Hou, TX Stupid weather

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Grand_Duchess_Olga, Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hate to open a topic, but stupid weather! Anyone flooded out yet? Hope everyone is ok. I'm stuck in the Downtown Library until 9pm; tonight is my night to work. 10 other libraries are closed, but are we? NO! Anyone else working tonight?
  2. Fingorfin Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm not stuck at work, but it did take me twice as long as it usually does to get home today.
  3. Qui Gon Moon Force Ghost

star 5
    It took me quite a bit longer to get home tonight. About 2.5 hours vs .5.
  4. bebo_lokk Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've been home for the past 6 days with the blankin' flu!
  5. Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Took me an extra 30 minutes to get home. Mostly because the people going north on 45 have to stop and stare at the cars floating around West Mount Houston.

A new subdivision off of Fallbrook and Veterans Memorial flooded. There were families with their possesion on top of their cars parked on the shoulder.
  6. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    Four feet of water around my apartment. This weather does not endeer me to Houston.
  7. goldbubbly Jedi Master

star 4
    well if it helps david, the last week in dallas hasn't been a bucket of sunshine. :-\

I think it has been better in houston from what my parents tell me. Though i will give you yesterday as an ultimate suckage day.

8. JEDIKNIGHT01 Jedi Knight

star 1
    During that rain storm I was stuck in traffic up on the North Belt. While sitting at a stand still for up to 30 minutes at a time, the rain reminded me of the matrix revolutions. Man, traffic can do it to ya!!

Cris-Le-Calis
  9. Jedi_Knight_Jonas Force Ghost

star 3
    tree fell down in my back yard, hit my house. did like $100 damages
  10. war_monger Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My dad's car was destroyed in a tornado...

that really sucked for him [face_plain]
  11. Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Master

star 4
    I was in a meeting off the northbelt and Hardy Toll.....
    After the meeting I was headed home and as I pulled up to Lee Rd and 59 North I saw people trying to drive across a over flowed bayou....

I shut the street down and people were still trying to go around my patrol car [flashing lights and all].....

What is it about flooded water flowing over unpassable streets that people don't understand....?

I was starting to get into arrest mod....
  12. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    Having seen you, Omaj, I do not believe I would risk going against you on something. ;)

Given, I also would not attempt to drive across a flooded bayou, but that's just me. :p
  13. Fingorfin Force Ghost

star 4
    Sometimes, you can't save people from their own stupidity.
  14. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    You know, Charles, what's up with you changing your icon from that freaky thing?
  15. Fingorfin Force Ghost

star 4
    Nashira made some some spiffy icons, so I decided to wear one for a while. It'll only last a week or so, then I'll be back to normal. After all the grief you give me about the thirsty alien, now you're wondering why it's gone. I suppose there is just no pleasing some people.

:p
  16. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.