main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stuff from the EU you would like re-imported into canon, and stuff you hope never comes back

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Aug 14, 2014.

1. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    Some of Star Wars: The Old Republic. And Thrawn and the Chiss.

2. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Want: The 2003 Clone Wars. Still feel it fits in (mostly) seamlessly with the films and TCW; yes I know about the discrepancy with Anakin's Jedi starfighter....:rolleyes:

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    That's not the first time someone mentioned the Genndy micro series in here and that confuses me. Are you (generalized "you") saying you just want an announcement to make it officially canon again, or you would actually want them to go back and produce a new series with all that stuff again? I absolutely love that series, but I believe I could not care less about the constantly changing canon "rules" and for those of us who wanted to see that...it already exists. So I definitely wouldn't want something "new" that just copies it, I'd want something actually new. I'm just kind of confused as to how this is meant when people are mentioning it.

4. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I have to say that Durge is completely ridiculous.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Luke in the ST: "You think what I did was badass, you should have seen what this old Jedi named Mace Windu did on Dantooine decades ago."

6. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I'd never want the 2003 series to be remade. The medium, the pace, the story, the revelations. Pure Star Wars. I'll just be pissed if/when they rewrite the events of the series. So many great plot points; Anakin's knighting, the introduction of Asaaj Ventress, DURGE!!!!! (didn't know his character before the series, loved him all the same), then the lead in to EP. III, great story telling in the vein of all Star Wars to date....O:)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. Darth Rycbar

Darth Rycbar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2014
    They're already canon.

8. Darth Koo

Darth Koo Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2013
    Only the Nightsisters are. I was talking about the lightside witches, like the Djo family.

9. Darth Rycbar

Darth Rycbar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2014
    Oh. I didn't know there were light side Dathomir witches.

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I enjoyed both Force Unleashed games, first one was better storywise but both felt Star Wars, mix of PT, EU and OT.

I would like to see Katarn and Jarec. I would like to see Ravan have a chat with Maul on Moraband, would be a cool meet.

Dark Lord Tarkas and Redimet like this.
  11. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Well I want Mara Jade Thrawn and Revan reintroduced in the cannon. Mara Jade just makes sense now with the introduction of the Inquisitors into canon and Thrawn would be great as well. If they wanted those characters could then show up in the show between Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Vorax likes this.
  12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    yea, characters like Dash, Katarn, Xizor, Starkiller, Jade and Thrawn were official and most of them have been with us for a very long. Least in there original couple of appearances they should be re-adapted into current canon.

13. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Wasn't it said EU characters might be used as templates, but their entire background and name would be changed?

14. Darth Koo

Darth Koo Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2013
    Yes there are, they are like Amazons, and really cool.

That was a rumor so who knows if it is true.

15. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    My answer?

Stuff I want to survive...

Anything Pre-ANH, and by extension all elements from the post ROTJ EU that didn't feature their stories til later (existence of the Vong, Mara Jade, Thrawn, other important Imperials, Kyle Kararn, ect. ect.)

Stuff I don't want to see again?

Dark Empire style Palpatine resurrections.

DE itself actually wasn't a bad story, but it really hurts the saga to see Palps revived like that. I hope they don't do more than give him a Sith Ghost cameo or Holocron in VII-IX.

Basically, keep the universe as we know it from before ep IV, (or maybe ep VI) exactly the same, but then do whatever they want after that. Use characters that still exist if there's a good story that features them, but go ahead and make it a new story if you need. Even if Mara Jade ends up not being Luke's wife, there could still be a good story with her somewhere, ect. ect.

Darth Rycbar likes this.