Rocky M, NC Strange News in America

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    Bank Under Construction Sees Robbery Bid

Sat Nov 6,10:29 PM ET - AP
    KENNESAW, Ga. - There is little money to be gained from attempting to rob a bank that is still under construction, police say a Marietta man learned on Wednesday.

Michael Donald Marshall, 39, entered the Bank of America and demanded $500 from the tellers while threatening that he had a gun, according to the Kennesaw Police Department.

The employees then told him the bank wasn't open for business and there was no money. Kennesaw Police arrived as Marshall exited the building empty-handed, officers said.

The suspect is charged with armed robbery. During their investigation, police also learned that Marshall had an outstanding warrant for shoplifting in Cobb, Kennesaw Police spokesman officer Scott Luther said.
    Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
  2. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    Parishioners Lock Church to Back Gun-Toting Priest

Mon Nov 8, 8:27 AM ET - Reuters
    MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Angry parishioners chained shut a church in central Mexico on Friday in protest at the firing of their priest, whose habit of tucking a gun under his robes has earned him fame and the nickname "Padre Pistolas."

Hundreds of people from the town of Chucandiro demonstrated outside the cathedral in the city of Morelia after Catholic church leaders there defrocked their gunslinging priest, Alfredo Gallegos, local media reported.

"We have closed the church with chains and that's how it will stay until Father Alfredo comes back," protester Gilberto Moron was quoting as saying, adding that locals would accept no other priest.

Gallegos is wildly popular with parishioners but has angered his Catholic superiors with his habit of wearing a shiny pistol beneath his robes, despite strict laws in Mexico banning private citizens from carrying guns.

Also known for his love of cowboy boots and country music, Gallegos says he only carries a gun for protection, noting several of his friends have been killed over the years.

Locals say he has brought them huge social benefits, helping the marginalized and raising money for roads and hospital projects. "He has united us as a people," said Moron.

Church leaders gave no reason for sacking the priest.
    Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  3. Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Master

star 4
    ROFLMFAO~!~! that is funny as hell dude :eek:
  4. Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Master

star 4
    all hail padre pistola /bow
  5. Sol_Badguy Jedi Knight

star 2
    LIO
    Good stuff man.
    Via con Dios
  6. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    This is not an American story, but check this out...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6396422/
  7. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    Lol... I wonder who talked him into that?

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  8. Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Master

star 4
    OMG i want to know what he was on, and where i can get some~!~! not really, do wonder what he was on though hehe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.