main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Stuck on a planet with a Wampa what do you do?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Bob the X-Winger, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Bob the X-Winger

Bob the X-Winger Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    Lets say you were fighting in the Battle of Hoth got separated from the other Rebels and you discover the Evacuation had succeeded now the place is crawling with Imperials so you make like a Tauntan and scat. Before you know it your knee deep in the snow and you have the Wampa as company.

Completely cut off from your partizan buddies for all you know the Empire has won the war and you get to stay on this ice world severed from the rest of the Galaxy. Move into a cave and try to get yourself some warmth. Wampa's all over the place chances are you will need to communicate with these beasts and maybe have them help you in heading back to the Echo One to salvage equipment from the wreck.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  2. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

While this still from a scene that didn't make it into the film suggests these are Rebel soldiers still fighting, Ralph McQuarrie's painting and annotation of that scene is rather heart.wrenching:

[​IMG]

Unable to evacuate many injured Rebel soldiers realize that despite their life-support gear they probably won't survive the freezing night. (that's the essence of the annotation from the ESB Portfolio from memory).

But yes, it would appear that Ralph McQuarrie or the Lucasfilm person writing the annotation dismissed the rather gruesome fate that would eventually be coming to them....

J7Luke, Sarge and Bob the X-Winger like this.
  3. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I walk up to the wampa and say "Dinner is served!". That way, I won't have to freeze to death.

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Eat it before it eats me.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  5. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Hope I fall asleep and freeze to death rather than get eaten alive.

That or maybe kick it in the mummy/daddy button and hope for the best.

Lt. Hija likes this.
  6. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Martoto77

The probability that you get eaten alive before you freeze to death is higher, because once it gets dark, the Wampas don't want to freeze to death, either, and need to have found shelter for the night.

Those poor Rebel souls probably prayed for the Hoth sun to set asap.

Martoto77 likes this.
  7. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016

I meant "fall asleep" due to hypothermia and then die. It's the nicest way to die, apparently.

8. Bob the X-Winger

Jan 8, 2016

You seem to be of the view that seeing a Wampa up close is far worse than frostbite. Okay i get them looking massive and being eaten is not going to be a nice sensation but in all honesty they might turn out to be a lot less hostile besides you do have a firearm with you.

9. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    The are many nighttime predators on Earth.

As creatures adapted to life on Hoth, wouldn't the Wampas be able to hunt in the night?

10. Nibelung

Nibelung Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 18, 2017
    It's hard to survive on the frozen tundra. You have to work at it. And it's not as easy as just pitching a tent and drinking liquid rations till help comes.

11. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Sounds like it could make for quite the sitcom

Maybe even romcom if things went the right way

Jester J Binks and J7Luke like this.
  12. Bob the X-Winger

Jan 8, 2016
    Next time on Married to a Wampa "Don't go play in the snow little ones or you will freeze to death, isn't that right dear." "ROOOOAHAHA". "Oh dear they are heading back to Echo Base they will stumble into the Stormtroopers." "Quick get the others and i'll get my laser gun".

Seagoat likes this.
  13. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I would randomly come up with the idea for a Wampa mind trick, and use it to make the Wampas build me a Wampa Star.

14. Bob the X-Winger

Jan 8, 2016
    I always did see the Wampa as one of the best parts of Star Wars. Would have been cool if those scenes on Echo had featured more of them. Having them attack the Rebels like bears do in Canada. The beasts were far more dark than many of the other species in Star Wars and considering that Han could understand Chewie it may have been possible for C-3PO to communicate with them. Luke may also have been able to speak to them via sign language. They were a bipedal lifeform and it was never specified how intelligent they were although non-canon gives us an indication they had large families in the caves. Luke could have gone incognito in their layer and learnt about the species. Such an interesting species. Also brings up a fascinating question about other pidel lifeforms like Chewie and that character Moroff in Rogue One. They appear to be a lower form of sentient life in the Galaxy.

15. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I want to see an AU where Luke and the wampa settled their differences, so they decide to live with each other in the icy cavern and have tea every day, completely ignorant of the Imperial attack

Oh, but only after he cuts off the wampa's arm. This is some really good OTP shipping material here

Bob the X-Winger likes this.
  16. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    Do I have a blaster?

17. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    Hmm...I like this game.

Probably -- assuming I was my RPG character -- I'd ruthlessly slay the Wampas with my Darksaber and walk back to Echo Base. Seeing as I'd be mostly cyborg and I'd have the Force to warm what's left of my charred body, I'd say I'd do pretty okay.

But....if it were me -- as in irl me -- I'd probably hide from the Wampas and try not to die. At some point, I'd make the trek to Echo Base in daylight, hoping not to freeze.

I would be so dead so fast.

18. JediMasterSven

JediMasterSven Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    Is Leia coming back? Because in Forces of Destiny, which is canon, she was able to handle the Wampa better then the big walking carpet or her twin brother. If so, I'd wait for her.

If not. Make peace with the Force.

19. Bob the X-Winger

Jan 8, 2016

My understanding is canon does not exist. Their is loose canon but very much in the eye of the beholder. I mostly look at the what is on screen or the Novelisation for in universe explanations.

20. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    There is canon, but there is most certainly a deifference between what is generally known as Legends and Disney or New Canon. So I think you need to be more specific on what you are talking about.

21. Bob the X-Winger

Jan 8, 2016
    I would have to say then i would follow the Disney Canon universe. Close to my vision of the Star Wars Saga.

22. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    If the Rebels have completely evacuated, and they're not coming back, then I'm probably just going to find a nice patch of snow to die on and put a blaster to my head before I either die from subzero temperatures or get eaten alive. Could I try to make my way back to the base, and hope some of the communications equipment still works? Yeah, but what's the point? Even if the Rebels would come all the way back to get me, I'm some grunt and they have a seemingly insurmountable war to fight. Grand scheme of things, they're better off leaving me there, and I'm putting an unnecessary burden on them and potentially them at risk by asking them to return to the site of a former base, which is probably now under continual Imperial surveillance.

23. Bob the X-Winger

Jan 8, 2016

Might suggestion hunt the Wampa and communicate with the Rebels before your know it a Deli will start up.

24. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
  25. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    phone Cesar Milan.