Stranger in a Strange Land - Part 7 - Our Time Has Come - UPDATE 5/2 - Chapter 16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Whiskey in the Jar-Jar, Dec 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
  2. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
  3. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Master

star 4
  4. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    So, at long last, I'm back. DRL basically kicked the crap outta me this past looooooooong time.

Things have calmed down a fair bit now, mainly thanks to installing Linux on my home PC, which has finally solved my overheating CPU problem. Word to the wise: Windows 2000 + Hyperthreading P4 = expensive toaster.

I've also gotten far enough ahead on my writing that I can start posting again (yay), so thank you to all you loyal lurkers out there...all 3 of you :p

So...without further ado...let Chapter 18 begin...

Chapter 18 ? Family Reunion

?Keep moving, Jedi,? said the trooper, nudging Shon yet again with the butt of his rifle. The rogue talent flinched but said nothing. Normally such an action would have prompted a smart-aleck comment from him, but the presence of this trooper, three others, two of which were carrying ysalamiri nutrient frames on their backs, and his brother made him seriously reconsider any action at this moment.

His mind raced with memories of the past few hours. Upon that one Dark Trooper removing its helmet and revealing the person within the armour, he and the others had all been stunned and subsequently placed in holding cells, one person per cell. To make matters worse, ysalamiri frames had been installed into each cell, providing not only a way to block the Force, but also provide a stink that would surely begin to eat away at everyone?s resolve before long.

He?d lost track of the time after he?d been stunned, and woke up in his cell to the sound of the happily chirping ?stink worm? for a cell-mate. With a wry smile he remembered his first comment about preferring to room with Vas again rather than share such a small space with such an odorous creature. Of course, he?d been stripped of any and all weapons while unconscious. As a result he?d had a fair bit of time to come to terms with what had happened.

His emotions were mixed at best when he thought of his father and brother, both alive and here on the Prometheus. That Terin Corvain was still alive would no doubt raise Sensei?s dander a fair bit, and Grand Admiral Pellaeon would doubtless be angered as well. In Shon?s opinion, his father should have been shot while in transit from Naboo to the Chimaera, but a more humane fate had been chosen for him?one that ultimately led to this point.

The group rounded a corner and Shon saw they were approaching a sealed door. Like the rest of the ship, it was covered in the same highly polished obsidian finish, accented by a few lights embedded in its edges. Shon felt a hint of anxiety as they approached the door, wondering what kind of torture his brother had in mind for him. Having seen a few interrogations in his youth on the Roundhammer, the rogue talent knew that the Empire excelled in information extraction. He?d been present at a family gathering of the Solos one night on Naboo, and listened as Han recounted his time on Bespin, under guard from Darth Vader and Boba Fett. Though he would never publicly admit it, the rogue talent had a hard time sleeping that night, thinking about what his Master?s father went through.

The first thing that hit Shon when the door finally slid open was the smell. No, it wasn?t the odour of burning, rotting flesh, or the sharp ozone scent of electrical torture devices. Nor was it the stench of bile freshly ejected from someone?s stomach as their body succumbed to pain. No, it was the smell of Nerf?cooked Nerf?very well cooked Nerf.

Shon glanced around and saw he?d not been led to a torture chamber, but rather one of the finest dining rooms he?d ever seen. A long, coffin-shaped table graced the centre of the room, surrounded by at least a dozen chairs. The young Jedi pondered for a moment if this was to be the meeting place of the Grand Admirals under the Emperor?s countenance. It reminded him of some of the stories Master Skywalker told about the early days on Coruscant after the battle of Endor. Dark, creepy places like this were commonplace where Palpatine was concerned.

His st/>
  5. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
    First, welcome back!

Second: YES! Bring on the hell ride, Ghost Rider!!!!!!!!!! [face_devil]

Thirdly, you haven't missed a beat, Whiskey. Good posting there.

At lest Shon was lucky; he could have shared a cell with a fat Ewok with gas. ;)

Terin: Shon, my son, if you come with me, if you join my killing crew, I'll....let you steer the ship! :D

Oh brother, why is it that when people are that close to hell they think taking people down with them is going to save them? Could it be Terin knows he's monologging? At any rate, Terin and Jestro don't know what Dalen and the rest are going through and may be up to once they get over their problems.

YIPPY-SKIPPY!
  6. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the feedback. :D

Terin is one evil bastage, of that there's no doubt. Bringing Shon over to his side would be, in his eyes, a major blow against Dalan. After all, what better way to break your opponent than taking away something important to them?

