main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Strong Enough (K/J - Sequel to "Not Strong Enough To Say No" Finished March 26th!! )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Max, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Oooo more readers *Grins*

Sorry JJQ!!

lol, LM! Not a bad guy, I agree, but he's getting royally shafted (Am I allowed to say that? Hmmm...) so yeah, Jaina's got a conscience in this story lol!

*snicker* CS, you're funny :p Of course he annoys you... you're a Kyp fan :p

LOL! SoraJade, I'm glad to make you happy, thanks!

*laughs* yeah, I got somewhat inspired, bobill... We're not out of the woods with Jag yet, though... still more to come and it'll be Rocky with Jaina and Kyp for a bit.. which will be fun... and you're right, this will focus alot on Jaina, but not completely. Kyp will have his moments too.

Alrighty, maybe I might have something more up tonight *laughs* we'll see.

2. Crimson_Sabre

Crimson_Sabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 2002
    Yeah, I'd hate to be my enemy too, but I don't have many of those [face_devil], but I have a question for ya...

So, you say that you have a leprechaun named George? Well, I want to know one thing: How'd you catch the little devil? I've always wanted one for a pet and so that my cat has something to do when I'm not home and it's too cold outside for the cat to go out. I want my own little green guy. Also, he'd be great for my brothers' show and tell. Also, ever notice how most of the time Leprechauns are referred to as men? How do you get little Leprechauns if they're all men???

And it also says you write for fun. In that case, I like when you have fun. ;)

3. RangerPrincess

RangerPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002

Heartbreaking. :( Oh, well its better as K/J ;) Great post.

4. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Awww....that was so sad!!!! :_| :_|

Poor Jag. Damn how you make me like Kyp Durron for Jaina here.

NO, I AM NOT CONVERTING!!

*stands with her arms crossed looking around at K/Jers staring at her*

Er....well, I'm NOT!

I think??

~Rogue

5. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    LOL Crimson_Sabre *laughs* How do you 'catch' a leprechaun? you don't. They come to you... in fact, George has been around for going on twelve years *pets the little green invisible man sitting on her shoulder* and my family's used to my one-sided conversations *grin* He's a know-it-all, though, so I dunno if you'd want one. Invisible creatures aren't really alot of fun to play with. I'm sure there are reasons magical creatures don't pro-create lol! Just *poof* and there are more! And yes, I write for fun, it's my hobby *evil grin* most people like Jade having fun, it means they have something to read lol!

Awww, I'm sorry RangerPrincess... It gets worse before it gets batter... And then Kyp gets to harass Jaina *snicker* don't mind me, I have something planned already.

lol rogue11lovesjag! *laughs* I'm sorry! Honest! I'm not trying to convert you either, I'm just writing a story *grin* and enjoying myself!

*grins* thanks guys... I should have the next part up tomorrow.

6. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Ooooo lookie what Jade has... a post? Me? Never....

Jaina returned to her room after the debriefing with the General and his staff. Their mission had mostly been a success, but now she had two new pilots to train, but no Jag to help her. She was in no mood to join the other pilots in the officer's mess for drinks; she wasn't expected to anyway. And she didn't want to search out Kyp. He'd been absent from the debriefing and she'd allowed it. She was in no mood to deal with him, not after the unexpected confrontation with Jag. She locked her door behind her and shed her shirt, hitting the lights as she did. The glint of the chain sitting on her bedside table caught her attention and she stepped up to it, dropping the shirt on the end of her bed. There was a datarod sitting next to it that hadn't been there before. She frowned, picking it up and turning it over in her hands.

She knew without looking it was from Jag. Shedding her pants, she pulled on the long shirt she used to sleep in and curled up on her bed. Why would Jag leave her a datarod? Had he written her to say goodbye? Or maybe to urge her to think it over before she made her decision? She reached for the datapad she left on the bedside table and removed the rod already inside it. With a decisive movement she slid the new one in and clicked on the power. Making sure it was scrolled to the top, she read the brief message, and her spirits plummeted.

Jaina,

I can't help but feel your actions and words today were hasty. I'll be gone for a week, when I get back, we have to sit down together and talk about this. Are you sure this is what you want?

I have to keep this short. Think about it.

Jagged.

She closed her eyes, gripping the datapad firmly in her hands and wanting to break it. Wasn't it bad enough she felt like the lowest life-form for cheating on him? Did he have to drag this out, to give her time to 'cool' off? She lay back against her pillow and opened her eyes to stare at the ceiling. What if he was right though? What if she had made a hasty decision? She thought of Kyp and her heart skipped a beat. No, she hadn't. She could already feel the excitement starting to run through her blood at the thought of their next meeting. Be it on the flight deck, in the off duty lounge or in his quarters. Or hers. Any activity with him was full of energy. For a man 16 years older than she was, he was certainly virile. She frowned. Should that age gap bother her? Sure, her parents had a larger one between them of what... twenty years? Eighteen years? It didn't bother them, why should it bother her?

