main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

strange parallels between AOTC and

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by admiral jimmy, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. admiral jimmy

admiral jimmy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 14, 1999
    1. Terrorists (Jango,Zam,..) attack peaceful citizens
    2. charmismatic terrorist leader (Dooku/BinLaden) hides on desert planet with people outside the Republic/UNO.
    3. Leader of the free world aks for special powers to fight the terrorists
    4. Good Guys get unexpected help (Nothern Alliance/Clones)
    5. Good Guys arrive there (Geonosis looks to me much like Afghanistan) and beat the "hosts" of terrorism.
    6. terrorist leader gets away.

2. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    I do see your point, it seems like a little case of life imitating art, but the first draft of AOTC was written way before any of this War on Terrorism business started up.

3. DarthWaiter

DarthWaiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2001
    1) you
    2) active imagination
    3) interesting topic
    4) too good to be true

4. admiral jimmy

admiral jimmy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 14, 1999
    Yeah that´s why I called it "strange parrallels..."
    But CG work was done in the last few months (okay the concept art was done years before but...).

A point I forgot:

Guys who help terrorist leader execute people in (sports) arena.

5. jiabaoyu

jiabaoyu Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 2000
    Too bad in real life there are no lightsabers. ;)

6. Khanus

Khanus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002
    So, George Bush is Palpatine who becomes the most evil man in the galaxy? Well, you said it.....

7. jiabaoyu

jiabaoyu Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 2000
    So, George Bush is Palpatine who becomes the most evil man in the galaxy?

[face_laugh]

Bush is actually a Sith in disguise whose ultimate goal is take over the world!!

8. Khanus

Apr 11, 2002
    Yup, it's official...Lucas sees the future!!!!

9. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    i know he sees the future. please dont be scared about this. i know this will be creepy and shocking to some. but please bear with me. since i am a predictor myself. here are the revelations.

these are from episode 1. before the new york attack.

1.tattoine=afghanistan.

they look very similar. guys in robes walking around. poor. slaves. sand everywhere. rocky.

2. coruscant=new york

a city planet. high rises. rich people
    taxi cabs. etc.

3. world trade center= trade federation

no need to explain that.

4. ship crashes into trade federation ship= planes crash into the world trade center.

5. aotc=wtc

6. america strikes back=the empire strikes back.

more to come.

10. Mason

Mason Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2002
    :rolls eyes:

You have GOT to be kidding me. Let's read whatever we want into this, shall we?

Some of those 'parallels' are a big time stretch. I hope this thread was posted with tongue firmly in cheek.

11. HBMC_Kloon

HBMC_Kloon Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    This will get worse.

Next, Mr. Lucas will be anti-muslim because he has Tusken women (who cover themselves completely) being killed.

Please......

BYE

12. homeless_jedi

Feb 16, 2002
    mason i am not kiddin about this. i have done tons of reasearch on this. is it a coincidence that tattoine looks so much like afghanistan and coruscant a lot like new york? no its not.

what happens to the trade federation ship? it splits in two. and ships crash into it. george tried to warn us. but we couldnt see it. now with attack of the clones there is more prophesies that are being unveiled. the clones primarily. also ther is a terrorist attack at the beggining of episode 2. and that was filmed before sep 11.

13. HBMC_Kloon

HBMC_Kloon Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    You should change your name to:

Homeless, Paranoid, Psyco Jedi!

I'm guessing the first Spidey trailer was trying to tell us something as well huh?

BYE

14. jinky32

jinky32 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2002
    How odd! I would have had US down as much more the Empire figure from the OT.

A huge corrupt Empire branding freedom fighters all over the world as terrorists.

An evil leadership concerned about two things only, money and power.

A brainwashed force unable (incapable?) to see the evil of their actions.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying perpetrators of `terrorist' acts are hero's. Just pointing out that we can't make such clear cut distictions between good a evil as there are in Holywood films.

15. Mason

Mason Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2002
    Homeless, so you are saying that Lucas was thinking Afghanistan in '77 when he filmed ANH? ..and again when he made the 'special editions' and included Coruscant in the celebration at the end of RotJ? Not to mention the fact that TPM was filmed, what, 2 1/5 YEARS before the WTC attack? Like I said, look hard enough and you can find whatever you want, most of the time.

