main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stranger in a Strange Land 06 - Year One - Update 12/09 - COMPLETE!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Whiskey in the Jar-Jar, Aug 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    Night owl reporting!!

That was a very interesting post. It seems so bittersweet. It's also kind of final.

But with Shon's darkness ready to claim him, I think he should be confident to ward off this threat.

Now, this is the part where I become anal ;)

Goober fish and the egg. We'll change it to the chicken and the egg for these purposes.

What came first?

That's easy. The egg. Eggs have been around in pre-historic times, dinosaur age. Chickens were not.

But if you're talking about a chicken egg, then then chicken came first, then the chicken egg. Because you can't have a chicken egg without the chicken.

:D

Party pooper mode over ;)

2. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Not the last post! That'll mean it's over! :_| Oh! But that will also mean another one, right Whiskey? ;) :)

I certainly hope that Shon makes that presence in the darkness wait a long time. But I can't wait to see what's in store for the Rogues now.

Awesome post Whiskey! :) :)

3. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Does someone dip their toe in the Black Waters?

We shall see.

4. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Sweet post there, Whiskey, it was cool for the Rogue Talents to get there first glimpse of that 'larger world' as Triel put it.

Hmmmm, well that dark side thing will certianly be an interesting plot point for any future works. ;) Though I don't think Shon will be the only one in danger, the dark side knows no limits to those it tries to tempt.

Sweetness! Can't wait for that final post!

5. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    Jaxx: Picky picky picky...geez, you should become an accountant or a lawyer :p

Mouse: Don't worry, there's plenty of stories left for this little group of mine. [face_devil]

Casper: Shon's character has really evolved since I first started writing him. Of course, I knew of his connection to Corvain and all, but the thought of him constantly battling the Dark Side in his thoughts never really took off until the sabre fight with Marik. I'm hoping to develop it later on as the overall story progresses, and I also hope that with each new story, I can add even a fraction of the depth you and others put into your works.

Rok: Shon's internal conflict will certainly make for some interesting writing int the future. Still not sure which way he'll go though. We'll see.

Well folks, all good things must come to an end, so what's this one's excuse? :p Just kidding. This is the last post of 'Year One' and a final end to a story that took me over a year to write.

I want to thank all of you who've read and posted, as well as those who read and said nothing. This marks the 6th story I've posted to the boards and your continued feedback is what fuels me to continue.

Until Part 7 (I'm switching to parts instead of chapters) begins, I'm planning to post little teaser tidbits here for your reading enjoyment so stay tuned.

And now...

----------------------------------------------

Telona ? 4th Month

?Landing control, this is Republic Shuttle Deliverance, requesting landing permission.?

?One moment, Deliverance?permission granted. Please follow your present course. Landing beacon 3-7 has been activated for you. Acknowledge and activate ILS at 1-5-0 kilometres.?

?Copy, control. We?re starting our approach and our ETA is 30 minutes?mark.?

?Acknowledged. Control out.?

Like it had a year before, the Republic shuttle Deliverance touched down on the tarmac well inside the pilot?s ETA. The moment it did, four of Theed?s finest, Sergeant Hakon included, fanned out around the shuttle just in time for the gangplank to begin lowering.

Like a year before, the passengers began to slowly proceed down the ramp to the tarmac, again bound by chains and garbed in the dull grey fatigues of prisoners. Like a year before, the Elite Guard soon followed, led by the same Bothan commander that had delivered Naboo?s first group of Force sensitive sentients.

One of the passengers, a young Togorian male of maybe 9 or 10 years, hesitated as his eyes adjusted to the sunlight. He?s spent the majority of the voyage asleep and, since the guards kept the prisoner area relatively dark, his sensitive eyesight reacted violently to the Theed sunlight.

?Keep moving, scum!? bellowed one of the Elite Guardsmen, planting the butt of his rifle between the young boy?s shoulder blades. The Togorian went down hard, much to the amusement of the other Republic guards. The Bothan commander?s booming laugh was easily the loudest amongst his peers.

?Get up!? ordered the guard. He moved to kick the poor Togorian as he was struggling to his knees, a sure sign that he hadn?t eaten in days. However, the guard?s boot never came close to kicking him, for at that moment a series of clicks and the faint whine of several blasters powering up stopped him.

?Back it off!? barked Milos, his hands unwavering as they trained his weapon on the guard. ?Mister, you plant that foot on the ground now, or I swear I?ll shoot it off.?

The guard looked to the Bothan, who merely shrugged his shoulders in reply. With a smirk the guard reared his foot up again, intent on making good his threat to the Togorian.

A single shot rang through the air. One scarlet bolt arced towards the guard?s foot, impacting on, of all places, the heel of the boot, obliterating it but not injuring the foot at all. Still, it was enough of a shock to send the guard down on his butt, screaming wildly as he tried to remove the smoking piece of apparel.

?How dare you!? bellowed th

6. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Apr 17, 2000
    Time for the morning UUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!

7. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Such a touching post... it made my eyes well up a bit, to be honest.

Whiskey, STUNNING post! :D

STUNNING story.

This one was AMAZING. Of all parts you've written, Year One has to be the best one of them all. And from what I've heard about the next part, you just may top this one.

I'm noticing a trend here... each of your stories progressively get better and better, and, well, YOU'RE NOT SLOWING DOWN.

