main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Strong Enough (K/J - Sequel to "Not Strong Enough To Say No" Finished March 26th!! )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Max, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaJediQueen

JainaJediQueen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    well...you could have one of them mourning for the loss of the other.

~*~The Queen~*~

2. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    yeah, but where's the fun in that? Other than making one of them go AWOL? I mean, come on, to find something only to lose it the next day? Not even 12 hours later? That would -really- blow. And I'd never do that to my characters... they must live to suffer! *muahahahaha*

Edit: Besides, that'd be an easy way out at this point...

Oh oh, should I do a space battle? comments people?

3. Crimson_Sabre

Crimson_Sabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 2002
    Thank you, Robiwankenobi. You, also, will never, ever feel bad for Jag. There's simply nothing good about him.

Also, mood swings?... *NOT another story where she's pregnant - there's plenty of them already* If someone has to be pregnant, make it be Kyp!! [face_devil]

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    If someone has to be pregnant, make it be Kyp!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ROTFLMAO!!!

What? Kyp? Don't you mean Jag? He is 1/2 alien afterall?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

5. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    She's -not- pregnant! Good lord, I'm not that cliché! I'm sorry, but it takes more than one night with Kyp *snicker* I have no intention of making Jaina (or Kyp! LOL) pregnant. end of discussion :p

Seriously though CS, she's very confused, it's the only reason her emotions are haywire... trust me, I know what it's like to go from one extreem to the other in 2 seconds from being confused... Write what you know and it comes across believably, right? Besides, there are more reasons to be mood-swingish than just a hormone imbalance!

Nothing I could write that would make you feel remotely sorry for Jag? Damn, that does sound like a challenge! He's already lost his girl, what more do you want? :p

6. Crimson_Sabre

Aug 20, 2002
    Well, let's see, would I feel bad for Jag if Jag...

- Dies, Then I celebrate.

- Gets paralyzed, I'm celebrate that it wasn't Kyp.

- Gets an arm or leg cut off, I celebrate because it's Jag, and because he deserves it. He's obviously used a certain extremity on Jaina quite a few times, eh? Kyp needs to get even with him. ANYONE else I would feel very sorry for if they lose an arm or a leg.

- Gets executed, I laugh and ask about the method of execution.

- Gets together with Kyp, I laugh and feel really sorry for Kyp, and call the author a pervert.

- Gets together with Jaina, I say "LUCKY SON OF A (Fill in the rest)" and curse Aaron Allston (Long story made short: I really don't like the guy).

- becomes a Sith, I'd be stuck at a dilemma: Do I root for Jag or Corran if they fought each other.

- becomes a Jedi, I'd hold my head in my hands and say, "Why, God, why?"

So, in short, I HATE JAG FEL... FOREVER! :mad: 110% K/J [face_love] and 120% Anti-Fel [face_devil] - I should put that in my sig...

Loved that post, BTW. It's so like the two to constantly fight, even when they're on the same side or in love. What can I say, would that be an enjoyable pair or what? Compared that match to J/J: Stiffler and The Princess. Although, in American Pie, Stiffler is really funny and really cool.

7. Crimson_Sabre

Aug 20, 2002
    Hey, I just noticed something on the last page, Rogue11LovesJag Doesn't really love Jag after all! Hey, who in this story does that sound like?

Rogue, it's never too late to come to our (K/Jers) side because all you have to do is look deep enough to see that Kyp is a much better and more likeable character because he has 1) emotions, 2) a rough life in the past, and 3) a heart! He's took the rejection in RS very well, don't you think? Personally, I think he should've left Twin Suns, but oh well, he didn't. Did Jag take it very well in this story? NOO! What an arrogant loser to figure that his girlfriend was just temporarily crazy and not thinking things out straight instead of accepting the fact like everyone's favorite Jedi Master did in Mr. Allston's ( :mad: ) books, Rebel Dream and Rebel Stand. BTW, those were my absolute two least favorite books, period.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Kyp is a much better and more likeable character because he has 1) emotions, 2) a rough life in the past, and 3) a heart!

