main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.
  3. 2017 Fan Fiction Awards - Nominations

Before - Legends ~ Strictly Business ~, Short Story, Leila /Jango Series 1, completed 8/6

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MsLanna, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Nobody in my stories cares much, Vadey. They're all convinced [face_money_eyes] As following srtories will show. Who's going to sell whom, though, that's gonna be tricky.;)
    [:D] For steady support. Cookies and tea in the next story.

I know it's perfect, NiobeAsha, because I only steal from the best.[face_blush] Lanna? Points if you know from where I got it.;)
    [:D] For reading and commenting.

[:D] Lurkers. I saw you.;)

And the next one is up: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/27303322/p1/?0]Misconception[/link]
    Hop on over and read, I know you want to.:p

2. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Okay, getting started on this, here?s my reply for the first four posts.

I really like the opening description; I could definitely see Graden, Leila, and their surroundings in my mind?s eye.

Jango?s a Fett alright. :D I like their not-so-friendly partnership already.

And then a section like this shows that ol? Jango?s a person too. A very closed-off person, but human nonetheless. I liked the insight into his character.

How much could I make selling subscriptions to Entertaining Made Simple for the Busy Bounty Hunter? ;)

Not only is Jango written very realistically, your OC Leila is a very enjoyable POV character. Great work, Lanna! I?ll absolutely be back for the rest of the story. :D

3. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Returning for the rest of the fic?

I like the little interlude on hunters and prey. Very nicely done. =D=

Leila definitely thinks in terms of the bottom line. :p

At a certain point, I lost track of this review; I was just reading it, and enjoying. But it was all good stuff. The hit was played in such a simple understated way. ?Strictly Business? indeed. :D That final beat in Fett and Leila?s back-and-forth was great.

Excellent story, Lanna! Now on to number 2!

4. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Sorry, Face, I thought you'd use the 'edit' for the second part of the review, or I would have answered sooner. [face_blush]

I really like the opening description

Good, I like to drag the readers in right from the start. Graden was especially easy to realize. Guess he's an archetype.

I like writing Jango, I really do. And I'm happy you think I do a good job of it.:D
    How much fun would it be, if they liked each other? None. See, this is much better.

Bottom line.
    I had to look that up, but you're right, she's quite the mercenary.
    The last beat was stolen, though.[face_blush] It's one of the best lines ever and cannot be in stories too much.

understatment
    *gasp* :eek:
    You just revealed my fave writing style. Glad I managed to make it work.[face_dancing]

And don't worry about reading so much you forgot to review. I think that's a great compliment.
    [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.