main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stump the trivia man.

Discussion in 'Archive: Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by COsk_DoSine, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COsk_DoSine

COsk_DoSine Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2001
    Ok Everbody, I have been asking you all questions, now is your chance to show me more about what you know.
    Here are the Rules.....For now all questions that I cannot answer are worth 10xp....If I decide that it is getting harder and harder to stump me, the points awarded for stumping me will rise...
    Good luck everybody, and let the questions roll...

Chris

2. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    Ok, "Trivia Man", I'll hurl some Kryptonite at you!........
    What was the Victory Class Star Destroyer's greatest tactical weakness and what exactly constituted this weakness?

-Axe :)

3. COsk_DoSine

Jul 24, 2001
    Ok Axe,
    Time to deflect the kryptonite!
    The Victory Class Star Destroyers greatest tactical weakness was it's low sublight speed. This is a weakness due to the fact that it was slower then other capitol class ships.

Ok people, this one was good. It was a question that is not "common" knowledge to most star wars fans....
    Keep them Coming!!

4. Sinlock_Shad-dow

Sinlock_Shad-dow Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    Take a swing at this one,

I what Star Wars film for home viewing can you see TIE Fighters fire Blue Lasers?

5. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    Ok....Good One Last time! :)
    Now...
    What Earth Animal does the character "Jaxxon" most closely resemble?

Hint...Episode 4-5 era! :)

....Good Luck!

-Axe

6. COsk_DoSine

Jul 24, 2001
    OK Sinlock,
    I do not remember any tie Fighters firing blue lasers, I do recall TIE Bombers dropping blur proton bombs on the asteroids in Mepire strikes Back, and the Tie Interceptors firing Ion cannons in return of the Jedi.The only problem with either if these is that neither of the vehicles is a standard Tie Fighter.
    Let me know if this answers your question.. :)

7. COsk_DoSine

Jul 24, 2001
    OK Axe,
    Jaxxon was modeled after Bugs Bunny, but he was green. this reference comes from the Comics... ;)

8. Sinlock_Shad-dow

Aug 16, 2001
    OK Sinlock,
    I do not remember any tie Fighters firing blue lasers, I do recall TIE Bombers dropping blur proton bombs on the asteroids in Mepire strikes Back, and the Tie Interceptors firing Ion cannons in return of the Jedi.The only problem with either if these is that neither of the vehicles is a standard Tie Fighter.
    Let me know if this answers your question..

I'll Take that as you being stumped,

In the THX virsion of SW:ESB The TIE Fighters chasing the Falcon fire Blue lasers right before she flys into the canyon sideways. In the Standard and SE Versions the lasers are Green.

(I can't believe I used such a good question for a simple 10EP)

9. COsk_DoSine

Jul 24, 2001
    Yep you have the first 10pts...I have not seen the THX versions as of yet....ZKeep them coming!!!

10. COsk_DoSine

Jul 24, 2001
    OK peoples, since there is such a poor response, all questions to stump me will be worth 100xp as long as I am stumped...And Sinlock, you recieve the additional 85xp so your total for this thread so far is 100xp.

11. Sinlock_Shad-dow

Aug 16, 2001
    About what movie has GL been quoted saying "That was one of my biggest mistakes"

No multipal guesses Chris!

(Hint: It's not the Holiday Special)

12. Riachia

Riachia Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    Here is my try. What is the name of a creature that is greened skinned, hunts in shallow waters of a jungle moon, that has two large flippers. And if you can where is it from.

13. COsk_DoSine

Jul 24, 2001
    Ok Adam,
    I do need to know if the quote was about the enire movie in general or about a specific item in one of the movies. Otherwise it is just a little bit vague.

14. Sinlock_Shad-dow

Aug 16, 2001
    It is from a 1998 Starlog. The quote is about the whole movie.

15. COsk_DoSine

Jul 24, 2001
    Ok raichia, my guess for yours in a gundark, that is the only thing that I can think of other then a swamp slug which does't fit the description that you gave.

Now Sinlock, the only one of the SW related movies that i can think that GL would not be happy about would be the Ewok Adventure.

Well here are my attempts on these questions, any more from anybody else??

16. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    In terms of Film chronology, then in terms of filmography, who was the first being to say "May The Force Be With You"?

Axe :)

17. COsk_DoSine

Jul 24, 2001
    in terms of Filmography, in Episode 4, the first persont to say "May the force be with you" was General Jan Dodonna in the rebel pilot briefing....in terms of chronology, it is Yoda in the jedi Council chambers in episode 1.

18. Riachia

Riachia Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    Close, but no cigar. It was the Aquatic Gundark no relation to the standard Gundark, this one is from Yavin 4.

19. COsk_DoSine

Jul 24, 2001
    Cool Raichia...I always like learning new things about Star Wars...This is a good example...Keep them comming peoples...

20. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    What is the title applied to Leia Organa Solo by the Noghri and how does it identify her?

21. COsk_DoSine

Jul 24, 2001
    Stacy, I believe it is Ma'al'ary ush (not sure of spelling) it is an honorific that translates roughly as "Daughter of vader"

22. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Actually your spelling is correct and your answer is correct. I wasn't sure if I could stump you oh great trivia wizard, but I will try again.

23. COsk_DoSine

Jul 24, 2001
    I welcome the try Stacey...please keep trying...

24. COsk_DoSine

Jul 24, 2001
    hm, it appers that noone wants to test my star wars knowledge....Come on people, make me work to keep thses XP.....The gauntlet of Vader has been thrown..The challenge is alive..

25. Sinlock_Shad-dow

Aug 16, 2001
    This should be Easy,

Name every person that has played Anakin/Darth Vader on the Big Screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.