main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Stubborn and Oblivious (a Shada and Karrde story) Finally risen from the dead.. updated 30.6.2005

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LumiKuningatar, Feb 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sephrenia

Sephrenia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    Great post! Hope your exams went fine.

Just waiting for the ladies to show their skills :)...

Lumi: I toyed with the idea of doing French as a third language... the way you put it, I'm kind of glad I did music instead :)

2. Lady_WinterCelchu

Lady_WinterCelchu Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Good Post Lumi and the Hitwomen thing is really fun.

How did your exams go?

3. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003

J_M_Bulldog *mysterious smile* you'll see..

green eyes I did survive the finals, barely.. I know it is, Aves is very much needed to pound some sense into those two and he is needed to act all sneaky since otherwise they'd be too stubborn to deal with and.. the girls on the otherhand, well you'll just have to wait and see..

Targeter ahaaa.. makes sense..

JAGSGURL15 :D Thanky..

MamaShmi Yay, a new reader.. Here's some brownies to make you feel right at home *hands some brownies* Hope you'll like the next posts as well..

Sephrenia Oh, I didn't mean to frighten you with french. It's just that I'm not all that good at learning new languages, because I can never remember all the grammar points when I speak and thus I don't really know the language as well as I should and.. well, french isn't that bad to everybosy..

Yep, the exams went well.. hopefully. I get the results in a month or so..

Lady :D It is fun, and I'm thinking the exams went well, but I get the results in a month or so.. I did go and speak to my english teacher though and he told me I got the best mark in our class.. I'm still deliriously happy...

I'll try and write another post as soon as I can

4. LumiKuningatar

Nov 10, 2003
    Oh, I didn't realize this before..

I'M OVER A HUNDRED.. OVER A HUNDRED .. not years old, but over a hundred posts.. this calls for a celebration.. I'll provide the booze.. :D

5. Lady_WinterCelchu

Dec 23, 2003
    In that case Lumi lets drink to 100 more. lol Congrats on the big 100.

6. LumiKuningatar

Nov 10, 2003
    :D Here's some red Beaujolais, have some..

7. Lady_WinterCelchu

Dec 23, 2003
    why Thank You Lumi i think i just might. LOL

8. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Congratulation on 100 posts. I have a geat idea for a celebration, ANOTHER POST! What do you say? That sounds like a party to me. LOL

*green_eyes*

9. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    A great story, I can't wait for updates. I love seeing these two characters.

10. LumiKuningatar

Nov 10, 2003
    Lady Glad to see you enjoying yourself.. :D

green eyes Thanks, and here's a post to celebrate, just like you suggested..

AnakinsHeir I really like it when new reader's pop in, since then more people can instuct me on how to write a good story, so remember that I'm always open to suggestions and critisism.. This goes out to all you guys out there..

Glad you like my story too.. :D It's always nice to hear people liking something that I've created.

HERE YOU GO, A POSTIE TO CELEBRATE..

11. LumiKuningatar

Nov 10, 2003

Karrde arrived a bit early, lest he be late. He knew from personal experience what the ladies were capable of, and even though Aves wasn?t his favorite person at the moment, he didn?t wish the the treatment on anyone. He stripped down to a tank top and sweat pants and walked over to the dummy in the middle of the room. He was determined not to let his thoughts wonder to a certain black haired beauty. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed Aves enter. Karrde nodded to him and continued punching the dummy, while pretending it to be someone else. With a ferocious grin, he punched the dummy again. And again. And again.

Out in the corridor Shada and Josie were engaged, yet again, in another animated ?difference of opinion?. Everyone valuing their lives, stepped meekly out of their way as the two made their way towards the gym complex.

« If it wasn?t the cantina tables, then where the kriff did we dance ? I distinctly remember.. dancing and... »

« Shada, Shada, Shada? « Josie tried to calm her down. With apprehension she continued. « Remember .. ummm.. the Barzak dignitaries we?re shipping to Myrrkr? The ones ? ummm.. in the secured area? Well,.. »

« Oh no. » Shada groaned, lowering her head into her hands. « Please tell me I didn?t. Please tell me that I had enough dignity to avoid making a complete idiot of myself in front of.. those dignitaries. »

« No such luck, Shada dear. Anyway, from what I heard they enjoyed the show. »

« What then ? » Shada asked dreading the response.

« Believe me, you don?t want to know. »

« I probably don?t, but tell me none the less. »

« You really don?t want to know, Shada dear. » Shada glared at Josie with as much strength as she could muster. Josie continued. « While you were entertaining, you.. sang.. »

« I sang ? I can?t sing. A drooling Hutt could sing better than me. »

Josie grinned. «We noticed.» Shada punched her arm.

