Streak of Madness MAJOR AU/JA /Angst /Drama (Obi-Wan develops Split personality) UPDATED DEC 1

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by FELICIA_ZEZILI, Nov 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm begining to think that cliffitis is an infectuous disease and all who are known to have it should be chained to their computers until they finish their post!

Excellent job!
  2. Sheila Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay, you were right, THAT was indeed an evil cliffie! I am glad you are going to post more often, especially if you are going to leave us hanging like that! :D

Great post. Qui-Gon is going to wake up to a "new" apprentice! :eek:

3. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    After that post, I would say that my diagnosis of cliffie-itis is correct, and it seems to be getting worse. I only know of one cure Felicia. You have to post more ASAP :D
  4. FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Knight

star 3
    Jedi_Suzuran: Your right I won't tell you what happened but then again I'm not all that sure myself. There are so many things that could happen!

NikSteevi: Who am I to deny a request fomr master Yoda?

Trixter_Goddess: Don't cry! I can't tell you what happens but I can give you a post.

Jedi_Knight_Hunter: You know somethign I have no problem with being chained to my computer!

Sheila: hmmm...I hadn't thought much about Qui-Gon interacting with Obi's Alter Ego but now that you mention it all sorts of things come to mind...

PadawanKitara: Well this was as soon as possible but I foresee in the future that I may have another bad case of cliffie-itis.

Chapter 2 ? Blood money

Down in the underbelly of Coruscant were all the dregs and low lives of society dwelled, The Red Womprat club called passersby into its doors with its bright red lights and loud music designed to inflame the senses.

Upon entering it wasn?t too hard to figure out just what the game was in the club. The entrance opened to a flight of stairs that over looked all the activity that was happening on the ground floor of the establishment, even though the dim lights and smoke made it difficult to see clearly. A bar that was lined with patrons ran against the sidewall opposite the stairs and a stage that was currently occupied with a few women dressed in clothing that left little to the imagination, went from one end of the bar to the opposite wall to form an ?L? shape. There was a cluster of booths before the stage.

Adeen, one of the serving girls, had seen him enter. He stood out among the usually rife raff that came to the club. He was wearing a dark brown robe with the hood pulled up over his head. His clothing consisted of a tan colored tunic and pants, a brown belt and Brown leather boots. When he took a seat in one of the booths that was close to that back wall, the hood was pushed back revealing his ginger colored hair. Adeen began to walk over to him. She almost stopped dead in her tracks when she saw the thin braid that hung lazily over his shoulder. Was he a Jedi Padawan?

When she stopped beside his booth, he turned his attention to her and smiled, looking her up and down. Adeen shivered when she looked into his eyes. There was something about him that made her uneasy but she brushed the feeling away and smiled back seductively. ?It?s not everyday that we get gents like you just dropping by.? She purred. ?So, what?s your name, sweetheart??

?Cronan.? He replied simply.

?Well, Cronan what brought a man like you here??

He looked her up and down again. ?You did.? He took his hand in hers and pulled her gently onto his lap.

Adeen wrapped her arm around his neck and grinned. ?I like your approach.? She said as she leaned in and brushed her lips against his.

In the booth in front of the one that Adeen and Cronan occupied, two men were having a heated conversation. There was too much noise in the club for the conversation to be heard but with by using the force Cronan could easily pick up on their words, ?I did what I was told! So, don?t you dare stiff me on my bill!? The first man said. He was young, probably early twenties.

?Do not worry, Chesed. You will get your money but now is not the time. It?s too soon. Once we make sure that our tactic worked you?ll be paid.? The second man replied calmly as she took a sip of his drink. He was the older of the two and wore a velvet cape.

?No!? the younger man replied. ?I want my money now! I won?t out of here! I heard that a Jedi was hurt in that explosion. I?m not taking any chances of my implication in that incident being discovered.?

The older man rolled his eyes and reached into pocket and pulled out a credit chip. ?Fine. Here?s your money in full.? The younger man eagerly took the chip and pocketed it. He then downed the last of his drink and hurried out of the club.

Cronan pulled away from Adeen and grinned at her as he said, ?I?ll be back in a mi
  5. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    :eek: :eek:

Whoa! That was...bad. :_|

All I can say right now, Felicia.
  6. Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Master

star 4
    dark, very very dark

:( :(

good job, even though I wasn't quite sure of what was going on for a bit.
  7. Sheila Force Ghost

star 4
    :eek: :eek:

A split personality is one thing, but how will Obi-Wan ever be able to live with the actions of his alter-ego?!

More soon please. :D
  8. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    WOW- I guess his alter-ego retains Obi-Wan's full memories. But does it work in reverse?
  9. NikSteevi Jedi Knight

star 1
    'Hmmm. Intriguing this is. Meditate on it I shall' - Yoda.

