Street Brat - AU Obi/original character fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ealasaid86, Apr 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ealasaid86 Jedi Youngling

Hey everyone! I've been reading stories here for awhile and have finally worked up the nerve to write my own fic. This is an Au starring Obi-Wan and Linnaria Skywalker, Anakin's older half sister. Anakin and Linn live on the streets of Coruscant's lower districts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Linnaria gritted her teeth as she slipped past the drunk who stumbled in the crowded Coruscant streets. She moved quietly, making sure not to draw any attention to herself, her survival as well as her 3 year old brother's survival depended on the fact that she didn't draw attention to herself, didn't get caught. Spying someone who didn't seem to be paying much attention, she changed her course heading towards them. She jolted violently against the richly dressed alien, and slipped her hand into his pocket extracting his wallet and any other spare credits. Continuing on she ducked into a shadow. She breathed a sigh of relief, she had been living in the shadows of Coruscant and other planets for as long as she could remember.

Her father who had died when she was five had been a down and out smuggler who had finally pissed off one person to many and gotten shot in a back alley. Then her mother had fled from Tatooine going from spaceport to spaceport working her way in bars never of course bringing any men home or going home with any men. She was still a moisture farmer's daughter and she still had morals. Then suddenly Linnaria's mother was pregnant again. Linnaria watched her mother's confused face when the medic told her; she had seen her mother's worry. She could barely support her eleven-year-old daughter and herself, and now another mouth to feed. They had headed for Coruscant, her mother hoping to find a job. She hadn't.

Linnaria sighed and brought herself out of her reverie she needed to get back to her brother. Janya was trustworthy, but the lower levels of Coruscant were tough and there were plenty of low lifes that wouldn't mind preying on an elderly lady and a toddler. Tucking the wallet into her tattered jacket she raced home, diving through vents and other tight places. She arrived at Janya little cubicle she knocked.

"Janya open up it's me Linn!" she called waiting outside casting furtive glanced side to side. She smiled slightly as a withered hand open the door and a wrinkled face came into view.

"Come in Linn, Anakin is asleep in my room." said the kind voice. It had been Janya who had taken in the twelve-year-old girl with a newborn baby that had been lost and alone in the dangerous Coruscant Underworld. Janya had taken them in and introduced Linnaria to her grandson a smooth talking eighteen year old thief. Barin had taken Linn under his wing making her his little sister. He had allowed her to join his gang reconizing her talents. She still bore the gang's tatoo on her right bicep and because of that tatoo she was marked for life as wanted by the LEOs. After a year as the gang's leader's little sister she had become even better at her life on the streets.She did business some times for smugglers or older more experienced criminals. But she stayed away from that; it had been an older criminal that had killed Barin, stabbing him in the back. But he was dead now, he had made the mistake of going after her, after killing Barin. She had been scared and at only thirteen had killed Barin's murderer, she had been the only one of the gang to survive. The rest were either killed or captured and undergoing their punishment. But she thought shutting her eyes briefly that was the way it was in the Underworld, it was deal or be killed and within the first month Linn had learned to deal. She smiled as she watched her brother sleep he looked so peaceful. But she couldn't help but notice how she could see his ribs and how dirty his little hands were. Anakin didn't deserve this life. She smiled and then walked with Janya back into the tiny living room that also served as the kitchen and dining room. She pulled out the four wallets she had managed to lift and o
  2. starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan

star 4
  3. FurryDuck Jedi Master

star 4
    that was a great start. im looking forward to reading more.
  4. Ealasaid86 Jedi Youngling

I'm back! I was wondering if anyone is actually reading this? Anyway here a little bit more.

Opening her eyes she immediately got up and swept Anakin into her arms. He giggled and spoke.

"Linn, take bath now?" he asked

Linnaria laughed and nodded she placed Ani in the sink. It was big and was almost a perfect bathtub for the three year old. As she cleaned him he played in the water. Setting him down she dressed him in the only other jump suit he had. She then turned and made herself somewhat presentable. After feeding him, she picked him up and headed towards the Temple district. She had always loved looking at the Jedi Temple ever since Barin had showed it to her. She often tried to go there, imagining the brave Jedi that her mother had told her about just before bedtime. She wove through the crowded streets making sure that Ani was snug in her arms. She finally reached her destination and walked into the store. It was fairly nice and usually she never would have come in but she needed some good quality clothes for Ani as well as some boots. So she headed for the Toddler section. And pulled out a brown jump suit. It looked a little big for Ani but that was good. Grabbing another one, she took Ani's hand and pulled him towards the shoe area. Now she was going to have to talk to someone. Walking towards a store assistant, she tapped the woman on her shoulder.

