main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Subject: Your the Only Place, Novel One: The Years As His Padawan (Qui-Gon fic) 5/11 Chap.14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadawanofQui-Gon, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanofQui-Gon

PadawanofQui-Gon Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2003
    Body:
    Chapter One: The Jedi Knight

D
    id you hear!?!" Virana O'yl exclaimed as Cordiné Adelina passed by. "A Jedi Knight is coming to choose his or her Padawan!"

The other Jedi Younglings huddled around Virana oooed and gave squeals of excitement.

"I hope if it's a he, he's cute!" Allyson Hancen sighed, looking far off.

"Oh Ally! Is that ALL you can think about?" Virana rolled her eyes skyward.

"No." Ally said blushingly.

Mikael Lovegood snorted in disblelief as he walked by. "Right, I'm going to go to the Jedi archives if any of you want me." He disappeared around one of the many corners that led to the Library.

Cordiné picked up her pace so the others wouldn't notice her, her heart racing much faster than her quickened pace. A Jedi Knight! When she arrived at the Jedi archives herself, Mikael was already sitting at one of the computer panels, his eyes scrolling down lines of information.

Cordiné found the Jedi archivist, Jocasta Nu, putting books up on shelves in the old part of the archives. "Um, Master Nu?"

Jocasta turned and smiled warmly. "Yes Cordiné?"

"Is it true that a Jedi Knight is coming here to choose a Padawan?"

Jocasta chuckled slightly, nodding. "Yes it's true." She put another four books on a shelf.

"Do you know who it is?"

Jocasta shook her head. "No I do not, I am sorry."

"That's OK." Cordiné assured and quietly left the archivist to her work. She rounded the corner that led to the main part of the Jedi archives and saw Mikael pacing the length of the computer panel table, obviously waiting for something to load.

Mikael had been taken on as a Padawan nearly four months ago by Jedi Master Ewan Dooku and had been the only Youngling to befriend Cordiné, which might explain why the others didn't like her. She could speak openly to him, whereas the other girls could barely manage one sentance infront of him.

Cordiné had the sudden inspiration that Mikael might know. "Mikael!"

Mikael turned and her whispered exclamation. He smiled and came over. "Yes?"

"Do you know who the Jedi Knight is going to be?"

Mikael snorted. "Of course I know, I knew a long time before Master K'lan let it slip."

"So who is it?" Cordiné tried not to look or sound excited.

Mikael grinned. "My Master's previous Padawan, Qui-Gon Jinn."

Cordiné beamed. "Thanks a bunch Mikael... oh, and I do believe your page has loaded."

Mikael laughed softly. "Your welcome and thank you."

Cordiné left the Jedi archives in high spirits. As quickly as possible, she went to the Deep Green Lake. At this time of day, the Lake was deserted, the way she liked it.

Releasing her long, auburn hair from its single braid and taking off her muti-terrain boots, she swan-dived into the cool, green water. Surfacing right under the waterfall, she let its mist rinse her off as she pulled herself onto the bank and stood.

Carrying her her boots and socks, Cordiné walked down the wooded trail that led to the Room of the Thousand Fountains. Finding her favorite bench, she sat cross-legged, closed her eyes, and focussed on the sound of the fountains, which had often been compared to the delicate chiming of bells.

She found inner peace and sat there, breathingly slowly, relishing the feeling of equality and balance. Her inner peace was ripped from her when her comlink sounded.

Have to get used to that... She pulled out her comlink. "Yes?"

"Come to the Youngling class room you must." Jedi Master Yoda's voice said.

"I'll be right there." No time to change. Cordiné lept up from the bench and pulled back on her socks and boots. Reaching into her Bene Gesserit powers, she concentrated on being infront of the Youngling class room.

In a blur of movement, she was there. As she entered she noticed Virana, Allyson, and their gang were already there.

"Well, well, well." Virana said sarcastically. "If it isn't Little Miss Perfect. How did you get all wet? Did you trip and fall in, or did someone push you?" Some of her

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh this is sweeet! I love it so far! A little mixture of Dune there, eh? hehehe coooool! :D Liked how she 'teleported' there. That was nifty! :D Great work!

3. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Good start on this story!

4. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    Oh this is sweeet! I love it so far! A little mixture of Dune there, eh? hehehe coooool! Liked how she 'teleported' there. That was nifty! Great work!

thanks :D Yes, Dune is in there. *mwhaha* eventually I will bring Arrakis into the picture. I'm glad you're enjoying it. ;)

Good start on this story!

Gratzi! :D I will post the second chapter as soon as I can!

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great start! I hope you post more soon.

6. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    Great start! I hope you post more soon.

7. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    Chapter Two: The Reverend Mother of the Bene Gesserit

Q
    ui-Gon looked up as the door hissed open a week later to reveal the Reverend Mother of the Bene Gesserit. Her gray hair was in three thick parts, curled and with gold at their tips holding the curls in place. In her right hand was a silver staff with a blue crystal at the tip, surrounded by metal filigree.

Cordiné bowed slightly. "Reverend Mother."

The Reverend Mother nodded back. When she spoke, her voice was deeper than normal women and sounded like she was speaking through a fan. "He must leave." She gestured to Qui-Gon.

Qui-Gon got up to leave, but Cordiné stopped him with her extended arm. When she spoke, her voice too was deeper than normal and sounded like she was speaking through a fan. "He is my Master, he will stay."

The Reverend Mother smiled slightly. When she spoke, her voice was gentle and had a Norse accent "You have learned well young Cordiné. Show me what else you can do." She leaned against her staff.

Cordiné raised her hands in the air as a reply. Qui-Gon's jaw became unhindged as she danced gracefully across the room, there were no words to descibe the fluidness and perfect coordination of her dance.

"Excellent ti-chi-do, now, let me see your ti-chi-kree." The Reverend Mother replied when Cordiné had finished.

Cordiné nodded and begun this dance by stretching backwards until she almost formed the letter C. Then, her graceful fluidness and perfect coordination as she moved were astounding. Even more so this time because she was dancing much faster than before. It looked as though she were flying across the room.

When she finished yet again, the Reverend Mother smiled. "Excellent! You have learned well! Keep up the good work, and soon you will be a full-fledge Bene Gesserit."

After the Reverend Mother left, Qui-Gon looked at Cordiné. "You didn't tell me you could dance."

Cordiné looked at him with a raised eye brow. "Dance? You think that was dancing?" She laughed. "That was far from dancing Master, those were battle stances, offensive and defensive. Ti-chi-do is fighting against ten opponents at the same time, and ti-chi-kree is fighting against one hundred opponents at the same time." She paused. "But I can dance."

"Oh." Qui-Gon was impressed. "So how many Bene Gesserit men are there?"

"Not many." Cordiné sat down on the plush sofa. "There are only two that I know of at the moment: Paul Atreides and Sameth Nyax."

"Only two?"

Cordiné nodded. "Being a Bene Gesserit takes so much mental discipline that most men do not have the... concentration to do it." She reclined onto the back of the couch. "It's enough to keep anyone doing it on their tippy-toes."

"I see." Qui-Gon stroked his beardless chin. "Tell me more about the two Bene Gesserit men."

"Paul Atreides is the son of Duke Leto Atreides and bound concubine Lady Jessica. Duke Leto was betrayed by one of his inner circle and died. It is said Lady Jessica and Paul died in the Arrakis desert.

"Rubbish in my oppinion. Just they wait, soon Paul and his mother will arise from the Deep Desert with cloaks of power and claim their rightful place as rulers of Arrakis.

"Sameth Nyax is a Sith Master. He is rumored to be the best swordsman in the galaxy, the best tracker in the galaxy, and the best diplomat in the galaxy. No one knows who his parents are."

"That's a load of information Padawan."

Cordiné smiled. "Isn't it? But you asked and you received."

Qui-Gon chuckled. "So I did. I have one more burning question... how did you end up wet when I chose you?"

"I went swimming in the Deep Green Lake then had started meditating when Master Yoda summoned me to the class room."

"Ah-ha!" Qui-Gon's blue eyes sparkled.

Cordiné grinned sheepishly and then they both laughed until their sides were sore.

8. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Great chappie! hehehe so she knows how to use the Voice. Cooool ;) Love this crossover type fic you're doing! Keep up the good work! :D Can't wait for more!

9. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Good continuation! I'm liking Qui-Gon and Cordine here.

