main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Stuff to talk about pt. 2 The Metal Years

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TK8049, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    Hi all and welcome.I'll try to be quick but this will probably take awhile.First,Anyone still holding on to an early bird kit the date has been extended to 12/31/06. Next and this might hurt but I think it needs to be said. Is there any way we can get someone to work on the website.PV,I know you've got school,family etc. and I completely understand that but don't we have someone in this group with enough technical experience to at least post the pics from events and gatherings.And the only reason I'm really pushing this is cause I got one of those stickers for my car and I don't wanna have to whoop some nerd when he says "Don't you guys ever update the website". And yes I know its a family friendly site so I would say DO NOT put that pic of Annie and Paploo on the site.Thats for our personal enjoyment and copies should be made for everyone. Moving on,I'm sure you've all heard about the OT on DVD(If you haven't its coming Sept.12)This should be a big day for us but theres something that kinda bothers me. The Han Solo/Greedo bookends from Gentle Giant were just announced and they look awesome but I got to thinking what am I gonna put between them? And my obvivous answer was the movies but I didn't think there was enough gap to make the bookend look "fuctional" for lack of a better word.So now this week we get the annoucement were getting 3 more movies.Is this just a promotional gimmick to make the bookends look good? I think it is. Lastly, and is that even a word,I feel that cliques are developing in this group and it should stop now.If one is to embrace all aspects of the fanforce you must study all its members not just the dogmatic narrow view of the people you sit beside at meetings and such. Its the Emperor's will that we live in peace and we shall have peace. May 7 is C4 in LA. unofficially.Well that ought to get some fires burning and get these boards smoking.TK8049 out(static burst).

Locked per request

2. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    So what does airfare to L.A. run anyway? (not that it matters really, I'm going even if I have to sell a kidney)

3. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    OK! I'll get the site updated this weekend, sheesh, ungrateful b@#$%#, jk Really though, check it on Sunday (hopefully). I think Lucas is setting up this C4/LA thing to keep our eyes off of something else, I don't know what, but its something. All these "leaks" from a man and his company who have successfully kept huge secrets in the past are a little fishy. anyway, "Remember, Remember the 12th of September". pv "I got your static burst, right here" out.

4. Wil_Sinistar

Wil_Sinistar Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2006
    Damn you and your misleading subject line. Here I was hoping to get another chance to hear the story of you wearing your Motley Crue tshirt to the premiere of Purple Rain.

5. LordTreyger

LordTreyger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    Or of his special moment he shared with hunky Kip Winger (TK8049's words not mine.)

6. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    Well TK8049 (Mr. Metal) you should be happy, looks like our website has been updated. Sorry, no Kip Winger pics. though.

7. s_r_skywalker

s_r_skywalker Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2006
    The website has been updated. Now, I would like to personally add that I am more than happy to share this responsibility with anyone who would be willing to maintain this site. And while- yes, TK8049, it is well known that there are those within this group whom possess the talent and the capabilities of doing such a job; they have yet to come forth with their offers to help in regard to any recent group event, much less our website. If there is anyone that would prefer that- they -be responsible for the continuance of www.paducahimperials.com, I encourage you to contact me for the passwords so that you may get started as soon as possible on the latest updates. So for anyone else who would like to comment on the maintenance of our website, shut your DS?s and move the hell on, I?ll get to it when I can.

8. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    I've not attempted web design in a few years, but I'm willing to give it a shot. I don't think I would be able to to keep up with it as well as you and Pacer have but I could take the reigns as like a backup or secondary, (Hey, Val, could you update this and this for me, the natives are getting restless.) My memory sucks at my age but I could swear that at the first meeting I went to, we had members that mentioned they do web design for a living and that they would jump at the chance to volunteer their time to help. Has that not been brought up again? Again, bad memory may have gotten that one wrong. Oh well. My area is hardware. If the Death Stars CPU starts smoking, I'm your man. But, I'll give web design a shot if there are no other takers. Remeber what doesn't kill us only hurts like hell for a little while and usually doesn't scar too bad.

9. LordTreyger

Jan 3, 2006
    Valhalla and my dearest S_R_Skywalker,

If you are not aware there is only ONE person on this board who spews Venom and takes no prisoners and that is me, LordTreyger!