"Excuse, I'm looking for some good boots for my brother." Linnaria told her indicating Anakin who was hiding behind her peeking out from behind her legs. The woman smiled and nodded.

"Okay, follow me, we'll get him fitted."
    and started walking towards some chairs. She followed and if Linnaria had turned around at that moment she would have found two men watching her. One tall giant of a man and another man younger than the first, both were dressed in the traditional brown robes of the Jedi.

Please post feedback! I really need to know if anyone thinks this story is worth reading! Thanks to those that replied!
  5. Aralna Jedi Master

star 4
    This is a great story! I love the idea of Ani having an older sister! :)
  6. Beka Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I read this story over a fanfiction.net
    Very original and very good story.
    I like it.
  7. Ealasaid86 Jedi Youngling

Hey I'm back! Hope more people are reading this fic! If you are please post feedback! Anyway here's the next bit!

Obi-Wan stared at the young girl with the little boy. Both of them were filled with the light side of the Force. The Force pulsed with every breath they took. The boy was brighter, but the girl, she caught his attention. She seemed to exude a naturally calm presence; the resonance of her Force sense was almost equal to that of a Jedi Master. She was obviously a street kid from the lower levels. He probed her and when he did he felt almost a sense of a binding, of a connection forged. She stopped suddenly, turned around and looked right at him. Her eyes widened and suddenly he couldn't feel her emotions. Her eyes took on a confused look and she shrugged turning back towards the little boy.

*Obi-Wan, what is wrong? You seem...disturbed by something. *came his Master's mind voice.

*I do not know, do you see that blond girl and the little boy over near the shoes?*

*Yes, they have very distinctive Force sense.*answered Qui-Gon. But he was still looking at his padawan questioningly. *That is not all, you were startled and I know you felt their presence before hand.*

*The girl, I probed her and I felt some sort of connection, what could it be?* he asked. When said connection his Master looked at him, obviously startled. Then he seemed to retreat into himself before answering.

*I am not sure, but what I do know is that both should be in the Temple. They are extremely strong.*

*But Master, the girl is too old!*

*That does not matter. We need to talk with them, when they leave we shall follow them and attempt to speak with them in a more private manner.* His voice made it clear that there would be no arguing. Nodding he continued watching her, and once again she looked up, but this time she met his eyes. The bolt he felt from this meeting made his vision go white for a minute, then he shook his head. She looked like she had been dropped in a lake of freezing cold water. She frowned at him and he suddenly had this absurd feeling that he never wanted her to frown again. Shaking his head on more time he turned his attention back to finding something that would be useful for the diplomatic party they were going to attend later that week.

8. starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan

star 4
  9. Aralna Jedi Master

star 4
  10. FurryDuck Jedi Master

star 4
  11. Obi-Zahn Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  12. Ealasaid86 Jedi Youngling

Well here's the next post, hope you all like. I've finally finished the story and will probably be posting at least every other day.

Obi-Wan had managed to find appropriate clothing and now he and his Master waited for the girl to leave. He watched her out of the corner of his eye. She was fairly pretty; it was obvious that she had tried to clean up beforehand. Her face was clean, as was her neck and hands. But her clothes and the manner in which she conducted herself that she was from the lower levels. She moved like a thief, carefully silently and warily. She was constantly watching. One thing that had caught his eyes was when a pair of Law Enforcement Officers came in she moved her hand to cover up a tattoo on her right arm. He couldn't see it from her, but immediately knew that the tattoo would have identified her and she obviously didn't want to noticed or identified. She finally appeared at the sales counter. In her hands she had a pair of small boots and two jump suits, also small and then lastly she was carrying a black leather jacket, for herself he assumed. Her brother was looking at the candy store that was connected to the store wistfully. Ob-Wan had to smile as he toddled over to the girl and tugged on her pants. Looking down she smiled.

"What is it Ani?" she asked, a smile still on her face.

"Get candy Linn?" asked the little boy. She looked down at the credits in her hand. He could tell there weren't many left. Sighing she looked down at her brother again. Then shook her head and sighed again. Then she turned to the salesperson.