Of course, he obviously ignored Jastro's story of how those members of the Council tried...and failed hard.

Now that we've seen what's going on with Shon, perhaps we should check in on someone else who's having a hard time mentally...

Why are you here?

Her eyes opened slowly into the darkness around her. Her body ached as though she?d fallen down?down from some great height. Her body painfully protested when she tried to move, but she managed to fight it down long enough to move to a seating position. She rested, giving her mind a chance to focus through the pain in her body.

Why are you here?

She looked around in the darkness, trying to find out from where that voice came. It sounded so familiar to her?as if it was someone she knew. She wondered briefly if it was that other person she?d seen earlier?the one that bade her to sleep, after which she woke up in that meadow. Oh, if only she could go back to that place again, and be rid of all this darkness. Perhaps this voice could help her get there again. Then she could search unabated for Him to come and join her in that happy, blissful place.

Why are you here? The voice was more insistent now, so this time she answered.

?I?I?ve lost my way,? she stammered. ?I?I was running in the meadow, and I fell into a pool, and?and then I was here.?

As she spoke, she realized that the voice she was hearing was very close to her own voice, both in pitch and tone. Yet, as similar as it sounded, compared to hers that distant voice sounded powerful?aggressive?almost evil by comparison. As much as she wanted it to help her, she felt goosebumps ripple over her body as she listened for a response.

In that black infinity, the voice seemed to chuckle. It wasn?t a patronizing chuckle an arrogant adult would save for a child. No, it was something far more sinister, as if the owner of that voice had become amused by her misfortune. She wrung her hands as she waited for the voice to say something?anything to help her out of this place.

My dear child?why didn?t you say so?

Suddenly, she became aware of a small change in the darkness. She peered at it and saw it was some kind of light, but it seemed so far away. She took a hesitant step toward it, praying for some word of encouragement.

Yes?that is the way back to the meadow?back to your precious paradise. Now run, child?He is waiting for you but he will not be there for long. Run like the wind?be with him?now and forever.

Her heart pounded with anticipation as she began to run. There was no build-up of speed here, just an all-out sprint through the darkness toward that light. Once through it, she would once again be in paradise. The sun would once again warm her face, and her senses would be alive with everything nature had to offer.

And now He was waiting there too?the one she?d been seeking for oh, so long?

Against all that is dark, even a point of light can shine like a thousand suns.

She stopped. The voice was both familiar and distant, as if it was being carried on the wind. She knew the voice and the phrase it spoke?it had always given her comfort, though she didn?t know why? After all, all she knew was the meadow, wasn?t it?

I told you that I would never abandon you, no matter what?

Abandon her? Who would never abandon her? It could not have been much of a promise since she was now alone.

?Who?who is there?? she called out timidly. ?Who is calling me??

Pay that voice no mind.

The original voice returned, this time seemingly agitated at something. She recoiled at the sharp tones in the voice?s words?fragments of spoken hatred that seemingly spat at the faint, hauntingly familiar whis/>
  7. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
    It looks like Fes is going to have to definately do it the hard way. It is not as easy as it looks, with no real help than remembered words of encouragement and the memory of friendly faces. This will be a test of her own self identity. The finish, however, could have a casualty.

FORWARD more, Whiskey! :D
  8. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the feedback.

True, Feslira has a major uphill battle with her darker self ahead. In fact, there'll be a lot of 'demon facing' coming up.[face_devil]

Now, let's take a look at the only active person who knows about Fes' recent escape.
    Borjin breathed deeply, wheezing through the mucus-like mess in his mouth. He spat once more, sending another bloody blob of phlegm, saliva, mucus, and bile to the floor. It splattered on the puddle of vomit beneath him. It was getting worse; the longer he spent pursuing Feslira, the harder it was getting for him to keep going.

The Chiss jabbed another stim-stick into his thigh and did a quick mental count. He had 16 left?fully half of what he?d taken judging from the number of times he?d endured re-medication.

It was almost becoming a routine for the young rogue talent. He would run as fast as his battered body would allow for a time before the synthetic adrenaline wore out and forced him to stop. He knew he was pushing himself in his pursuit of his friend, but the consequences of arriving too late were too dire. Unbeknownst to anyone else, there was a silent predator aboard the Prometheus?a predator that attacked from within.

If he didn?t stop her, they were all doomed.

His vision began to clear and his breathing returned to normal as the chemical cocktail moved through his bloodstream. Within moments he knew he would be able to continue his pursuit of Feslira, and when he caught up to her?then what?

