Strong Enough (K/J - Sequel to "Not Strong Enough To Say No" Finished March 26th!! )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Max, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    UPPPPP!!! New post people!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
  2. the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I came, I saw, and it kicks.... well, you know how it goes. ;)

And I agree with Bellyup in saying 'did you have to leave it there'? And school attacked? Poor KS... :(
  3. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    Yaya! She's back! Great post too. :)

~~Jilly
  4. Bellyup Jedi Padawan

star 4
  5. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan

star 4
  6. padme-96 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    that post was cool. can't wait for more.
  7. Bellyup Jedi Padawan

star 4
    *hums idly* Up up up...you can only go up from he-ere... :eek: What am I doing?? I'm singing Shania Twain?!! I'm going nuts!
  8. Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan

star 4
    UP! UPUP!! UUUPPPP!!! UUUUUPPPPPP!!!!!!!

PLEEEEAAASSSEEE???!!!!!!

Do not be deceived into thinking that was a request!!!! ( :D :p ;) )

Austyn, one Daughter of Flame
  9. Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan

star 4

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO CHECKS THIS THINKG??????

JM, get your lazy rear in here and POST!!!!!!!!!!

:D :p :D :D :p :D :p :D

Hey, Jes' kiddin'.. But really....

It's been what, TWO MONTHS??????!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE POST MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    Ack! This must go up!!!!!

~~Jilly
  11. Jade_Max Jedi Master

star 5
    LOL Lazy rear? Just for that you people get to hate me until after Christmas :p

Kyp killed the engine on his X-Wing, staring forward into space as the other ships settled to the flight deck around him. Yet he was oblivious. Jaina was gone, had ordered him out - of all things - and now she was probably fighting for her life with Zekk. He closed his eyes briefly. Zekk would take care of her, would sacrifice himself so that Jaina could get away, but that was little comfort to the Jedi Master. The raw power of the Force was at his fingertips, and he was powerless to help her. Again.

A tap on his X-Wing canopy brought his head up and Tahiri's impassive face stared back at him. He offered her a smile and slowly pulled his emotions together from their fragmented thoughts. He popped the cockpit.

"I'm sorry," Tahiri told him softly, her own emotions scrambled.

Kyp felt warring guilt and relief within her, and it wasn't hard to figure out why. A part of him hated her in that instant for being relieved that Jaina was gone. He hid it well. "She'll come back," Kyp assured her, partly just to annoy the young woman, "Zekk and Jaina know how to take care of themselves. They'll come back, you'll see."

Tahiri shrugged. "Some of the pilots are talking a rescue mission. Don't we have to be debriefed or something?"

"They do, we weren?t supposed to be on the mission."

Tahiri looked at him impassively.

Kyp pulled himself out of the cockpit, leaving his helmet on the seat and she moved away so he could get out.

Tahiri dropped to the deck and waited until Kyp hit the ground. "Supposed to or not, shouldn?t we let them know what?s happening?"

Kyp looked down at the young woman. "Do you even care about the fact that Jaina and Zekk, your best friend, are stuck out there with Force knows what?"

The look of pain that flashed across her eyes told Kyp he?d managed to hit a nerve. Remorse stabbed through him, but he didn?t let off. Tahiri needed to acknowledge the fact that there was more to life than death, fear and pain. Trust, worry, love and friendship. Hope was essential. Something she couldn?t seem to see, and didn?t seem to look for.

Kyp took her by the shoulders and shook her once. "Do you care about anything?" he demanded softly. "Anything besides what you?re feeling and what you?re thinking? Do you care that there are other people in as much pain as you, even though they can hide it better?"

She tore away from him, her eyes glazed with tears. "I thought you cared," she murmured brokenly before fleeing the flight deck.

Kyp watched her go before turning away closing his eyes. He hurt, he was exhausted and now he had another fence to mend before Tahiri would trust him again. He shook his head, his shoulders dropping fractionally as if a great weight was bearing him down. Jaina could take care of herself, he told himself silently, but Tahiri needed him. One problem at a time.

Taking a deep breath he squared himself once more and started off after Tahiri. She needed him, as did Jaina, but one was beyond his reach. The other was fragile enough that if he didn?t do anything, she?d be beyond his reach soon. He couldn?t allow that after Luke had charged him with Tahiri?s wellbeing. He couldn?t fail. His pace increased as he headed towards her quarters. He had to speak with her. Now.

Her door was closed when he arrived and he didn?t bother knocking, simply walked right in and found her sobbing softly on her bed. Her room was orderly, the destructive urges that followed her grief seeming to have been absent.

"Tahiri."

She froze, her head coming up as she wiped away the tears but didn?t look at him. "What."

"I?m sorry."

She jerked, not having expected the apology. "For what?"

Kyp sighed. "I shouldn?t be taking my feelings out on you, you?ve only started to heal. It?s not right."

She pushed herself up on her elbows, her head bent towards her chest. "I?m sorry too." Was her whispered reply.

Kyp settled onto the bed next to her and gently place
  12. Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan

star 4

FIRST REPLY! FIRST REPLY! FIRST REPLY! FIRST REPLY! FIRST REPLY! FIRST REPLY!

:D :D :D :D :D

LOL.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEW POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(*takes back what she said about JM's laziness*)

:p :p :p

MORE SOON???

Austyn

13. SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ack! Tahiri! Silly girl..... go Kyp go!! I love this fic... can't wait for another postie!
  14. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
  15. padme-96 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    ccccoooooooooooooooooooooollllll
  16. SaberBlade Jedi Master

star 3
    I just read the first fic and then all of this one, and I have but one word.

MOOOOOOORRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    -Saber
  17. Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan

star 4

MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE!MORE!MORE!MORE!MORE!MORE!MORE!MORE!
    MORE!MORE!MORE!MORE!MORE!MORE!MORE!MORE!MORE!MORE!MORE!MORE!MORE!MORE!

DoF has been deceived into thinking her chanting will affect the writer's response...

18. Sword_Of_The_Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
  19. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
  20. Jade_Max Jedi Master

star 5
    I'm so nice... putting up another post after 2 weeks lol! The bad thing is I probably won't be able to post again until after Chrismas, at least on this story *evil grin* so stew until then *evil laugh*

uh... i mean... thanks for reading and I hope ya'll have a wonderful Christmas?! ;) Lemme know what you think guys!

Zekk watched the sun at the center of the Couruscane system with a wary eye. The old Coruscant, now named Yuuzhan'tar, swirled around in a new and strange orbit. He felt a momentary twinge at the only real home he'd ever known. Other than his ship.

A few meters away, Jaina floated in her X-Wing as quietly as he. Her head was bowed, her posture almost dejected. One of her motivators had blown when they'd arrived in system and set up their next jump. For the moment, she was stuck. And Zekk refused to leave her.

Zekk could feel her emotions; the anger waring with fear. He could feel her trying to supress them with a more positive outlook even though it wasn't working. "It's not your fault, you know." he said softly, their transmitters on low power to avoid detection. "Your ship has seen alot of battles. Something was bound to go sooner or later."

Her head didn't move. "I'm the Goddess." she replied, as she had several minutes earlier. "My ship isn't supposed to be able to break."

He chuckled. "Jay, you're human. You also know machines. We have a damaged motivator and my power cells are low. Let's put our head's together and try to fix this."

"Just like old times."

He grinned. "Read my mind some more, Solo, and I just might start feeding you things to make Kyp jealous."

Her head finally came up and he could see her grin. "Fools think alike you know."

"So do great minds." he told her as he nudged his X-Wing closer to hers. "So let's put ours together and get out of this before Tahiri and Kyp do something stupid."

"Like come after us?" she asked with a grin. She finally met his eyes and Zekk knew he'd gotten through to her.

They'd been in the Coruscant system for going on five hours, well into when they should have been sleeping, and neither was at their best. It didn't help that the Yuuzhan Vong kept randomly sweeping and resweeping areas looking for enemy craft. That was going to make their repairs all the harder. It hadn't helped that Jaina had deflated and seemed to freeze when her motivator had blown.

They hadn't been under attack, but whatever had been on her mind had either been settled, or banished. Either way, Zekk knew they had to focus on getting out of there. The sooners the better.

He squeezed into the helmet and the extra exterior layer of his evacuation suit before attaching the air nozzle to his helmet. He hated getting suited up; even when he didn't have much choice. He noted that Jaina seemed to be following his lead and within minuted they were both floating outside their canopies examining her ship.

Both motivators were damaged. One had been blown out completely, the other appeard to have been shorted by the other. They exchanged looks. One motivator could run the ship if it had too with the proper jurry-rigging.

Jaina dug into the wiring in her X-Wing, tugging on it a little before nodding. She could make this work with a little inginuity. She didn't look at Zekk as he dug into the power supplies and extra equipment stored aboard both X-Wings. They carefully matched up their parts and wiring, inventoried what they'd need and finally settled atop Jaina's canopy to discuss the painfully obvious. They could get one X-Wing functional, not both.

"So what do we do now?"

Zekk shrugged. "Wanna sit on my lap?"

She grinned. "It's an option, but I'm not as small as I used to be."

"If we get rid of your booster seat, we'll both fit. It'll be a tight squeeze getting home, but at least we'll both survive."

She chuckled. "Cute. You're right though. Kyp and Tahiri won't like it, but what's a little life saving between friends?"

"Exactly." He paused for a moment. "The only ot
  21. Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan

star 4

Well, I could chant boastfully about being the most faithful reader, with two first replies to my record.....

So I think I will!!

FIRST REPLY!!!! FIRST REPLY!!!! FIRST REPLY!!!! FIRST REPLY!!!! FIRST REPLY!!!! FIRST REPLY!!!!
    FIRST REPLY!!!! FIRST REPLY!!!! FIRST REPLY!!!! FIRST REPLY!!!! FIRST REPLY!!!! FIRST REPLY!!!!

MORE SOON??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~Austyn

22. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    Gah, they have to be all right! Looks like poor Tahiri's gotten herself into a mess. :(

-Mia
  23. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    This was a fanastic post. I hope Zekk and Jaina will be okay.

~~Jilly
  24. Bellyup Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Wow! Yes, I hope those two will be alright too. Poor Tahiri if they aren't...It is wonderful to see that Tahiri is starting to go back to normal! Maybe that way, Kyp and Jaina can get back to normal. [face_mischief] There is some really nice chemistry between Zekk and Jaina, too. Which is not surprising as you are are a Z/J fan by nature! :D

Wonderful two posts and I hope to see some more in the near future!! :D
  25. Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Knight

star 5
    WOW!!!! [face_shocked] It took me years to finish this...
    Yesterday I read "Not strong enough to say no" and I was up til 3am (spanish time...),and this morning I woke up at 9am to read this one...

I love it!!!!! Would you post more soon??? This is great(as well as the prequel...) :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.