main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stupid Ki Adi Mundi...It's his fault the Sith took over

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Master_Obi-One, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Obi-One

Master_Obi-One Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2005
    It was he who said Obi-One should go to Utapu instead of Anakin. If Obi-One had stayed Sideous would have been killed for sure and Anakin would have killed Grievous. Which would have brought an end to the clone wars and the Sith. Stupid Ki Adi Mundi!!!!!!

2. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    How dare you pick on the Jedi . they are Saints. Anakin is Evil . it's all him. :p NOT.

3. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Well to be fair, he just concurred. Obviously, in hind-sight, it would have been a GREAT idea to send Anakin to Utapau, but alas, they Jedi missed that boat. Much to the dismay of Mr. Windu, I must say.

4. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    how do you even dare to make a thread suggesting that anakin should have been treated decently ??!?!:mad:

*sarcasm obviously*

5. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    Hi SR70! How's it been? I've been having withdrawls from TFN since I was on vacation and away from any computer.

6. uwishuwereme

uwishuwereme Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 2005

Obi Wan say it with me Obi Wan (not one)j/k

7. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    i've been fine thank you...the forum does seem a little empty though....

[face_laugh]

8. uwishuwereme

uwishuwereme Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 2005
    Shouldnt this go in the RotS what if game thread? But yes the Jedis arrogance in not trusting Ani was their undoing. RotS What if Game link

9. PADMELUVA

PADMELUVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    ayayayaya!

of course anakin was treated decently. and it wouldnt have made a difference.

*retreats, and waits for fellow "jedi defenders" to make their presence known*

10. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    it wouldnt have made a difference ?? that was a good one[face_laugh] ...if anakin is not in couruscant then how is sidious suposed to turn him ?? via hologram ??

not a difference ?? *sigh*

11. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    So, are you saying Anakin's fall was inevitable? Predetermined even? o_O

"The overriding philosophy in Episode I?and in all the Star Wars movies, for that matter?is the balance between good and evil. The Force itself breaks into two sides: the living Force and a greater, cosmic Force. The living Force makes you sensitive to other living things, makes you intuitive, and allows you to read other people's minds, etc. But the greater Force has to do with destiny. In working with the Force, you can find your destiny and you can choose to either follow it or not."

? George Lucas, quoted in L. Bouzereau, Star Wars: The Making of Episode I, 1999

12. PADMELUVA

Nov 20, 2004
    of course im not saying it was inevitable.

however it was going to happen so long as he as obsessed with trying to save padme...so long as he didnt take yoda's advice to heart, he was doomed to fail. once he accepts death, learns to love and let go, then he brings himself from the brink of the darkside.

all sidious would do is tell grievous to leave, and would engineer another way for skywalker to stay on coruscant. in the end it comes down to anakin. accept the jedi philosophy or the sith doctrine?

whose laughing now?

13. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    Yeah, Yoda's advice was killer. Pun intended.

14. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    how can he take Yoda's advice seriously?. in AOTC he was correct about his mother . and if he did nothing she would have died 100% for sure. He has Not acted and it cost his Mothers life , in his Eyes. it's hard to blame his track record on this,many would feel the same.

15. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    well,yoda's advice had two sides just like every coin:

1- let go: good advice and anakin should have followed it

2- dance the cha cha whenever someone you love dies: that is utter BS however you look at it

16. PADMELUVA

Nov 20, 2004
    how can he take Yoda's advice seriously?. in AOTC he was correct about his mother . and if he did nothing she would have died 100% for sure. He has Not acted and it cost his Mothers life , in his Eyes. it's hard to blame his track record on this,many would feel the same.

"i dont know why i keep dreaming about her, id rather be dreaming about padme"

anakin has no clue whats going on on tatooine, he even admits he wants the dreams to go away, becaues thats all they are ti him-dreams....and the only one he tells is obi wan. obi wan hasnt been in his position, so how is he to know his dreams are actual events? the council never finds out about anakins nightmares, so arent able to offer guidance.

it isnt till hes on naboo that he realizes she is in danger.

17. PADMELUVA

Nov 20, 2004
    1- let go: good advice and anakin should have followed it

2- dance the cha cha whenever someone you love dies: that is utter BS however you look at it

its the same adivce a preacher would tell you when a loved one dies. "know that they are in a better place"

yes, at the time all you want to do is scream " you idiot! you dont understand my pain!"

but looking back on it years later, you see the preacher was only trying to comfort you, and in fact was right. in a way you are happy they are in a better place. you find hope knowing you will see them once again, someday.

18. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    You are assuming a certain belief system that not everyone has. I don't believe in heaven (not trying to offend anyone here), so it doesn't comfort me when someone says that the dead person is in a better place. Though buried in the ground does seems kinda nice.

19. PADMELUVA

Nov 20, 2004
    then i understand where your coming from, and why you would have a problem with the jedi philosophy.

but in the context of the films, the jedi do believe in some sort of afterlife, however vague it may be...

"one who has returned from the netherworld of the force.."

wanna bet anakin, at some point, learned about the netherworld of the force?

again, it has to do with buying into the philosophy, and accepting it as truth. having faith. im not saying anakin lacked faith, im just saying he was dead set on disrupting the natural order because of his selfishness. he didnt want the will of the force to be done in a sense, and wanted to completly go around it.

20. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    sorry PADMELUVA i dont believe in heaven either so i would probably strangle the preacher who tells me such nonsense

21. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    I don't have a problem with the Jedi Philosophy on a whole...but as for an afterlife, how many Jedi actually get to retain their consciousness after they die? And what about the regular folk who are Jedi, say, I dunno, Padme? See my point?

22. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    sorry PADMELUVA i dont believe in heaven either

me neither.

23. PADMELUVA

Nov 20, 2004
    sorry PADMELUVA i dont believe in heaven either so i would probably strangle the preacher who tells me such nonsense

but anakin is different. he buys into the jedi edicts. he belives in the force. he believes that it works the way the masters are telling him it does.

he just doesnt want it to work the way it does.

24. Jedi_Momma

Jedi_Momma Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2005
    Well, whether you believe in an afterlife or not, accepting the inevitability of death is something we all have to do eventually.

And Yoda was, reasonably, thinking he was speaking to a "believer."

And yes, if Ani had gone after Grievous, Palps only had to move the chess pieces around a little and continue to spin his web for the Ani "fly" a little differently.

25. PADMELUVA

Nov 20, 2004
    but as for an afterlife, how many Jedi actually get to retain their consciousness after they die? And what about the regular folk who are Jedi, say, I dunno, Padme? See my point?

i dont know. i dont think the jedi understand fully either. they were just telling him the way the force works. and why should they be held responsible for the way the force decides to handle its dead?

and anakin was vrey secretive. yoda tried to get anakin to fess up who it was, but he isnt one to push. how can he give more tailored made advice, if anakin refuses to divulge all the details?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.