main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Stronger Than Death- Qui/Obi/Ani - AOTC -AU-

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, May 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    i'm not quite as *verbose* as Leona, but wanted to post here to say I read this in under 24 hours--which is a big deal for me (i'm kinda slow and easily distracted). wonderful story!
    I really like the idea of Qui getting to set all things right again! Obi needed that so much....*sigh* it's a sweet & good story. Loved Ani's role--very powerful in so many ways!

2. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Just find and read this whole story.

I was so glad that Anakin made the right choice. And sad that his Mother still died. Of course Anakin believed in Angels.

This story was great.

3. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    I started this last night and finished it today--it was great! Your writing is excellent and all of the characters were drawn wonderfully and seemed true their portrayals in other 'canon' Star Wars work. I will definately read the sequel. I'm very glad Qui-gon is alive and well!

Great job!

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Go read the sequel! That's an order!

5. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Congratulations, VaderLVR64 on winning Best AU and Best Non Human Female (for Birdsong)! Bravo! =D= =D=

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Woohoo! This won!

7. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Congratulations on your well deserved awards!!!

[:D]

It was a true pleasure to be able to give out so many to you :D

8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    =D= Congrats!

I was especially happy to see Birdsong win, as she's just such a wonderful character :)

-sj loves kevin spacey

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yes! =D= Congrats!!! Well deserved indeed! All of them! :D

10. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Congrats VL! :D Very well deserved! @};-

11. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    Just look at all the awards you won, and deservedly so. Congratulations, VaderLVR64! =D= =D= =D=

12. Vanerina

Vanerina Jedi Master

May 20, 2005

I'm going to kill you.

You left us hanging? Just like that

13. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Well, VaderLVR... I had intended to do something today, but ended up being too captivated by your story to move much.

Oh, fantastic job. I'm sorry I wasn't around to read it while it was being posted... (but the upside to this, of course, is that I didn't have to wait between posts!)

Simply adored the ending, but then again, I have always been a sucker for the Qui-Gon lives fanfic. Even if it he died first. [face_laugh]

Wonderful job, as always.

14. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    This story is so fantastic... wow, you have such incredible talent!
    All the characters have been explored in plausible and painfully real ways,
    there waas never a moment when I doubted what was going on.

The only thing I didn't like, is that, because I believed it so deeply,
    I feel soooo sorry this isnt how things played out! :(

I really really enjoyed reading this. Wow. Thats all I can say.

Oh and thanks for sharing! :)

LOVE AND PEACE.

p.s. cant wait to read the sequel!

15. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Touching, dramatic, action-packed and wow!
    This just sucked me in and was a true pleasure to read. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

*runs off to bookmark the sequel for tomorrows reading*

16. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    WOW VaderLVR!
    =D= =D= =D=

I gravel at your majesty! :D

I've spent all afternoon neglecting my own stories just so I could finish...I'm happy I did, and am truly inspired.

BRAVO!!!!

17. moonwashedrose

moonwashedrose Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2005
    My friend told me to read this!

It is so good! And I really like the angels. :)

I'm hooked! I'm still half way through but I can't wait to get back to reading it!

I wish it turned out like this... :_|

18. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    Some of my observations and favorite lines from throughout:

Chapter 3: To the utter shock of all three men, Anakin threw himself into Qui-Gon?s arms and began sobbing. They were the deep relieved sobs of one who has been rescued from certain death at the last possible moment. -- Beautiful! Such an unexpected reaction is a wonderful way to end the chapter!

Chapter Five:
    Tomorrow would be a trying day. First there would be the Council, and how in the blazes would he explain this? He grinned as he thought of just setting Qui-Gon loose upon the Council and sitting back and watching the fireworks. Amusing, but not wise perhaps. [face_whistling]

The whole time I was reading Qui and Ani on Tatooine, I kept thinking to my self: ?She?ll be fine, she?ll be fine, she?ll be fine? over and over again? I?m glad I didn?t have to wait long to find out Shmi?s fate! But alas, she was not fine? :_|

Chapter 9
    : ?Anakin could have lost much more than his mother,? she answered. She met his gaze and he noticed with a start that her eyes seemed haunted by the memory of what had not been. Birdsong finally gave a straightforward answer to one of questions, and that was more troubling than he would have expected. ?He could have lost his soul.? [face_worried]

Hmmm... The Plot thickens with Qui killing Dooku?

In chapter 15, when Qui is saying ?he loves her? over and over again, it is just like he is speaking with his young little Padawan? Not his grown up former Padawan! :)

Chapter 16: Anakin turned fierce blue eyes on his master. ?Oh, we?ll get him all right, I guarantee it. I?ll defeat it him if it?s the last thing I ever do.?

Chapter 18
    : ?You need to bring him to the Temple alive if you can, Qui-Gon,? Mace instructed him.

?I don?t think he?ll make it easy to do so.?

There was a hard glint in Mace?s dark eyes. ?Persuade him.?
    o_O

Chapter 23:
    ?Exasperating creatures, angels,? Mace remarked as he looked at Qui-Gon.

?You have no idea,? the Jedi answered with heartfelt conviction.
    LOL

The ending was wonderful! So happy. =D=

I have one quick question, What Happened to Garen and His Padawan? They were guarding Padme, but they seemed to have failed. Are they dead? (Did I miss something?)

This was truly a fun and exciting story, I?m off to read the sequel!

19. Polgarawolf

Polgarawolf Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2005
    Hhhmmmm . . . I wasn't at all sure that I was going to like a story that had angels of Iego bringing Qui-Gon Jinn back to life right at a critical moment in order to forestall the bloodbath of RotS and the years following Anakin's fall [face_thinking] (although in all honesty I really don't know why anymore, seeing as how my current 325,000+ word long WIP currently has Qui-Gon and Dooku as Force spirits who will inevitably learn how to put on human flesh again and Obi-Wan and Anakin -- the Chosen One and Sith'ari -- as living embodiments of the Light of the Force, something rather like Force spirits who have the immense powers of beings who are made entirely of pure Force energy even though they've never truly become unembodied [face_whistling]). But having read it, I must say that I've genuinely enjoyed the ride, though I was a bit surprised by the sudden and somewhat awkward ending. :confused: I see you were already hard at work on the sequel, though (which is absolutely wonderful, by the way, and I'm hoping you're all done with it and have maybe even written a sequel to that, and to that, and to that, and . . . well, you get the picture, I'm sure :D), so I am going to ignore the bumpy conclusion here in favor of rushing on to what comes next. So in short: Thanks so much for posting your story! =D= I'm really looking forward to reading more. [:D]

20. Vanerina

Vanerina Jedi Master

May 20, 2005

Qui-Gon gritted his teeth and tried to find control of his temper. ?I see.? There didn?t seem to be much point in trying to discuss this with her, she was being deliberately obtuse, he was sure of it. But then a thought occurred to him. ?How did you do it??

And we thought Yoda liked being cryptic.

21. Jedi-Master-Jurron

Jedi-Master-Jurron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005
    Bravo this story was great!! What's the sequel called because it seems i cannot find it lol!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.