main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stuff you ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY would not want in Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by DarthTurd_Ferguson, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apophis

Apophis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    * Nute Gunray not appearing
    * CGI Chewbacca and CGI Ackbar
    * Death Star or any kind of prototype ...
    * No Jar Jar ...
    * Yoda fighting
    * Palpy = Anakin's father (that would ****!)
    * Naboo = Dagobah
    * Boba Fett killing powerfull Jedi (like Mace, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, ...)

2. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    --- Anything that even suggests some truth behind the Obidala angle. (I detest Obidala because it is so out-of-character for either Kenobi or Amidala. Even if the noble and selfless Kenobi for once formed an attachment, it wouldn't be with a woman who is a politician ("not to be trusted") and his padawan's wife, to boot.

--- Mara Jade in any form

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I don't want to see:

Anakin killing Padme.

I'm sorry- but come on, that won't happen. He LOVES her. Padme is the one person who can get through his rage (think about him going nuts in the confession scene wanting to mindlessly blame Obi-Wan on his problems- Padme was able to reason with him and get him to realize the foolishness of his thoughts- w/o her there to check his rage, it will consume him.) The only way he will turn is if he is tricked into believing that Padme and his unborn child are dead. If he saw she was alive- he would turn back. Luke's proof of that in ROTJ... it just took longer for that to happen since Vader was warped by the Dark Side for so long.

Jar-Jar being completely forgotten.

Lucas said once we that we would see Jar-Jar as a hero. My guess is he'll die protecting Padme and the twins. He's a numbskull and annoying, but kids love him. He needs to die heroically.

Too much time spent on Boba Fett

Boba lovers got their fill of him in AOTC- give it a rest. He's a minor character and part 3 is a tragedy that sets the stage for the OT. This film is about Anakin, Obi-Wan, Palpatine, Padme, and Yoda. It needs to bridge the 2 trilogies together- spending too much time on a minor character would be really pointless.

That's it :)

4. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    Jar Jar Binks dying. He better not.

5. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    Little kids like The Younglings and Anakins friends I have found to be a definate weak spot in the PT. It was good that they were not in the OT. The characters with dialogue in Episode 3 should be atleast 13.

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Jar Jar Binks dying. He better not.

You serious?!?!?!?!?!?!
    I REALLY hope to see Jar Jar die!

7. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I haven't posted in this thread in ages.

Reprinting my original list and adding to it. (The ones after the first four bullet points are new.)

Stuff I wouldn't want under ANY circumstances in Episode III:

? Anyone being anyone else's father.
    ? Any of our beloved characters actually being a clone (except maybe Palpy).
    ? A major deviation from an SW tradition (e.g. nobody says "bad feeling", or no opening crawl or something)
    ? Rehash of old SW dialogue without a good reason.
    ? Unanswered questions being left unanswered.
    ? Score ripped from previous movies instead of using what JW newly makes.
    ? Jar Jar dying in a way that does not add to the story and only serves to make 'fans' happy.
    ? It being made clear to first-time saga viewers that Anakin = Vader, thus ruining ESB's surprise.
    ? See above, with reference to Luke and Leia being siblings. I wouldn't mind if it was implied that he had a sister, as long as we were given no indication that she was named Leia, being sent to Alderaan, etc.

Rick McCallum loves you!

8. Jedi-Sith

Jedi-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 4, 2001
    I had never even thought about the Anakin=Vader surprise in ESB, that is a very good point. And remember Lucas intends for it to be watched from I-VI not the order they were produced, he said the reason there is no hyperspace view is that he wants it to be surprised in Episode IV, so surely he must not bring the name Vader and mask to actually equal Anakin, but how the hell would you do that?

What I would hate?

Not having Jar Jar die without it being a heroic sacrifice

not seeing a Yoda vs Anakin fight. It better not go on for to long (especially not as long as the Neo vs Smith fight in Matrix 2) but we need to see Anakin fight off the green muppet just to show how powerful he has become

Having Mace taken out by anyone other than Anakin

Have Palpatine as Ani's father

actually I really wouldn't hate anything that will actually be put in the film, since I reckon GL will be putting all the necersary stuf and as for some of the stuff I want to see, it wouldn't matter if it wasn't there.

