main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Street team, MD

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Fire_Ice_Death, Jul 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    So I might be starting a Boycott the RIAA Street Team in Maryland. Before I do this I'd like to get some support for the position because right now I know very few people in MD that would do anything. So if you're out there, and you hate the RIAA and what it's doing, then contact me via PM or reply here.

2. yaddel

yaddel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Dumb question, what is RIAA?

3. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    The RIAA, unless there is another one, is the Recording Industry Association of America.

They have now become the proverbial Sheriff of Nottingham in the crusade to stamp out pirating music online. I know that downloading music is wrong, especially if it hurts the musicians, but the only ones raising the biggest ruckus over all of this is the mighty RIAA. They could care less if the musicians get they?re cut of the money from record sales as long as they (the RIAA) is getting their share.

Do you think that the hard earned $20 or $30 bucks you spend actually goes to the musicians? The majority of it is lining fat cats pockets in the RIAA and they are upset that they aren't making any money off these downloads. They say record sales are plummeting because of rampant illegal music downloads, but the truth is there isn't anything out on the market now that is even worth buying (IMHO) anymore. Music nowadays has become so generic that I'm half expecting to see CD cases in the plain white with black letters that the old generic products used to come out in back in the 80's. Give me something worth buying and I'll be the first in line to throw down my money for it.

If the RIAA wants to gain back their so called plummeting record sales, they should give the fans more incentive to buy a record than to download it. Say for instance, discounts inside the CD for concert tickets, Tee shirts, downloadable content and special access to the musician's website for behind the scenes stuff and making of videos that is only exclusive on the CD. Do that and then it just might give the fans an incentive to buy the CD.

I have not bought a CD since 1999. Not because I can download the songs for free, but because I have not had any reason to buy any CDs because most of the songs I like play on the radio or I just listen to my XML satellite radio. The RIAA needs to wake up and roll with the technology that is here just as they did when VHS came out. Back then the RIAA was crying just as they are now. But did the industry go out of business because of VHS? I think not.

Well I'm done rambling about this. What do you guys think?

4. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Well put, now does anyone wish to join the MD Street team? ;)

5. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    More info for the street team?

I don't agree with the RIAA's decisions at all, but don't know about joining a group...

6. Solosgurl

Solosgurl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    Join Aragon..it'll be cool. We get to torch RIAA people's houses and toilet paper them on the streets nah j/k ;-)

The groups do anything from handing out flyers to putting bumper stickers on their car. I've heard it all. You don't have to be a radical or anything to join. It's a way to tell people what the RIAA is doing and how they can help with the problem basically.

7. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    No torching of houses? :eek:

Bah. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.