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Unlocked as requested.

Interesting story, I look forward to reading more... if you have any problems with changing the title bar to include updates let know and I can help. :)

11. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    This is good. I like any fic with Qui-Gon, especially if it is as well written as this one.

12. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    Great chappie! hehehe so she knows how to use the Voice. Cooool Love this crossover type fic you're doing! Keep up the good work! Can't wait for more!

Good continuation! I'm liking Qui-Gon and Cordine here.

Unlocked as requested.
    Interesting story, I look forward to reading more... if you have any problems with changing the title bar to include updates let know and I can help.

This is good. I like any fic with Qui-Gon, especially if it is as well written as this one.

Kynstar, thank you very much. In my oppinion no one can do Star Wars without adding Dune to it(but hey, that's me). :D

Keeper_of_Swords, do you mean you like them as a couple or just like them in general? :confused:

Healer_Leona, thank you for reopening my beloved story and thank you, I try to make it as interesting as possible. :-B

~Darksaber~, thank you very much. :)

I'm terribly sorry it's been so long!!!! my special thanks again to Healer_Leona for reopening this, because I(so terribly)forgot completely about this!!!! I will have to have maintence done on my circuits... oh, wait... I don't have any circuits. [face_laugh] ;)

I will post some time tomorrow, I have no time tonight. :_|

13. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    (duhn, duhn, duhn! aand here it is!!!! :D )

Chapter Three: The Mission of Uncertainty

I
    n a moonlit field, the green grass looked silver as it swayed in the wind. The hillside which over looked the seemingly serene meadow was too quiet to be natural. Trees loomed like dark giants and their leaves were still.

"Stay on your guard, Padawan." Qui-Gon said to her.

Cordiné looked at him, tall and handsome under the moon light. "Yes Master." She drew out her lightsaber.

Without warning, strange beasts flew at them. One of them landed on Qui-Gon, it's claws ripping into his shoulders and blood flowing on to his robes...

"MASTER!!!!" Cordiné sat bolt upright on the starship floor, becoming aware that her forehead was covered in sweat.

There were foot steps and then Qui-Gon knelt beside her and put a hand on her shoulder. "Are you alright, Padawan?"

Cordiné shook her head. "I... I saw a strange beasts flying at us. One of them landed on you, it's claws ripping into your shoulders." She swallowed, shivering slightly. "It was horrible."

Qui-Gon put a comforting arm around her. "We shall be on our guard then. The planet where we are going is full of predators."

Cordiné leaned her forehead on his shoulder, feeling assurance radiate from him. "That we will, Master... that we will."

The beeping announced that they were approaching Cholganna, the planet of their destination.

Qui-Gon stood. "Ready?" He offered her one of his broad, callosed hands.

Cordiné took his hand. "Yes, Master."

Qui-Gon pulled her to her feet easily. "Good." He led her into the cockpit. He sat in the pilot chair and took them out of hyperspace.

A red/brown desert planet floated before them, some of it covered in green and blue; indicating that some of it had forests and water.

"Is that Cholganna?" Cordiné asked wide eyed.

Qui-Gon nodded, a grim smile on his lips. "That is Cholganna. Homeworld of the nexu and nuuwa... both very dangerous creatures. The nexu loves nothing more than to torture beings. The nuuwa is even worse, it lusts after one thing: Blood."

Cordiné shuddered as they entered the planetary atmosphere. She sent up a prayer that they wouldn't run into either while on Cholganna. They landed on desert sand where a person stood, waiting for them.

"Ah, looks like our welcoming commity is just one person." Qui-Gon commented as the boarding ramp hissed open.

"Looks like it." Cordiné followed Qui-Gon down the open boarding ramp and out into the humid planet. Unlike some desert areas, it was a moist humidity, reminding Cordiné of walking into a sauna.

Red canyons surrounded the area, but a lush green forests could be seen in the distance and large lakes sparkled like pale blue gems in the mid-morning sun. A breeze stirred up dust and danced through their Jedi robes.

A man wearing nothing more than what looked like a light-weight animal skin around his waist, and his hair cascaded down to his knees and was pulled into a pony tail. Cordiné felt quite glad she did not have to wear anything like that.