Even at his peak, he was no real match for the Shamed One. Having been trained in the ancient Yuuzhan Vong fighting arts, as well as the modified skills from Sensei, Feslira was by far the most dangerous of all the rogue talents when it came to hand-to-hand combat. In his weakened state, the Chiss would be less effective than an insect bite on a Gundark.

Still, he had to try.

Perhaps it was a sense of honour, or maybe duty, but Borjin knew beyond all reason that he had to find her. He had to try his best and stop her. Maybe in the next life he could explain his actions and somehow be forgiven for allowing the slaughter of all his friends at the hands of his?of his?

Friend? Or was it something more?

As he finally began to move again, Borjin contemplated that last thought. From the day he?d seen her face for the first time two years ago until now, he?d felt a kind of attraction to Feslira. Of course to the other rogue talents he?d deny such a thing, but it was a futile denial. They knew full well his feelings toward her, and on some level so did she. Whether the feeling was mutual remained a real mystery to Borjin, though. They spent so much time together primarily because their Masters were husband and wife. They lived in the same apartment, dined at the same table, and sat on the same couches. With so much forced closeness, the evolution of their relationship seemed only logical.

Borjin tried to quash the thought as he moved through another corridor. Fresh blood and other fluids left staccato spray patterns on the obsidian walls. The Chiss knew that around the next bend would be yet another garish testament to Feslira?s ability and conviction. She?d been easy to track thus far; all he had to do was follow the slaughter.

Stormtroopers, robots, officers?it really didn?t matter to Feslira, it seemed. Anything that stood in her way was merely another obstacle for her to remove. He noted each time the severity of her attacks and had to conclude that she was using the amphistaff she?d brought with her rather than her lightsabre.

The notion of this made the Chiss shiver. Feslira had certainly taken the phrase ?going native? to a new and sinister level. The Imperial presence on this ship, a force that had been all but isolated from the rest of the galaxy for over a decade, had never once encountered the Yuuzhan Vong. They had been trained to deal with Rebel insurgents and dissidents, not fanatical warriors who revelled in the pain and death of others.

Borjin ran though another junction, deftly leaping o/>
  9. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
    Borjin was in 'Trainspotting' wasn't he? ;)

The poor guy has more problems than he knows what to do with them. He might not even make it to the next life the way he's pushing himself; there might not be anything left of him in spirit.
  10. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
  11. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    I'M A WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I am now a full-fledged Podcast junkie.

12. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
    The Betty Ford Center for iPodicitis is now open for business. :p
  13. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey all.

Ok, I realize I've let this thing sink a fair bit, but I haven't given up on it...just been fighting a lot with DRL and a few other things, including a HUGE case of DWB.

Things are improving, though. I've actually been writing up a small storm in an effort to stay ahead of posting. I ploughed through a major writing block just last night thanks to a new outlook on the employment front. With any luck I'll be posting the next segment up tonight.

If anyone's still out there waiting, I thank you wholeheartedly for your patience.

Oh...and GO KRAKENS!
  14. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
    FORWARD! I'm still here, and I'm glad I haven't missed anything. DRL can be a biatchi, if you known what I mean.
  15. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

After missing my last deadline (big surprise), I've got the end of Chapter 18 here for you. It was a short one, I know, but the setup'll be worth it later on.

As for my little prize winning a while ago, I've actually started recording one of them, namely the GFL's week 4 review. Hopefully Mr. Sigler will like what I've done...he doesn't say much in his emails.

Also, I should be getting the script for my 'The Story So Far' from JC Hutchins in the next day or so, which should be fun. I have to admit, recording stuff for podcasting is a lot more work than these guys make it seem. I mean with editing, re-takes, and setting up your mic so you don't sound like some kind of heavy-breathing Internet perv :p

Speaking of Podcasts, you might want to check out the Force-Cast here on TF.N. It's actually pretty cool and gives you insight into collectibles, the odd spotlight on an EU character, and Star Wars related news.

But, for now...on with the story...

Years ago, on a planet far away from this place, Lando Calrissian had listened to the screams of someone he?d considered a friend?.a friend he?d sold out to the Empire in exchange for his own life and continued prosperity as a shady businessman. He remembered with absolute clarity how Han Solo had howled in pain that day, and often wondered if under his helmet, Boba Fett had been smiling.

