main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Strong Enough (K/J - Sequel to "Not Strong Enough To Say No" Finished March 26th!! )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Max, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ireth_Tasartir

Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2003
    No postie yet??? :( Does anybody know what happened to Jade_Max? :confused:

2. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Actualy, Bellyup, I git 3000 right b4 I got banned I think.

and as far as Jade Max, she's been disapering for a while now. She's gona be suprised when she gets back though, one of her fics won story of the month over in the Tenel Ka Index.

3. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    No postie yet?? :(

Up,while we wait :(

4. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Still no postie ?

Wered JM go ?

Wered Bellyup go ?

wered Jimmy Hofa go ?

5. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    ^ [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Sorry,I don't have answers for those... :( :p

6. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
  7. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Didn't she have 2 posts to post? :( :_|

8. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Really ? :)

Thats good, once she reappears.

9. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
  10. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I dunno . . . I beta'd the last ones she sent me, but I don't think she ever posted them. :(

Dana

11. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    Oh... :( That's not good... :(

12. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    *slinks in* uhhh.... I have no excuses other than I haven't had a floppy drive since my computer was upgraded.... so I haven't been able to write, post or anything at home and work doesn't have internet *hides her face* However, I did promise to have something finished here, and as promised, if late, here's the ending to this fic.

Tahiri weaved through the ships with an almost mindless intent, the clouds of matter left in her wake telling of her state of mind. She was furious and hadn't noticed reaching for the Force. Lost in a haze of memories mixed with reality, she didn't seem to see the ships that exploded in her wake, or the toll the battle was taking on the old freighter. Her intent was a simple one. Find Zekk and get him out of there. Alive or dead, she needed the closure, the finality of a body.

There was 1 X-Wing left, or so she hoped, as she scanned for it with her scopes. Nothing. Either it had been destroyed or captured. She screamed an incoherrent scream of rage when continued searching brought up nothing, smalling her hands into the control panels and leaving hand prints in blood. She blinked. Blood. Why was she bleeding? She didn't recall having damaged her hands. She blinked again and found the blood had disappeared.

Tahiri

She jerked. Kyp?

You were expecting someone else? Even through the Force his tone was sardonic. You need to calm yourself, reach out and focus. Zekk is alive.

She nearly collapsed in her chair, unconsciously taking a deep breath, reassured by the Master's words. Zekk was alive. She closed her eyes, iun the midst of an axplosion, and forced herself to latch onto Kyp's Force signature. He was far away, racing towards her position at top speed. She opened her eyes, determination forcing the darkside back, focusing it consiously as she looked around her.

There was X-wing debris mixed with corral skipper, pieces of flak bouncing off the shields of the Lightning Rod like tiny balls. She checked her systems, shocked to see a hull breech in the cargo compartment, the shields running at low power, near failing, and her weapons systems threatening to overload. She pulled back, scanning the horizons, and turning towards the only remaining threat.

The large ships of the fleet of Yuuzhan Vong were backing away, moving to a more tactical position, one of their smaller ships towing a heavily damaged X-Wing. She focused on it, surprised to find two lives in the cockpit, both signatures recognizable. Kyp, I've found them!

Kyp's responce echoed through the Force. I knew you could, kid. Now focus, we're going to have to get them into your loading bay and somehow get away.

Can we help? It was Jaina.

Tahiri focused on the freighter as Kyp communicated their plan to the trapped Jedi. Alone they'd been unable to break free and escape, but with help, they just might pull it off. Slowly, the plan formed and Tahiri nodded in silent agreement. She understood. Turning the freighter slowly, she angled it to an intercept course and closed her eyes for a moment.

Anakin, if you can hear me, help me. I need your strength.

There was a moment where it seemed that nothing would happen, and then, something did.

Tahiri felt her fingers begin to tingle, a feeling of familiarity settling over her as the light begame almost corporeal. She swallowed the lump in her throat. Anakin. She felt the tears well up, blurring her vision as his familiar presence enveloped her, his strength suddenly embuing her with energy.

For the first time since his death, she felt whole again. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she guided the Lightning Rod along side the freighter holding Zekk and Jaina captive. She couldn't see it, but there was an aura surrounding the freighter, protecting it, as the Yuuzhan Vong threw everything they had at her. She came in closer, unable to see anything through her tears, and opened the cargo bay.

Someone in the X-Wing fired and guided the

13. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Aw, you finished! And it was just as good as I remember it being when I beta'd it . . . when was it, back in December?

And that's it, wow, I finally finished it! *chuckles* Yahooo!!!

Now you need to submit it to KAJSU, so it can go up next to "Not Strong Enough". :D

Ok, now, I'd like to thank DantanaSkywalker for being my Beta, yet again, because without her I couldn't give ya'll this story. So a huge thank you to her.

You are most welcome. :) Thanks for letting me read it before everyone else. ;)

Secondly, I'd like to thank you, my readers, for being wonderful and keeping with me through all of the computer problems I've been having. Hopefully I made it worth your while to stick around.

You did. :)

Lastly, I do plan to repost this in the other Forum - the question is when *chuckle* or maybe submit it to the archive. However, for the archive I'd have to have another Beta or two, so if you've seen anything glaringly wrong with my grammar (likely) or spelling that Dana might have missed (unlikely) or that I posted before she got it (likely) then please, feel free to let me know.

Well, I'm not infallible. I am, after all, only human. And there may have been times where I got so caught up in the story that I missed something. (Which I know for a fact could very well have happened, and that's a good thing, J_M, 'cause it's the sign of a very good author!)

Thank you again to everyone who's been reading my story, you are all wonderful for keeping me motivated.

*poke, poke* When the sequel? ;)

:p

Dana

14. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Lovely!!! *wipes away tears* Just the way it should have been. I love your work!

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

15. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    YAY, YER BACK~!!!!!!!!!!

16. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    I can't believe this has ended!!! :( :_| But it was a wonderful ending,I loved it... Just as much as the rest of the story, really wonderful... :)

17. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003

AWESOME FINISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (*Sniff*) It COULD NOT have been done better. You write all of your characters so well, I could spend 4 Word pages just gushing over it. But I won't, so suffice it to say, great job!

Now what's this I hear about a sequel?????

:D :D :D :D

Once again, great job. LOVED IT!!!!!!!

~*~ Austyn

18. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Don't believe what I said about a sequel, I was just joking. If J_M's got a sequel in the works, I don't know about it. It's more . . . wishful thinking.

Dana

19. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    well, i hope there is a sequel in the works... b/c i just finished reading the entire thing through.... and its good.... even tho, im a j/jerthis one gave be a persepctive i didnt expect

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    *Claps and applauds* Marvelously mushy ending! [face_love] [face_love]

Great story Jade. These 2 fics sealed my fate as a J/Kshipper.

Thanks so much for the great ride :)

21. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Im still a j/Z shippper.

but then, I dont consider the craptaccular NJO cannon either..........

Actualy, the NJO fanfic like this is better than the real NJO (and Jag tends to be less cardboard :p )

22. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Wonderful ending. ALmost missed it. Glad that I didn't. :)

~~Jilly

23. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Sequel ?

Asking cause anything by Jade_Max is quality :D

24. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Oh wow! I stopped coming to the boards right before you finished this! That'll teach me...

I loved the ending...so sweet! I'd love to see another sequel to this, too, I hate seeing good things come to an end. :) So glad Tahiri started healing, and Kyp and Jaina are soooo cute together. (I won't gush about mushiness this time, I promise.) :)

Once again, a marvelous story. Looking forward to more from you, Jade!

-Mia

25. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Just finished this...whew!

Great story! I loved K and J's characterization in this. Super! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.