« What?s so bad about me singing ? » Shada asked after a short silence.

« It?s not the singing, it?s what you sang. You sang a ballade to.. someone. I doubt the dignitaries realized who it was but I wouldn?t bet on it. It was pretty obvious. How many dark haired, grey eyed, mysterious men are there in your life anyway ? »

Shada?s eyes widened. She was horrified. How could she continue working on the Wild Karrde if everyone was aware that she had a major crush on her employee. And what would Karrde do? Probably be the gentleman he always is, Shada thought bitterly. He would be very official and business-like while making it painfully obvious that he didn?t reciprocate her feelings. She would be embarrassed and their working relationship would be severed and awkward. Shada shuddered. Even if Karrde himself wouldn?t find out, which was highly unlikely since he was in the business of gathering information, there would always be rumours floating around the ship. The rumours would destroy the little dignity she had left after her table dancing. The crew would either pity her or make fun of her. She grimaced. Why couldn?t Josie have been able to keep her from making a total fool of herself?

« Josie, couldn?t you control me ? » Shada asked exasperated.

« I was pretty intoxicated myself, if you remember. All this is second hand information. »

« Who ? » Shada asked, her voice deadly.

« Aves. »

Shada glared at Josie and pushed the gym doors open. «Say goodbye to your fiancé, because when I get my hands on him, he?s a dead man. Then I?m going to resurrect him and kill him again. Slowly and painfully and then Force help me I?m? »

Shada stopped in mid-rant. After swinging the doors open, she had noticed a very puzzled looking Aves.. and Karrde. Both men were breathing hard and the clothes they wore were very clingy from the sweaty workout. Her gaze travelled involuntarily down Karrde?s muscular form. She hadn?t realized that the smuggler chief was in such a good shape. And what a shape it was. She felt her throat tighten and she swallowed. Oh great more daydreams, she though

12. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    YAY i woveyed it! great job! DROOLS>.... mmm... Talon....

13. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Hehe, Shada's gonna kill Aves :p Poor guy.

Eh? Hey, now, why'd you stop there? That wasn't very nice :p I wanted to see what happened next :p

EDIT: Congrats on 100! And today is the 28th.

14. LumiKuningatar

Nov 10, 2003
    JAGSGURL15 :D

J_M_Bulldog Had to stop since had to walk the dog.. I'll continue tomorrow.. no worry..

:D

15. Lady_WinterCelchu

Dec 23, 2003
    *Looks men over appreciatively. Grins at Lumi*

Nice Chica! Real nice.

16. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Thanks for the post, it made a very fun party. Especially the sweaty Talon with his clothes clinging to his very well built and tonned body. Nice>>>>wipes the drool from chin>>>>>>>>>

Maybe the name of this should be Sexy and Obvious. LOL

More please.

*green_eyes*

17. LumiKuningatar

Nov 10, 2003

Lady *grinning like an idiot*

green eyes Don't destroy your keyboard with too much drooling, okey. don't want your computer to tilt, now do we? :D :D

currently writing the next post, and believe you me, it's not what you'd expect.. :D

18. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Shada glared at Josie and pushed the gym doors open. «Say goodbye to your fiancé, because when I get my hands on him, he?s a dead man. Then I?m going to resurrect him and kill him again. Slowly and painfully and then Force help me I?m? »

Shada stopped in mid-rant. After swinging the doors open, she had noticed a very puzzled looking Aves.. and Karrde. Both men were breathing hard and the clothes they wore were very clingy from the sweaty workout. Her gaze travelled involuntarily down Karrde?s muscular form. She hadn?t realized that the smuggler chief was in such a good shape. And what a shape it was. She felt her throat tighten and she swallowed. Oh great more daydreams, she thought. She lifted her gaze only to find Karrde staring right back at her. A slight blush crept up her cheeks. Gazes locked, they stared at each other. Josie and Aves exchanged a conspirotal wink.

Josie elbowed Shada in the ribs to wake her up from her daydreams. « You were saying ? » She queried with a faint smile.

Shada?s blush intensified. « Oh yeah. » She said distractedly. « Aves, you?re a dead man walking.»

*snickers loudly* I love that part. Not only do we have the death threats, but we have the guys with nice bodies and Shada blushing at the aforementioned guys. *snickers again* Gotta love the death threats... ;)

:Targeter:

19. Sephrenia

Jan 29, 2002
    Congrats on reaching your 100th post!

I like the part where Shada is threatening to resurrect and kill Aves very slowly... don't let the Hitwomen get their hands on that formula to resurrect their enemies ;)

So... Shada isn't going to kill Aves right? Don't tell me she is going to go for... Karrde ... just to get over her embarrassment :)

More! More!

