main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Strength and Honor: Star Wars/Gladiator Fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arwyn_Whitesun, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Hopefully Glabrio doesn't decide that Obi... oops I mean Ossian would be worth more in the gladiator aspect. But then again it might be great to see Obi and Qui work together in old fashioned battle, working right along side with Maximus! Oh there's so many things that can happen!!!!

Great post!!!!!

~*Nikita*~

2. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Arwyn,

Your story is fascinating! I, too, felt like I was right there with them on that street in Rome.

Looking forward to more!

Lady Sami

3. Shezan

Shezan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2001
    Ooooohhh, I just love a Jedi incognito... :D

The period detail is terrific too. You're a worthy heir to Steven Saylor and Lindsey davis!

4. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    WHOO Arwyn..

Great post...Was good to see Obi in action here....I think he has just found himself a job until he can find Qui-Gon..

But what is this deal he wants to make Obi??Please not to have him fight in the ring..PLEASE??

Cant wait to read more...

PT

5. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    OH I LOVE the visuals of this story. :D

The research you are putting into this is really paying off Arwyn. I can practically see Obi in Rome.....in a toga no less [face_drooling on keyboard] :p

MORE PLEASE!!
    :D TW

6. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Wonderful!

It's great to see Obi in action!

Great descriptions. I can't wait to see Obi and Qui finally meeting. :D

7. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Hey Arwyn,

Great job - your attention to detail is amazing. You've obviously had your nose in a good ancient Roman history book. You make me feel lazy :D - I have an idea for a history-based story, but I would have to do some research and I just can't seem to get up the energy right now.

This story is cooking right along just like your others. There are so many places you could go with this story, I'm looking forward to seeing where you decide to head with it. Knowing you, it will be somewhere I haven't even thought about. :)

BTW, quick question, are you going AU from the movie, or will this fit in with those events?

Shaindl

8. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Hmm... perhaps a Qui-Gon/"Ossian" confrontation in some arena is in the making, hmm? [face_mischief]

9. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    That would be amazing. Excellent as always Arwyn! Hope we find out what Glabrio's idea is soon!

Sabe126

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Wonderful job. You got the creepy feeling of the crowded city down perfectly!

11. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    More Ossian, please.

:D [face_love]

[up]

12. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Astroanna Thanks, AA! I'm very anxious to see when/if/how Obi and Qui meet up!! I will say that both Obi and Qui have a few more obstacles to overcome before they finally do meet up, but, hopefully, it'll be interesting. :)

Jedi Suzuran Thanks, Suzuran!

Wild Huntress Thanks, Wild Huntress!

Cascadia Thanks, Cascadia! You said you've been researching ancient Rome for this. I was wondering if wheeled traffic was really forbidden during the day, or if this was something you made up for the story. Based on the sources I've read so far, it does appear that during some of Rome's long history, wheeled traffic was forbidden on the streets during the day. The reason is that, unlike the cities built by the Romans in the provinces, the streets of Rome were not straight or laid out on a grid, therefore, having carts and wagons, along with pedastrian traffic, would have been difficult. The bad thing is that if you were a light sleeper, it was hard to sleep at night in Rome with all these carts and wagons lumbering through the streets.

Sara Thanks, Sara. And nice icon! I love that scene in AOTC. "I don't think so!" You tell him, Obi-Wan! :D

Sugar Bear Thanks, SB! It's wise for Glabrio to want to keep the attractive wandering Jedi in his company, but then any person in their right mind would want to. I totally and wholeheartedly agree! [face_love]

Obis Grl Thanks, Obis Grl! Oh and Arwyn, is Commodus going to be making an appearance soon? Now I know he was a real creep in the movie...but Joaquin Phoenix (the actor who played Commodus) is still really hot.. Yep, he will make an appearance in the fic, yes he was a major creep in the movies, and yes, Joaquin is very hot!! ;)

Kikeriki Thanks, Kikeriki! I agree. Watching Obi-Wan, especially in the Duel of the Fates in TPM, was like watching poetry in motion. *sigh*

Naw Ibo Thanks, Naw Ibo! Yes, it will be very interesting when Obi-Wan does finally find Qui-Gon. I think he will be quite shocked at what he sees. [face_shocked]

Nikta Thanks, Nikta! Yes, I have a number of ideas as to where I want to take this fic. :D

Lady Sami J Kenobi Thanks, Lady Sami! I hope to have another post up tomorrow, but it is Thanksgiving here in the States, so won't promise, but will have one, at least, by Friday.

