CT Stuff you would not have in the OT

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by nitinblurayfan, Sep 6, 2012.

Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
  1. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Poor Luke seems so happy about being used, too.
  2. J_Girl Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, she kisses Luke to make Han jealous, but I could much more easily live without that particular stunt. She's creative and smart, there had to be a different way to get back at him. It skeeves me everytime.
  3. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    But again, that is the reason she did it, but she also did it not yet knowing that Luke was her brother. Honestly at that point I think she was a little torn between the two but was leaning towards liking Han more... while thinking at the same time that he was a bit of a "bad boy" that she wasn't "supposed" to like ("I like nice men"... "I'm a nice man"... "no you're not").
    Valairy Scot and FARK2005 like this.
  4. J_Girl Force Ghost

star 4
    I see what you are saying, but the thread says 'stuff you would not have in the OT.' I am taking that from the filmakers/directors POV vs the character's POV. Even if nobody else knew at the time, George knew.

He could have had something else happen entirely without spoiling the overall intention. As in the deleted scenes of the original script that happens right before that scene [ see the Blu Ray] she has every intention of basically making out with Luke. They wisely not only changed that but cut it entirely because it went too far in their intention to play up the love triangle idea. I personally would have preferred also taking out the kiss to make Han jealous. I don't like it and i think there are other ways of achieving their intention without it.
    Last edited by J_Girl, Sep 20, 2012
  5. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    And I see what you're saying too. Just a note about "George knew"... I don't know what I believe on this, but many think that he hadn't decided yet that Leia was "the other" and Luke's sister when they made TESB.
  6. Eternal_Hero Jedi Master

star 1
    20 minutes of irrelevant side adventures gumming up the opening of ESB, the dull/repetitive "romantic" scenes between Han/Leia, the important first duel between Luke & Vader taking place mostly in silhouette in fog-filled unlit rooms.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face