main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Strands of Time Planning Thread SPOILERS!!!!!!-*Important Announcement*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by AngelQueen, Aug 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I think the scene where Anakin and Qui-Gon have an argument is great. :) That would suffice as an excerpt - if it's not that big, of course.

2. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Ok, everyone, here are the two excerpts that I have in mind. Mely needs them by Friday and I'd like to send them in.

Let me know if you guys agree!

Alia felt her stomach tightened, this was bad. She could sense, the Force was disagreeing with this, she had to go with him. Getting up she took his hand. ?Then I?m coming too.?

?What??

?With you, those pods are two seaters so it?ll be no problem,? Alia said. She couldn?t tell him what she sensed. She hated to admit it but someone like Daryl would never understand the Force.

?Ummm, Alia, I think it?d be bad if you come along,? Daryl said with a shake of his head. ?You?ll slow me down and something could happen.?

Alia pursed her lips and shook her head, ?No,? she said firmly. ?I?m coming and you should trust what the media say, Daryl, I?m as stubborn as they say.?

Daryl?s group hooted and cheered her own, making Daryl blush. He didn?t want a confrontation in front of the boys and finally relented. He sighed and nodded. ?Fine? you can come, but don?t you dare distract me.?

?Of course not,? Alia said with a grin. ?I wouldn?t dream about it.?

As Daryl and Alia headed down towards the arena the group of boys snickered. ?Whipped,? Bird Tattoo said with a wink towards his friend before draining the last of his drink.

?Strap on and put on the helmet,? Daryl instructed. ?This is your first time in a racer right??

?Yeah?? Alia said. She?d done scarier things then this in her past, but she couldn?t help but feel a bit nervous.

?Well the best advice I can give you is to grip onto something and make sure your grasp is really, really, really hard,? Daryl replied. ?And don?t worry, I?ve done this a million times before.?

?When was the last time you actually did this?? Alia asked.

?Ummm? three years ago,? Daryl mumbled before turning his attention towards the controls. He flicked on the switches and pulled a lever down, making the engines roar to life. Alia grimaced and turned her attention towards the lights, they were blinking a very and the other racers that were surrounding theirs started up their engines as well. The lights slowly began to descend, red? yellow? green! Daryl kicked in the ignition and Alia was thrown back into her seat with amazing force as they sped off.

Her sense of dread began to grow even more as the Force began stirring as Daryl took first place. She noted somewhat that Daryl was the cause of this Force stirring. Daryl was Force sensitive? no wonder he was able to race and survive this long. Didn?t grandpa race because of his sensitivity to the Force?

?What in blazes!?? she heard Daryl exclaimed. She turned her gaze forward and her eyes widened. Alia opened her mouth to scream.

?Holy Sith!!!?

Anakin Skywalker swerved the right at the sudden bright flash of light. Distantly he heard someone screaming, but his attention had to be turned to the other direction as the light became brighter and brighter. There was the sound of metal crushing and then everything became normal again. He turned his attention to where the light had been. Well almost everything was normal.

Where there was once nothing, had been a crashed racer, it was a design he?d never seen before, but he could recognize the structure easily. Jumping out of his racer, Anakin quickly rushed over towards the scene and pulled the passengers out; both of them were knocked out. One was a tall male, possibly the same age as he was and the other was a female, five years younger. He glanced down at the female and his face lit up with recognition.

?Alia??"

The heavy knocking on his door forced Anakin to awaken angrier than he?d been when he fell asleep. It was after days of little sleep because he was too enraged that Anakin had hoped sleep would at least calm him. Instead sleep only did the exact opposite, the dream he?d experienced was blank when he tried to bring it to mind all that was left behind was fury.

And the constant knocking on his door did not go too well with his mood. Anakin won

3. LadyKenobi

LadyKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2001
    Hey girls, sorry I havn't been on lately. My friend, the one that was in the hospital passed on two weeks ago. I havn't felt much like being on line, but life goes on. So time to come back to somthing we both used to love. :)

That's great news about CoF being nominated. It's not time for the fanfic awards again is it? I probably should scan and take a look or somthing. The excepts sound great. Hard to choose, at first I thought maybe we should do one when Alia was having the dreams with Qui-Gon, but after reading those two. Excellent.

Anyways, has there been a post or somthing? I'll go check. MTFBWU.

4. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Hey LadyK! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend! I hope you're doing okay now! It's always hard to lose someone you care about. Believe me, I know.

Sadly, there hasn't been a post in a long while. JA is up, but she hasn't been around recently. I've PMed her and she received it, but there was no reply. So I don't know what is going on.

AQ

5. LadyKenobi

Feb 27, 2001
    Thanks AQ. I am doing better I suppose. I just know she wouldn't want me to stop enjoying my life. I miss her though. But yeah. that's enough depressing things.