"Would you mind putting away the jacket please?" she asked politely handing him the jacket. The man nodded and then rung up the new total. She paid and then took the bag in one hand and the little boy's, Ani's, in the other. Then she smiled again.

"Come one Ani, we'll get ya some candy."

Ani smiled and laughed as they headed for the store. Obi-Wan glanced at his Master.

*Should we follow them now?*

*Yes, let us go.*

They walked unobtrusively towards the candy store, following the girl and her son, brother? For some reason other than the fact that she was young, Obi-Wan really did not want the boy to be her son. He watched as she used up the last of her credits buying her brother some candy. Obi-Wan shook his head, it was obvious that she had wanted the jacket, but instead she bought the little boy a treat. That amazed him, everything he had every heard about low level Street kids was that they were tough and only looked out for themselves and maybe their gang.

Feedback is a very good thing!
  13. starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan

star 4
  14. Obi-Zahn Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  15. Aralna Jedi Master

star 4
  16. Obi-Zahn Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Rise, my young threadintice.
  17. Ealasaid86 Jedi Youngling

I've got the next part out, I'm starting a new sotry called 'Hidden; Not Lost', you can read it at http://www.fanfiction.net/index.fic?action=story-read&storyid=269616.

They continued to follow her down into the lower levels, they were about 4 levels down when suddenly Obi-Wan's danger sense flared. Then he watched in horror as a bunch of street kids surrounded the girl. She eyed them warily and held the little boy close.

"What do you want?" she asked and he watched her shift into an attack ready stance.

"Nottin Linnaria, we just wonderin if ya ever gonna join up wit us. Ya got talent and ya need ta share it! Didn't yer mamma ever teach ya that it's polite ta share?" taunted the leader, a tall dark boy with sharp brown eyes and long black hair. The girl's eyes blazed and she spat on the ground.

"I canna and willna join ya and I have aready told ya. Kay?" she said. Obi-Wan was confused she hadn't spoken that way in the store, but he knew that it must be a street lingo. The leader frowned and took a step forward and brought out his hand which held a vibroblade.

"I don't think ya understand. Yer gonna join or you and yer brother are gonna get to meet the Black." Sneered the boy.

"Oh yeah! Well like ya said I got talent and I know how to use it." With that she whipped out a vibroblade.

"Oh, ya think ya can fight all six of us?" the gang laughed. "Get her!"

Obi-Wan started to move forward as the surged toward the girl. But Qui-Gon's hand stopped him.

*Not yet, wait awhile!*

*But Master...*

*Wait*

His eyes never left the fight, the girl as fighting hard and the little boy was scrambling out of the way. Obi-Wan growled as he saw a vibroblade catch the child across the cheek. But then the offender dropped like a ton of bricks as the girl kicked him in the head. Obi-Wan turned to his master.

*Now?*

*NOW!*

Obi-Wan immediately brought out his lightsaber and head towards the fighting. The gang scattered as soon as they saw the sabers. The girl was standing there eying them warily.
    Then she shrugged and turned to her brother who was crying.

"Oh no! Ani!" she exclaimed and rushed to the boy picking him up. She held him.

"Linn, kiss and make better?" asked the little boy in between sobs. The girl's eyes filed with anguish and then she smiled a slight, sad smile.

"Okay". Then she leaned down and kissed him on the injured cheek. And Obi-Wan almost stepped backwards from the flare of pure healing power. He watched in amazement as the boy's wound started closing up almost immediately. The girl stood up and faced them. She had a black eye that was fading before his eyes and a slash across her shoulder was healing just as fast.

"Who are you?" she asked them. Looking at them plainly puzzled.

"I am Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and this is my padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi." answered Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan bowed as he watched the girl. Her eyes widened and then she smiled at them.

"Thank you very much, Master Jinn and Jedi Kenobi."

"Do you mind if I inquire as to who you and your companion are?" asked Qui-Gon. She frowned then and sighed.

"My name is Linnaria Skywalker and this is my brother Anakin Skywalker."

"If you don't mind could you please come back to the Temple with us. You and your brother are hurt and we have healers there that can fix you up."

She bit her lip and glanced at her brother. The wound already looked several days old instead of only several minutes.

"I don't know, Ani is okay and I am perfectly fine."

In fact his eyes widened slightly as he noted that she was right. The black eye was gone and her other injuries were almost gone.