20. LumiKuningatar

Nov 10, 2003

Targeter good to hear you snickering..

Sephrenia Oh, she won't kill him yet.. someone lese gets slapped though. You'll find out soon who... :D *winks* you'll see what happens next..

21. LumiKuningatar

Nov 10, 2003

don't kill me.. I'm still experimenting with these characters and in telling a stroy, so.. no killing, okey..

Aves? face showed his surprise. » I?m a dead man walking, why ? What did I do ? And whatever you think I did, I swear, I didn?t do it? I?m just an innocent bystander, a Jawa in a Tusken village, a.. »

« You told Josie about.. about last night.» Shada said menacingly with a hint of blush still on her cheeks. Karrde blinked. His suspicions were confirmed. He tried to act nonchalantly and not stare incroduously at the two. He tore his gaze from Shada and decided that staring at the wall, floor, anything but her, would be decisevely safer. Safer for Aves.

Josie stepped a few steps back to be able to observe the Captain without him noticing it. Shada?s mention of last night had brought a vacant look into Karrde?s eyes, but not before a brief flash of pain had flitted across them. It was so brief that if Josie hadn?t been looking so carefully she might have missed it. He seemed to retreat back into the cold mask of the chief smuggler he had so often done before. Josie mentally cursed. Not good.

She felt like shaking the two of them, hard. Maybe she should sent a personal request for Jade to come back, and perform one of those famous Jedi mind tricks on the two of them. But then again, it would be difficult since Karrde and Shada were nothing but two strong-willed individuals. Shada was one of the most stubborn people she knew, not including Jade, of course. And Jade had come to her senses, hadn?t she. It had taken ten long years, but she had done it.

« Oh, that I did do. » Aves replied with a big, satisfied grin. « Last night was something else, Shada.» He added teasingly.

Shada felt like slapping that silly grin off his face, but then again, she didn?t want to embarrass herself more in front of Karrde. Karrde, her mind seemed to scream. She stole a glance at him. He had stepped a few steps back and was staring intently at the wall with a stony expression on his passive face. Panic flared in Shada?s mind. Oh Force help Aves if he had told him. He probably had. Why else would Karrde look so.. unforgiving and cold. She decided to try and mend the situation. Salvage what little she could.

She turned towards him. « Karrde, I don?t know what you?ve heard about last night, but I?m afraid it?s true, and.. well, what do you think of.. of me and..? » She asked him while looking at him with her big emerald eyes. She seemed so vulnerable and trusting, standing there awaiting his approval. Karrde had a sudden urge to take her into his arms and confess his true feelings to her. But she wasn?t his, never would be so he would have to pretend the burning feelings didn?t exist.

He felt a bit puzzled though. Why would she ask him whether he thought sleeping with Aves was the right thing to do ? Unless she had deduced his feelings for her and pitied him for them. He felt his face harden. He would not be pitied, ever.

« I fail to see what you do on your time is any of my business. « Karrde replied with barely hid scorn and disapproval. « As long as it doesn?t effect our business arrangements, I don?t care how you spent your time or who with. » He replied and turned his back on her. How could that usually so sweet woman do this to him on purpose. Play with his feelings. He had had enough. He?d never let himself open up again. It only brought more heartache and pain with it.

Shada lowered her head. So, this was what it felt like when your world stopped spinning and your reason for living was lost. She felt empty and hollow. She felt her eyes glisten. She had to get away, before embarrassing herself further. Before she could escape she heard Karrde?s voice.

« Rest assured, Miss D?ukal, your behaviour on board this vessel, shall not remain unnoticed. You are a second-in-command on the Wild Karrde and your conduct should be exemplary all the time. Futhermore..»

Shada felt her fury rise. How dare he rub it in. How dare he. How dare he! Before she k

22. LumiKuningatar

Nov 10, 2003
    I'm going to go to Finland today (after the Portugal v. Holland football match, of course) and so I'm not going to post for two whole months.. and I would really like for you guys to keep this story up and floating when I get back.. I'll reward you with a post, okey..

23. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    *shakes head* No, no, no.

Can we lock them in a room with no windows and leave'm there til they talk? Please? Please?

She broke his nose? Ouch!

24. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    « She sure knows how to punch.»

*snorts* THe man gets punched in the nose in which the said nose is broken, and all he says is "She sure knows how to punch"?

I agree, we need to lock those two in a room together and let them figure things out so then they can go right to the making up part and all.... ;)

:Targeter:

25. Sephrenia

Jan 29, 2002
    Oh no... she *broke* his nose!

They have got to talk. Pronto.

Misunderstandings are so fun to read. :)

Enjoy your stay in your summer cottage, Lumi :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.