I think a little dusting is in order. This place is starting to look like an abandon building. I know DRL has claimed all of us, but school should be ending soon for must of us souldn't it? I'm graduating on June 13th. *shudders* Scary thought actually. So maybe during the summer we will all have more time. I hope so anyways. This story is too good to let die. :(

Anyways, JA might be swamped. I can't ever remember where we left off. Perhaps a refresher and some future ideas to get us going. I mean, how could we not be inspired after seeing EP II right? I assume you all saw it. ;)

All I have to say, is I still have claim to Obi Wan, beard and all. :p [face_love]

So I hope you are all having a great time just enjoying things. :)

Laters.

6. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    ::AQ hugs LadyK::

Yeah, I'm lucky. I'm already out for the summer! As far as I know, JA is still swamped by DRL. Neither Am or I have heard from her in a while. From what Am has told me, DRL is finally letting up on Mar.

And you're right, LadyK, this place is looking rather shabby. Soooooo... Lets clean! Make it look nice again!

::AQ yanks her hair up and puts on her lucky bandana, grabs her cleaning supplies, and proceeds to start wiping off who knows how much dust::

ACHOO! :D

AQ

7. LadyKenobi

Feb 27, 2001
    Bless you. *hands AQ a hankie*

When was the last time someone PM JA? just curious. I was thinking I'd PM her, give her a hey what's up. She may very well, sad to say, but lost interest in SW as I've seen a lot of people do. My fanatasicim was wainning a bit there while waiting for EP II.

I have a question though, a little while ago someone sent me an email that was titled "strands of time authors." and I can't remember who it was from. I accidently deleted it before reading it. :( For some reason this just popped into my mind and I was curious if any of you had recieved somthing of the same type. *shrugs*

Walks over to desk and pushes months of dust off. Takes out pictures of Obi Wan with brand new beard and sets them by her computer. I'm ready. ;)

8. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    ::AQ looks up from her cleaning. She has dust all over her cheeks, her clothes are filthy, but she's smiling::

You're back! Yay! Thanks for the tissue! This place is finally starting to clean up! I've found the old bubblegum bombs and refilled them, just in case!

I even found a bunch of old stand ups! ::AQ points proudly at the cardboard stand ups of Luke, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Daryl. There is even one of Obi-Wan with a beard::

I got a hold of that one when I took a break! Just for you, LadyK!

Now, that email you were talking about. I think I have an idea on who it came from. Let me just go find her email addy... ::AQ runs to her corner, which she hasn't even touched yet, and fights her way throught the cobwebs to the computer...::

Ah hah! Found it! It_Ketch09@hotmail.com It_Ketch has an archive called Whispers of the Force. It's Sabe/Obi, but she liked SoT and since it has some Sabe/Obi in it, she requested to put ToT up at the archive. She said she'd bee asking for permission from each of us. That might have been her, LadyK.

Well, I think I'll add a few things to my place!

::AQ places some action pics of Anakin, some publicity photos of Hayden, and even one or two of Harrision Ford on her desk. She grins, knowing that Am will know the significance of HF's pics::

AQ

9. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    ::sneaks in, head bowed::

Hey guys... I'm so sorry I haven't been around lately. :(

My exams period just started and I'm very busy (plus I have my modding duties and such). To the top of things, I may have found a boyfriend... [face_blush] Well, we're not going out together officially, and we still have to clear up some things between us, but went on two dates and I really like him. So I dunno how it will go. Hopefully well... [face_blush] :p :D But I really found the perfect time for starting a relationship when my exams period just starts... [face_plain] :p

Well, if JA goes now (or whoever else), I think I could go next - if it's not that soon. :) Good luck, everyone! :)

10. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    ::AQ, still covered in dirt and dust, squeals in delight and hugs Mar tightly::

Uh... oops? [face_blush] heehee! :D

So, you found a guy you like, Mar? Good for you! I wish I had your luck. The guy I've liked for the past two years (and known for a good part of my life) is going off to college here soon. :_|

Hopefully, JA will come back soon and we can get rolling again. I PMed her a week or two ago, and I know she received it, but she never replied.

LadyK, if you want to PM her, go right ahead!

Again, Mar, MTFBWY on your new guy! ::AQ smiles evilly::

Oh! In other news, I've posted two new stories! One a songfic, I Would Have Loved You Anyway, and a new Lukie/Mara story that takes place after VotF and before the evil Vector Prime!! ::AQ grabs Vector Prime and chops it in half with her lightsaber::

Grrr! :mad: [face_devil] :mad: As you can see, I do not like that book!

Toodles!

AQ

P.S. I'm so glad you guys came back! Things were getting lonely! [face_love] [face_love] :) :)

11. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Uh, guys, since JA seems to have disappeared on us, perhaps someone else should write the next post. It's been almost two months since the last update. We should get on the ball.

Who would like to go next? Am? Mar? If neither of you are able to do it, I could. But since you guys are the ones that are in line first, I thought I'd ask you.

AQ

12. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    AAACK!!!! I'm SOOOOO SORRY for disappearing on you guys. I've just been so busy these past few weeks and I'm gonna be busy for most of this week and the next that I haven't been able to go back onto the JC. I got your message AQ but I never got a chance to reply! Sorry!!