She sighed, tossing the datapad back on the table before rolling onto her stomach and hugging her pillow. She was so confused. Jag was everything she admired, she thought she wanted in a husband. Reliable, steadfast, solid. He was someone she could lean on. They had enough of the same interests that they could talk for hours, especially about spacecraft. Her lips curved into a smile. Jag was a well of knowledge about spacecraft. But nowhere in that list did she include passion. He was an amazing pilot and he had a passion for flying, her ego liked to think he was passionate about her, but she knew it wasn't the truth. Jag wasn't inclined to passion. He was a man very in control of himself and his emotions. Passion probably wasn't in his vocabulary.

She felt guilty for thinking it. Jag was a good friend, or he had been, and a skilled lover. Very considerate, always controlled, making sure she was pleased. But being pleased wasn't enough. Oh no, Kyp was Jag's polar opposite. He demanded everything, drawing responses from her unwillingly and making her beg for more. But that wasn't enough, he wanted the same for himself and demanded it. She'd been powerless, and unwilling, to resist. Where Jag had been tender, Kyp was passionate. Jag was control, and Kyp was fire. She buried her face in her pillow. Comparing the men was unfair. As polar opposites she couldn't really be

7. Angel_9

Angel_9 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    This is one Kick Hutt story.

anyway i just thought i would tell you that i am here on the boards and let you know that i'm ready to write that story we talked about.

Peace
    --the Kid

8. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    *hops* You're here!!! Oh gosh, *dances around* yes! yes yes yes!

*grins* Glad you like it, it's my second (sequel, as the title says) foray into the twisted minds of the Kyp & Jaina we all know and love lol!

Careful, the boards are addicting, Kid! :D

Edit: Oh, and did I mention this is -strictly- character development/insight? *snicker* I think I should add a battle or something that's physical rather than internal *shakes her head and wails mournfully* action scenes... I hate writing action scenes!

9. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Wowies. Coolies. :D

I love it how you got into Jaina's head like that. Awesome.

10. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Thanks Deneveon! I was a little iffy about that post since it's strictly focused on Jaina but I'm rather pleased with how it came out...

The next post will have Kyp & Jaina again.. though we'll see how badly I mangle them lol.

11. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Kyp and Jaina! Yes! :D

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Ok I'm a dork. I didn't see the new post! :eek:

GAHHHH!!!!

Very good- I'm glad Jaina is admitting and going to back away and change her mind. Poor Kyp- stupid Jag's gonna force them to wait a week for more nookies. :mad:

13. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    This fic just gives me chills it's sooooo good. I'm really impressed. Can't wait for the next post!
    Anna

14. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    lol Deneveon! :)

Lol PadmeLeiaJaina! *laughs* It's alright, the next post is going to be huge so you won't have a chance to miss it lol! *laughs* You feel sorry for Kyp? lol! Ok then!

*blushes* Thank you SpacedOutAnna!

Now the questions is to post or not to post.... the next one is huge and er.. yeah... it's all I've got for the moment... readers?

*tick tock tick tock*

To post or not to post... that is the question...

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    POST NOW!!!!!!!

Is that an emphatic of enough response for you? ?[face_plain]

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

16. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Lmao! But but... where are the italics?! and the underline?! *sniff* I feel so unloved!!

lol, just kidding *grin*

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    POST NOW!!!!

Ahem, how about that?

Yeah gads- I now know how my readers feel. More please? :D

18. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Ack! Technicolor!! Make it stop, make it stop! I promise I'll post if you promise never to use such offensive colors again! *laughs*

LOL, now you know how your readers feel? lol! a good lesson for everyone to learn *laughs*

19. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Bah, I'm spineless... I want everyone opinions anyway... but I'll warn you, it stretches over 3 and some odd pages in my word program, so it's long!

Oh and don't expect more than one post a day in this story after this lol! This will be a rare occurance *laughs*

Kyp found her the next morning, eating alone, in the officer's lounge. Jag was suspiciously absent and nowhere to be seen. He crossed the room, taking a seat across from her. She didn't even look up. "I'd like to be alone."

"Too bad, Goddess, deities don't get time alone." He sat forward, dropping his tone so that the two other people in the room wouldn't catch his words. "What's wrong?" She lifted her head, and he caught the sheen of tears, her brown eyes miserable. He was immediately concerned. "Jay?"

She shook her head, blinking away the moisture. "I'd like to be alone, Kyp. Please?"

"Like this?" he glanced towards the other people in the room, "Not a chance. I'm still your friend... well, sort of. Did you talk to him?"

She pushed away from the table, getting to her feet, "I said I wanted to be left alone Durron. Back off."

