main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Stronger Than Death- Qui/Obi/Ani - AOTC -AU-

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, May 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    So you're saying there's going to be another story that will continue this tale? PLEASE tell me I read that right. I can't wait. HOORAY!

2. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    ?They?re not going to take me away from Obi-Wan, are they?? he said with concern. ?I mean I like you Master Qui-Gon, but I?ve just gotten used to Obi-Wan as my master,? he grinned.

Qui-Gon shook his head. ?No, nothing like that, Obi-Wan is your master, as it should be. But haven?t you ever wondered how and why I returned?? he asked, his head tilted to the side.

I liked the fact that Anakin didn't want to change his master. It shows that the bond between Obi and Ani has gotten much stronger. Qui-Gon helped do that!

Possibility of a sequel? That would be cool. Hint, hint.

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Chapter 25: Forgiveness

?The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.? Mohandas K. Gandhi

By some sort of unspoken agreement, both men found themselves making their way toward the same garden that had witnessed their reunion. It seemed a fitting place for them to finally and completely repair the bond that thoughtless words, hurt feelings, and the passage of time had inevitably damaged.

When they entered the garden Obi-Wan saw that it was strangely empty for this hour. It was almost as if the Force itself was giving the two men the privacy they needed in the space they wanted. Well that would be Qui-Gon?s explanation anyway, Obi-Wan thought with a smile.

They ended up by the reflection pool, although no words or thoughts had been exchanged between them since they had left the corridor outside the Healer?s Ward. Qui-Gon lowered his long frame to the fragrant grass and stared at the rippling surface of the water. Obi-Wan sat down gracefully at his side.

?You?re still concerned about your padawan,? Qui-Gon said, it was not a question.

Obi-Wan smiled, although his master?s face was not turned his way. ?Yes, Master, I?m still worried.?

?He?ll be fine, Obi-Wan,? he reassured him. ?But remember that the path he chooses might not be the path that you would choose for him.?

?I only want what is best for him,? Obi-Wan said.

?What he thinks is best for him or what you think is best for him?? Qui-Gon asked dryly.

?Well what I think is best for him, of course,? Obi-Wan replied with a laugh.

?You do realize that he loves her,? Qui-Gon said after a moment.

Obi-Wan sighed and looked down at the grass. ?I know master, but that doesn?t mean I have to approve of it.?

?No you don?t have to approve, but you don?t necessarily have to disapprove either,? Qui-Gon observed.

?The Code does not permit such attachments.?

?I think we could agree that Anakin Skywalker seems to be the exception to most of the rules put forth by the Code,? Qui-Gon said quietly.

?Too much so sometimes,? Obi-Wan answered just as quietly.

?Ah well, you don?t need to work it all out in your head right now. He is young; she is young and quite committed to helping her people. It may be that nothing comes of it,? Qui-Gon said.

?Or it may be that much comes of it,? Obi-Wan answered tartly. ?But what does she feel for him??

?I?m not sure, but there is something between them that draws them to each other,? Qui-Gon replied. ?But as for what will come of it, who can say?? He looked at Obi-Wan and smiled gently. ?Don?t borrow trouble from tomorrow; there is sufficient trouble for today, padawan.?

?There?s always trouble enough with Anakin around, that?s for certain.? They recognized that they had reached an impasse and chose to abandon the topic for the moment. The men were quiet, content to just share each other?s company.

?I didn?t mean to ruin your life, padawan,? Qui-Gon said suddenly, his tone serious.

Obi-Wan looked at Qui-Gon with alarm. ?Oh Master, never think that,? he said. ?You are responsible in some way for all of the good things in my life.?

When Qui-Gon finally lifted his head to look into Obi-Wan?s eyes there was no condemnation in those blue eyes, only love and acceptance.

?I made your life difficult by insisting you train Anakin.?