Yes and hummmm... who else does that sound like in the SW world of Jedis? Hummmmmmmm..... oh yes a particular hottie who turns evil, Anakin Skywalker! Kyp's just about as close as you can get to Ani- he's conflicted, full of pain and remorse. Yet he's also a wiseass like Han. And he's got those amazing green eyes. Meow! [face_love]

(Course this is also coming from someone who doesn't read the NJO books and only reads fanfics! :eek: So what do I know?)

9. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    See, Crimson_Sabre, I like Kyp, really I do. Just not for Jaina. I think Jag needs to be with Jaina. That's my personal opinion. But all those things you mentioned about Kyp is what makes him so interesting, and quite frankly, I don't think that Jaina has the experience and depth to deal with Kyp. Yes, she's been through a lot, but not nearly as much as he has. That's why I always keep Jaina with Jag in my fic...and why I'm putting Anja Gallendro, who I think does have that depth, with Kyp instead...or at least, it will get there eventually.

Of course, having Anja and Kyp fighting all the time makes for some really good one liners, too.

~Rogue

10. Crimson_Sabre

Aug 20, 2002
    *shakes head* Sticking Kyp with Anja Gallandro is a J/Jers subtle way to get him out of the way. Kyp should either get w/ Jaina or go DS so there could be another Sith after the NJO, cuz a Sith Kyp would rock. [face_devil]

11. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    LMAO Crimson_Sabre! Oh lord, you're funny :D But you make a scary amount of sense.. glad you liked the last post, those two are very... er.. hot together *grins* And leave rogue11lovesjag alone :p She puts out a very good point that Jaina may or may not have the maturity to deal with Kyp... not that that wouldn't change in the future, but we'll see... Actually it's one of the things I'm trying to get across in my story; she may have been through much but she's still young enough to be missing experience.

LOL PLJ! Good comparison :D

Good point rogue11lovesjag, I just... I dunno, I don't like Anja *shrug* but good points about why you think Jaina's better with Jag. You'll see me playing with Jaina's thought process alot in this story as she struggles with it, trust me :D

LOL CS, you're terrible :p 'course DS Kyp would be fun :D *evil grin*

12. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Ok, news...

I probably won't be around this weekend to post, so yeah, expect something next Monday and not this weekend.

Sorry, things to do, Christmas shopping to finish etc etc...

13. Crimson_Sabre

Aug 20, 2002
    Seriously, Is Experience the ONLY point you, the J/Jers, can make against K/J? Is it the best point you can make against K/J? Come on, and do better than that. Consistantly, we, the K/Jers, make point after point of why Kyp is a better, more dynamic, and better matching character for Jaina, and yet, the only response I, in particular get, is the argument that Kyp is too old for Jaina or Kyp is too crazy and too much like a Sith for Jaina. Please, anybody, show me where I'm wrong, and give me just ONE reason of why Jag is a good character. Can't do it? It's because Jag's NOT A GOOD CHARACTER!

BTW, make sure your weekend is fun-filled and action packed. ;)

14. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    *sighs* CS, when you posted the same challenge on anna's thread i left behind 5-8 points in jag's favor. you never read them. i did however, have a nice discussion/debate with another k/j'er. i'm not going to repeat myself so if you want to know my reasons you can go to "Ripples In the Force" by anna.

and i love kyp to death as a character, just not with jaina. they're too close in personalities. they'd drive each other nuts before they dated for two months.

<shrugs> but then again, i'm young, naive and totaly inexperienced when it comes to romance. i could (and probably am) wrong.

great job (as usual) JM! :)

~TJF

15. Jaya_Jade_Durron

Jaya_Jade_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    Jade Max,
    first of all, thank u so much for writeing a seguel and secound o my gosh this is so great i am loveing ever minte of it, once again i felt like i was in the room with them, u do such a great job at drawing poeple into your stories or at lest u do with me. i must say that i think this is just as good if not better then your first one, keep up the good work and please please please please please let us have another postie soon please please. thanks again.
    Jaya Jade.

16. RangerPrincess

RangerPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002

The sequel is looking great so far. :D That was a great post. Poor Jaina, being so confused. But heh, it was to be expected.

17. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    [warning voice] chris, be nice. don't scare the j/jers away. [/warning voice]

Have a great weekend Jade!

Jez

18. Crimson_Sabre

Aug 20, 2002
    I don't understand. What have I done to scare them away? I asked a question, that's it. I didn't say anything derogotory towards them. I only slammed Jag, himself. I mean, if people are offended when they're asked questions, I'd hate to see what they're like during job interviews.

For some reason, a lot of the J/J fans like Kyp. In fact, they like him more than Jag, but they don't want him with Jaina. Many K/Jers, on the other hand, absolutely despise Jag because we see what an idiot he really is. How hard can it be to understand? If you want Kyp to stay in the NJO, he has to marry into the Skywalker/Solo family otherwise he'll just disappear from the novels for awhile. The unwritten rule is that unless you're a member of the S/S family, you eventually WILL leave the series. And even if you don't, your role will be diminished severely. For example, the number of scenes Kyp was in decreased big time from Rebel Stand to Destiny's Way, yet, the J/Jers who 'like' Kyp still refuse to accept Kyp as someone having a romantic type role. This just in: When a person gives you a choice of Box A (Kyp staying in NJO w/ Jaina) and Box B (No K/J, No Kyp, Period after NJO), you can't take part of each A and B and put them together. Life doesn't work that way.

PLZ, take this into consideration.

19. Crimson_Sabre

Aug 20, 2002
    TJF

*chuckle* i don't mind if you "rant" at me...as long as you explain your arguments logically. thanks for doing that. sometimes when i 'debate' with k/j'ers, they say something like:

jag fel sucks

if you ask them why, they say:

because he's not as good as kyp or kyp's better

First off, I consistantly make point after point after point of why Kyp is the better character. Just ask Aeryn_Sun. She even admitted that my arguments are 'wonderful' and I, being the egotist that I am, agreed with her that I do make wonderful arguments. Granted, I couldn't convert her, but that wasn't the point of the discussion in the first place. We eventually started talking about Obi-wan and so the story goes. Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Do I say Jag Fel sucks? You betcha. Is Kyp better? You betcha. Also, you're absolutely correct, I don't agree with any of the reasons you gave, and I will answer them tomorrow on this thread. However, until then, have a good night and rest up because you'll need your brain to think fast and furious to help your boy Jag out tomorrow.

I WILL comment on one of the reasons he's a 'good' character to you.

He has a bit of a dry sense of humor. You said that or something to that extent.

FYI, I DID read the Jag parts, just to see if Kyp was gonna beat the crap out of that guy, and give him what he deserves. It never happened, though...

Problem #1: That's an INSULT, not a compliment!

Problem #2: His best joke is that stupid 'biologic predisposition' joke. Wow, that was so funny. I almost cracked a slight grin.
    Just imagine, if Jag went to college, he'd probably have bricks for roommates. Why? Because, in the SW galaxy, I bet they stick the same species together!

Problem #3: Even Jaina didn't laugh at that 'biologic predisposition' joke. And she's the ONLY one who thinks he the slightest bit funny. Even Jacen calls Jag 'stuck up' in Destiny's Way and Jacen is a fellow brick with his new "The Force is everything, and no one's right about it," attitude. Kyp was probably mentally rolling his eyes and thinking, "Here we go again."

Problem #4: If you want to see a real sense of humor, read about Han. Now that guy is funny.

JSD!! Help a fellow K/Jer out here. I saw you were sticking up for the cause in SpacedOutAnna's thread, so join me and we'll defeat this J/J threat in this thread. All other K/Jers can join in too, but unfortunately, they don't like when I get confrontational sometimes.

20. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    *chuckle* jeez chris, you make me sound like a shimraa or something! what jez might have been tryng to say was: don't offend j/j'ers so that they'll keep reading, thus be more likely to be converted ;)

and i just had a thought...we shouldn't be debating on JM's thread. if you want to continue it, go to one of mine. seriously, just show up. most of my readers are k/j anyway so you'll have plenty of support to "defeat this j/j threat"

i'm fourteen and i'm a threat! [face_laugh]

~TJF

21. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    crimson...seriously...come read my story. i wasn't going to have kyp with jaina, so it was either lots of angst on my thread for him, or i could get him with somebody. personally, i think jag doesn't have much of a personality in the NJO, and that's half of what drives us J/Jers crazy...because he doesn't, and we want to see that fixed.