Kyp leaned back in his chair, looking up at her. "Whatever you desire your Greatness."

She grabbed her tray and marched across the room, sitting herself by the main viewport. He watched her. Tracing the lines of her face, admiring her profile, yet he could feel the sadness emanating from her. Had she spoken to Jag? He hoped so, but if she had, why was she so sad? Shouldn't she be thrilled she'd managed to escape without making the worst mistake of her life? Or was she regretting it after having a night to reflect? Confusion was warring with sadness and he pushed himself to his feet. The hell with leaving her alone, he couldn't sit idle while she was fighting herself; he'd get her into a screaming match if he had to. Anything to get a response.

Crossing the room, he slapped his hands down on the table. "I want to talk to you."

"I told you to leave me alone!" she hissed.

He smirked. "Too bad, you just have to deal with me, Goddess. In private. Unless you'd like to speak with me here." He pointedly eyed the two officers who were listening discreetly to their conversation.

She glared at him, but he didn't budge. If she wanted him gone, she would have to walk away. But she couldn't. She'd dressed in the clothes Jag had chosen for her the night before and was regretting it as she stood. She didn't need reminders of Kyp; he was impossible to forget. "Fine. Five minutes." She brushed past him heading for an adjoining room. Close on her heels, Kyp closed the door as he stepped inside and leaned against it. She rounded on him. "Spit it out."

He crossed his feet at the ankles, looking her up and down. "You look good in my colors."

He face flushed red as the look in his eyes said she'd look better out of them. "What did I tell you, Kyp?"

"I simply gave you a compliment. Don't be reading too much into it, Goddess."

She glared at him. "You're infuriating. What do you want?"

He smirked but said nothing. She began to pace, "Ok, bad choice of words. Your five minutes are going by fast, I'd start talking if I were you."

"Good thing you're not, then. Did you talk to him?"

She stopped, facing him, and crossed her arms over her chest. "That's my business."

"What?" he said incredulously. "I think it's more than just yours."

"Back off, Kyp." She cautioned, "I'm spoiling for a fight."

"I can see that, I'm not blind. Yet. I just want a yes or no, Jaina. Did you talk to him?"

She nodded. "I did. Don't ask me what he said because he didn't say anything. I hurt him, Kyp. Badly. He deserves better than this."

"Than what? An ex-fiancée who can't make up her mind?"

She lunged forward, her hand aiming for the side of his face, but she never got close. Kyp caught her wrist in one hand, spreading it wide, catching the other as she tried to free herself and then forced them behind her back, dragging her flush against him. "Am I wro

20. Robiwankenobi

Robiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    Yes yes, to PadmeLeiaJaina you listen! Must have post. But try as you like, you'll never make me feel sorry for Jag. This is good though. :D

Edit: Never mind, post is up. *Runs off to read.*

21. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    great post!

Jez

22. Robiwankenobi

Robiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    MOOD SWINGS!!!!THE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE MOOD SWINGS!!!! NOOOOO!!!

Oh sorry, That just brought back some disturbing memories. Anyways, great post, and great dialouge. Do I remember reading somewhere that you don't like writing dialouge? Well don't think that way, cause you're good at it. :D

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    OK that dialogue felt like a Hepburn/Tracey movie! :D Right out of the Han and Leia play by play book. Fabulous!!!! :) :)

I loved Kyp wigging out over her moodswings. Intergalactic PMS is a pain, isn't it? [face_laugh]

Only 1 post a day, maybe??? :_|

Oh alright. I can wait. :D

24. JainaJediQueen

JainaJediQueen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh dear! I hope they both come back from the fight alright. I wonder what Han's gonna have to say about Kyp and Jaina...hmmm does anyone else sense an overprotective Corellian father moment coming up?

~*~The Queen~*~

25. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    LOL Robiwankenobi! *laughs* To her I listen, eh? Well, I obviously did *laughs* and I'll never make you feel sorry for Jag? *perks up* was that a challenge I just heard? was it?!

Thanks Jez!

Yes, mood swings, Robiwankenobi, but only because she's more confused than angry or hurt. And those are a good way to cover confusion, not that it would fool Kyp, right? *laughs* and yes, I did say I don't like writing dialogue. I'm a firm believer that dialogue is unnecessary lol! That and I honestly thing I'm better with the confusing emotions/thoughts posts.. but that's just me. *blushes* Thanks though, a good way to boost that flagging confidence:)

lol, PadmeLeiaJaina! From the H/L play by play, eh? *grins* that's quite the compliment! *laughs* and yes that PMS is a pain *snicker* or would be if that was the case lol! And yes, 1 post a day, since I send them to Dana for her to check over first. :)

Lmao JJQ! Actually what I have in store for Han is something a little different *grins* but you'll have to wait for that. And I think it's a given they'll come back from the fight alright, otherwise I'd have no main characters lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.