Shezan Thanks, Shezan! I too love a Jedi incognito. Oh, geez no, I'm nowhere near those guys, but thanks so much for saying so. :), I meann *gulp* those guys are published writers. I'm just a lowly fanfic writer. [face_blush]

Padawan Travina Thanks, PT! But what is this deal he wants to make Obi??Please not to have him fight in the ring..PLEASE?? Glabrio just wants Obi-Wan to work in his spice shop so he'll bring in more customers with that gorgeous face of his and, possibly, do extra work as a bodyguard for Glabrio. However, Obi-Wan may not be out of the woods yet. He's just arrived in Rome and there may be others who have plans for the young Jedi. ;)

Flashbacca Thanks, FB! Yes, I must get Obi-Wan into a toga soon! I'm looking forward to that myself. [face_mischief]

Psycho Freak Thanks, PF!

Shanidl Thanks, Shanidl! BTW, quick question, are you going AU from the movie, or will this fit in with those events That's a good question. Initially, I wanted to stay tight with the movie, but I have a feeling I'm going to be straying from it a bit. Maybe even more than a bit.

The Fallen perhaps a Qui-Gon/"Ossian" confrontation in some arena is in the making, hmm? Anything's possible, but I don't think Obi-Wan's fate is to be a gladiator, but who knows? Only my Muse, I'm afraid. [face_mischief]

Sabe Again, it's a possibility. ;)

Padawan Kitara Thanks, PK!

Cascadia Thanks for the up. I'll have Ossian back as soon as I can. ;)

13. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Thanks for the info on Rome, Arwyn, and happy Thanksgiving! :D

14. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
  15. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Cascadia You're welcome, and hope you had a nice Thanksgiving too! :)

Sabe Thanks for the up, Sabe!

Well, I have a few things to do now that the festivities are over, so I'm not sure if I'll have an update today, but I'll see what I can do. For those who celebrated Thanksgiving, hope you had a great one, and for those who braved the crowds today for the Day after Thanksgiving sales, hope you found what you were looking for. :)

16. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
  17. Obis-Grl

Obis-Grl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Uppity up up!

18. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
  19. kikeriki

kikeriki Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Random up!

20. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Up and hoping for a toga clad Obi :D [face_drool] :D

21. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Hi everyone! And thanks, Sabe, Obis-Grl, Kikeriki, and Flashbacca for the ups! :)

Well, (heaving a big sigh) I'm going to have to stop saying that I'm going to get a post up, because my life is really in a tail-spin right now. Everytime I sit down to write, something comes up I must attend to right away, and now with my lay-off looming on the horizon, it's probably only going to get worse. :(

Therefore, I hope you all don't mind if my posts don't come as often as I had planned on them coming. Seriously, I'm thinking I may only get one post up a week for this fic. I hope that's okay, and I'm really sorry about this. I truly, truly, truly did not think I was going to get laid off, and now I have to scramble to find, not only a new job, but one that pays the same or close to what I'm currently making, or I'm going to be sinking into a financial morass. So, please, bear with me. I can't say when the next post will be, but keep your eye out for it. I'll do my best to get one up as soon as I can. :)

Thanks again! :D

22. kikeriki

kikeriki Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Unfortunately, we're all familiar with the fact that Real Life must come first. Just know that whenever a post comes up, we'll be ecstatically waiting to receive it - and my prayers are with you during this time! Bless you! :)

23. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Keep smiling :)

Sabe126

24. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    That's fine, Arwyn. We'll still be here when can update. :)

25. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I'll be waiting here, as well as your other stories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.