main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stuff you ever wondered about star wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Thefinalhack, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thefinalhack

Thefinalhack Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2013
    Are they things that you have ever wondered about star wars like why does Vader never use force lightning? well post your question here and you might just get an answer

Sent via my astromech droid

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    We've already got Q&A threads in the other parts of the forum- does this part need one as well?

3. Thefinalhack

Mar 11, 2013
    Why not?

4. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Force lighting - because of what happened to his body, he was physically unable to.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  5. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    How is Grevious so powerful against Jedi if he doesn't use the Force?

How does Leia remember her mother? (what Yoda said about the past and future isn't good enough)

6. Tala Que

Tala Que Jedi Knight

Mar 15, 2013
    I don' t know about General Grevious (I've always been a little confused about that myself), but I read that Leia gained memory of her mother through the force. Here's what the Wookipedia says, "When Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith came out, many people did not understand how it was possible that Leia claims to remember her mother although she had known her for barely a minute. There has been some debate about whether Leia is discussing her real mother, Padmé Amidala, or her foster mother Breha Organa. However, the official Star Wars website explicitly states in its "Q & A" section that Leia is remembering Padmé.[133]But seeing as Bail and Padme were good friends outside of politics, the Organa's may have photographic images of Padme to which Leia is referring. Another unlikely possiblity could be Leia's Force abilities have given her a connection through the Force with her estranged biological father's memories of Padme."

7. Thefinalhack

Mar 11, 2013
    Ok see if you can work out this one
    We know these facts
    •darth Vader always intended to overthrow the emperor.
    •in episode 6 when Luke asks Vader to turn to the light before been taken to the emperor darth vaders excuse is the emperor would kill him.
    •on the death star after taunting Luke the emperor states he is unarmed and is.
    So if the above are true why when Luke tried to strike down the emperor who was unprotected did Vader defend him if this would have sorted out all this overthrowing stuff and made his life easier?

8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    According to the RoTJ novel, it was because Vader wasn't confident that Luke would stay Dark if he killed the Emperor- he figured Luke would need some tutelage from both him and the Emperor before he was ready- at which point, Luke and Vader would team up against the Emperor.

Until then, he has to play the loyal servant "I must obey my master", "It is too late for me."

9. Thefinalhack

Mar 11, 2013
    Grievous wasn't force sensitive he was just a skilled swordsman with artificial limbs that allowed him to perform unique lightsaber attacks which the Jedi would find more challenging to adapt to making him a very dangerous opponent
    I think?

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Not all Jedi are created equal, so Grievous was overwhelming to some, and defeatable to others.

11. Thefinalhack

Mar 11, 2013
    Kenobi was a very powerful Jedi but yet he still had a bit of a hard time duelling grievous so i think its safe to say grievous was a dangerous opponent to a lot of Jedi

12. Ord-Mantell70

Ord-Mantell70 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 9, 2009
    Yes, I concur. It makes sense in-universe, as Luke basically refuses the dark side and Vader's offer to join him in ESB.
    Vader remains the Emperor's right hand and bow to his wishes all along, until the very end.

It's not a real fact I'd say. Only a likely possibility.

I've always wondered what Vader's line was really meant to be here ("You don't know the power of the dark side. I must obey my master"). Kind of cryptic and mysterious.
    It could also mean that he was unable to resist the powers of the dark side, and was way too "corrupted" in his way of thinking and acting after all this time.

But I agree, it's likely is that he fears the Emperor's powers, and that he may retaliate if Vader would turn his back on him.

All those explainations seem really contrived, and are not convincing to me.

The biggest contradiction comes with the line "She died when I was very young" by Leia in ROTJ. Very young usually means a little child at least, not a baby that is 30 seconds old :cool:.
    Of course, it's fictional fantasy film, and the Force can solve everything (mystical connection etc...). But it remains hard to believe, even in-universe speaking.

The fact is that when ROTJ was written by Lucas and Kasdan, although Lucas had very vague ideas of Mother Skywalker's story and fate, he nevertheless came up with the idea that she fled to Alderaan with Leia, and lived some time after (years probably) before dying. Accounting for ROTJ's line when Leia remembers her real mother.

Lucas simply changed his mind when the PT's time span was definitely settled, probably because if he had sticked to the original notes, Padme's fate would have happened off-screen. That's his right. Although I would personally have preferred that he remained faithfull to the original vision.

13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The novelization has a bit more detail- and supports this:

The question took her totally by surprise. She'd always felt so close to her adoptive parents, it was as if they were her real parents. She almost never thought of her real mother - that was like a dream.

Yet now Luke's question made her start. Flashes from her infancy assaulted her - distorted images of running ... a beautifal woman ... hiding in a trunk. The fragments threatened to overwhelm her with emotion.

"Yes," she said, pausing to regain her composure. "Just a little bit. She died when I was very young."

"Leia, I've found something else out. It's not going to be easy for you to hear it, but you have to. You have to know before I leave here because I might not make it back. And if I don't make it, you're the only hope for the Alliance."

She looked away, she shook her head, she wouldn't look at him. It was terribly disturbing, what Luke was saying, though she couldn't imagine why. It was nonsense, of course; that was why. To call her the only hope for the Alliance if he should die - why, it was absurd. Absurd to think of Luke dying, and to think of her being the only hope.

Both thoughts were out of the question. She moved away from him, to deny his word; at least to give them distance, to let her breathe. Flashes of her mother came again, in this breathing space. Parting embraces, flesh torn from flesh ...

"Don't talk that way, Luke. You have to survive. I do what I can - we all do - but I'm of no importance. Without you ... I can do nothing. It's you, Luke. I've seen it. You have a power I don't understand ... and could never have."

Ord-Mantell70 likes this.
  14. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    cool, thanks for the info :)

15. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.