main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Strands of Time: Choice of Fate Up. 6/9-AngelQueen-IT IS ALIVE!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by AngelQueen, Oct 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    YAY! Later; I have to finish a FotJ post now and then go to the Richards Building to get my Halloween/DVD costume. (Provo FanForce is going to be at the DVD release in full costume and, depending on what happens today, I either get to have the Amidala Senate costume or the Shmi costume. We're also using those when we have our SW themed Halloween party.

2. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    OO! Have fun Ish! Still can't wait though!

AQ

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Shmi here (the Amidala sleeves were about three times as long as my arms) and I'll have another post up in about an hour if all goes well.

4. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    ::AQ claps in delight:: You're Shmi? Cool! And don't worry, Ish! I'll beat off DRL so you can finish the post! ::AQ tries to brandish her violet lightsabre, but loses her grip, causing it to go flying and hit's her neighbor in the head::

Uhh... oops?

AQ

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    ::Buries her face in her hands.:: I had a throbbing headache when I woke up, I banged my head into a costume rack at the RB which made it worse, and now you're on the verge of giving me a MIGRAINE!

6. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    ::AQ hangs head and drops her voice to a whisper:: I'm sorry...

AQ

7. LeiaSkywalker

LeiaSkywalker Jedi Master star 3

Mar 31, 2001
    I've just caught up with this thread! :)

This is already a great job you're doing!

8. LadyKenobi

LadyKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2001
    WOW Girls! Sorry I havn't been on. Darth School is not being very nice. :(

But those were great posts!!! Am, I loved the dream sequence. That was fantastic! And AQ the dilouge was wonderful. Excellent job!

So Ish is next? Right on. Can't wait. and good luck! oh btw, *Hands Ish a bottle of asprin* Hope the headache goes away. :D

I'll make a stop at the PT later. :)

Laters!

9. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    ::whispers:: Ish, get well soon! ::sends Ish a painkiller and a box of chocolates::

Ehmm, and now to DRL. [face_devil]

::ignites her double-bladed red saber and runs after DRL::

::screams are heard in distance::

::Mar returns and shuts down her saber::

Now. Is that better? :D ;)

10. Lolipon

Lolipon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 28, 1999
    Great post!

New statues??... hmmmmm.... didn't they put up a statue in honor of Alia a long time ago?.... hmmmmmm........... :)

11. anekasolo

anekasolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2001
    A sequal, groovy!
    I am a little slow finding these things.

It is probably too late, but if the authors want help, I would be happy to oblige.

12. Emperor_Kefka

Emperor_Kefka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2001
    As I have said before, I have returned. As I have asked before, what happened to JediJae?

The only original concept is that this story is turning out...marvelous...incredible...elaborately devioius...?

What's the word again? :' ?

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Morning found Alia already at work.

She favored lightsaber practice early in the morning, when her mind was fresh and her senses completely unclouded by the concerns of real life.

It also afforded her the luxury of solitary training, something that was a rarity in the Temple.

She began in the courtyards of Theed with Katas and training remotes. She paid little visual attention to her surroundings, her senses focused instead on her perception of the Force and its movements around her.

She moved out of the third defensive posture into ready position, her amber saber held in a salute, taking deep calming breaths.

Then the first warning came to her mind. Pivoting, she swept the saber in a controlled arc to intercept the bolt, then snapped it to the diagonal. Her wrists twisted, letting the saber circle around before snapping up to beside her left ear, then swung down towards her right hip.

Stepping out into a wider stance, she swept the saber across her legs, catching two more bolts, then dropped to her knees gracefully extended her arms above her head, parrying the next shot. A remote at her back fired and her saber angled downward, catching it before it would have hit her spine. Quickly, she switched to a one-handed grip and let her left hand bring the saber around to block a shot aimed at her right shoulder.

A tone sounded, signalling the end of the sequence and she dropped into a meditative stance.