'That little green goblin follows me wherever I go...anyway nice post this split personality thing is catchy.' - Nik Steevi
  10. SARAH_5 Jedi Padawan

I like it, hehehehehe! When will ht enext bit be up better be soon or else my split personaliy will come after you lol! well done your doing a good job.
  11. FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Knight

star 3
    Jedi_Suzuran: Okay...when you say bad...

Jedi_Knight_Hunter: I'm glad you liked it and soory if I confused you. I really wasn't trying to...or maybe I was. That might be my master plan!

Sheila: That's the hard question of this fic and to tell the truth I have no idea!

PadawanKitara: Well, I read that the host personality usually is unaware of the others but the alters have a certain degree of awareness.

NikSteevi: Thank you once again yoda! you da man!

SARAH_5: You reply prompted me to get this up asap. Please don'y hurt me!

Chapter 3 ? A change of a bizarre kind

Master Qui-Gon lay in a bed at the healer?s ward. He had awoken a day after the celebration and had spent the past few days in a healing trance. Most of his cuts and burns were completely gone but the more serious internal injuries still needed time. Time was something that Master Qui-Gon did not have.

When he had awoken the first person he had asked to see was his Padawan. The healers that were attending to the master exchanged nervous glances and then choose to ignore his request and went back to their work. Later in the day Master Mace Windu, Adi and Yoda had come to see how he was doing. Qui-Gon once again asked to see his Padawan hoping that his comrades would adhere to his request. The three Jedi masters all held grim expressions on their faces. Mace then informed Qui-Gon that Obi-Wan had gone missing the night that they had first brought Qui-Gon into the healers and they still had not located the run away padawan. Adi then told Qui-Gon of Obi-Wan?s peculiar behavior in the waiting area of the healer?s ward and his hasty leave. Qui-Gon had not taken this news well. He had tried to get up, wanting to go out and search for Obi-Wan but his body still had a lot of healing to do at the time.

Master Qui-Gon closed his eyes and reached out to the bond that he shared with his padawan. Qui-Gon?s eyes snapped open. He felt something different with the bond. It was something strange, something wrong. A change, like when love dies. What was happening to his boy?

The last thought that had entered Obi-Wan?s awareness was leaning against the cool surface of the fresher wall. It had only seemed like seconds since then but when he opened his eyes again he found himself walking along a deserted street. He could tell that he was till on Coruscant by the planet?s trademark skyscrapers but how had he gotten from his quarter?s that he shared with his master, to out in the streets of the city in a matter of seconds?

He continued down the street, when he turned the corner and came onto one of the more mainstream pedestrian walkways. He chanced a look up at one of the buildings as he passed. Obi-Wan stopped dead in his tracks. On the building was a screen that projected images and scrolling words, giving the time, temperature and date. The date on the screen told him that five days had passed since the night of foundation day celebration! Five days?! Where had he been this whole time? What had he done? He pulled his cloak tight around him. Whatever he had done, it had sapped him of most his energy. He was exhausted. He wondered if he had gotten any sleep these past days.

Deciding that he wouldn?t be able to make it back to the temple on foot, he hailed for an air taxi. After he told the driver of his destination, Obi-Wan sat back in the seat, relaxing his muscles. He began to close his eyes but then snapped them back open. The last time he closed his eyes, five days had gone by without his knowing. What if it happened again? He knew that he couldn?t keep his eyes open forever but he wanted to see his master first. After five days he wondered how Qui-Gon was doing. Had he made it? He accessed the bond that he shared with his master and found that the man was indeed alive. Obi-Wan felt relief rush through him.

Upon reaching the temple, Obi-Wan exited the air taxi. He walked across the platform that was outside the entrance. Though he
  12. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Qui senses something is up. Will he be able to actually figure out what's happened though? ?[face_plain]

Great post, of course.
  13. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Great job on the post. I have also read that the main personality is unaware. But 5 days!
  14. Sheila Force Ghost

star 4
    Great post! Obi-Wan lost 5 days! Now that is something he can't ignore. :eek:

I wonder if Qui-Gon will still detect something strange when he accesses their bond or if it only feels strange when the second personality takes over. I am still worried about how poor Obi-Wan will react when it is finally revealed what he has done. :(

Great job. I am looking forward to more. :D
  15. Drunk_on_Tang Jedi Knight

star 3
    This is one unique idea for a fic, FZ! Incredible posts!

~Dot
  16. Haunt_of_JC Jedi Knight

Up! I need more mental disorder!

~Haunt of JC
  17. FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Knight

star 3
    Jedi_Suzuran: I don't know...

PadawanKitara: It's not implausible. The same thing happened to Sybil Dorsett.

