Strong Enough (K/J - Sequel to "Not Strong Enough To Say No" Finished March 26th!! )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Max, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    Dec 2002

Disclaimer: It all belongs to George (Lucas, not my Leprechaun) & I just write for fun.

Author's Note: Ack! Somebody stop me, I'm writing a sequel! It's all your fault, people! You begged and begged and looks what happens *looks distressed* I go and write a sequel to my K/J fic! *sighs* Ah well, hopefully it'll turn out alright...
    Not Strong Enough To Say No that's the first one for those of you who haven't read it. And this one takes up where it left off.

And, of course, a huge thanks to DantanaSkywalker for her tips and for betaing this for me!

Strong Enough
    By Jade_Max

They didn't sleep. Their hearts pounded loudly in the sudden stillness of the room as their breathing returned to normal. A loose sheet covered the lovers as they lay contentedly in the silence.

He brushed her hair off her shoulders, spreading it out across his chest, as she lay curled about him. She sighed softly, her breath feathering across his still heated skin. "Kyp?"

He stared at the ceiling of his room, simply enjoying the feel of her body against his. "Yeah?"

She lifted her head slowly, sliding her hand up to the middle of his chest and using the back of it as a rest for her chin. He tilted his head, looking down at her. "Why me?"

"Why not you?" he replied, lifting his hand to gently trace the curve of her cheek. His whole body felt leaden, changed and rebuilt, from the passion she'd awakened. He felt complete for the first time in a long time.

She tilted her head at him, "I've been really rotten to you," her smile was faint, "And yet you stayed. Anything I did to make you leave, you just seemed to ignore it."

"I couldn't leave. I thought about it, but every time I tried I felt sick to my stomach. It hurt, physically, when I tried to walk away."

"Is that why you came back?"

He nodded, sitting up and dislodging her. He reached for his pants and slipped into them before he stood. He walked to the far side of his room before turning sharply and looking down at her. She'd pulled the sheet up to her chest, but was lying on her side, her head on her palm, her arm supporting it. She watched him, her brown eyes serious.

Kyp took a deep breath, shoving a hand into his hair as he thought of a good way to explain. Would she understand? Could she understand? His hand dropped to his side and he shook his head. "It's part of it. Have you any idea what it's like to be in the middle of a dogfight, ready to blow some skip away, and suddenly can't breath because something feels like it's missing? It's a momentary lapse, but something like that could get me killed alot sooner than I'd like. That's dangerous, you're dangerous, to my survival."

She sat up, dragging the sheet with her as she reached for her flight suit. "If that's the case then why'd you come back?"

He'd unintentionally insulted her. Great. That was just what he needed. He crossed the room, kneeling next to the bunk and looking up into her face. "I mean, that when I'm not fighting beside you, it's dangerous." He explained softly. "Jay, the other reason I came back was that Jag wasn't here. He wasn't around to occupy your time. I wanted you to have the chance to see me as something more."

"If you wanted so much, why didn't you just say something?" she demanded, pulling her clothing on and forcing him to move back or be stepped on. She pushed her arms into the fabric, getting them caught and having to stop to turn them right side out.

He took the opportunity to grab her shoulders and draw her complete attention. "You're being stubborn."

"I learned from the best."

"But why now? Do you regret what happened between us?"

"I..." she stopped, her shoulder slumping for a moment before she shook her head, meeting his gaze. "No, but I feel guilty. I shouldn't have done that to Jag."

"I'm sorry."

She shook her head, "It's not your fault, I shouldn't have... I could've..."

"Jaina."

She bit her lip,
  2. LadyMairead Jedi Master

star 4
    Oooh... *shivers* I'm so glad you wrote a sequel!

