Pittsburgh, PA Strike Force Bowling League - Week 3 Scores

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Fluke_Groundrunner, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Here are everyone's Lanes of Choice so far:

dlocke
    Mt. Lebanon

Greencat
    North Versailles
    Lokay Lanes (Monroeville)
    Funfest (near Fox Chapel)
    Brunswick (near Jahines I think)
    Noble (off of 279 south)

Administrator Emeritus
    Noble Manor
    Paradise (Nevil Island)

Anyone else interested?

2. dlocke Jedi Knight

star 1
    Unfortunately, my cousin lost his job and cant participate now. So i would be interested joining a team. But I cant do the early one. Im closest to Mt. Lebanon and Noble Manor sounds close. Isnt that in greentree?
  3. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    I called Noble Manor Lanes today and the adult league will only be Tuesdays at 6:30pm. Cost is $10.99 or $11.99 per week and starts the first week of October.

I will check a couple more options and let everyone know the details.
  4. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
  5. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I can do that one if we have enough people otherwise Paradise Bowl or Mt Lebanon.
  6. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Timewise, 6:30 PM would be good for me, but I think that dlocke said he couldn't make it that early . . .

7. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    The lanes at Funfest and Paradise only offer youth leagues.

Mt Lebanon's adult league is on Thursday nights at 9pm.

New Great Valley Lanes in North Versailles is whenever lanes are available.

North Versailles Lanes on Tuesday nights at 7pm. No teams.

Lokay Lanes in Monroeville on Sunday afternoon or (maybe) Tuesday nights. 2 people per team. Both adults or both children or both adult and child.

It sounds like these leagues are pretty lenient. Maybe we can bowl later at Noble Manor so dlocke can participate and the locations stays central. If I can get a 7pm start at Noble would you be interested dlocke?

8. dlocke Jedi Knight

star 1
    6:30 I definately cant make. I work till 5:30 in Plum. It takes me around an hour to get home. and I would definately need to shower and get ready. I can probably make 7:00, though I would be rushing around hardcore. I might be late. If at all possible 7:15 or 7:30 would be less chaotic for me. But if not, just be aware that I might be late.
  9. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Any new developements?
  10. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
  11. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Here is the deal with Noble Manor. There are 4 players per team. Pushing the time back would not work because we would be bowling against other teams, so 6:30 is the time we woul dhave to bowl. Right now the 4 players are myself, greencat, Rox, and dlocke with Ginger as the alternate. If dlocke can't bowl at that time then Ginger will be the fourth member of the team and my girlfriend Marie will be the alternate if someone can not bowl. I have looked into various other options but none of them have worked out.

I will let everyone know the exact price and starting date soon.
  12. dlocke Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ill find out if I can leave work early tuesdays. I really dont want to miss out on playing in the league. Ill try to find out today.
  13. dlocke Jedi Knight

star 1
    as of right now I am in. I asked work and they said it was alright for me to leave @ 5 on Tuesdays. Though, there is a slight chance I may be getting a new job. And if that is the case, I dont know the hours in which Ill be working. My interview is on Tuesday. So I should know something in the next few weeks about that if I have to bow out for some reason. Ill keep you posted.
  14. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    We're both stil interested so let us know what is going on Fluke.
  15. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Good news. Even though there are teams of 4, we can have as many or as few people enter the league as we want and the bowling alley will find others to fill extra spots with other people who don't have 4 players.

Bowling starts the first Tuesday in October, which is the 4th. Price options are:
    1. Regular package with Star Wars bowling ball $10.99 per week.
    2. Jedi Package with ball and posters and vader standee $21.99 per week

The bowling alley rep did not sound 100% certain on those prices, so they could change slightly. They already have since the last time we spoke.

As of right now we have 6 total players. If anyone else is interested in joining then let me know soon.
  16. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So do we each need to sign up in advance/pay in advance? If we want to get one of the bowling balls, how/when do we order them? Are the designs available on all weights or are different designs each a set weight?

17. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    I will check on that info as soon as I hear from a few others who might join.
  18. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    So what are the sign ups looking like? Are we going to draft teams if we have enough for two?
  19. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Sorry for the double post but since it's getting closer and I don't want to use a lane ball the first week....are we going to have ample time to get our balls before the league starts? I want to have my ball drilled and ready to go since I throw a finger tip ball.
  20. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Terry... As I understand it, you don't get your ball until the whole league is over for the year, and you don't get it unless you have perfect attendance. This makes sense I suppose since they don't want a bunch of people to show up for the first day, claim their ball, and then disappear off the face of the earth.

Thinks that makes sense,
    Yours Truly
  21. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Looks like I will be using a lane ball then. That sucks, oh well.
  22. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Perfect attendence?????? That's a bit of a challenge. [face_hypnotized]
  23. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    I think it's a safe bet that as long as you pay for each week it will be ok. If you can't make it and know in advance, you could probably bowl before hand and they will use your score.
  24. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    That's how it has been in most of the leagues' that I have ever bowled in. Fluke can you ask about the ball thing?
  25. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    I will check on it, but I am just waiting to hear back from a few others first. The person at the lanes in charge of the league is Jeremy. Feel free to call him. I just don't want to be the one Star Wars fan who keeps calling and asking questions. :-B
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.