main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Streaming of Clone Wars episodes

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CaraJinn, Jan 28, 2018.

1. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    I'm not sure if the question belongs here or in the more "general questions" part of the forum. Feel free to move it if I've misplaced it.

2 years ago I started watching The Clone Wars on Netflix, but before I was able to see all seasons Netflix removed the series. Since then I've tried to find a place where I legally can register and see the rest of it.I know the episodes can be found on US Amazon and iTunes, but for some reason (guess it has to do with regions) I'm not allowed to purchase it with my Norwegian registered accounts.

Norwegian Viaplay is sending Season 1 now, but with dubbing (I miss James Arnold Tayler's and Ahsley Eckstein's voicing).

Unless anyone here are able to point me in a direction where I can buy streaming of the last two seasons, I guess I have to simply buy the DVDs.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It's probably a stupid question on my part, but can you simply create a US account to purchase the episodes on US Amazon or iTunes?

3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Are they not in the DisneyNOW app?

4. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Thanks. Question is good, and I've been thinking about it. But it's a bit tricky since I need to put in an US address and possibly also phone number + that my credit cards won't work so I need to buy gift coupons to be able to pay. So it would be much easier if I could find it somewhere else.
    This region stuff is really annoying. I don't mind paying for watching. After all it's business for somebody, but I really do not understand why something like that can easily be purchased and streamed in the US and not in Norway.

@Ancient Whills, thanks. I've never heard about that before. Will check it out.

Edit: I checked. Doesn't seem to be an option for me.
    From Disney NOWs FAQ:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2018
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    You can make up an US address. I did it once, long ago, to purchase a digital copy of a videogame on Amazon. You can change or delete it later after you make the purchase.

6. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Odd that AUS Netflix has all the seasons of Clone Wars available to see but not Norway.

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    @Master_Rebado , I agree. It's not fair [face_sigh]. We had them until last spring, then they disappeared.

However, I've given up my hunt for streaming and I'm now solving my problems the easiest way: The entire Clone Wars DVD collection has been ordered.

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Movie and Season 6 too? Don't forget that the only Region 2 DVD release of the latter is the German DVD version. The Blu-ray releases of every season (and movie) are region free though.

9. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    I already have the movie. And if Season 6 is the same as "The Lost Missions" I have that one too. The one I'm buying now is Season 1-5, and those are bought from a Norwegian website so I assume there wouldn't be any region conflict for those. I don't have a blue ray player, only plain DVD, so blue ray wouldn't be an option for me. I know it's a dying technology so that's why I was looking for some streaming or sky based version.

Actually, I have one. Sort of. Sometimes when buying things on ebay or Amazon the seller doesn't ship to Norway, so there is a freight company which has specialized on transporting goods overseas (and yes, they do the customs clearance and all the paperwork so it's perfectly legal). I have a mail box address there which actually could be used for this purpose as well according to what I've been able to dig up. But still I would have to buy a gift voucher to be able to pay, create a new email etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2018
  10. Commander_Andersen

Commander_Andersen Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 10, 2004
    PSA for anyone in Britain - all six series, minus the film, are available to stream on DisneyLife, along with series 1 & 2 of Rebels.

11. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Must be something to do with the deals for various regions with Netflix.

Ordering the whole show is a great move in more than one way. :)

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    @Master_Rebado , it is. Knowing myself, I also have a feeling that Rebels will end up in my shelf, unless whatever issues that may exist between Disney and the Norwegian part of Netflix is solved. [face_blush]