"I marked you." I take it he meant that in more ways than one. [face_mischief] Great post! Oh no, it's 11 here! Jade, you always keep me up past my bedtime... :p
  3. Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SHAKING SOME MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    that;'s, like, freaky and cool and
    aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh nnnnnneeeeeeeeeddddd mmmmmorrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    please please please now now now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Goddess, this so good and so horrible and what will happen with Jag and what's with Jaina and the not letting Kyp kiss her and GIVE ME MORE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    :D upping in honor of the boards being back :D
  5. Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Master

star 4
    you started already? Wow! I love it!

Jez
  6. Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    my 'goodnight' up :)
    NOT ENOUGH READERS... NOT ENOUGH POSTS NEED MORE BOTH!!!!!!!
  7. Deneveon Force Ghost

star 4
    Yay! A sequel. Always a good thing. :D

More please!!
  8. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    *chuckle* Thanks LM :) This is going to be rocky, to say the least.. and yes, Kyp meant that in more than one way. Lol, don't let me get you in trouble *laughs*

You'll find out what happens with Jag soon, Ksotf... but not tonight. I'm probably going to try and post once daily, but it might not happen, we'll see *grin* depends on how inspired I am, right? Thanks for the up!

Yup, started already. Thanks Jez!

lol, thanks Ksotf!

ooo Thank you Deneveon, welcome to my K/J experiment lol! Yes, it's still an experiment in my books! I should have more sometime tomorrow :)

9. Runaway_Shadow Jedi Master

star 4
    You wrote a sequel!!! *does extremely happy dance*

Very good, very good! More soon?
  10. Hail_Jaina Jedi Knight

star 2
    YOU WROTE A SEQUEL!!! YAY!! So good!! post more!!!
  11. Crimson_Sabre Jedi Master

star 4
    Here we go with another story. Off to a good start, as I expected, and, just out of curiosity, are these all written ahead of time and posted bit by bit or do you write and post as you go. I do the latter myself, and I was just wondering which you do. ;)
  12. rogue11lovesjag Jedi Master

star 4
  13. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Stupid boards went down last night so I couldn't respond after reading :mad:

Man what's up with them bickering? They must be in love ;)
  14. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    lol, Runaway_Shadow! Yup, sequel... and more soon!

Thanks Hail_Jaina! *grins*

lol, Crimson_Sabre! This isn't going to be a posting marathon like the last one (not unless I really can't get an idea out of my head) but to answer you question, I kind of post as I write (and as my Beta checks - when I have one) though I do sometimes write more than one scene at a a time. I find writing them and posting as I go is easier on me... unless I get carried away, then I might have two or three posts ready and just spread them out over a couple of days.

lol! Thanks rogue11lovesjag!

Thank you PadmeLeiaJaina! *grins* Yes, couples do bicker... but it's more because of Jaina's mind frame.. the next couple of posts should explain that very clearly.

And... On with the story!

Jaina stepped from Kyp's room and headed immediately for her own. Her thoughts were a mess. She was a mess. She'd cheated on Jag and even if she wasn't in love with him, it made her feel terrible. He didn't deserve that from her. He deserved better. He deserved someone who could love him and treat him honestly. She almost laughed. Put that way, she and Kyp deserved each other. She shook her head, keying open the door to her quarters and stepping inside. Infuriating man, but oh so passionate. A smile curved her lips. Kyp had shown her something she'd never experienced before. Her smile died immediately as she headed for her 'fresher. She needed a shower to wash off the grime from the battle and the remains of the passion between her and her former Master. Kyp Durron. Who would have thought? She shook her head, locking the door and stripping down to her underwear.

She left the flight suit in a heap on the floor as she flipped on the lights. She looked at herself critically in the mirror. The same brown eyes, a shade of Corellian brandy, the same straight brown hair, yet there was something more now. A smile played about her lips, but died just as quickly as it came. Methodically she checked her body for other marks. She had one where her shoulder met her neck and wearing a different style of flight suit would cover it. There were two more. One behind her left ear, easily concealed by her hair and one on her right wrist. She shook her head. She couldn't allow that to happen anymore.