Her focus turned inward and she let her senses merge, blend with the ebb and flow of the Force. She slipped from meditation into an almost trance-like state, letting go of her conscious self and instead relying on the Force for strengthening and refreshing.

And guidance.

Still entranced, she rose and moved, her extinguished saber held low by her left hip.

Something in her mind told her to stop and she knelt once more, waiting for further instruction or information.

Emotional residue roiled in this place. Hatred, fear, determination, confusion. The darkness was laced with faint strands of light and the experience caused her breath to catch in her throat and her stomach threatened to rise against her.

A face.

A demonic visage, marred with a complex spiderweb of blood-red and char-black tattoos, leering with predatory malice, eyes rimmed in fire.

Contrasting with this was the cold fury of a young man with a strong jaw, the hair of a Padawan, and the eyes...

The eyes of Grandpa Obi-Wan. They were unmistakably his.

And then, between these two extremes, the familiar, almost maddening serenity of the man in her dreams.

She closed her eyes as though the motion could block out the vision, but her mind plunged into the psychic residue.

She could see lightsabers flashing, a blood-red haze tainting everything, the evidences of pitched battle. Several times, death seemed imminent, but in the end, only the demon was vanquished.

And then the dream-man turned to her, his eyes filled with a mixture of worry, irritation, and strange joy.

"Alia?"

The vision disappeared and she looked up to find Grandpa regarding her curiously.

"Are you all right?"

She blinked. They were seperated by the red haze of an enclision grid.

A blood-red haze tainting everything...

"Yes," she breathed. "I just..."

She trailed off, shaking her head. "I don't know what happened. After my sabership practice, I went into meditation and the Force guided me here."

Something flickered in his eyes, an amused remembrance of something, but he did not question, only nodded in acknowledgment.

"You finished your saber practice four hours ago," he said quietly. "That must have been some meditation."

Alia smiled slightly and rose as the grid rotated and he reached across to take her by the arm, pulling her along.

"I knew wherever you were, you'd have your reasons, but your grandmother's been worrying about your sudden disappearance."

Alia laughed easily. "Grandma worries more than Papa, if that's possible."

"Not easy to believe," he agreed, "but entirely possible.

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
  15. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Wow... that was stunning! I can't form it into words, a very good first post for this thread Ish! :)

16. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    OO! Go Ish!!!! That was great!!! Alia's starting to remember a little bit! Awesome!!! Wonderful job, my friend!!!

Who wants to go next?

AQ

17. LeiaSkywalker

LeiaSkywalker Jedi Master star 3

Mar 31, 2001
    This was great! She's finally going to learn the truth? :)

18. anekasolo

anekasolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2001
    that was neet how she knew who Qui-Gon.

How haunting to have a statue look just like you.

19. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    WOW!

That seems to be all that I say anymore on this thread :eek:

I am just in shock that she finally found out. I got to say that I love the vision sequences the best [face_love]

And Good Ol' Qui Gon :)

20. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    *eyes wide* the plot is unfolding...

21. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    ooooo I like!

22. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    please post more!!!!!! pwease?

23. LadyKenobi

LadyKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2001
    Wonderful! Fantastic! Amazing! That post was so good Ish! I love how she knew who Qui Gon was, and Padme crying. That was great. :)

So it's me or Jade up next. PT time! :p

Laters!

24. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    WOW, Ish fantastic post. I'm glad to see that you revealed Qui-Gon, I hoped somebody would do that exactly as you have done it. Your choice of words was exactly as I had expected, great job :)

Am [face_love]

25. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Wow, Ish... That was AWESOME, FANTASTIC, FABULOUS, ... uh, I've run out of words... GREAT POST!!! :D :D :D

Actually, I knew it was Qui-Gon in Alia's dreams (you know, long hair, beard, blue eyes)... ;) But how you actually introduced him was really nice. :) And Alia's saber practice - nobody can write saber fights like you do, Ish! It was wonderful! :)

Now. Who's next??? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.