In spite of all they?d been through since then, fighting the Empire, the Vong, and any other force that threatened the safety of the galaxy, Lando always regretted that one transgression. Some nights, when his wife Tendra Risant was fast asleep, he would gaze out at the tranquil clouds of Bespin. There had never really been a formal apology between the two, nor had any real forgiveness taken place. Lando had always told himself that he would make amends to his friend someday?he would earn his forgiveness if it was the last thing he did.

Now, as he was lowered onto the same type of electrical contraption he?d seen on Bespin, Lando finally and fully understood what his friend had gone through.

The device probed and prodded the former smuggler, sending arcs of pain through his body. Needles loaded with nerve stimulating medication pumped their loads into his body, making sure that every cell within him was in agony. He tried to hold it in?tried to look brave in the face of his torturers, but it was too much. He screamed and howled in pain, his mind praying to any gods out there that would listen to him to end this pain.

In the few brief moments of clarity he had, Lando wondered why he was being asked no questions. Whomever had ordered this torture seemed to desire it for the torture itself, not to try and glean any information out of him. Not that there was much he could say about the Republic. After the Vong war he?d remained mostly on Bespin, earning a respectable living for he and his wife.

One thing he did notice though was the multitude of observation cameras around him, embedded in the ceiling, walls, and even on the floor. Were he not experiencing so many levels of excruciating pain he would have pondered their presence here.

His moment of curiosity was soon washed away as another wave of pain washed over his writhing body. He began to wonder if they would torture him to death. For what purpose, though?why would they simply put him through such agony if nothing was to be gained? Even Darth Vader?s methods had a purpose, namely the luring of Luke Skywalker to Bespin. He wondered if perhaps that Imperial disguised as a Dark Trooper was trying to lure Dalan to this ship via his adopted daughter?s sensitivity to the Force. He instantly grew concerned, knowing that as skilled as he was, that tiger would be no match for an entire ship?s crew.

However, with another blast of pain, Lando dropped all thoughts and curiosities, and surrendered himself once more to the scream.

Shon?s eyes slowly opened, though when they did he saw nothing before him. He blinked several />
  16. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
    DOH! I'm so sorry for not responding! Inexcusable on my part. :(

Ugh, talk about not having a good time! The heroes just seem to catch a break. Not anytime soon, I think.

Unless..........

But the feeling of hopelessness was there in the post. Good job! :)

FORWARD!
  17. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND....I'm back with a quick status report on the state of the alcoholic alien :p

Second off, the website's been completely re-designed. Check it out!
    Third...I'M PODCASTING! YAY ME!
    Fourth...The next Chapter of Stranger begins later today (once I get access to my memory card)

BUT FIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRST...some shameless plugging and a notice that on April 1st, the master of the podcast horror novel is releasing his second (and most popular) novel in print at Amazon.com. His goal is to make it the #1 bestseller on that day, and really, with a monster named 'Baby McButter,' how can you possibly go wrong?

[image=http://www3.telus.net/witjj/images/ANC-Postcard-Web-Image.gif]
    Grab the PDF version here
  18. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, no wonder: you've been busy!

I'll check these out.

FORWARD! :)
  19. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok...back to the battle...

Here's the first part of Chapter 19...a few days late, but hey, RL worked me worse than a Twi'lek party slave over the past little while.
    Chapter 19 ? Primal Screams

Tsavong Lah felt a smile twist onto his scarred face as he watched the fortress below. From this height, those around him appeared as mere insects, milling about with the chaotic precision of an ant colony. Beings moved to and fro, either fortifying the base?s defences, conducting drills or engaging in mock combat, or suffering pained torture as either punishment or reward for deeds done.

Further from the fortress proper, Lah could see ships of all configurations landing, disgorging their cargo of Yuuzhan Vong soldiers, Shamed Ones, priests, and the like. Many of the ships belonged to the Peace Brigade, and would be permitted to lift off and reach space before being destroyed by the orbiting attack cruisers. Only those of the Purity deserved the honour of knowing this planet?s location, for from here the battle for this galaxy would soon begin anew.

Before that could happen, though, one small problem remained...

The native creatures of this planet were an X-factor in Lah?s grand design for this world, and one he was not satisfied with merely leaving to chance. Throughout history, it was always the pragmatic leaders that prevailed and endured. Those who tempered the lust for conquest with patience often reaped the best rewards. To leave any controllable variable to the whimsy of Fate was akin to handing the enemy that which was needed to destroy you.

Past the landing ships...indeed far past where Lah could see, the Warmaster knew the Yammosk was growing. Even in his mind he could feel its influence pressing. His status as Warmaster kept him from falling completely under its sway, though in all his years he?d never felt anything as powerful as this one. True to the Shaper?s claim, this Yammosk was different from the others. By consuming the life energy of the flowers, it had become far greater an asset to the Purity than any that had come before it.