Obi-Wan didn?t speak for several moments, but when he did his voice was husky with emotion. ?Master, it wasn?t that you asked me to train him that hurt,? he hesitated, trying to figure out how to say what was in his heart. ?It was the fact that you seemed so willing to push me aside so that he could be trained.? He stopped, feeling the pain of that rejection once more. ?I felt a little jealous, that?s true, but it also hurt to think that he had become more important to you after a few days? acquaintance than I had in a dozen years of being your padawan.? He fell silent then, unable to express himself any more clearly.

Qui-Gon closed his eyes as he imagined the pain he had inf

4. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    :) PM me when you begin the sequel. :)

5. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Awwww... They made nice. So sweet and the perfect way to end it!

6. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Once again I loved the quote!

This was a great story and a joy to read. You did such a great job with it. :)

=D= =D=

Take a bow, you deserve it!

I will definately look for the sequel. :)

~ Jedikma :)

7. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    I think it's a great ending! I'm so glad that Qui-Gon was able to help heal and repair some of the damage that would have led Anakin to falling. And a lovely scene with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon at the end. I think you portrayed Obi-Wan perfectly.

I can't wait for the sequel!

Kristeh

8. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh totally totally magnificent!!! These final lines were sooo awesomely heartfelt!!

Obi-Wan stood up, feeling restless and ill at ease. ?Because being a Jedi is all that has ever mattered to me. It is what I am, who I am.? He stopped and extended his hands toward Qui-Gon, asking for his understanding. ?I am a Jedi; I will always be a Jedi. All of the orders and rules and regulations that chafed you?I find comfort in them. They give me direction, a guideline to set the course of my life.? He began to pace again. ?I?m not saying I?ve agreed with everything the Council has decreed, but in my heart I have always known that to be a Jedi is my destiny. Not just a user of the Force, but a Jedi in all my thoughts and actions.? He was still once more, his words having taken from him his last bit of energy. His shoulders were slumped and his head hung low, as if in shame. Suddenly a large hand fell heavily on his shoulder.

?Oh padawan, what a Jedi you?ve become,? Qui-Gon declared softly. ?You?re right; I had no right to expect you to give up this life to help me train him.? Obi-Wan felt himself being pulled into a firm embrace. ?I?m sorry Obi-Wan, for being blind and selfish and all of the other things I?ve been. I?ve been a fool, and there?s no other way to say it. Forgive me.?

?Master, there is nothing to forgive anymore,? Obi-Wan rasped.

He threw his arms around his master and hugged him tight. There were no more tears; the time for tears had passed. The last tendril of their bond had come to life as forgiveness was asked and granted. And though they would stand side by side with the young man whose very presence had almost torn them apart, between these two would remain a bond that lasted as long as either one of them drew breath. Master and Padawan were side by side once more, content at long last.

Loved that!! Beautiful ending!!! [face_love]

Do PM me too when you do start the sequal. Great work VaderLVR64 Excellent!! =D=

9. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    this fic's awesome and I like the ending.

10. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Add me to the PM list! I loved the ending, it was the perfect place to stop.

Obi-Wan stood up, feeling restless and ill at ease. ?Because being a Jedi is all that has ever mattered to me. It is what I am, who I am.? He stopped and extended his hands toward Qui-Gon, asking for his understanding. ?I am a Jedi; I will always be a Jedi. All of the orders and rules and regulations that chafed you?I find comfort in them. They give me direction, a guideline to set the course of my life.? He began to pace again. ?I?m not saying I?ve agreed with everything the Council has decreed, but in my heart I have always known that to be a Jedi is my destiny. Not just a user of the Force, but a Jedi in all my thoughts and actions.? He was still once more, his words having taken from him his last bit of energy.

This was SO Obi-Wan. Nicely done, as usual. Great story.

11. isola

isola Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2004
    ?I?m not sure, but there is something between them that draws them to each other,? Qui-Gon replied. ?But as for what will come of it, who can say?? He looked at Obi-Wan and smiled gently. ?Don?t borrow trouble from tomorrow; there is sufficient trouble for today, padawan.?

So sweet to see Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan talking like this!

This whole story was so far past satisfying that it is difficult to describe. This was the perfect place to stop - it ended everything on a really lovely and hopeful note. Please PM me when you begin posting the next - or I'll have to stalk you like mad! I can't wait for more of your wonderful characterizations and dialogue.

12. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Great ending to a Supercalifragilisticexpyallidocious Story! I hope I spelled that right! ;)

I came back from Disney World a month ago, but it doesn't seem to have left me! :D

I look forward to reading your next story. I'll be watching for it!

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    A wonderful happy mushy ending with no dead or bloating bodies [glares at author]

14. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    That was the perfect ending! They both made their peace with each other and healed old wounds, but their differing views of how to handle the Anakin/Padme situation left just the perfect amount of tension between them for the reader to know that they still will have many trials to overcome.

Of course you know I want a PM when you start the sequel.

Again, a brillant and eloquently written story!

15. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    SEQUEL! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I get a PM when that starts, too?

I loved this story. It was so... original. And brilliantly written. It kind of kept the plot from AOTC, but had enough differeences that it was a new plot, too. I can't wait for the sequel!

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Thank you all so much for reading this story. In some ways it was the most rewarding AND difficult story I've written. I had to mess with the universe and not make it perfect, although part of me REALLY wanted to. I am beginning work on the sequel but it will be a while before I post since I want to get several chapters written before beginning to post. This one I wrote as I went along and wasn't as prompt in posting at the end as I would have liked. Anyway, thank you all SO MUCH!

Jacen200015 Consider yourself PM'ed when I begin posting! And thanks for reading.

VadersMistress Okay, since you left good feedback I guess you can leave your room now. Just kidding, you have to stay there. I'm not letting you go back to school, I'll miss you! Thanks, sweetie!

Jedikma Thank you so much, you are always so nice and have the sweetest comments. Thank you!

kristeh Thanks! I'm glad Obi-Wan was believable, I wanted to remain true to his Canon character in this AU galaxy. Thanks for reading!

Kynstar WHEW! I'm glad the ending worked, I was a little nervous about stopping there since there were so many issues left unresolved, but it felt right. Thanks for reading, and I'll let you know when the sequel starts.

SilSolo Thank you so much! I'm relieved to hear the ending seemed to work, as I said I was a little nervous. Again, thanks for reading.

AnakinsHeir I'll definitely let you know. THanks for reading!

isola Your compliments made me blush! I admire your work so much that I'm glad you find mine enjoyable as well! I'll let you know about the sequel. Now quit reading this and work on the next posts for your own stories! They're so good that I don't want to wait for the next post...but I will because my mama taught me manners. But get typing, LOL!

KSkywalker Oh Disney! I love Disney even though I haven't been in a while. I'm not even going to try to top that word, but I will say a very sincere THANK YOU!

PadawanKitara [face_blush] I am SO SORRY about the dead Obi, but truly it had to be written. I would have found myself drooling in the corner, having gone quietly insane if I didn't write it. Anyway, I let Obi live in this one and he's happy, right? Don't I get points for that? PLEASE? Thanks for reading, and for not throwing projectile weapons for the other thing...

Gina Thank you! Well you know how I feel about YOUR writing, so I'm honored by your compliments. I'm sure you'll know when I start the other one because you'll get PM's from me venting about writer's block or something. And who knows, we may have already started on our next project??? O:)

Again thank you! I'm trying to get better about doing author's comments and I'm sorry I wasn't more organized during the early part of the story about them. My sincere and enthusiastic thanks to everyone who's been reading!

17. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Grand ending! I liked the way you expanded on what Qui-Gon and Obi-wan thought about each other and how Anakin got involved in this.

18. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    He threw his arms around his master and hugged him tight. There were no more tears; the time for tears had passed. The last tendril of their bond had come to life as forgiveness was asked and granted. And though they would stand side by side with the young man whose very presence had almost torn them apart, between these two would remain a bond that lasted as long as either one of them drew breath. Master and Padawan were side by side once more, content at long last.

Loved the ending! It was perfect. I liked how Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon would always have a very special bond that only they shared. I can't wait to see the sequel. PM when you post.

19. JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L

JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2004
    I have loved this story for the beging and I am so glade that everything has turned out so well. You did a great job with this story and i cant wait untill the sequel.

_____________________Signature_________________________
    IT isn't polite to assme someone is lying when you have only just meet them.-LadyHawke "The Mouse"

20. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Chapter 24
    It was sad to me to see Obi-Wan still worrying about Anakin preferring Qui-Gon over him, but I imagine that is how he?d feel :( But I loved that Anakin took no time in deciding he wanted to continue being Obi-Wan?s padawan. Indeed, Qui-Gon has really helped out Obi-Wan tremendously by mending the relationship with his apprentice. But there?s still one more relationship that needs to be mended, so we?ll see about that?

Chapter 25
    I like that the silent understanding about where they?re going was there. It shows how that bond between them has picked right up where it left off? almost. This is a really interesting conversation between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon on Anakin and the Code. I can see both sides because while Anakin is different, that doesn?t necessarily mean he should be allowed to break rules. The rule itself, however, may need to be re-examined. Attachment is still dangerous, but with Palpatine gone, much less of a threat to Anakin I think.

?Don?t borrow trouble from tomorrow; there is sufficient trouble for today, padawan.?

Oh, that was just a perfect little bit of wisdom :D

There are a lot of stories dealing with how hurt Obi-Wan must have been by the events at the end of TPM, but it?s really interesting to see him actually have Qui-Gon to face with those hurts. The idea that they never closed many topics and that as a result some of that hurt never healed is one I think many fans have considered. But the mistakes that Qui-Gon made were just that- mistakes. Oversights. I don?t think, as some people do, that this is an indication he never really cared about Obi-Wan. I don?t get that from TPM at all. He just made a mistake in being overzealous about Anakin and it?s nice to have him put some closure on that in this story.

Obi-Wan?s last speech about being a Jedi was awesome. I was just going ?yes, yes, yes!? Some people simply think that Obi-Wan is uptight, but I don?t think it?s that at all. He?s just someone who places importance on having some kind of order to things. He?s the type of person who believes rules are there for a reason. I always know Qui-Gon is well written when his constant defying of the Council just irks me a little, as it does Obi-Wan. I think you?ve done a splendid job of writing both their characters and making them both sympathetic and understandable. And I think you tied it up in a beautiful conclusion:

Master and Padawan were side by side once more, content at long last.

Wonderful. Just wonderful. =D= This story has been a delight to read from the beginning.

And a sequel? Count me in :D Don't let me miss it, you hear?

-sj loves kevin spacey

21. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    we can't have you drooling in the corner and gibbering to the banthas in pink tutus; so I guess you're forgiven

22. isola

isola Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2004
    Back to where everyone can enjoy this brilliant story.

23. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    I just finished VaderLVR (Mind if I call you Chee-Zee-Poofs now?) ;) :D Oh, that was just wondeful! You are an amazing writer. I could feel the tears coming as we found out just why Qui-Gon came back. It was for Obi-Wan. That just made so much sense. And when the angels tell them that Shmi is at peace and very proud of Anakin...Wonderful!

Just had to tell you how much I enjoyed this story. [face_love]

24. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    kimberley,

Just finished readingg this hon! Ever since you mentioned this story to me in a PM I"ve pondered reading it :) Today I was sick and in desperate need of some good entertainment. Excellent job sweetie. I truly enjoyed the entire story. I absolutely hated the fact that Qui-Gon was dead in the films and I was so glad to see that you brought him back and you did such a good job with the entire storyline.

I really enjoyed how well you characterized everyone. I thought Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Anakin were all right on target. I especially liked the scene with Palpatine when Anakin was tempted. Just because Qui-Gon changed some things doesn't mean Anakin still isn't vulnerable. Excellent. Sent shivers down my spine that post did.

I loved the touching reunions between Qui-Gon and those he had left behind. Especially the one with Master Windu. I really enjoyed that between two old friends. marvelous! I look forward to the sequel!

You were EVIL to your readers with some of those cliffhangers---good thing I didn't have to wait [face_mischief]

=D= Well done excellent work!

