main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Stuff I should have brought up at Mama Fu's ...

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by DairNimiris, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DairNimiris

DairNimiris Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    OK guys, sorry I couldn't make it out. Last minute production stuff has been kicking my butt. Who knew producing a movie would be so hard???

I want to catch everybody up to speed on what's going on with Sandrima Rising. So here we go:

As of three weeks ago, we have officially moved the production locally to Jacksonville. We are presently looking for on location spots to shoot specific scenes that will not be done in the warehouse/soundstage.

This brings me to my next point - we don't have a warehouse yet. One week to go before pre-production and we don't even know where we'll be shooting. That's not to say we don't have a few locations lined up and ready. We just want the best for our money and for the production. We need something like 3000 square feet, at least, with 15 to 17 foot ceiling space. So if any of you know any one at all who might have or know someone who might have the space, PLEASE contact me ASAP. Anakin or Steve can get you my cell number if you don't already have it. We will need the location for two to three months, beginning September and we can pay $2500 a month.

Finding crew has been insanely difficult because people here want lots of money despite the fact that they aren't in high demand. A lot of people have union cards even though this is a Right to Work state. Fortunately, I have signed on our crew for lighting, set construction and stage management, as well as a Director of Photography and editor. All of these positions have been filled with highly skilled professionals who have been in the industry for 20+ years, most working on major shows like ESPN and local shows like Builder's Care. I'm saying this so you guys understand the intensity of this production. And so you'll get a little bit excited ;)

OK! The role I have not filled here is the sound technician spot, so if you have this skill-set or know someone who does, get them in touch with me. Also we are always looking for Production Assistants, they're the backbone of any film, like Marines in Star Craft!

Seeing as how this is now local, I figure it will be easier to get you guys on set for certain scenes, as well as on board in other parts of this project.

I'm mostly saying all of this because I really want FCJK to be a featured role of this production. When this thing gets off the ground and people start hearing about it and researching it and then seeing it, I want FCJK to be at the front because we're all a family and I this can give FCJK a really good boost and a nice chunk of publicity.

I need all the help I can get. Producing a movie is NOT easy at ALL. If you guys can think of anything, please don't hesitate to let me know. Again, contact Anakin or Steve for my number.

Peace

Dair - out.

2. MiraNova34

MiraNova34 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    oohhh...sounding very interesting. I'll have to see how much a load I have with teaching and taking classes full time.

3. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Cool Nimiris. Keep us posted and you know we are game for anything you need us for. Make us proud ;)

4. JaxAnakinSkywalker

JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Yea, but when are we going to fit in Risk? Hehe...

You know I'm in. This sounds great for us. Something like this coming out of Jville will be awesome for the city (and our group). Let's have fun!

5. ---Vossk---

---Vossk--- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2005
    sounds awesome. hope you find a warehouse soon. also,doubt youll need it,but if you need AC,cooling,refridgeration,etc. me dad can hook you up,stuff from Baker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.