In spite of his strike force?s decisive victory over the native hive, Lah still felt there was more to be done. That some of the lower forms of this native life had succumbed to oblivion in the absence of their central hive intelligence, many of the more evolved specimens still clung to something, and had done so with a type of zeal matched only by the religious and fanatical. There had to be either another intelligence out there, or some other source that kept their minds so defiant...well...in the beginning, anyway.

Lah?s attention was diverted as several armoured figures blasted into the air. This event was followed by another...and another. No less than 5 scores of natives were now airborne, flying out from this fortress in all directions of the compass. They would fly until they had found the remnant of their people and deliver unto them the message implanted in each of their bodies...after which the entire scouting party would be destroyed. After all, they were simply another X-factor in the equation.

As thoughts of the impending discovery ? and final battle with ? the last of the natives wormed through Lah?s mind, he also thought about some of the raiding party?s claims...namely that the slayer of Nom Anor was among them. The presence of the Jee-dai who?d slain so many of his warriors confirmed that, again based on testimonials of those Vong liberated from Corellia. Such a revelation not only helped to galvanize the troops, but it also provided Lah with his first strike target:

Naboo...

Through numerous sources he knew that Naboo was not currently well-liked by the Republic hierarchy. That pathetic leader of theirs, Borsk Fey?lya, suffered from petty jealousy towards that little world, and would undoubtedly turn another blind eye should it be invaded once again. With their primary defender on this world, even the Jee-dai wouldn?t stand a chance before the re-energized Vong forces. Perhaps, by wearing/>
  20. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    And a bit more...

Dawn broke once again over the island, gently coaxing its inhabitants to awaken and enjoy the day. No clouds marred the ever-lightening blue of the sky, which gave it the appearance of infinity to those who watched it.

Dalan barely blinked as the last of the stars faded from view. He?d watched those very stars all night, marking their progress across the night sky. If he had slept he didn?t remember doing so?as it had been for the past six nights now. Anyone passing him by would have thought him a mere corpse, or merely someone in some catatonic state, completely detached from his body.

Alas, no one passed him by?not in six days?

After Shaylear?s ascension, Dalan had left the Hive and come here to sort things out. He?d been active for the first two days, walking about and gathering food, but on the dawn on the third day something changed. The magnitude of the situation and his solitude seemed to close in on him all at once. After that, he became content to merely sit on the beach and watch the rising and setting sun.

The Vong would come for them eventually; they?d have to. The Invid could not be left alive if this was going to be the new staging ground for the Yuuzhan Vong rebirth. Part of him hoped they would come soon and get it over with. Perhaps then his soul could finally find some measure of peace. Perhaps then he?d finally be free of this cursed existence.

He was tired?soul tired?the kind of exhaustion one feels when there?s nothing left to fight for. It was the kind of loss a lone surviving soldier felt when standing on the battlefield amongst the dead and dying, knowing he would never again see the shores of his homeland. It was akin to being cast adrift in the ocean, escaping a sinking ship in spite of having blown the enemy ship to oblivion first. There were no battles to fight for?no wars to win here. No?only his death remained now?another forgotten soldier washed away by the tides of war.

He looked to his side and saw the lightsabre he?d taken from the Hive?the very lightsabre he?d help bring to life with a proto cell a few days before. He?d planned to study the device in more detail out here until the depression took hold. Now, he merely kept it with him for some reason?perhaps to attract the attention of the oncoming Vong. Maybe then they would mistake him for one of the hated Jee-dai and end his life first. Yes?at least then he wouldn?t have to watch the last of the Invid get slaughtered, nor would his mind hear the dying screams of Shaylear as the Vong reduced her to rubble, forever snuffing out the spark of life that was once the Invid race.

Hopefully the Patrons would at least grant him that mercy?

Suddenly, his caught sight of something on the horizon. He squinted and leaned forward, trying to make out what it was. It was far too small to be an approaching ship, but it was making fairly good time. He wondered if perhaps it was some new kind of reconnaissance drone from the Vong. The closer it got, the more Dalan?s feline eyesight could focus on it?until he finally recognized its shape and gleaming white armour.

An Enforcer?

Curiosity forced the tiger to his feet, his body stiff from having sat for so long. The Enforcer was coming in fast, and judging from its trajectory it would land close to the Hive entrance at the base of the volcano. Doubtless Azar and the others would soon congregate there and for some reason he felt the need to be there too. He picked up the lightsabre and began walking briskly back to the Hive.

