main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Stuff for our STAR WARS roleplaying campaigns

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Tharon, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tharon

Darth_Tharon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003

Just in case anyone needs a copy for the current campaigns, the Dragon's Lair out here in west Omaha (Millard) has a used copy of the STAR WARS Revised Core Rulebook (RCRB) in their "Used Games" section. It's the D20 WOTC version we use; they are asking $25, and it appears to be in great shape. If anyone snags it, please let me know so that I can feel good about it; if you need me to score it for you, call me and I will do so on my next visit there.

Also, is there any chance for me to bring back Pernicia as a clone by obtaining some of her genetic material from her place of death and synthesizing it in some Spaarti cloning cylinders? That would be TOO COOL, being able to reinvent my Anna Kournikova hottie look-alike and have her spread death and fear into the Republic yet again!! Whoo-hah!! ;)

If not, then I'll simply bring her back as an NPC in some campaign that I run. So it's all good in Chris' 'hood!

Man, was that an awesome death. If you have to go, then fighting a heroic, single-handed rear-guard holding action, while covering the entire party's retreat, against a horde of Dark Side tomb beasts, then dying with lightsaber in hand and almost vaping one of the TB's with the final ****-you of a thermal detonator in the face. It just doesn't get any better than that! =)

CHRIS
    Phone: (402) 334-8969

2. Darth_Tharon

Aug 5, 2003

I also noticed that the Millard Dragon's Lair no longer has their D6 Star Wars RPG on the shelves anymore. I grew up with the WEG (West End Games) D6 stuff, so if anyone has some of it, or finds a cache of it online or in a store, for decent prices, let me know. I'll be interested in buying it if the prices are good. I use a lot of it for reference and knowledge purposes, and a lot of it is still convertable and playable in the D20 WOTC if you have the imagination and time to do so. Thanks in advance for keeping your eyes peeled! ;)

"Squad coming in at .06!"
    "Cut to the left; I'll take the leader."
    -- Rogue Squadron pilot and Wedge Antilles, during the Battle of Endor, in Return of the Jedi (1983)

3. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I have some of the WEG books. Last time I looked, I had the Star Wars Sourcebook, Trilogy SB, Rebel SB, Imperial SB, Death Star Technical Companion, Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters and a WEG Solitaire Adventure: Jedi's Honor.

If you're interested in them, I'd be more interested in trading for figures. I can send you a list.

4. wundermutt

wundermutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2003
    didn't the tomb beast get you as you were running back to the ship... ;)

5. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Wundermut, Tharon is the the proof to Obi-Wan's deepest quote...

"You will find many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon ones own point of view."

He just seems to forget his point of view was of the beast's jaws crushing his head....

6. Darth_Tharon

Aug 5, 2003

Hmm, let's see. Three pu$$ies (one of which was an unconscious pu$$y no less) that were running away screaming as Pernicia FACED DOWN all three tomb beasts in single combat (OK, that wasn't a wise decision, and I will never repeat it), while covering everyone else's wholesale retreat.

Yep, Pernicia may have died (and it was indeed a very stupid decision to try to protect such pusillanimous comrades), but at least she died bravely, with her face to the enemy, and as a true Sith. Which was more than anyone else in the party could have said, much less actually did.

Everything that I said was true, and it was a gallant death that was worthy of a true Sith warrior. The only part that received even slight exaggeration was the part about the TD going off, and that was just the tomb beast's BFL in my book (like Pernicia making the bad decision to singlehandedly cover people that didn't deserve it). So yeah, I guess it does all depend on one's "point of view." I'm glad that PERNICIA'S point of view at least incorporated a view facing the enemy, and cognizant of honor. I don't have to admit that my character(s) lived only because of the lack of courage.

Besides, we're all dead anyway, including the new GM-dispensed PCs, so what difference does it make.

Just thought I'd defend Pernicia, even in death, against slights to her honor. I'm sure that this will again leave me open to more comments, but that's OK. I've given up caring, so it's NBFD in my book.

7. Darth_Tharon

Aug 5, 2003

OMG, Natalie Portman looks SO NAUGHTY portrayed as a Dark Lady of the Sith on the new TFN "Sith Council" header! I love it! As if she's not already awesome enough, but she definitely looks eminently hotter in the service of Evil. WOW! That's all I'm can say about that.

And BTW, are we planning on resuming either SWRPG campaign anytime soon? Or are we starting a new one? Or what's the score? An update as to what our GMs are thinking would be nice. Not trying to force anything; just want to know what the status of things are, and why they are that way. Thanks for responding.

Also, any further developments on the film front, or did that fall by the wayside too?

8. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Chris- Let me know if you're interested in those WEG SW books and I'll bring them along Sunday night.

9. Darth_Tharon

Aug 5, 2003

Craig, I appreciate the offer, and I am still interested, but until I score that ever-elusive job, I can't afford anything right now. I am planning to be employed within the next 2 weeks, so maybe we can chat about it at the December meeting...? Thanks for keeping in touch about it.

I have found some people that may be willing to eventually help choreograph some lightsaber combat scenes for future fan films, if we decide to go in that direction. I know that our current film (STAR WARS: The Price of War?) doesn't employ such plot devices, but I'm thinking for down the road when we do another one. Maybe even one of my own making! George, look out, here comes "The Sith Director"! (And I will vape you if I have to.) ;)

I have also scored some prime Shadowrun RPG stuff, so when that's ready to take off, please let me know. I'm already working on some far-out and novel character concepts.

Anyone interested in a spy/espionage RPG, please let me know. I'd like to get a Top Secret/S.I. or Spycraft campaign going, but players are needed. Please PM me if you are interested, and I will fill you in. The games are very fun to play, and may be a different twist than the D20 Star Wars format we've played lately. With TS/SI especially, I'd like to get a small group together to run the Commando supplement and have some military missions occurring in the Middle East (Iraq, Iran, Israel, etc.) or Southeast Asia (Vietnam, North Korea, Thailand, etc.).

The same offer goes for strategy/board games such as Shogun/Samurai Swords, Axis & Allies (and all clones), Risk/Castle Risk, chess, etc. Looking for worthy opponent(s) to play the occasional game to relieve boredom. Only high-IQ people need apply. The games are easy to learn but difficult to master; most importantly, they are fun and exercise your brain.

Thanks for reading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.