main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stunt Rigging

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Nikajeboo, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikajeboo

Nikajeboo Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2002
    I'm doing a segment for my school TV series and I need to find a cheap way to build my own stunt rigging or an inexpensive alternative that I can buy.
    I haven't ever really worked with wires before, but both myself and those that I will be working with have strong backgrounds in gymnastics.
    I will need the rig to do several different things (or as many of the following as possible): jerk someone backwards through the air, assist in flipping entirely over someone (front pike or layout preferred over tuck), and walking along the walls. I may or may not need it to help with flipping backwards off a wall. I'm only able to take 3 steps (7.5 - 10 feet) before I have to flip and I may need slightly more height.

Does anyone have any advice? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Start here.
    The author of that thread also happens to be very experienced in gymnastics and constructed his own rig.
    He posted clips in this tread.

Have fun.

3. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    That guy would be me. Check out this directory for some older tests. I'm working on version 2 of my rig, so stay tuned. The thread linked to above has some very basis rigging advice. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

-tm
    PS What gym are you at?

4. Nikajeboo

Nikajeboo Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2002
    Tumble: I was at Sutton Gym in NYC for about 4 or 5 years, but they just recently closed, so I've been spending a lot of time practicing in my high school's gymnastics facility. I've never felt good enough to compete in any real competitions, but I have enough of the basic moves and safety training to be able to operate this equipment (or so I hope). I'm also into rock climbing, so I have some minor experience with different ropes, pulleys, belaying systems, and harnesses.

Thank you both so much for your help,
    Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.