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Was about to start your knew thread and chose to read here first, Frustrating that I missed this when it was new.

Ch 1 - Ahh, how wonderful an idea of the angels being actual beings and have the ability to heal one who has died and of course it being Qui-Gon... well that is very good. Aww, I like how they call him brave one.

Ch. 2 - "Sit and relax while you can.? doesn't that sounds a bit ominous. Love how Qui-Gon suddenly calls Birdsong 'angel' after specifically
    stating he didn't believe in them.

Ch. 3 - Oh boy, I can't imagine how shocked Obi-Wan would be as his master suddenly apears, live and breathing ten years after his death. NOw, you've gone and done it, got me crying... That is exactly how I would expect Qui-Gon to react of new how the COuncil blundered!

Ch. 4 - Ha! I liked how Qui-Gon's sudden authoritive statement caused Obi-Wan a small flare of resentment, and that it turned into empathy for his own appreintice. Oh my, Anakin's reaction to seeing Qui-Gon is not what I expected... it made me feel bad for Obi-Wan.

Ch. 5 - ?Would you have cared, Master?? Ouch! Hopefully the bit Anakin and Obi-Wan confessed to each other will help to bring them closer. I really like Birdsong and her exasperating nature! LOL!

Ch. 6 - I am so hoping that the three Jedi will now be able to save Shmi. *fingers crossed* ?Do you love him?? Qui-Gon asked quietly. Wow what a question to ask! A big high five for Obi-Wan taking on the old ideas of the Council! Excellently written!

Ch. 7 - Ahh,I hope Anakin can take those wise words Of Qui-Gon's to heart. I'm so glad I don't have to wait to long to find out what happens next.

Ch. 8 - Still held my breth for most of this post... I can't believe you still killed her off... :(

Ch. 9 - ?WE are not directly interfering- you are.? Hmm, interesting way of looking at things. The old 'from a certain point of view'? LOL! Reading on you even used the phrase! [face_laugh]

Ch. 10 - Aww, love the holos and stories of them. ?Your padawan did indeed have a vision,? Mace said gravely. Yeah and you ... messed up big time in the way you handled him! :mad: I like how things are still going according to AOTC... well done VaderLVR

Ch. 11 - Okay, Qui-Gon and Anakin in a brawling fistfight... would you beileve I never saw that coming?? :D LOL! Ohhh, that was wonderful, especially when Obi-Wan landed... *sniff*

Ch. 12 - HA, Mace!! Anakin spoke up for the first time. ?This Dooku tried to kill Padme Amidala?? Oh boy, Dooku's on Ani's sith list. I look forward to Dooku again meeting his former apprentice. :D

Ch. 13 - I really love seeing Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Anakin together... you do such a lovely job with them. Awww, I like that Anakin chose to go with his own master! YAy!!

Ch. 14 - Ahhh, Dooku seems very quick to admit what his intentions are to his former padawan. I suppose it was too much to hope that everyone would return to the light side.

CH. 15 - Funny how Qui-Gon calls Anakin 'little one'. I like how Obi-Wan had trouble believing and dealing with the thought his apprentice was in love.

CH. 16 - So they all now know the Sith Master's identity... Anakin still has to keep that temper of his is check.

Ch.17 - Can't blame Anakin's debate over his master having killed a sith, but both Obi and Qui have made ggod points that i hope ani will ear. I'd wondered on where the angel had gone.

Ch. 18 - Hmmm, Mace had a feeling? Yeah in hindsight. ?Being dead certainly hasn?t given you any better manners, has it?? Or perhaps it's the influence of sassy angels??

Ch. 19 - Yikes, I worry that their plan will not go as expected. I've got a bad feeling about this.

Ch 20 - Come on Anakin, fight the darkside!!!Grrr. leave Qui-Gon alone, he already spent one death!! Superb post here, I loved how difficult it was for Anakin, yet he made what is the correct decision.

Ch.21 - Strength Anakin, strength! I very mncuh like Anakin in this. The two men remained kneeling by the third, an

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.