main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Stuff you wish the EU had gotten to?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ackbar's Fishsticks, Apr 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
  2. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    KOTOR 3

spicer, DarthJenari and Vthuil like this.
  3. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I really wanted them to get to side stories, focusing on minor characters. I felt like the galaxy shaking conflicts had been over done. I was hoping that we would get to explore more of the universe without seeing galaxy shaking events. I felt like the big three were over done and Jaina Solo had been already placed on a clear path and had been misused to the point where she wasn't recognizable. So I was ready to get away from them. If the novels wee going to explore conflicts, I wanted it to be preexisting conflicts -- especially the New Sith Wars. My biggest desire was for peace time stories.

Also, KOTOR 3. I love TOR and will likely be a subscriber until it's done. Still it isn't the same as KOTOR 3; you don't jump 300 years into the future and call it a sequel. I don't want to learn about Revan and the exile (well we don't hear about her anyway) from datapads and conversations. I want to actually see the aftermath of TSL and then her journey into the unknown regions ( I'm choosing to ignore Revan). Or even just the former since Regan came out; they could have easily retconed the time in between. There was still much to do in the Republic and that could have been a fun game. I'd have enjoyed seeing the Jedi Order revived.

4. Armchair_Admiral

Armchair_Admiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    More X-Wing games. That series needs to come back so I can fly TIE Fighters and Assault Gunboats again.

Darth_Henning and darklordoftech like this.
  5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    No, no, you want the Battle of Hoth... Again.

gracesonnet likes this.
  6. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    If it isn't on the screen it isn't canon and we want canon games!

_Catherine_ likes this.
  7. GoingInside

GoingInside Jedi Master star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    Haha... what was WITH that? It's like for a while every single Star Wars game had the Battle of Hoth in it.

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    What do you mean by past tense? Guess what Battlefront 3 is going to have? :)

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. GoingInside

GoingInside Jedi Master star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    I haven't been paying attention, in all honesty. Ever since the games went all pre-OT, I stopped caring as much.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Short version: It never went away!

11. Armchair_Admiral

Armchair_Admiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2005

I'm more partial to replaying the Battle of Endor myself. Which reminds me, why has there never been any games where you could play as an Ewok and kill stormtroopers with rocks and arrows?

12. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    They certainly did a number on me when I played Force Commander.

13. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Battlefront 2 Hunt mode on Endor.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Still say:
    1. Birth of the Fel Empire and its Imperal Knights
    2. The true story of Vergere
    3. A short, true conclusion to all storylines left dangling from the LOTF-FOTJ era
    4. A short, true conclusion to all storylines left dangling from the Legacy comics era
    5. A novel on the Rakata's initial invasion of Tython and how Lok became general, and maybe a follow-up novel or storyline to the war

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The conflict that led to Naboo monarchs wearing a scar of remembrance. I have no doubt that Luceno would give the House of Palpatine a role in this conflict.

themetresgained and mes520 like this.
  17. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Less focus on military, and more on adventure. Which, to me, is what Star Wars is about.

18. Dartht Punk

Dartht Punk Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 17, 2014
    Nailed it.

Too much of the Clone Wars stuff (except the TV show) is about how gruelling and horrible war is - whereas Star Wars is not really about war, it uses the war as a backdrop to allow for heroics and adventures.

CommanderDrenn likes this.
  19. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Yeah--I think adventures inside militaristic settings is cool as long as that isn't all of it-- I think the original Clone Wars TV show did this quite well, throwing in some battle scenes that weren't just enemies slugging each other with cannons, as well as some adventure scenes akin to that of the OT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.