To address some points in this thread yes, things were promised or volunteered but we see who the people are who are going the extra mile for the empire. Ironically it was the same group of people who were the ones who made our "Rummage Sale" a success, and the same ones who help set up and clean up after the OT in Murray. So Valhalla just remember that it seems that some people are just all talk to help them sleep at night.

"Hit it Like you bought it....." Treyger out

Baiting

10. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    You people have a very frigging short memory.

11. LordTreyger

Jan 3, 2006
  12. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    Well gee - you'd think an effort to make the event at all would be considered a good thing - apparently not good enough for some people.

I do not seem to recall you making an appearance at all at Diorama day.

I do not recall anyone giving you grief for it either.

I have given of my time, my effort, my money and my passion as much as I am able - and have done more than my fair share for the club, with no thought of reward. If that is not good enough for you people, I guess that's too damn bad.

I've been a fan long before this particular club ever came into existence, fellowshipping with a wide variety of Fanforce folks, and will be long after it is gone.

Play nice

13. LordTreyger

Jan 3, 2006
    You know what before you go and try to attack people sir you really need to get your facts straight. I was not at diorama day true, but the only reason I was not there was to attend the funeral of my cousin in New Hampshire. You can ask any number of members I can give you names if you like of the multiple times I was in contact with them throughout the day, since I knew that I was unable to attend.

I agree that we all have lives outside of star wars (Except for TK8049) but that is a different story. The only point of this thread was to get the people who talk a good game, to actually come through with what they say they are going to do.

A great example of this is Sithmonger, god knows he is the busiest guy I know and he found time to make the flyers for the OT in Murray. He said he would do it and did! I know he wishes he could be at more functions. But when asked he delivers and in a big way!

Obviously I have struke a nerve with you about something, but my concerns are with this fanforce and finding ways to make sure it lasts longer after i am gone. The intial core of people and you know who you are, are making the paducah imperials a great thing to be associated with, but some people are just taking advantage of others hard work. If feelings are hurt as a result of this post, oh well.

That brings me to my next point. The relay for life walks are going on around the region in several locations over the next few weeks. Rodan70 made a good point of saying we should participate. Both Pacer and I are buried at the moment with finals at MSU and when asked if someone else could lead to get this project going what happened, nothing. You voiced your support as did other members and i am not picking you out of that group but why couldnt one of you set this up? I want this known that I am speaking for me, a paid member of the Paducah Imperials, and me alone not for PacerVader, TKyTrooper, or anyone.

Am I mistaken in believing that one of the original goals of this fanforce was to unite the Star Wars fans of this area? Well it has done that, and friendships have blossomed and older friendships have been stregnthened by it. I can honestly say that some of my very best friends, no brothers are members of this group and I have made several new relationships with people I have met here.

To sum this up, I make it to every event I can. To me this is a very special group of people who have only recently come together and have done alot of good. We are making a name in the community, and God willing we will continue.

I am sorry if this post seems a little all over the place, but I have reamined quiet for far too long, if anyone has any comments feel free to im me.

Thanks for you time.

Too much

14. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    Not only did I have those downloaded, prepped and stored on a laptop, I created several for a few folks who were not able to make it that day. Notably Endor and a Carbon Freezing chamber.

My color printer was on the fritz that weekend - sithmonger printed several of them the night before and the rest were burned to disc for the library to print for us. Sithmonger brought his printer and laptop and the both of us printed what was needed for the day right there at the library.

I volunteered to assist and help you folks get a better deal than the one you were going to get originally, and I did NOT take it upon myself to get your banner made. Designs and layouts were sent back and forth to Pacervader, I obtained the quotation for the printing, submitted it to pacervader, the layout was shown at a club planning meeting, pacervader approved the art and the quote and I submitted the art for printing and put the charge on my business credit until I could be reimbursed for the printing.

pacervader was given the quotation for the printing before the art was approved. The bill for the printing was provided at the time the banner was delivered. I paid for it in advance from my business account - and Pacervader reimbursed as he promised he would. The original invoice was provided to pacervader and the secretary the day the club voted whether or not to purchase the banner or whether pacervader would own it.

