main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

strange parallels between AOTC and

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by admiral jimmy, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Well - how about this (as pertains to AOTC).. can't claim credit for the words but I wonder whether Lucas had this at the back of his mind when composing the prequels (or THX 1138 for that matter..)

"Despotism has forever had a powerful hold upon the world. Autocratic government, not self-government, has been the prevailing state of mankind. The record of past history is the record, not of the success of republics, but of their failure."

Calvin Coolidge

2. Radovan_Karadzic

Radovan_Karadzic Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
  3. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I always found it strange how quickly the stories of your gov'ts having information about the attacks before they happened got spiked in the media. Your vaunted security agencies must have known something. It's not that hard to imagine a Bush turning a blind eye or ear to information like that. It was a war that stabilized his daddy's presidency, it should for him as well.

:mad:

Listen, I have family that works for the security agencies, and I can tell you right now, that there was NO WAY to prevent 9/11. People always point out the 1 peice of evidence that may have, may have given a warning. But do you know how much info the CIA, FBI, and NSA get an hour? Millions of pieces of info.

You try sorting through that after a decade of budget cuts!

Also, the thought that Bush is using this crisis to gain more power goes beyond rediculous, and enters obscene! People whine that our civil rights are being violated. No one moreso that the ACLU. Off topic: The ACLU is currently defending NAMBLA on grounds of 1st Amendment protection. NAMBLA, The North American Man-Boy Love Association, are advocates of pedophilia, and even gives tips on how to seduce young boys. Anyway, they whine that the FBI can tap anyones phone at will. This is false. They still need a court order to bug a mans house. And the CIA, contrary to what you see on TV, does not conduct Ops in the United Staes. You wanna know why? By law, they are forbidden from doing so.

Don't try to push this $*** around here, it disgusts me. :mad:

4. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    The reason there are parallells is because this sort of thing has been happening to man kind over and over again.

When Lucas finishes SW, he mentioned wanting to do a TV mini series about the Roman Empire, just to sort of refresh the mainstream about what led to their downfall.

He says many of the things that happened to the Romans are now happening to the current society.

Is Bush manipulating the events to secure himself more power? Who knows for sure? I know I don't. I have a policy of not worrying about things I can't prove, but it isn't completly out of the realm of possibility is it? Any man can become corrupted. The potential resides within each one of us.

5. Aprentize

Aprentize Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    stupidest.thread.ever.

homeless_jedi i used to have some respect for you... dont ask me why... but geesh

6. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Thank you Jansens for putting some sense into this pathetic thread.

7. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    Maybe if the Separatists had committed a major terrorist attack against the Republic and Count Dooku was a fanatical Bin Laden type then you could argue there were paralells. That actually might have made for a more interesting plot, but probably would have hit too close to home, even if the similarities were unintentional.

8. Senator_Bail_Organa

Senator_Bail_Organa Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2002
    I think admiral jimmy and all you people are doing a little too much thinking and seeing something thats not there.

9. Senator_Bail_Organa

Aug 9, 2002
  10. DarthHomer

Apr 29, 2000
    so why are you upping a topic about something that's not there? :)

11. Senator_Bail_Organa

Aug 9, 2002
    Because I don't want to hear from people like you.

12. DarthHomer

Apr 29, 2000
    oh, that's nice

13. Senator_Bail_Organa

Aug 9, 2002
    I said I don't want to hear from you, HomerVader!

14. DarthHomer

Apr 29, 2000
    I cried when you got blown up on Alderaan :p

15. Emi-Yan_Tetu

Emi-Yan_Tetu Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2001
    Only thing I've learned from this thread is that most of the people on these boards are actually total @$$holes...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.