main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Strouther's Back

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Strouther, Aug 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strouther

Strouther Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2003
    This is my official "sorry for not being around in just under forever" thread. I got caught up in a lot of real life events, and haven't been getting online too much. But I'm still here dammit!

So how have you guys been? I see celebration is in order for becoming official. What's new? What have I missed?

Have any of you played Knights of the Old Republic yet? Pretty cool game, if you ask me.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey! Welcome back, dude! :)

Darth Real-Life can be a pain sometimes, can't it? Anyway, I'm glad you were able to make it back here. :) At the moment we're in the process of designing a website, and creating a banner and icon for the group. Also, if you have any ideas for advertising in the area, let us know! :)

As for Knights of the Old Republic, I haven't actually played it yet, but it looks really awesome.

3. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    Hey! I almost gave up hope ;)

Nope, I haven't played KotOR yet...umm...I forget, is it out for computer? Or is it coming out for PC sometime soon?

Anyway, welcome back! :D

4. Strouther

Strouther Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2003
    Um, not sure about advertising, but if you make up a banner I'll put it on my sites.

KoToR is THE best game I've ever played dealing with Star Wars. It's straight from the rpg (which means you build your char: Class, attributes, skills, feats, force powers, etc.) and has a really good plot. It's very detailed (most games aren't these days) in every aspect. Sorry if it sounds like I'm trying to advertise for the thing, but it's just a really cool game. I don't know all the systems its on, but I bought it for X-Box. Plus, it will have downloadable extras from X-Box Live. Since Bioware made it, it will probably be more levels.

and thanks for the warm welcome back! :)

5. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Hmm....sounds pretty good...but I already have JK:II and that's good enough for right now...plus, I'm saving up for Age of Mythology: The Titans...and...something else...I forgot :p

6. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    i haven't played it but it looks very good. I don't have an X-box and my current PC is too slow to run it so i probably wont be playing it anytime soon unfortunatley

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I have the same problem, Bryan.

8. Pous_Eldoon

Pous_Eldoon Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2003
    Well, I'm back again. I was Strouther. Now I'm Pous Eldoon. The Powers That Be here at the boards wouldn't just change my name (thanks so much Gandalf-Gandolf whatever) so I had to re-register.

Anyway, a lot has happened for reasons I haven't been around. I moved, finally. I'm now living right near the Berks / Lancaster Counties line, off of 625.

How have you all been? Any new members? Have I missed a lot of meetings? Oh dear, I suppose I'll be going through all the posts I've missed for the nest few weeks before I get through them all.

Let me know how you all are doing!

9. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey! Glad to see you back again!

You didn't miss too much, we're trying to get our feet off the ground again. I don't know if you've seen RotK yet or not, but at the moment we're trying to get a dinner/movie meeting together to see that.

Busy moving, huh? And you're now right off of 625? Hmm...I think you've moved closer to all of us, actually :p I'm not too far from 625 and neither are Wesmin and Crazed. Where exactly are you located now?

10. Pous_Eldoon

Dec 18, 2003
    If you take a look at a map, I'm off of 625 in Bowmansville - on Lauschtown Road, if you see it on there. I'm not too far at all from Reading, maybe 20 minutes or so. Way closer than I was living before, now it's actually plausible to get involved with things in person more.

11. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Alright, I know the area where you're at. I've been to Bowmansville quite a few times. Near Adamstown by any chance?

That's cool that you can get involved more. Just let me know if you'll like to join us for our holiday meeting. ;)

12. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Glad to see you back! :D

13. Pous_Eldoon

Dec 18, 2003
    Thanks guys. Yeah, if you're heading toward Adamstown, you're heading in the right direction. Just a quick jaunt over some back roads to me then.

Well, I don't know if I'll be able to join you guys for a holiday meeting, I'm one of the developer's at an HP Loveraft inspired site, SPONGE. I've been pretty busy with that lately, and will be until at least the 27th or 28th. Then there's New Years, and I'll be off somewhere, most likely doing the party thing. But I'd like to after that! I'll keep checking back here for info, just keep me updated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.