When he got there, sure enough a group of Enforcers were gathered around the newcomer. Whatever their silent conversation was, it all seemed to end when he arrived. As the tiger approached, he could easily make out Azar amongst the gathered Enforcers, mostly by his stance?something he?d become familiar with. ?What happened?? he asked, looking at the newcomer.

?This one has travelled from the Hated Ones? base,? replied Azar, waving an armoured hand towards the newcomer. ?He claims to have news abo/>
  21. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
    WOW! How did I miss all of this intrigue!

Great couple of posts there, Whiskey. And it appears Dalan has a new weapon....

Sorry for the lack of posting, but I see DRL has you. Or is it Canada's lack of gravity?

Remember: there is no spork. ;)
  22. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    WHOA! I STILL HAVE A READER! WOO HOO!

And not to worry, Casper...I'm not planning to float away just yet...got waaaaaaay too much stuff on my plate, what with trying to write this, work, AND my podcast projects.

But I've definitely not forgotten about this thread...just neglected it a bit as of late. So, here's a bit more gory goodness to tide y'all over...

Three coralskippers landed in a clearing near the centre of the island. They made no sound as they landed, save a loud thump, accompanied by the sound of several armoured bodies moving as one. Within moments of their touchdown, a company of sixty Yuuzhan Vong warriors had assembled on the ground, dividing up into several scouting parties. Most of them were middle-rank soldiers, judging from their armour, though a few higher-ranked ones could be seen leading them.

The assembled soldiers eventually divided up into five groups of ten, each led by a high-ranking Vong warrior. Their heavier armour seemed almost garish in comparison to the armour worn by the others. Still, they had earned the right to wear such vestments through deeds of battle, and all were experienced killers as a result. The others in the groups hoped one day to attain such an honour, and perhaps some of them would this day by ridding the galaxy of the remaining native creatures of this world.

One soldier in particular, one dressed in the heaviest armour, stood before the assembled groups and addressed them. ?The drone delivered its message near the volcano on the east end of the island,? he said. ?So we make our way there. Fan out into this cursed jungle and flush out any would-be interlopers?eliminate them on the spot. Mark yourselves for every native you kill, and I will personally reward you accordingly. Kill the Ambassador, and the Warmaster will make you his second in command!?

The assembled Vong all howled an enthused battle cry. ?Go forth!? commanded the soldier. ?Let this day be ours!? The soldiers all began to move into the jungle in their separate groups until all that remained were the three idle ships, patiently awaiting the return of their soon to be victorious cargo.

His chosen group was beginning to fan out. Staves drawn and senses alert, each of the soldiers soon went their separate ways, keeping in visual distance with each other but at the same time virtually isolating themselves. In a practical sense, it allowed each group to cover more ground as they made their way towards the Hive. With any luck, their forward push would flush out any resistance and prevent them from flanking the attackers at a later time.

Good intentions, no doubt?foolish?but good?

Ravage watched the ten he?d been tracking spread out. Safe on his perch in one of the trees, the tiger waited patiently for the right moment to strike. His only weapons were his claws, teeth, skills, and the lightsabre. The last one however would be no good for the kind of battle this was to be. The thrumming of the energy blade would bring every member of the strike force down on him like summer rain. While such a battle would easily quell the growing rage within him, it wasn?t a very practical move.

His eyes narrowed as one soldier drew close. Silently he descended to another tree limb, careful not to disturb the leaves and thereby giving away his position. He was only 3 metres from the ground now?the perfect height from which to strike. As the soldier drew closer, the anger began to swell in the tiger?s soul. The sound of Triel?s last gasping words filled his ears, and he felt the savagery emerge. His eyes began to glow hotly and his breathing became more ragged. His whiskers tingled in anticipation of what was to come, and he could feel his fangs begin to pulse with need. The bloodlust was upon him, and for Triel, Ravage was indeed going to war.

The tiger dropped from the tree, landing with a grace befitting his feline heritage. His arms lashed out like coiled whips, grasping the head of the Vong soldier and turning it too far to the left. The neck sn/>
  23. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
    Satisfying none the less, Whiskey! Always good to see Ravage back in the fold. [face_devil]

Reminds me of the new John Rambo trailer. Oh, it's so goooooooooooooooooood! :D

JOY!
  24. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
  25. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
    Okay, I shot Lassie: you may post now. :p

FORWARD!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.