main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Strengths of ROTS

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth__Lobot, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    I love the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan music. The only thing ahead of it in my book is the Imperial March (believe it or not, Anakin vs Obi-Wan actually does have the iconic notes of The Imperial March in it)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

2. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005

I have seen a security hologram of him...

...voting for Donald Trump.

Sorry.

This is an awesome thread. I'll make a more serious reply later.

Valairy Scot and Deliveranze like this.
  3. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    [face_laugh] 10/10

Cryogenic likes this.
  4. Cael-Fenton

Cael-Fenton Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2006
    I love his delivery in that scene, especially when Obi-Wan shows up. The dynamic between them I find so much more human -- in the sense of 'relatable', though I like Anakin/Padmé for different reasons. Obi-Wan and Anakin are dramatic and gripping in the way of 'life is stranger than art'.

Quoting Cryogenic again --
    Going into specific lines:

"You brought him here to kill me!"
    I love how Hayden combined Vadence with such audible hurt and vulnerability. What he communicates here, under the words, is addressed as much to Obi-Wan as to Padmé.

"You will not take her from me!"
    The juvenile, one almost wants to say three-year-old's, phrasing here is very deliberate, I think, and the delivery reflects that. Vader tries to sound menacing, but comes off like a child with...separation anxiety? What light it casts on Lord Vader of the latter years, the Emperor's enforcer! Most crucially, the effect to me is to make him sound quite powerless and ineffectual vis a vis Obi-Wan. A truly formidable enemy, a peer, would not make such threats, phrased quite like that. As soon as Obi-Wan shows up, Vader becomes the rebellious-but-still-living-at-home son.

It's much the same I get from
    "Don't lecture me Obi-Wan; I see through the lies of the Jedi."
    The delivery there, not Vaderish at all, hearkens back to the nine-year-old who left everything he knew to be Obi-Wan's student; to stand at his elbow asking "What will happen to me now?" The undertone of 'trying to convince himself' in that line is heartbreaking. Every time I listen to it, I get the same visceral twist in the gut: those lies were once what you always dreamed of, Anakin. The dream of your life is a lie? That's no small tragedy in those words. So I don't really hear finality in it, or that he's done listening, but in fact a subtle bereavement...he's mourning for himself really.

5. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    I think most people watch it and miss it and think Hayden's acting is wooden.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I also must say that the acting is the best in ROTS and I like the acting in the two other movies.