Anyway I'm afraid I can't write a post unless you guys care to wait a couple of more weeks for it because I'm stuck behind a desk with my text books and with a waitressing job. [face_plain]

13. LadyKenobi

Feb 27, 2001
    HEY JADE! Glad to see you back. :)

DRL's a real jerk. :mad: Sounds like you've been busy. Know the feeling. Holding down two jobs and trying to graduate isn't fun. :( but today was my official 'last day'. (Now it's all about Senior BBQ's and stuff) So no worries about not being able to post. Things happen. :)

But I do have a question...what's next to post? We need a serious update I think. I'll go back through the PT later tonight after work and see what's up. Maybe that will help.

Laters!

14. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Well, it would be either Am or Mar who would go next, but if they're unable to, then I guess I could go.

But what was supposed to happen next? ?[face_plain] I think Alia was supposed to secretly continue her research on anything that connected Vernice and Palpatine, but I can't quite remember what everyone else was supposed to be doing.

AQ

15. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Since I'm way too busy with my exam, I can't go now... :( Sorry. DRL sucks, that's no news...

Anyways, if you want to go, AQ, do ahead. Anything's fine with me. :)

16. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    I guess I could do it. Now I just have to go back a few pages and see what else is up. :)

AQ

17. LadyKenobi

Feb 27, 2001
    Hey AQ. I went back a few pages and found where you said this:

Maybe when Alia tells him that she's become his bodyguard should be right before they leave. Say, Pad and Daryl are waiting for the Jedi protection they've been promised on the platform where their ship is waiting. Then Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Alia show up and Obi-Wan tells Pad that he and Anakin are her bodyguards.

Pad could ask something like, "Who is supposed to guard Daryl?"

Alia could look right at Daryl and just grin. He'll catch on and be like, "Oh, H*LL NO! I DON'T *THINK* SO!"

Sorry, thought the Diolouge was cute. :) Anyways, I think I was the last one to post...god that was a long time ago. And so Daryl still needs to know Alia's his body gurad, and we need to get everybody into position to fight. We were also going to lnclude Sabe I think, since we sort of made her dissapear. *shrug* that's about all I remember so, hope that helps a little. :)

Laters!

18. LadyKenobi

Feb 27, 2001
    AH! Mas Posts!

19. LadyKenobi

Feb 27, 2001
    Hey AQ. I went back a few pages and found where you said this:

Maybe when Alia tells him that she's become his bodyguard should be right before they leave. Say, Pad and Daryl are waiting for the Jedi protection they've been promised on the platform where their ship is waiting. Then Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Alia show up and Obi-Wan tells Pad that he and Anakin are her bodyguards.

Pad could ask something like, "Who is supposed to guard Daryl?"

Alia could look right at Daryl and just grin. He'll catch on and be like, "Oh, H*LL NO! I DON'T *THINK* SO!"

Sorry, thought the Diolouge was cute. :) Anyways, I think I was the last one to post...god that was a long time ago. And so Daryl still needs to know Alia's his body gurad, and we need to get everybody into position to fight. We were also going to lnclude Sabe I think, since we sort of made her dissapear. *shrug* that's about all I remember so, hope that helps a little. :)

Laters!

20. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Let's see, I have Sabe arriving and a small Sabe/Obi discussion, then I have Alia doing more research and Obi-Wan attempting to find out what she's doing. I even put in a lil' A/A angst in there. Not much, just a little. I even mentioned that Alia hasn't told Daryl yet.

Would anyone here like to beta the post for me? We could toss it around and get the kinks out of it b/f I post it.

AQ

21. LadyKenobi

Feb 27, 2001
    I'll help you out AQ. ;) The next few days aren't too busy for me, so feel free to PM if you like. :)

Laters!

22. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    The post hath been posted! ;) Enjoy everyone!

AQ

23. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Now that we're back in business, who would like to go next?

AQ

24. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Whew, back! Got through the first day of exam week alright! :D

I think I could start writing again next week, that really depends that when I become a full time waitress, I don't get so pooped up when I come home that I won't even want to write. Grimaces at the thought

I'm really sorry for dumping this on you AQ!!! I'll do the next one, I swear!

Bows before the all generous, all wonderful, all nice, all beautiful, all creative, all around great friend, AngelQueen... and decides to bow to the rest of the writers so they won't feel left out too

:)

25. LadyKenobi

Feb 27, 2001
    AQ, that was a great post, but you already knew that. ;)

So Jade you'll be going next? Cool. :) Good luck with the work and everything. It's hard, but it's also what life's all about.

I GRADUATE TODAY! :D No, I'm not excited. not at all. I've just beeing dying to get out of highschool for 4 years! :p So my summer offically starts at 5:00pm today, so I'll be able to post anytime.

AQ and I had this idea that we should do a flashback to the Mara and Luke and the rest. I mean, if the past is getting messed up by Inverness, then the future would be being effected as well. Does Back to the Future ring a bell? So I was thinking that if Ani and Pad were fighting, then we should maybe flash back to them in the future fighting for no appearent reason. And just some general concern for Alia. Maybe a little scene with Ben asking about his sister. I don't know. Just a thought. What's you guys think? :)

Anyways, Gotta go get ready.

Laters! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.