main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stuff from the EU you would like re-imported into canon, and stuff you hope never comes back

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Alright, lets have a rundown or a clearinghouse here. There's two questions in this post as you may have noted in the title:

What stuff (Characters, events, places, technology etc) hitherto only seen in the EU, would you strongly like to see turn up in Rebels, a ST movie, a spinoff movie, or some other future production or publication, thus affirming them in canon?

and

What stuff are you glad to see the back of, and hope never to see return to canon SW again?

whostheBossk and Darth Koo like this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hope to see:

The Vong, but I'd rather see them in a live-action adult-themed show than a cartoon
    Kyp Durron
    Tahiri Veila as envisioned by Keyes, or a similar character, with a romance similar to that with Anakin Solo
    So far I like Face from the X-Wing series so unless something changes in the last four books...Face

I'd be fine with an Imperial officer who studies art to figure out his enemy, just don't make him Teh Ultimate Overblown Big Scary Dude who makes Han Solo quake in his boots and Vader look like a putz

Never Again:

Any of Luke Skywalker's women
    Jag Fel
    Solo twins; exception would be "the daughter who is a pilot" but no other aspects please
    Lord Nyax. People are concerned about Disney going to childish; what's more childish and absurdly cartoonish than a guy who can shoot lightsabers out of his ass?

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  3. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013
    I want Wes Janson in the new canon.

4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I Hope Mara Jade is is the new canon.

credar, Thuro and Darth Koo like this.
  5. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I'm wary to want anything because it's highly likely it will be warped and changed badly from what I know.

Darth Koo likes this.
  6. Darth Koo

Darth Koo Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2013
    Want to see again:
    Mara Jade, Solo Kids, Thrawn, Witches of Dathomir, The Vong, Tenel Ka and her parents, Hapens, Waru, Lowbecca

Don't want to see again:
    Destroying established characterizations of characters (Example Jacen Solo and Tahiri Veila), Admiral Daala, Waru (I have a love/hate relationship of the character),

Thuro and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  7. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    You should probably go ahead and accept that there is no way the Vong will show up in the new canon.

(Thank the Force.)

cwustudent and Pfluegermeister like this.
  8. Darth Koo

Dec 9, 2013
    I can understand that. I think the best example would be TCW on how they handled EU stuff.

Sadly I think you are right. I think the Vong is too extreme for Disney and the new LF.

cwustudent likes this.
  9. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Keep the planet names, ship names, and technical data.

Get rid of everything else (with the exception of Clone Wars).

I'd rather see a nice cohesive clean new canon across all mediums.

cwustudent likes this.
  10. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Given the chance, the thing I most would like to see "reinstated" are certain characters from the EU.

Everyone has their favorites, and from the EU, mine was Ben Skywalker. I really grew to love both Ben, himself, and the way his relationship with his father, Luke, was beginning to pay off. That's really something I'd love to see featured in the films, so fingers-crossed by me for a 'Luke and son' dynamic in the ST (even if the new character isn't actually named 'Ben').

To the second part of your question, even though I count myself as a major fan and supporter of the EU, truth be told, there are any number of things I'm glad to see go. I just wish we didn't have a situation where the baby was thrown out with the bath water, you know?

Eh, who knows? Lucasfilm has already demonstrated that they will freely take whatever they like from the EU, as they see fit. I just have to hope that some of my more favorite things are one day welcomed back into the fold.

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't want to see Vitiate and his Empire again. The Sith shouldn't be using the bendu symbol before 19 BBY and Vitiate is too powerful and too similar to Palpatine.

Thuro likes this.
  12. Darth Koo

Dec 9, 2013
    Out of everything mention so far that seems like the most likely choice to become part of the new EU because it's in a still running video game.

AplagueOnTheWise likes this.
  13. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Indeed, Koo. Plus, while I am not saying any character of any stripe in SW is perfect, I fret that the ones that speak to me most will be the character in *name* only should they return or made even worse than their prior records particularly Tarkin, (history) Gilad (Imperial), Voss, Jacen, Luke (history) I could go on. As you said, TCW seems to be the way they're going forward and I don't like the handling choices.

14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If the things I mentioned get anywhere near canon, I will cease to be a Star Wars fan.

vstarvan likes this.
  15. Oswald1901

Oswald1901 Jedi Padawan

Oct 7, 2013
    LOWBACCA THE ROCKA' and Star Tours are the only things I want back. Everything else can be blown up like Alderaan.

cwustudent likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, since this is the TV forum, let's just focus on stuff we want to see re-canonized by way of Rebels or some future TV show. ;)

That said- Jaxxon. He almost made it into TCW, and I'm assuming that's because of Filoni, so now we have another chance to see the big green rabbit in all his glory. :D

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
  18. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Yeah, sorry about that, Todd.

I was wondering about posting about my wants re. the ST, but I figured, "well, the OP did ask, so..."

Still, if there's any post-ROTJ TV, I'd hope to one day see Ben (and Jaina) in there, too, so my answer really doesn't change. :)

ps - Did Jaxxon really almost make TCW? I don't think I remember ever hearing that. That would have been outstanding!

Can you recall in what capacity was he considered?

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Jaxxon was not in TCW but a skeleton of the same species was seen in A Sunny Day in the Void.

Trebor Sabreon and Iron_lord like this.
  20. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Nope, it actually was Jaxxon's skeleton. He got Evan Pielled.
    Seriously though what is the deal with Jaxxon?

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    He's no rodent, I can tell you that much.

COMPNOR and Todd the Jedi like this.
  22. Darth Koo

Dec 9, 2013
    I will still call and think of him as a rodent until he kicks me in the face:p.

23. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    That's right! I remember now.

Wow, I had completely forgotten that -- even though I loved the gesture.

Weird, huh? :D

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  24. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    From the books I'd like to see the return of Vuffi Ra, and that's pretty much about it. But I'd absolutely love to see Jedi Knight 2's Jerec. More Miraluka love, please.

COMPNOR likes this.
  25. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes Vuffi Raa must be included the new canon! While we're at it let's just make an animated adaption of the Lando Calrissian trilogy thereby firmly entrenching it on a canon level equal with the films.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.