissian, stood nearby, saying farewell to the passengers. When it came to be her turn, he flashed her a brilliant smile as he picked up her hand and kissed it gallantly. "Farewell, Jedi Skywalker. It has been a pleasure having you aboard."

Fighting a roll of her blue eyes, Alia smiled and nodded, "Thank you, Captain. It was a pleasant flight. May the Force be with you."

She moved down the ramp and she squinted at the bright sunlight. Looking around, she tried to see if anyone was there to meet her.

"Alia!"

Whirling, the teenager saw four figures moving towards her. A huge grin broke onto Alia's face as she called, "Grandpa, Grandma, Grandpa Obi-Wan, Grandma Sabé!"

Forgetting decorum, she bolted towards them. Dropping her luggage, she jumped into Anakin's arms, who clutched her tightly to him.

"Alia," he whispered reverently, "You came."

Nodding into his shoulder, Alia answered, "Yes, I did. Ben was driving me mad, so Papa talked Mama into letting me come visit."

Anakin let his granddaughter go so she could greet the others. She turned to Padmé, who was holding her arms out to her. Alia flew into them as well.

As she held her, Padmé inquired, "Don't you baby-sit him on Friday's, when your parents go out? You won't be there for a few weeks, so who's going to watch him?"

That question caused Alia's grin to grow wider. She pulled back and replied, "Master Yoda volunteered."

Four pairs of eyes became as wide as saucers. "Master Yoda actually volunteered to take care of Ben," Obi-Wan gasped, his tone disbelieving.

The younger girl shrugged as she reached out to hug him gently, "Whether you believe me or not, it's true."

"That will certainly be a battle of wills," Sabé commented as she placed her hand on Alia's shoulder affectionately.

Alia smiled at her surrogate grandmother and nodded, "Yes. What I figured out early on was that if you play a joke on Master Yoda, he'll play one on you. I wonder if Ben's limited mind can figure that out."

Laughing, Padmé and Sabé grabbed her arms and began dragging her back towards their waiting hover car, leaving the men to grab Alia's luggage.

What the women didn't see was Anakin and Obi-Wan's eyes meet seriously and nod to one another.

They drove through the quiet city of Theed, Padmé and Sabé chattering the entire time about everything and nothing. Alia listened to them, smiling contentedly. Anakin and Obi-Wan, who were sitting up front, rolling their eyes at their wives chatter.

They continued on out of the city and into the nearby forest. Soon enough, they ended up at a large brick house.

As she got out, Alia whispered, "Wow. I'd almost forgotten how beautiful this place was."

And indeed the place was beautiful. Anakin and Obi-Wan had built it themselves, with a little help from the Gungans, as they were near the lake that lead to Otoh Gunga. It had a cellar that was always filled with food, a kitchen, a dinning room, a formal room, a sitting room, and a small study. On the second floor were four bedrooms, and the third floor had been made into a single bedroom.

Alia could remember the last time she'd stayed here. Her grandparents had let her sleep in the third floor bedroom and she had loved it. The room excluded a peace and contentment that she had never found anywhere else, not even her own room in the Temple.

"Are you coming, or are you going to just stand there?"

The young woman shook herself out of her memories and saw that Obi-Wan was waiting for her on the porch. The others had already entered the house. Smiling br

17. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    AWWWWW [face_love] Those posts were perfect- they were beyond perfect, they were excellent! I loved the entire dream sequence Am, it was something out of a dream ;)

And AQ- you captured Alia'a attitude perfectly!

Great Posties!

I will admit that sometimes I tend to say things that are completely random- but hey, would I be the same if I did say them?

On another note, I am hungry :)

18. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Awwww!!! That was just too sweet, I loved both posts, I can't wait to start writing about this! :)

19. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    more please please please!!!!!! I want more before Friday, because I'll be babysitting my niece and won't have access to the internet for part of the day.

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    And I ask again in lieu of the last post, who's next? (i.e. me jumping up and down, hand in the air saying "pick me pick me" and seeing the gods of round-robins pick someone else like a puppy in the window. Can you tell I'm trying to make you feel sorry for me so I can GET ON WITH IT?)

21. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Imaginative post AQ, I loved it!!! Thanks for covering for me by writing that scene, my brain was already fried yesterday while finishing that post.

Thanks everybody for your lovely comments!! I love feedback, I'm glad everybody enjoyed the dream sequence. I didn't know if anybody was going to guess who the mysterious dead Jedi was. But I gave it well away by describing him....

Thanks Ish, I love writing Qui-Gon at the moment. I don't know why, I've been reading too much of Wayward Beings. So lemme see, should we choose Ish next...

Am [face_love]

22. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    N-I-C-E. :)
    waiting impatiently for the next post.
    *reminds myself that patience is a virtue*
    POST!!! :)

23. Jade's Fire2003

Jade's Fire2003 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 1999
    Hmm...I wonder what Anakin and Obi-Wan are up to...

:D MORE :D

24. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Wow! Excellent post, Am!!! :D I loved Alia. She is grown up, more mature, but inside there's still that little sassy Alia we know... ;) Perfect! Please post again soon!! :D

25. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Thank you everyone!!!! Ish, if you'd like to do the next post, go right ahead!!! Can't wait to see it!!!!

AQ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.