With Jag she'd always been careful, pulling him away before he could mark her, but she'd been unable to move under Kyp's touch. Or rather, she moved too much and had been swept away by it. She fought off the images in her mind, the glint of the chain around her neck finally drawing her attention. She lifted the ring in her hand, cradling it in her palm. It wasn't much, just a simple gold band, but it had "J&J" engraved on it. She carefully removed the chain and hung it on the corner of the mirror. She had to give it back. And she was going to break his heart.

She showered quickly, enjoying the small luxury of water she was allowed as a 'Goddess'. She stepped from the stall several minutes later, wrapping herself in the towel. She wrapped it around herself and tossed her head, grabbing a second one to squeeze the water from her hair. Leaving the bathroom, and the chain hanging on the mirror she opened the door. Her eyes widened and she quickly slammed the door shut. Jag! He'd been turning towards her when she'd opened the door, having let himself in. She swallowed hard. She couldn't let him find out by seeing the marks on her. She leaned against the door, closing her eyes. How could she tell him to leave?

"Jaina?" His muffled voice came through the door. "Is everything alright?"

She took a deep breath. "Yeah, I just didn't bring a change of clothes in with me. Could you grab me something?"

She heard him rummaging around before he stopped outside. "It's nothing I haven't seen before." He told her easily. She closed her eyes. He was right of course, her sudden reluctance to change in front of him had to be a little strange.

"I'm sorry, I just..."

"Don't apologize, everyone ne
  15. Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh dear, poor JAina and... poor Jag. Oh my i can't believe i said that.

Jez
  16. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    *laughs* the fact that you did, Jez, means I accomplished my goal! I'm not going for a "Jag's the bad guy" story... I'm going for a "Jag's the innocent bystandard" kind of story. He didn't expect it, didn't have an inkling it was coming, and suddenly bam! This. So yes... you're supposed to feel sorry for him!
  17. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
  18. Crimson_Sabre Jedi Master

star 4
    Screw Jag! [face_laugh] [face_devil]

Once a Jag hater, always a Jag hater here. I might be the biggest Jag hater on the boards. If it was anybody, and I mean ANYBODY else, I would feel bad. However, when you hate a character, you just plain hate him; no way around it.

Can't wait to see what happens next!
  19. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Crimson

LOL! You're too funny! :p

Poor Jaina- feeling teh size of an insignificant bug is never fun. But hey, what's done is done.

Now she can stop feeling guilty and go back to her Master and show him who's boss! [face_love]
  20. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    Hahahahahaha! LMAO! I'd hate to be your Enemy, CS *laughs* Still, yes, I figure Jaina has something of a conscience. Lying to Jag is bad enough, cheating on him makes her feel worse, no matter the reason. Jag is supposedly her friend too *laughs* I'd feel bad if I did that to a friend of mine!

lol, PadmeLeiaJaina! Seriously, Jaina's more messed up than you think, so yeah, no K/J yet, the next post will be all Jaina, and then we get some K/J *grin* but I have to go write them... yes... write them *laughs*

First I work on "From Scratch" though, then this one again *grin*

21. JainaJediQueen Jedi Master

star 4
  22. LadyMairead Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh no, poor Jag. :( He's really not a bad guy... Great emotions from Jaina. Good post! :D
  23. Crimson_Sabre Jedi Master

star 4
    He's really not a bad guy...

Lol, sure and Kyp Durron isn't a Force-user. [face_laugh] If he'd stay away from Jaina in the books, and go home to daddy, I might only hate him a little, but since he annoys Kyp, he annoys me too.
  24. SoraJade Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel!
    Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel!

YEAH FOR SEQUELS!

SJ
  25. bobilll Jedi Master

star 4
    YOU WROTE A SEQUEL!!!!! YAY!!!! And so fast, too!

On the other hand, it feels like I can't even go to school without so many people posting! But finally, I'm caught up!

Now... Wow, Jaina's got a lot of marks! She must REALLY be in love! I'm glad she told Jag the truth right away... though, I wonder how he will react at the news of Kyp.

I take it this fic will be more from Jaina's point of veiw, because of Jag.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.