~Rogue

22. Crimson_Sabre

Aug 20, 2002
    TJF: Yes, as long as there are J/Jers out there, I will also be out there, trying to let them see the light.

Unfortunately, it's next to impossible to turn them K/J, so it really doesn't matter if I 'offend' J/Jers or not. I didn't even mean to offend people, for goodness sakes! I made some logical points which J/Jers, all too often, have no good answer for. I mean, try turning me J/J. Have fun, cuz I'll be laughing right through every attempt. And when I said "J/J threat", that was meant to be sarcastic, if you didn't know. There will ALWAYS be more J/Jers than K/Jers unless the real books turn K/J (not likely, but the fire hasn't been totally buried yet).

Rogue: Seriously, no. I read this many fics that don't have Kyp or Obi-wan Kenobi in them as a role I'd like to see them play: 0. And Personally, I like seeing Kyp suffer sometimes because then people will feel a bad about it, and he might become a Sith Lord from all of his misery, and, yes, that is the easy way out. But, hey, it works. That's something I'd love to see in the books, if K/J will never happen. We haven't seen a Sith in awhile, unless you consider Lord Nyax a Sith, and what's Star Wars without Sith? The Vong are iffy, but Sith are great enemies. Too bad Exar didn't stick around longer. They could've reincarnated him and he could've trained a Sith Academy... wow, I'd be infatuated.

IF there are any fics out there where Kyp gets infuriated at J/J and goes DS, I'd like to know because that'd be a sweet story.

23. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    IF there are any fics out there where Kyp gets infuriated at J/J and goes DS, I'd like to know because that'd be a sweet story.

:eek: don't even get my mind started! i already have two trilogies going on--i can't start another fic!

...though that would be a cool fic to write [face_devil] ...

<walks away muttering, "i WON'T write it, i WON'T write it, i WON'T..."

you get the idea :p

And when I said "J/J threat", that was meant to be sarcastic, if you didn't know.

lol! i did...don't worry...one of the few people who are more sarcastic than me is my dad. and that's iffy. [face_mischief]

~TJF

24. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Sheesh, I got referee for a couple hours and look what I come home to! *shakes her head*

You know, maybe I should just stop writing this story, if it's that controversial :p I was never into politics... *ponders locking the thread and leaving it as is*

CS, if you want to argue with J/Jers about Jag, fine. But do it one your own time and elsewhere, please, not in my thread. There are private messages for that kind of thing, or go debate in the Resource forum... maybe there you'd get your points across, and get some serious debate about this topic. Not that you don't get that here, but I'd really appreciate it if you didn't turn my thread into a "Kyp is God" kind of thread :p

Oh, and as for my weekend, it's just been shot to hell, I go in for X-rays on my ankle tomorrow, so yeah, thanks for the sentiment though!

Thank you TJF... I don't mind you sticking up for your POV, I just wish this debate hadn't started in the first place. :) If someone really wants me to I'll write a list of the characteristics of each character after careful research (which means reading) and -then- post it in the writer's forum. *shakes her head* Ah well... thanks!

anytime Jaya_Jade! things get interesting from here on in, so yeah... thanks for reading! :)

Exactly RangerPrincess! Confused people are fun :D Hence my reason for turning Jaina into one... the next post is going to be er... interesting, when I get it finished.

Thank you Jez, on both accounts :) I'll try and enjoy my weekend.

Ugh, can it CS, or start a thread for it, seriously. :p No offense, but I may like Kyp as a character, but the way you keep hammering on him is making me severly want to quit writing about him and Jaina, so just stop. Please!

Edit: I lost my inspiration... I think I'll go work on my J/Z thread or maybe my J/TK thread... they're more fun ATM.

25. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    *cringes* Sorry, Jade. We'll find someplace else to argue about this.

~Rogue

P.S.-How is your ankle?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.