"I insist, just to make sure the boy is alright." said Qui-Gon walking towards her and taking her uninjured arm in his hand. She frowned and then nodded tiredly. She followed hi silently, in deep thought.

Feedback?
  18. Obi-Zahn Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Cool! Tops! I really liked it. The other street brats were stupido! Great story.
  19. Aralna Jedi Master

star 4
    Great post! So they're going to the Jedi Temple? Good.
  20. Obi-Zahn Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    M :eek: RE!!!!!!! M :eek: RE!!!!! M :eek: RE!!!! M :eek: RE!!!!! M :eek: RE!!!!

MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!!
  21. Obi-Zahn Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    M :eek: RE!!!!!!!! M :eek: RE!!!!!!!! M :eek: RE!!!!!!!! M :eek: RE!!!!!!!! M :eek: RE!!!!!!!!

MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!!
    MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!!
  22. Lady_Anemone Jedi Youngling

Okay Obi-Zahn I get the point! [face_laugh] Here's the next part, hope you like!

Obi-Wan watched at her, she was really very pretty. She was also nervous, her brother's wound was almost completely healed, but she still followed them. Her eyes widened in wonder as she entered the Temple and she smiled slightly. Anakin, her brother was looking around wildly trying to take it all in. She laughed as he almost fell out of her arms staring at everything. Qui-Gon led them towards the Healers', when they enter Master Careen came forward.

"Vici, I want you to check out this young boy. He was caught across the cheek with a vibroblade." spoke Qui-Gon. Master Careen looked up at him sharply, but then turned to Linnaria and indicated that she could place Anakin on a bed.

*Qui-Gon what is going on? That boy is almost completely healed. Why?*

*His sister, can you not feel their power in the Force?*

*Yes I can, but are you telling me that an untrained Force individual healed him?!*

*Yes I am! She is a natural healer! I need to go speak with the Council, please just keep them here.*

*Very well, I will.*

With a nod towards Linnaria and Anakin's direction, Qui-Gon turned and exited the Healing Center, with Obi-Wan following him.

Feedback! I crave FEEDBACK!!!!!
  23. Aralna Jedi Master

star 4
    Great post! :D I can't wait to see what the council thinks about this...
  24. Lady_Anemone Jedi Youngling

I decided to post the next little bit. Is anyone reading this? Anyway as a side note I';ve changed my user name to Lady_Anemone instead of Ealasaid86 :) Here it is!!

Obi-Wan shook his head as Qui-Gon strode up to the Council Chamber door and opened it, barging into a meeting with a Master and Knight returned from a mission. He stood off to the side as Qui-Gon walked to the middle of the room.

"Excuse but I must speak with the Council." he said to the Jedi. They looked at him and then nodded turning to face Yoda and Mace.

"If the Council does not mind, Knight Hart and I shall give you the rest of our report later." he said. And when they nodded their permission , the two Jedi left the room.

"Important what is? That burst in here you do?" asked Yoda, giving Qui-Gon a disapproving look.

"I am sorry Master, but I believed that the Council would wish to know that I had found two individuals that are extremely strong in the Force." he answered.

"We would want to know, but why do you interrupt a meeting because of this?" questioned Mace Windu.

"They are brother and sister. They boy, Anakin Skywalker, is three years old and his Force presence is very strong. In fact I have never seen a being with such a strong connection to the Force." he said, "And his sister, Linnaria, is only fifteen years old but her resonance in the Force is equal to that of a very strong Jedi Master."

"Interesting, you say she is only fifteen?" spoke Knight Ki-Adi-Mundi.

"Yes, she is with her brother at the Healers'. We saw them in a store in the Temple district and followed, because though the girl is already in her teens, the boy is young and needs to be trained. They were ambushed by a gang. The girl fought and was wounded, as was her brother. I could feel her heal her brother."

"What was the wound inflicted on the boy?" asked Master Gallia.

"He was slashed with a vibroblade across his right cheek. She is truly an amazing healer and she has amazing control and calm. The cut was deep and by the time we reached the Temple Anakin's wound looked almost two weeks old."

"That is amazing, have taken a blood sample and checked their midiclorian count yet?" asked Mace.

"I am not sure, but yes I believe that Master Careen would have done so."

"Call Master Careen we will, ask her to do this we shall."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Feedback! I need feedback!!! :)
  25. Aralna Jedi Master

star 4
    What's Linnaria's midiclorian count? Higher than Master Yoda's?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.