main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Styrofoam pieces for spaceships

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by StormMoose, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    Can anyone tell me were I can find styrofoam in unusal shapes or long shapes? I made spaceships with my dad has A kid and had more fun with them then the other playsets. He would bring home pieces and with A little spray paint and old model parts or busted toys, we would have fun. We bult one ship that looked like A battlestar . When parts fell off you called it battle damage. Good memories that I want back. I wish I had pictures but my dad cannot find them.

David

2. JediSearch

JediSearch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2006
    That sounds like great fun! I'll keep my eyes open for some. I image you could probably find some at a hobby shop of some sort... What about Hobby Lobby or some place like that?

3. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    It is fun just collecting pits and pieces of things and trying to figure out what to do with them. GI JOE parts are great for detail. The styrofoam used to pack things in like computers in are great to start with. Hobby Lobby is on my list to check out. Try it and let your imagination go wild.

4. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    I know what you're talking about.. I used to make the best bases and spaceships with that stuff!

Don't buy it unless it looks exactly like a death star or something cool.... you can totally get large pieces of styro from trash bins of places that sell large appliances and furniture, like a Sears or Best Buy. Usually they don't guard the trash, or you could be all civilized about it and ask a store manager or something.

Sometimes my work has large chunks of styro to throw out. I'll try and nab some for you next time, or shoot you a PM.

5. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    Keep me posted on what you find. My job gets bubble wrap and peanuts. The Tweeter uses A locked dumpster. I want to make A big ship and hang it. Pictures will come soon of my latest project.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.