I've read a few writers who've gotten better and better for a bit, then STOP. And their quality remains the same.

You just keep getting better at a steady pace, and I commend you for that.

---------

As for the Togorian... it would be cool to see if he turns out to be Kitty's successor... or maybe Kitty's apprentice [face_devil]

That would be super duper cool :D

Two kitties, side by side... [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]

8. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Let me be the first to say...........Hello Kitty. [face_laugh]

That was a good story, with a ending that suggest BOTH something new acoming and The End of the whole tale (not just the story). Kind like a 'Happily Ever After'.

Let's hope the machine doesn't stop. And yes character development is not a curse. ;)

FORWARD! UPWARD! AND ONWARD!!!!!!!!

9. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Schweet!! :D

Nice way to bring everything around full circle, Whiskey. I gotta feeling that those Elite guards are going to be seeing some Elite guard duty on the cold side of Hoth. :p

And it's cool to see that the Rogues have gotten integrated into the Jedi structure. Indeed it will be a new Era for the Jedi. And a change for the better methinks.

Wow, I look back at when this thing started, and for sure the story has come a long way. So it kinda begs the questions...

...how long do we have to wait for part 7? :D

10. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    41 more posts until 800!

Let's do it!! :D

11. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Fantastic Whiskey!

I'm sad to see this end, but that post made me look quite forward to the next part. I certainly hope it's soon! :)

12. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
  13. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
  14. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Apr 17, 2000
    Wow...

I'm...speechless at the feedback everyone. It really does my heart good to see that my humble writings have drawn an audience.

Thank you all so much for sticking with 'Stranger' and helping me along. You'd be amazed what feedback can do to the creative process.

I just wanted to announce that Rokangus has, once again, shown me just how damned FINE he is as an artist by creating the symbol that graces the floor of The Shroud's arena.

Check it out

Thanks again, Rok, and thanks again to everyone for taking the time to read and reply.

Trailer for 'Part 7 - Our Time Has Come' coming soon :D

15. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Year one has reached its end and now a new year must begin. Excellent ending to an excellent story!

And hey all! Remember me? [face_blush] Sorry I haven't been around much. Life has been busy, but I simply had to take the time to catch up when I saw "Year One" was finished! Though I'm not on much, I AM still lurking around occasionally, and I WILL catch up some day! :)

Take care all!

~Di-Lee

16. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Yeah, come on, Di-lee, move your lazy butt 8-}

17. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Your quite welcome, Whiskey. As I told you I private, making the logo was a true pleasure. :D

And for anyone else out there who wants, my offer to do art for them still stands. Character drawings, or symbols like I did for Whiskey; I'll give it my best shot.

<end shameless plug> :p

And on a more important note:

DDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!! :D :D

Yay! You didn't take a retirement from the boards after all! Don't let DRL keep you down too much, we miss your company terribly around here!

18. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Yeah we do. You're the lovable mommy from Texas who's as smart as a whip and a loyal reader. :)

19. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Rok, the logo is amazing! I am quite impressed, along with being quite jealous of your talent! I hope to see more of your work!

Welcome back Di! It's nice not being the only girl here. ;)

Anxiously waiting on part 7 Whiskey! Then again like I'm one to talk about getting posts up. :)

20. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Thanks for the warm welcome back, folks! It's so nice to know I was missed. :) I really miss being here, too. I haven't retired, though, and won't so long as you all keep writing. I've just been busy with the kids' school and getting reacquainted with Tolkien's works. :D

Mouse, yes we girls must stick together in these male dominated threads! I just can't understand why more ladies aren't attracted to this wonderful kitty Whiskey writes for us!

21. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    I know, I know what it is, I know why there isn't a lot of women here: no Dizzy Arnes! He's a sexy beast! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

22. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Apr 17, 2000
    WAHOOOO! SHE'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! :D :D :D :D

Welcome back, Di. Man, you had me worried for a while there. But, when I started seeing that 2-second notification that you were online (you know, right before you shut it down ;) ) I knew that you were back.

Funny you should mention girls sticking together. My first 'Stranger' reader was Djuva. She helped to keep 'Arrival' going at the start but she kinda disappeared after a while <shrug> Oh well.

But hey, as far as fans go I'm just glad to see so many hardcore ones now, because it gives me incentive to continuously challenge myself and improve. :)

And if Djuva's lurking...I'M ON PAGE 36! <blub ><blub><blub>

EDIT: Yeah, I'll admit I don't have the Sullistan Smoothie around here, but hey, there's a hunka-hunka Gungan love poking around ;)

Uh...did that sound as bad as I thought? <shakes head>

23. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    I think, Whiskey, that there are no females because they caught you on Nature's Platform at 4AM ;)

24. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Apr 17, 2000
    <Grabs sledgehammer from table>

<WHACK!>

ENOUGH WITH THE PLATFORM ALREADY! IT'S EVILLLLLLLLLL! OH! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

GIVE IT TO MARTHA STEWART AND SHE IF SHE LIKES IT! OH! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Thanks, Jaxx...now I'm just too ticked off to post now :p _|__

<hic>

25. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Hey don't blame me... I'm a public service provider ;)

(for those of you who have no idea what we're talking about with Nature's Platform, check out my thread... it should be on the latest page)

EDIT: I should mention that the link is in my sig :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.