main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Strands of Time: Choice of Fate Up. 6/9-AngelQueen-IT IS ALIVE!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by AngelQueen, Oct 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    That was great!! Congrats on the superb job AQ, I especially loved the little flashback with Luke and Alia. :)

2. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    I'm here AQ! :D Wonderful post, you did a awesome job with it, especially describing the Fountains room. Bravo!

Am [face_love]

3. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    [face_blush]

Aww! Thanks JA, Am! ::AQ hugs both of them::

AQ

4. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
  5. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Where'd everyone go? Please don't say that you've given up on this! Come back, everyone!

AQ

6. LadyKenobi

LadyKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2001
    Right here AQ! What a wonderful post! I almost cried when Qui Gon Spoke to here. :_| And those flash backs about the Sith Lady. OOO. What ever could that mean? [face_devil] Excellent.

So whose next? :)

Laters!

7. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Thanks LadyK! Up!

AQ

8. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    That was superbly done, both posts!! :) I loved the flashbacks. Not so many people can do that sort of thing well, but you pulled it off magnificently. Can't wait for the next post. :D

9. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    ::stares at the screen:: :eek:

OMG, AQ, that was BEAUTIFUL!!! :) I totally loved it! The flashbacks were great and Alia's realization so well-written!!!

Great job there, AQ!!! :D

10. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Thanks everyone! LadyK is going to post next, when she's able!

AQ

11. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
  12. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Uppers!!!

13. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
  14. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    UP!

::looks around::

Where did the readers go? :_|

15. Lolipon

Lolipon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 28, 1999
    Both of those posts were great! Up!

16. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
  17. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
  18. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Uppers!!! :mad:

;)

19. Lolipon

Lolipon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 28, 1999
    I think I'll give you authors some help in UPPPing this!!

20. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Thanks, Lollipon. :)

21. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
  22. LadyKenobi

Feb 27, 2001
    Wow. A postie!!! Who knew? :p A big thanks to AQ for Betaing this for me, and to Mar for helping out with some technical issues. :) So without further adu, enjoy! :)
    --------------

Alia remained very still for a moment. She held the vision in her mind for as long as possible, studying every angle. It just couldn't be. She took one last look at the room of a thousand fountains before exiting. I have to know more. I have to be sure. She muttered to herself as she headed for the record room.
    Anakin followed solemnly behind his master. He couldn't recall a time when he had felt so tired. It had been one thing after another, and although he had sleeping soundly no amount of rest seemed to cure him of his weariness. The padawan was positive that this summons to the council would just be one more thing to tax the energy he didn't have.

"Be strong young Padawan. It can't be that bad." Obi Wan sounded hopeful, but Anakin new better.

"We're in the middle of a war Master. It is that bad."

"You must have faith Anakin."

"There's very little of that left in me Master. Hardly any at all." He signed heavily.

"That is a shame Padawan." Obi Wan let it drop at that. Besides, they were almost inside the Council's chambers and this was no time to get into a discussion about philosophy.

"Greetings Master Kenobi, Padawan Skywalker." Mace said formerly as they arrived.

"Hello Masters." Obi Wan responded wearily. Anakin said nothing.

"We won't waste your time Obi Wan. You know the Jedi are a part of this war. We are sworn to protect the galaxy and uphold peace."

"Please Master, spare us the lecture. I mean no disrespect but I'm just not in the mood today."

Mace looked surprised, but let out a small chuckle.

"Worn out you are Master Obi Wan. Sleep you should."

"I would love too Master Yoda, but this Council calls my attention first. What is it you wish to speak with us about?"

"We have a mission for you young Jedi."

"Who could have guessed?" Anakin muttered under his breath. Mace shot him a quick glare and continued.

" You are to assume your usual positions as Senator Padmè Naberrie's bodyguards."

Padmè doesn't need bodyguards. She's perfectly capable of defending herself. Anakin noted quietly while gently rubbing his cheek.

"Very well Masters, but who may I ask is guarding the young Skywalker Alia?" Obi Wan asked innocently.
    "Does one not believe that the young Skywalker is capable of taking care of herself? Has she not proven herself a worthy opponent in the past if I'm not mistaken." A sly smile played upon the Jedi's face. "Perhaps it is Captain Daryl is the one who needs a body guard. You have heard of his recent promotion have you not?

"Of course Masters, but are you suggesting that we assign Alia to protect the young man? I fear this will not sit well with him."

Mace chuckled a bit. "Well that is something he'll have to come to terms with. Alia is just as much a Jedi hear as she is in her own time. This council does not wish to offend her."

Obi Wan nodded. "Very well then. We shall depart as soon as her Excellency does."

Once outside, "Think of that. The council has a sense of humor after all."

"But I don't think Daryl will find it as funny." Anakin answered solemnly.

Obi Wan snickered. "I have a feeling your right on that one Anakin, but lets wait to inform the good Captain of this change. I'm sure Alia will want to do it herself."

Anakin nodded and followed his master back to his quarters thinking only of his warm bed.
    Alia sat at the far table in the corner of the record room with a pile of data pads to her right. She was systematically checking them one by one, not entirely sure what she was looking for.

She was checking old holo news articles, hoping that something would catch her eye and perhaps provide some sort of clue to who this woman called Inverness really was. Angrily she tossed aside another pad. "I'm not going to find anything this way!" She yelled to know one.

The keeper of the room eye

23. LadyKenobi

Feb 27, 2001
    God my puter is screwing up tonight. Darth Double Post! AH! :eek: RUN! :p

Night!

24. LadyKenobi

Feb 27, 2001
    hum...up??? :_|

:)

25. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Great post, LadyK! :D

I loved the scene in the Council! :p [face_laugh] Yeah, maybe they DO have a sense of humor... ;)

"Worn out you are Master Obi Wan. Sleep you should." - this one made me chuckle... :D

And great to find out that Alia is beginning to resolve the mystery. :)

Very nice post there, LadyK! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.