main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Strong Enough (K/J - Sequel to "Not Strong Enough To Say No" Finished March 26th!! )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Max, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaya_Jade_Durron

Jaya_Jade_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    nice big up for this wonderful story.

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Oh man a couple weeks an no UP? :eek:

UPPPP!

3. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    ...it was finals week... Up NOW :D

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  5. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    PadmeLeiaJaina: Oh yes, I think we can all agree on that. ;)

This story needs to go up! up! UP!

6. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
  7. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Hey Jade_Max! Not a big K/J fan, but this is good! I'm a big fan of yours...just not a big poster. Loved all your J/TK stories.

oh one more thing...UPPPP!!!

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

8. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
  9. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Good post and MORE!!!

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Uppity do da! :D

11. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
  12. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    Oh, wow... :eek: :eek:

J_M, this story is amazing!! I love your Kyp so much. He's incredible. And this... well, all I can say is WOW. More soon, please? :)

13. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
  14. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Dana's getting the next post shortly... as in five minutes from now so as soon as I get it back :)

Thanks for sticking around everyone!

15. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    And, after a long lost Jade shows up, we have a post! *gasp*

Enjoy everyone, and nthanks for being so patient with me

Kyp was waiting on the Flight Deck the next morning when Zekk and Jaina, leading the Twin Suns Squadron, stepped out, fresh from their briefing. Jaina's face was an emotionless mask, the aloof figure of a Goddess among mortals. Just what she needed to be when putting such a close group of people's lives at risk. People who'd saved her lives more times to count.

He waited in the middle of the desk until Jaina nodded to her squad. "You know the plan. To your fighters and may the Force be with you."

They scattered, Zekk staying behind as Kyp shook his head fractionally. This was between the three of them. They waited until the sounds of the active deck were loud enough to drown out any conversations they might have and Kyp spoke first. "I'm coming with you."

Jaina's eyes remained focused on his face, but she was shaking her head before he'd said anything. "You're too weak Durron. You'd be more of a danger than a help - much as I want you along."

Zekk eyed Kyp carefully. "Don't count him out yet, goddess," he said unexpectedly.

She turned her head, but her eyes never left Kyp's face. "What do you mean?"

Zekk nodded beyond Kyp, but Jaina didn't see the move. "I get the feeling it won't just be him coming along."

Jaina's eyes widened as she focused on the small figure walking towards her steadily. Tahiri held a helmet in each hand, her stance firm as she stopped a few feet away. Jaina could feel the Force, the despair carefully controlled, coming off her in waves. She turned to look at Kyp again. "I am not giving her the chance to kill herself."

Kyp smiled wryly. "Funny, that's what I said to her when she asked this morning."

"Then what is she doing here and why can she use the Force again?"

"I can answer that one, Master Durron," Tahiri said, her voice calm as she stepped closer to stop at Kyp's side. He motioned for her to go ahead.

Tahiri looked straight at Jaina, her eyes boring into the other woman's head until they made eye contact. Jaina, if she hadn't been as strong, would have taken a step backwards at the determination in the stormy gaze. Tahiri was coming, with or without consent.

"Explain yourself, Tahiri."

Tahiri smiled a faint smile and Jaina's eyes widened. That was unexpected. "I know what you and Kyp have been trying to do for me. I realize I haven't been the most avid of pupils, but I am your apprentice. Both of you. I'm Kyp's because he knows what it is to be a dark Jedi and to fall. He knows what it is to pull someone back from the brink. I'm your apprentice because Master Skywalker believes making me face my grief and accept it will make me a stronger person. A stronger Jedi. It's what losing Jacen and Ana... Anakin did to you. Losing your brothers made you face your fears."

Tahiri paused and looked across the flight desk at the fighters preparing for launch. "This is where Anakin would want to be if he was here today. This is where I feel closest to him." She turned back to look at Jaina and smiled a real smile that was tinted with sadness. "I haven't given you a chance to help me, Jaina. Not a real one. Kyp made me face some things about myself that I have managed to hide with the Force. Not anymore. You... you can teach me in your element. But I can't learn if you won't let me try. If you won't teach me, help me, the way Anakin would want you too. Please. Let us help."

Jaina looked back to Kyp, fighting to find some reason why she shouldn't let them come, but knowing it was futile. If she didn't, they'd follow on their own. If she did, she'd be two pilots heavy, but stronger for it. Or would they? She stretched out with the Force for Kyp's presence. It was there, as always, determined and strong, yet ultimately weakened by the prolonged suppression of Tahiri's Force Powers. Would he be a hindrance in this?

As if reading her mind, and he probably was, Kyp chuckled. "If you let Tahiri go, there's no way I'm st

16. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

*screams*

SHE'S BACK!! SHE'S BACK AND EVILER THEN EVER!!!!

JAINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*bounces with wide eyed agitation*

JAINA JAINA JAINA JAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EEEEKKKK!!!!!!!

HELP HER KYP!!! SAVE HER ZEKK!!! OH SOMEONE HELP HER PLEASE!!!!!!

*tears her finger nails*

17. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    OH MY GOSH SHE IS TRULY BACK! I DIDN'T BELIEVE IT AT FIRST BUT HERE WE HAVE IT, LIVING PROOF THAT JADE MAX IS INDEED ALIVE!!!!

And I agree, why is it the first post is w/ Jaina in so much trouble???? She IS evil!

18. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
  19. Kyp_Jaina_Jag

Kyp_Jaina_Jag Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2002
    SHE'S BACK! *happy dance*

Awesome post as usual! Definitely worth the wait!

20. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    Jumpin' hoptoads... :eek: Did you have to leave it right there???!!!!

It's great to see some exciting plot stuff happening, and of course, to see Tahiri acting vaguely natural. Wonderful post and welsome back!! :D

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Oh great, Jade's returned and she's sending Jaina and Zekk straight into hell :eek: :eek: :eek:

Damn it! :mad: Methinks Kyp and Tahiri are going to have to come to their rescue, so the imp can redeem herself.

Grrrrrrr! The question is what is worse, this massively, maddeningly evil cliffy... or not knowing how many days, weeks, months that we'll have to wait for Jade to reappear???

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

22. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    I can't believe the word "years" didn't enter into your list PLJ--it would certainly enter mine!!

*winknudgecough-hopefully-will-get-Jade-going-sometime-in-the-near-future*

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Years???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I hope not! :_| :_| :_|

What happened to Kypside? I think that girl needs to be PMed the good news here....

24. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

KS has been.... school attacked.

:_|

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I sent her a PM- so hopefully when she's free she'll come roaring in! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.