I don't doubt your sicerity or research is in earnest, I just think it's inappropriately aimed.

16. homeless_jedi

Feb 16, 2002
    i have done research on this for 5 yrs. mason. i just dont like to talk about it. and yes. if you look at tattoine it has a middle east feel to it. you tell me what it looks like? small stone houses. sandstorms. look at the phantom menace. at the people walking around in there. some of the extras look arab. star wars was filmed very close to the middle east. please tell me im just an insane educated reseacher please!

17. Khanus

Apr 11, 2002
    Woah, I'm out of it for a little while and everyone has delusions of grandeur...geez!!!Lucas can not see the future...like Mason said if you really want to you can see political allegories anywhere...Ewoks vs the Empire? Must be 'Nam....Tatooine? Gotta be the Middle East and the Jedi's must be prophets who have primarilly come from the Middle East...and of course Jabba is just Harry Knowles!!!!

18. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    Date Posted: 3:45am Subject: strange parallels between AOTC and "war against terror"
    1. Terrorists (Jango,Zam,..) attack peaceful citizens
    Erm, when did they attack peaceful citizens? And they are BOUNTY HUNTERS, not terrorists.
    2. charmismatic terrorist leader (Dooku/BinLaden) hides on desert planet with people outside the Republic/UNO.
    Note, Dooku was a good guy. Oh and you mean that the leaders of an enemy nation is charismatic and hiding from the other side?
    3. Leader of the free world aks for special powers to fight the terrorists
    Wow. Never ever happened before in history.
    4. Good Guys get unexpected help (Nothern Alliance/Clones)
    Erm... what? Why is this any different than any other story ever?
    5. Good Guys arrive there (Geonosis looks to me much like Afghanistan) and beat the "hosts" of terrorism.
    Wow like a climactic battle? Ever heard of one of those before? No... that hasnt ever happeneed in any sci/fi fantasy movie or book...
    6. terrorist leader gets away.
    A bad guy getting away? NO!

Frankly this has no direct link to terrorism other than there being 'good' guys and 'bad' guys.

Edit: You know, Tatooine was conceived before the war on terrorism... like in 1977 there was this movie called STAR WARS...

19. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Yeah the script for Episode 2 was written years ago.

20. os2Kenobi

os2Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 1999
    the prequels so far seem to have a very anti-imperialist theme to them.. I can see how some would call them un-american.

you have palpatine being granted emergency powers to squash the separatists.

the line between separatist and terrorist can be thin at times, depending on your political perspective.

in the US we have had some of our civil rights go out the window in the name of combating terrorism. we are trading some of our rights in exchange for safety. GL sees the danger in this trade, and its a point that people should be aware of in any democracy.

21. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    y'know something?

Tatooine looks alot more like Africa that it does Afghanistan, wanna know why? Cause it is in Africa.

Now if you can just change up your theory to compare how AOtC is like terrorists in Africa, you might be onto something. Africans bombed a US Embassy killing many important political figures, Tuskens are like wild african tribesmen, etc.

22. Khanus

Apr 11, 2002
    Tuskens are wild African tribesmen? That is such an awful statement, it's untrue! So, what, are the Imperials in the OT, Israelis 'cos they took away someone's rightful land and imposed their laws on them?

Or is the Emperor, Bush?...Nah, the Emperor is much too clever for THAT comparison

23. os2Kenobi

Jun 14, 1999
    Africans bombed a US Embassy killing many important political figures, Tuskens are like wild african tribesmen, etc.

"wild african tribesmen" didn't bomb the us embassy. the bombers were members of Al'Queda.

Important political figures? 224 people died in those two bombings, but I guess only the few important political people mattered.

24. Emperor_Darksoul

Emperor_Darksoul Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    Perhaps Osama Bin Ladin is a big Star Wars fan, and derived many ideas from George Lucas (by the way, I fail to see how Bin Ladin is charming and charismatic. He is a faceless coward who drastically underestimated the enemy...which suggests he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.)

Or, perhaps, you couldn't find anything else to write about.

25. os2Kenobi

Jun 14, 1999
    I wouldn't go so far as calling him a coward. If he was a coward he'd forget about his beliefs and ideals and retire to some island nation sitting on the beach all day. I'm sure in his mind he is fighting the good fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.