Sheila: I'm worried to but it will make for some great angst!

Drunk_on_Tang: Thanks for the compliment! Though I do think somethign like this has been done before...I really can't remember. I have read so much Fanfics i can't distinguish one from another anymore.

Haunt_of_JC: Don't we all!

~There were flashes of images. A young woman with long dark hair tied up in a high ponytail walking near him, sitting with him, kissing him. There were men fighting. A dark alley, the glow of a lightsaber and a voice saying, ?Dichali.? Then a sound that was somewhere in between a gasp and a cry~

Obi-Wan awoke with a start. The lights of the room where he laid were set a dim level. He drew in a deep breath. A dream. It was just a dream but it all seemed so real. He could feel the kiss on his lips. He could hear the cry. Obi-Wan closed his eyes and tried to push the dream in the back of his mind. It was just a dream.

He took in at his surroundings. Seated in a chair besides the bed was Bant, elbow was propped up on the armrest with her head leaning against her hand. Obi-Wan smiled slightly despite himself. She was such a loyal friend. He nudged her through the friendship bond they shared, coaxing the young Calamarian woman awake. After rubbing the sleep from her eyes, Bant smiled at Obi-Wan. ?How are you feeling?? She asked.

?Much better.? Obi-Wan replied. ?How long have I been out?? He suddenly asked wanting to make sure that no more time had slipped by him like before. Bant noticed his sudden urgency and looked at her friend with concern.

?A few hours. We thought you would be asleep longer.? Bant replied trying to calm him. Then she voiced the question that everyone had been asking since Obi-Wan?s return to the temple. ?Where have you been all these days??

Obi-Wan sighed and looked straight ahead, he paused for a log moment. ?I don?t know?? He said in a voice that was no louder then a whisper.

?There is something troubling you.? Bant said. It wasn?t a question. She could feel it through the bond they shared. The two had been friends for as long as either of them could remember. She knew Obi-Wan, probably better then he knew himself and now looking at him she could also see that he was distressed. Obi-Wan closed his eyes for a brief moment and shook his head. He didn?t want to deal with this right now.

?Can I speak with Qui-Gon?? He asked wishing to change the subject.

Bant nodded ?If you think you?re well enough to get up.? Obi-Wan was out of the bed in an instant. Bant sighed and stood, leading Obi-Wan to his master?s room.

When they entered the room. Master Qui-Gon was sitting up in his bed reading from a datapad. The Jedi Master smiled when he saw his padawan. Obi-Wan walked over to his master?s bedside and sat down. Bant took this as her signal to leave the two to their privacy and go inform the master?s that Obi-Wan has awakened.

The master and padawan team sat in silence. There was always silence between them but it wasn?t an easy silence that they usually shared. Qui-Gon thought back to earlier in the day when he had felt the change over his bond with Obi-Wan, the change in his padawan?s mind. The Jedi master was about to voice his concerns to his Padawan but was cut short when Master Mace Windu and Master Yoda entered the room followed by a man and a young woman, who looked liked she had been beaten. Qui-Gon didn?t recognize either of them; though he could tell by the uniform that the man wore that he was a Security Force officer.

In the seat bedside Qui-Gon?s bed, Obi-Wan had gone pale. The young woman who stood by the Security Force officer was the same woman he had seen in his dream earlier. The woman looked at Obi-Wan and then turned to the officer. ?That?s him.? She said pointing to Obi-Wan.

?Are you sure Miss. Adeen?? Mace Windu asked. The young woman nodded.

?W
  18. Drunk_on_Tang Jedi Knight

star 3
    Holy sith, FZ! Thats incredible! I mean, I probally knew in the back of the mind that this would be coming, but it never really sunk in! So when it came along, it was like a getting hit in the stomach with a lead ball! Obi-Wan is getting tried for murder... ooo, boy. Oh boy oh boy oh boy...

~Dot

PS: Remember, me and Haunt of JC are the same person... but Dot is the main one... u can just mix our replies and put them under Dot...
  19. Sheila Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh no! They have arrested Obi-Wan before he has even had a chance to talk to Qui-Gon. Surely the authorities are not going to believe that he doesn't remember anything from the last 5 days. I really need to know what is going to happen next. You have upped the tension tremendously. Great job! :D
  20. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Good Lord! They've come for Obi. :eek: :_|

I uh...need more. :D
  21. FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just giving this an up! and The next post might not be for a few more days. Sorry but I'm trying to work things out! So thanks for being patient.

Felicia Z
  22. Drunk_on_Tang Jedi Knight

star 3
  23. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks Felicia, it's just not my week with links.

It certainly didn't take them long to find Obi-Wan. But will they believe him when he says, he doesn;t remember the past 5 days?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.