main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Strength and Honor: Star Wars/Gladiator Fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arwyn_Whitesun, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    :p had to get this outta my system...one of those days

have to do with a mission that went terribly wrong

OK, if the end result is Obi, Qui, and Maximus in gladiator outfits (of which there is not alot) then it must not have gone too terribly wrong in my book :D [face_laugh]

:D The Wookiee

2. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
  3. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Flashbacca OK, if the end result is Obi, Qui, and Maximus in gladiator outfits (of which there is not alot) then it must not have gone too terribly wrong in my book I agree with you on that! :D

Sabe Thanks for the up, Sabe!

If any of you have been reading my other fics, you have probably heard that I was told yesterday that I'm going to be laid off from my job, so I'm taking a few days away from my fic writing to regroup, but I will be returning to it soon. I think I need to write now more than ever, just to keep myself from getting too down, so expect an update soon! Thanks for your patience :)

4. Shezan

Shezan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2001
    If any of you have been reading my other fics, you have probably heard that I was told yesterday that I'm going to be laid off from my job, so I'm taking a few days away from my fic writing to regroup, but I will be returning to it soon. I think I need to write now more than ever, just to keep myself from getting too down, so expect an update soon! Thanks for your patience

Aaargh! I've been laid off a couple of times, and it's a shock, especially the first few times. (Now I sort of know I'll find something else, but ten years ago I was terrified!) What kind of job is it? Which region are you in? Stay optimistic! (easier said than done, of course) and keep us posted!

5. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    God Arwyn, you come up with some cool storylines, which as you know Im here for, not to swoon over Jedi.

6. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    **snickers**

unless it's a she Jedi in next to nothing? hmmmmmmmm Spike

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keeping Arwyn's chin and thread UP

:D The Wookiee

7. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Damn, you caught me out.

8. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
  9. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Shezan It's good to know that others have gone through this and survived. I must admit I am pretty terrified right now. I live in the Midwest and I do a research for a union. Actually, I was getting pretty burned out from my job and was not liking it much anymore, so this is probably, in the long run, a good thing. It's ironic, though, because the union I worked for that was their mission; to help people from losing their jobs. Well, I'm thinking I might go back to school. I have three months until my layoff date, so I do have some time to look for something else. But, again, good to know I can get through this, because others have. Thanks, Shezan!

Spike That's perfectly understandable, Spike. :) Just ignore us gals when we swoon over Maxi, Qui and Obi. And I will do my best to have some delectable women in this fic for you. ;) Remember, this is ancient Rome and they did like to party, those Romans. Well, some of the Romans did. Hehe!

Flashbacca Thanks for the page up and the chin up! :D

Sabe Thanks for the up!

New post sometime this weekend! Making myself get back into my regular writing schedule. And seeing a six-story high Obi-Wan sure got me inspired to do that. :D

10. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
  11. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Thanks for the up, Sabe!

I know it's been almost a week since my initial post, but I can assure you I have not abandoned this story. Just trying to get back into my regular writing schedule now that I've recovered from my layoff shock. :) I also need to do a little reading for my next post, but it will be coming. Thanks again, everyone, for having shown interest in my first crossover. :)

12. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Have just worked out where the title comes from! I just thought that it was a great title but after watching the beginning of Gladiator, I realised where it came from.

Sabe126

13. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
  14. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Glad you got to see, Gladiator, Sabe. It is a great line. I always liked it and thought it would make a great title. And thanks for the up! I'll do my best to get an update soon. Again, please forgive me, everyone, for not having done one sooner than this. It's just been a hell of a week! :( When I posted the first part last week, I had no idea I was going to be laid off, so I'm just trying to get back on track. Thanks for your patience! :)

15. Ewanfan51

Ewanfan51 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2002
    Don't sweat it Arwyn. It is more important that you take care of yourself at this time. It is very unsettling to find oneself jobless or soon to be.
    Up

16. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Thanks, Ewansfan51. :)

I'm going to need another day, I fear, before I get back to writing. I spent today working on my resume as I want to start looking for work as soon as possible. Again, please accept my apology, everyone, for the delay in posting. But I promise, a new post will be coming. :)

17. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    random drive-by upping with blasters :D

18. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
  19. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Never worry about delaying the next post, Arwyn. :) Concentrate on what you need to, and we'll wait (as patiently as possible) for the post. :)

20. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Hey you've combined my two favorite movies! This is great! I can't wait to see more... keep it up! You've earned a loyal fan!!!!

~*Nik*~

21. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
  22. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    UP we go...

23. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Did anyone in the UK see Dead Ringers? I was LOL at the Russel Crowe as Maximus. He was in the year 2002 at a Roman ruin and had called in the builders to get the walls rebuilt and strengthened. He did the picking up the earth bit and the in three weeks I will be harvesting my crops etc. I think that the builders were real builders and not actors as they were laughing.

It was hilarious!

Sabe126

24. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Sabe, I missed it.

Arwyn, where are these scantily clad chicks you promised me?

25. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.