main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Strut your Mutt Fundraiser

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by catz44, Jul 27, 2013.

1. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    On September 14th Longmont Humane Society is holding a MUCH needed fundraiser called Strut your Mutt. It is a 5k walk/run that is followed by activities afterwards.
    I was hoping that we could help with this.

Let me tell you about the situation:
    They need to raise 700k by November or could be at risk of shutting down . This is a Big problem and would leave the 4000 animals we take in every year without a safe place. This includes strays, transfers from other shelters where the animal has "run" out of time, behavior animals, and breed specific animals that have been banned from other cities. These animals need our help and the only thing I know to do is to reach out to you my community.
    What I would like to do:
    -Is get a green screen set up and have a take your picture with a Star Wars character for a fee (money goes to LHS)
    -Possibly see if the 501st would be willing to set up the shoot a trooper.
    - Have a team walk the event too, bring your dogs. Have people sponsor our team. (Similar to the breast cancer walk)

Let me know if you could help with anything. what your thoughts are and any other ideas you have.
    Also Please share this with anyone in the community. We desperately need help.

2. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I will see if Robert and I are available.

catz44 likes this.
  3. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Any thoughts or want to do this?

4. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Doh! We booked our camping trip for that weekend. It was the first weekend available at Golden Gate Canyon when we booked it a month ago. I don't think they allow reschedules so no-go. Count on us for donations for the cause!

catz44 likes this.
  5. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Well you will be missed but have fun camping :)

6. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Those are some great ideas. September is a better month for me than August like what I originally thought it was in. The only down fall I see is it's on a second Saturday of the month - Open Cockpit.

I would love to bring Buster out for a walk, I'm sure he will love it. Let's see if we can get anyone else excited to do the green screen at least. It's for a good cause

7. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Doesn't look like we will be able to do the booth thing this year. So now I'm seeing if anyone is interested in doing the walk . :).

8. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    What link do we click to make a donation to the cause?

9. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Sure!

Go to the website longmont humane.org. And click on the strut your mutt link that pops up right away from there you should be able to make a donation. ;)

10. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    Keep us posted on when this gets rescheduled.

11. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I will thanks , no date set yet just trying to deal with 100+ animals that have been brought to us from evacuees.

12. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    FYI, this will be this Saturday the 26th from 10 to 1, for those interested. Here's the event info:

Get Ready to Strut Your Mutt!

Help us reach our goal of raising $40,000 for the animals!
    Grab your furry friend put them in their best halloween attire and head for Longmont Humane Society's Strut Your Mutt Pet Friendly Festival on Saturday, October 26th, 2013 at the Boulder County Fairgrounds from 10:00am - 1:00pm!
    Unfortunately, Rogers Grove and the St. Vrain Greenway sustained a great deal of damage and as a result the walk/fun run will not be taking place this year.

Event will be free to attend! People who raised money for pledges will still be able to donate and pick up their T-Shirts.

Strut Your Mutt will feature pet contests, demonstrations, pet-related vendors, and refreshments. More than 500 people and their dogs will collect pledges to help the homeless animals of the Longmont Humane Society.

Here are a few of the highlights of the event:

- Food & Beer Garden by Gordon Biersch
    - AKC Canine Good Citizen Testing
    - Professional Pet Portraits
    - Adoptable Pet Parade
    - Caricature Artist
    - Performance by A+ A.C.E.S
    - Hey Lady Band Performing live
    - 35 + Vendors
    - Goodie Bags
    - Prizes for the teams/Individuals who raise the most money
    - Dogs in halloween costumes
    - AND MUCH MORE! - See more at: http://longmonthumane.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1077132#sthash.Hn6qG0YE.dpuf

catz44 likes this.
  13. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    It was so fun. Our dogs loved it! (Except for a little barking and jumping fight with another dog.). I can't wait to receive our dog portrait photo.

DieWompRatDie and catz44 like this.