main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Stuff you wish the EU had gotten to?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ackbar's Fishsticks, Apr 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Kyle stole the plans originally, but just to show that he could. He then put them back.

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    A decent back story for Tarkin.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    More Pre-Republic stuff. Zhell vs. Taung for example.

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I was just about to say this. I've always wanted to see the Anzati-Sith species contact that supposedly influenced Sith culture.

5. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    So disappointing that there is 20,000+ year gap between DOTJ and TOTJ and nothing in between.

6. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    But that's why The Essential Atlas and The Essential Guide to Warfare are so awesome.

(I know you mean stories, but still... the Alsakan Conflicts, the Cathedral ships, the Republic-Tion war. Man, those are awesome)

7. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I've skimmed those but guess I need to go a bit more in-depth.

Exactly! Get away from the Skywalkers and complany for a bit. So many good ideas in the era.

Envoy of Solanus likes this.
  8. The Extreme Moderate

The Extreme Moderate Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2005
    Washing my dishes.

9. The Extreme Moderate

The Extreme Moderate Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2005
    Since apparently I killed this thread with a(n admittedly) terrible joke- I will add this:

I would have been really interesting to have seen an early "Dawn of the Jedi" story about someone who goes out of balance and falls to "the light side." What would have that have looked like?

Instead we got mostly dark side retreads that wouldn't have been out of place in any other era for the Jedi.

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I was always curious about the bounty hunter that Han ran into on Ord Mantell.

jSarek likes this.
  11. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    Classic Star Wars volume 1. His name was Skorr. :)

12. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Oh I thought it was Cypher Bos.

jSarek likes this.
  13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    How Jacen was replaced by his evil twin Caedus in between TUF and TJK.

14. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I thought it was Czethros, myself.

jSarek and DigitalMessiah like this.
  15. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    BTW The Rebel Mission to Ord Mantell is really good.

And it reveals Han Solo for the speciesist that he is.

16. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Only towards insect species, which becomes something of a "running joke".

17. LordDlow

LordDlow Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    I think now that Disney is running things its not really a bad thing. It hink a lot of people wanted to hit the reset a long time ago on the E.U. I would of loved to of seen (I think we may get it before or after the next movie) a Palpatine centered novel, to fill in the 19 year gap between the original trilogy and the prequals. Hes only the entire reason we have a story here, everyone, (including Jar-Jar) lost something, there freedom, the end of the Jedi, the subjugation of Trillions, entire worlds leveled, for one man to rise and become Cesar! Ive always found it on of the most interesting parts of the films, the Best part of the Prequals hands down. I also don't buy he just sat his ass on a throne on Coruscant for the 23 years he reigned. So I'd of loved a political exploration (we had a great start in Darth Plaguis, the best EU novel hands down) let Luceno do it and as far as im concerened make it longger than Atlas Shrugged!!!

18. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    So many things I was looking forward to or hoping they would do. Finishing the Republic/Imperial Commando series, Sword of the Jedi, more Yuuzhan Vong stories, The Maestro Trilogy by Zahn and the story of how Fel leaves Imperial service and joins the Chiss Ascendancy (which Zahn has already written).

Envoy of Solanus and Riv_Shiel like this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    a trilogy were we follow Tyber Zann from his young years to the time of FoC to what happened after.

20. Envoy of Solanus

Envoy of Solanus Jedi Knight

May 30, 2014
    Everywhere I've been to, all I've read are others saying that they're happy that the EU is gone or saying that it was worse than the prequels... Please someone tell me this isn't a majority opinion? Please tell me there are people who are outraged or (at the very least) disappointed by this? Everywhere I've been to for the last month seems to only have casual dismisses of the whole thing or saying anyone who cares is an idiot and whatnot. Is there at least a thread around here where one can share their disappointment with this? Because everyone I know certainly doesn't care...

21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Don't go to the movie threads here. Or bring it up there. You'll get eaten alive. In this Forum we do care that the EU is gone. Not much we can do about it but we care.

Revanfan1 and Envoy of Solanus like this.
  22. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    There was a lot of people who were very much bothered by this when it was announced. Since then opinions have moderared , for the most part, but people are still upset about it. Despites this, you won't see that much complaining any more -- at least no where near what it was a month ago.

23. Envoy of Solanus

May 30, 2014
    Nah. I probably guessed I'd get chewed up there... sigh... Its just hard for me to take in that every comic, novel and game I ever liked has been tossed out the window like dirty garbage by Disney and that no one really cares and is seemingly happy about it... I normally wouldn't mind that a big company would do something stupid and shallow like this, but to see so many people and supposed fans not give a hoot about this... My years as a SW lover feel like a waste...

24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I've been following this stuff since the late 90's so the fact that we aren't getting more of it is a tough pill to swallow. We do still have the stories. They haven't disappeared. Still can enjoy them.

25. Envoy of Solanus

May 30, 2014
    I know. Its not really the loss of their status as canon or lack of more original EU stuff that bothers me (even though there were a bunch of stories I still wanted to see...) but more about that, at least everywhere I went to, no one cared at all (unless they were KOTOR fans). I kind of have a special attachment to the EU since my dad was the one who bought me most of the books and comics as a kid and we would even read some together and I loved many of the stories, which is why the EU kinda has a more personal meaning to me. Pretty much saying the EU sucked feels to me like they're saying my childhood sucked...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.