The only stuff that I would actually hate to see, wont be there anyway so I am not worried

9. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    Han Solo and/or Lando Calrissian. I'd cry.

10. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Meaningless cameos from OT main characters (Han,) However, I think seeing Tarkin as a young ambitious man would be great! (if it fits in the story)

Meaningless cameos from EU main characters (Mara, Thrawn)

This whole "Mace is the traitor" conspiracy theory

Palpatine saying "I am your father" to Anakin

Naboo = Dagobah

and Britney Spears, while we're at it
    ...um, why wouldn't you want to see her? What do you think Palpatine used to turn Anakin to the dark side? [face_love]

11. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    Child Han playing with child Lando.

12. tstaddon

tstaddon Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2003
    Well, we've had the boy band (naff), Samuel L "This party's over" Jackson (good-ish), and there was the "I'm famous, but my career's going down the swanny so please gizza job" cameo of Michael Jackson in MIB II.

PLEASE...

No more goofy characters just so that famous people (especially has-beens) can lig their way in front of the camera. Even if they can be made to "fit" the story.

Example:

John Cleese as first Jedi to confront Sidious.

So YOU'RE Darth Sidious? Oh, isn't that just bloody typical! You utter... Sodding... Politician! I should've known! Liars! Bloody Liars! All of you! Bastards! I had five grand on you being a clone!...
    (Zap)
    Lightning? Oooh! You sneaky little midget! Lightsaber too good for you, eh?

Two can play at that game! (throws lightsaber to one side and picks up a tree branch)
    I'll have you, You
    (whack)
    Arrogant,
    (whack)
    Short-Arsed,
    (whack)
    Poisoned
    (whack)
    Little
    (whack)
    Dwarf
    (Zap)
    AARGH!

You sneaky little bastard!
    (Whack)
    (Zap)
    OW! Didn't hurt! Ha ha!
    (Whack)
    (Zap)
    OW! Right. I warned you!
    (Whack)
    (Zap)(Zap)(Zap)(Zap)(Zap)(Zap)(Zap)

Sith. ****ers...

13. Jedi_Ankh

Jedi_Ankh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2003
    *falls out of chair laughing at the John Cleese cameo* Lol!!!!!!!!
    That would be very un-Star Wars-ish. . .

I agree about Anakin killing Padmé, it's JUST NOT RIGHT! He's risking his beloved career of being a Jedi for her! I think that Palpatine will tell Anakin that Dooku killed Padmé, Anakin will be outraged, give into his hate and kill Dooku.

Palpatine being Anakin's father? That doesn't make sense. . . It's already been clarified that Anakin was conceived by the Force, Shmi wouldn't have lied. . . Palpatine is from Naboo, anyway. . .

I don't care about Jar Jar, I'm cool with him. But he will most definitely be seen in EpIII, since he was the one who proposed handing emergency powers to Palpatine. . . But he can't help it, he just wanted to be accepted, heh. . .

Kid Han? Eh, I think I've had enough of him, heh. But I wouldn't mind terribly. . .

14. anakin867

anakin867 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2003
    i agree cause they don't know him till ep.4

15. sidious1

sidious1 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 5, 2002
    1: NO VADER. (remember this is six films not one so at the end of EIII you think Anakin is dead...only to be revealed in the OT.)

2: NO TARKIN. (this would serve no purpose to have a young Tarkin in EIII.)

3: NO JAR JAR (unfortunatley he has to be in there for continuity.)

That's all I can think of for now sorry!

"That's a nice outfit! Did your husband give it to you!"

16. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    1. Too much time spent on Jar Jar.
    2. Talk about midichlorians.
    3. The absence of a cool Jedi action scene, such as cough*Droid Ship*cough.

...and more to come, hopefully. :)

17. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    A bunch of people waiting in a line for two months for a ticket into the theater.

18. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    I think I'll puke if there is one more nine year old child in the prequels.. Boba Fett as a kid was too much, but if there is another one of those.... children I'll denounce any association with Star Wars and do something in protest (maybe not buy the DVD? Hrm... )

Also, I'd hate to see Jar-Jar die for no reason, or only to be seen dead. That'd be.. Evil. And I'd be a bit disappointed if we didn't see the Empire as the Empire by the end of the movie.. I mean, we still need transition.

I'd also love to see why such great style of the Prequels regressed into bell bottoms and overtight clothes! :D

19. vampire-jing

vampire-jing Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2002
    I don't want to see Anakin killing or hurting Padme.

And, no Han Solo in EP3!

20. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Haveing the title be "There's Soemthing about Pamde" .some have noticed that all thses people seem to like Pamde'....

Palpatine: "The thought of losing U..."
    Obi wan: "She WAS glad to see us"
    Anikan - he's obvious
    Yoda: "Seeing u brings warm feelings to my heart."
    Mace seemed very friendly...
    Vallorum: "It is an honour to meet u..."

Ok those last 2 were a stretch.... but u get the idea... THIS BETTER NOT HAPPEN

this was a joke

21. Extreme_yoda

Extreme_yoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    I dont want JarJar Binks in the movie, Bad acting in the movie like in ep2, bad storyline. I would want some good old jedi action like lets say yoda vs anakin or yoda vs emperor.

22. PLO--KOON

PLO--KOON Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2001
    C-3P0 and R2-D2 cracking jokes while serious things are happening. I mean 3P0 turned a serious battle into a joke literally.

23. --Darth_Ganondorf--

--Darth_Ganondorf-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2003
    Obi-Wan on The Clone Wars

This looks like a job for me
    So everybody, just follow me
    Cuz we need a little, controversy
    Cuz I feel so empty without me

24. obi_kenobi52

obi_kenobi52 Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2003
    i think we should let gl do his thing he is an amazing director with incredible imagination and a great pick in actors and actresses out of all the movies i have seen him make not one think has gone wrong or even been dull

25. KNIRE_DARK

KNIRE_DARK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2002
    This is my list:

-"The Duel" taking place anywhere that isn't surrounded by a molten lava pit of some kind.

-Jar Jar, or Chewie, or anyone other than Yoda or Obi-Wan delivering the twins.

-Any played out angles from the OT (such as "I am your Father" or Anakin thinking Padme has feelings for Anakin the way Han thought Leia had feelings for Luke in ROTJ)

-Referencing above, no Obidala crap. Wouldn't make sense.

-Finding out anyone is a clone.

-Learning that Padme later becomes Mon Mothma, or General Ackbar, or Greedo or some other damned foolish revelation.

-Padme being offed by Anakin, whether directly, or due to Anakin's inaction (i.e., watching Palps kill her and not doing anything about it)

-Seeing Qui-Gonn appear as a Force spirit (because then he'd have to appear at the end of ROTJ unless there's some reasonable explanation, then it'd be alright, I guess)

-Having the ways of the Force (identity retention, etc.) explained in scientific means.

-Obi-Wan beating Anakin on some kind of fluke.

-Any OT characters (lest we realize what a small galaxy this really is)

-Naboo or any other planets become planets from the OT (nuclear winter turns it into Hoth, or sloth and laziness turning it into Dagobah).

-Yoda fighting like a damn maniac again.

-Mace spouting out cliche action movie one-liners then waving his lightsaber around like a baton. I know it's blue screen and everything, but at least throw in a little grace to your movements liike Ewan does, Sam.

-Any more of the painfully awkward jump cuts like in AOTC (from dinner to the fireplace scene).

-Any more bad dialogue.

-Any dry performances.

-Too much CG.

-Darth Maul returning IN ANY FORM!

-Anakin still being a Padawan.

And the list goes on and on, but with all that being said, I have total faith in the folks at Lucasfilm and am sure that they will deliver the payoff we all are waiting for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.