It's obvious you are woefully ignorant of a few things. One - both sithmonger and myself did those flyers. Two - When I was asked to do myriad things for the club (and they are quite a few), and when able, I more than delivered.

Ingratitude for one thing. Berratement for another. Twisting of facts and events for a third, especially this banner issue.

Like you, I'm busy at the moment running a business and family among other responsibilities I have to other efforts. If you bothered to read my post on that thread you might have discovered that I suggested planning RFL for next year due to the inadequate time to plan, pledge and even attend the event.

What is that supposed to mean?

I'm just as paid up as you are. I even paid for my wife to be an Associate - and she's not even into Star Wars.

Thanks for making me regret it.

Language and attacking.

15. LordTreyger

Jan 3, 2006
  16. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    OK, WOW! I will not be addressing each and every point you two have made because it looks like they are mostly based on perception, yours or others. You both have brought up issues that meant something to you and you needed to get off your chest.

The point of all this talk originally was handling the website. I will be taking over those chores. I understand everyone here has a life outside of the club (except of course for TK8049), myself included. So if members can offer help for the site or at events as you all have at one time or another, then thank you, if not thats ok too. Members are under no obligation to help but it is appreciated. There is a group of members that do help at each event and I have come to count on that help.

I started this club for the purpose of bringing a group of fans together who enjoy all things Star Wars. That is to say we all have a common interest. That does not mean every member will get along. Some won't get along at all and some will get along better with others. We are all still human beings with different personalities. If we can work through our personality conflicts toward our shared goal then thats awesome, if we can't, oh well, thats life. The club is still young and it will keep growing and changing, I for one would like to be apart of it. I enjoy every one of our events no matter who shows up. I know we have a fantastic group of people that can pull off fun functions that everyone seems to enjoy, members and community.

I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this but since this has turned into the therapy thread I guess it fits. Sorry I am all over the place. The forum seems to have become the spot to aire grivences and thats fine if they are needed, but keep in mind that someone may take things the wrong way and it could cause problems in the group which is not needed. So please be careful. My wifes post from sunday was meant to counter TK8049's post that started all this. She knew that he was kidding and structured her post with the same dry manner. It seemed to spark alot more than that.

So to sum up, be careful what you post, I don't want to lose any members for any reason. pv

17. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    Well gee, thanks for clarifying the perceptions that *I* went ahead and made that banner without anyone's approval and then went and did the *uncool* thing of springing the bill on you guys unawares.

Thanks for spreading the perception that based on whatever e-mails you share with others, that I somehow demanded compensation for printing the backdrops for the dioramas.

Whatever *perceptions* exist are obviously whatever you folks like to foament behind the backs of others.

Too late.

Some of your people get what they wanted in the first place.

18. LordTreyger

Jan 3, 2006
  19. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    "This bickering is pointless." I just thought this thread needed a S.W. quote. Now no force chokes anyone.

20. TK8049

Feb 3, 2006
    This bickering is pointless,the rebellion will continue to gain support in the senat- hmm? Oh! never mind.Look we can sit here and argue over who does what and where and when till ewoks are cool but that won't solve anything. I feel that if you two had put as much energy into recruiting new members as you did posting we would have 6 new members right now. Invar I will tell you straight up the only problem I ever had with you was that pv wanted to make you v.p. of the club.I felt and still feel we don't need one and at the time it would have been very destructive to the club. The sign was non issue for me( I'm spending another $150 on a gun that doesn't shoot this week)but I understood where everyone else was coming from. I think what we have is a core group of people or "clique" if you will and that they are more than capable of doing anything(except updating a website,which looks great but you didn't do anything to the girlies page.) now by doing that they go "Look what we done" and stare at the other members with contempt and hatred. I think what needs to be done is to delegate other members to do stuff and quit relying on those that have already done stuff but I really don't know how well that would be. We will miss the RFL in McCracken Co. but what about Johnson Co? Yuri said we should do something up in that area and I trust him 100%. Trey I know I've heard you say that you will not be at DUELING DAY because in your opinion its just stupid.So we shouldn't/couldn't/wouldn't count on you to help out? The bottom line is its about STAR WARS and keeping this thing in the public eye so that we never have to go through the dark years(1986-1996)ever again.So regardless of whether an event is a failure or success doesn't even matter to me as long as we got people that put something together in the name of STAR WARS. I know Chad was kinda looked at funny when first posting on the boards and I think hes one of the best members we got.I never really interacted with Bobby that much till the OT(a failure) but Bobby's freakin cool and its not because of the ewok pic. Well I started this fire and I hope I put it out. I do not want to lose members and I've told pv that we have become complacent in our roster and that dissapoints me.John's over at PARTY MART right now wondering whats going on.That dude at TOYS R US would love to be a member.Yes an employee of toys r us wants to be a member. I dont care if he's the biggest a$$hole ever this can't be bad. Its a shame this had to happen and I hope it never happens again but if it does I'll be ready....Theres one set for stun.TK8049 out(static burst0

21. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    I've done my share of recruiting, not to mention suggestions for marketing the club. I signed up Everett, whom we paid a full membership for. I had been working on a long time friend from Marion KY and his friends who line partied with me in Nashville for Eps I & II. As difficult as it would be with the distance for them to be involved regularly, I hardly think the crap posted here is going to endure anyone to join such dysfunction as displayed on this thread.

Despite what service I have provided (and it was plenty I assure you), it is apparent it will never be good enough or often enough for some of you people, and for some who obviously preferred I was never involved in the club to begin with.

I never wanted the position. In a reply to pacervader dated 1/23 - I specifically stated "Holding office is not an aspiration I desire...."

I abhor politics and cliques, and these types of clubs are rife with them, and I had no desire to endure what almost always ends up happening as I expressed to pv and others. I'm better suited to serving behind the scenes as I'm able and as I'm led. It sickens me to have that service shoved in my face as it has, and being accused of 'taking it upon myself' to do the banner (among other things) and putting 'pv in a bad spot' by dumping the 'bill' for the banner printing as an 'uncool' action on my part.

I have all the e-mail correspondence between myself and pv regarding that issue and a host of others I have been taken to task for should I have need to clear myself of charges of negligence and malfeasance. I have done nothing on my own that would incur the club cost without first obtaining approval and permission from pacervader.

It seems it is preferable that ideas, service and otherwise must first meet an unspoken criteria of a few who have appointed themselves as arbiters of judgement to what is good and acceptible service and effort.

I had promised myself that I would hang with the club as long as it was fun, enjoyable and did not become a hassle or an ensuable problem, and that if it ever did, I would bolt to spare myself any aggravation.

I have reached that threshold considering the commentary on this thread.

22. TK8049

Feb 3, 2006
    I'm just sayin I got a threshold.And right now I'm a racecar in the red.You know what happens with a racecar in the red?...It could blow.

It could blow?

It could blow.

Well I'm an atomic bomb layin ** **!

Man that movie rocks!

23. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Ok, this is done with. For so many people so damn concerned with the image of this club, this is for sure not beneficial. If anybody-who has previously posted in this thread "threatening" to leave-we're ok with that. Yes your talents and your presence could be missed, but there is nothing binding you to this organization. For others whom are wishing to recruit more strongly, please feel free, it would appear that you have been doing so-however we have yet to see any of their shining new faces at recent meetings or events-so who's really failing the club more in this aspect? Regardless of whether or not members come and go, there will always be the Paducah Imperials. It was a club founded on fun, friendships and the LOVE OF STAR WARS. If you no longer share in those ideals, then we are truly sorry for your loss. You're welcome to continue with your pissing contests somewhere else- but this thread is over-There are some questions as to roles, cliques and responsibilities within-you're welcome to email me with constructive suggestions and ideas. We're continuing the club-and if we all put this much energy into a positive post as opposed to this crap-we may actually have come up with something great. I will be posting the next meeting times and continue with future event schedules. If you're not there with us then-"May the force be with you".

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    A couple things.

1) Attacking people for what they have or have not done at an event is not wise. Especially not in a thread like this. Those issues are better dealt with through your CR/President and with the person in question directly.
    2) Watch the language.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.