"Welcome." The man said in a deep, baritone voice. "We are most grateful that you came. There are strange things happening in our forest... our people go inside and they don't come out alive. We are all very distubed. We do not allow anyone outside our cities any more."

Qui-Gon nodded. There was something in his eyes besides fear, though, Qui-Gon could not place it. "We will get to the bottom of this, you have my word as a Jedi."

The man smiled and saluted him. "Thank you, Master Jedi. May the Force be with you."

"Thank you." Qui-Gon led Cordiné away from them and crouched down to her level, his fathomless blue eyes meeting her gray-blue ones. "The forest we will be entering has many predators. If your visions increase and your Bene Gesserit senses pick something up I cannot sense, tell me immediately."

Cordiné nodded. "You have my promise."

Qui-Gon brushed a few strands of auburn hair from her face. "We will both be in mort

14. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Missed this new chapter. Creepy vision of Cordiné's, at least it seems she's able to prevent her master an injury. I lked Qui-Gon explaining how a little chirpa came to visit her while she slept.. cute!! I like that They were able to make friend's of the nexu... nice addition to the story!

15. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    Missed this new chapter. Creepy vision of Cordiné's, at least it seems she's able to prevent her master an injury. I lked Qui-Gon explaining how a little chirpa came to visit her while she slept.. cute!! I like that They were able to make friend's of the nexu... nice addition to the story!

Yay, good to hear from someone finally. Yes, indeed... I had to awaken my darkerside to make it so, and yes, Qui-Gon does not have a rip across his shoulders. I based that scene from when I and my family went hiking and when I awoke the next morning dad told me a squirrel had come to visit me. Yes, that was kind of last minute throw in, but I like it. Thank you very much for updating my fic, reading it, and reviewing it. [:D]

16. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    [face_blush] I have no idea how this chapter slipped by me. I humbly apologize m'Lady.

My fave part was:

"How many planets are there that people have not visited?"

Qui-Gon chuckled. "Thousands. When you look at the vast expanse, you realize that you are just one person in a very large galaxy."

Cordiné sighed contentedly. "I love looking at the stars. They inspire us to be better than we think we can be, teach us the mysteries of the galaxy through simplicity, and are our guides when there is no compass to be found."

:D That was great insight there :) Specially since I'm a astronomy nut as it is [face_laugh]

Great job! Thanks for letting me know that I had overlooked this. I got a bad habit of this sometimes since I follow so many fics. If I happen to not respond w/in a few days, please feel free to PM me letting me know of an update. I try to get authors that I follow to do that. Cuz I'm soooo forgetful. As you'll see in the PM I sent you on that AU that you and I are working on ;)

17. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003

Keeper_of_Swords, do you mean you like them as a couple or just like them in general?

in general

Good work.

I liked this part a lot?.

Master?"

"Yes, Padawan?"

"How many planets are there that people have not visited?"

Qui-Gon chuckled. "Thousands. When you look at the vast expanse, you realize that you are just one person in a very large galaxy."

Cordiné sighed contentedly. "I love looking at the stars. They inspire us to be better than we think we can be, teach us the mysteries of the galaxy through simplicity, and are our guides when there is no compass to be found."

18. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    Kynstar

that's OK, at least you came and read it! [:D]

You too, eh? :D I love astronomy, I love the stars... I love the sky at night! [face_love]

Thank you. You are welcome. Lol, I do that too. I will keep that in mind :) I am enjoying working on the AU... I'm poinging up and down with excitement at all that is occuring! Of course, I kinda had to edit the fic I'm working on so it would tie in with the latter stuff... glorious fun. >< Oh, and I figured it would be better if she and Dooku were 10 years apart instead of twenty.

Keeper_of_Swords

I see.

Thank'ee.

Lol, that's two other people that like that part aside from myself.

What, no one liked the part with the kyoot chippera? [face_laugh] Oh, and it's good to see you all around. [face_dancing]

Chapter Four: Meeting Sameth Nyax

B
    eep! Beep! Beep!

Cordiné moaned, rolled over and shut off the alarm. She pulled her covers back up to her chin and closed her eyes again.

"Rise and shine, Padawan!" Qui-Gon said brightly, opening the blinds to let in the sun light.

Cordiné moaned again. "Five more minutes, Master."

Qui-Gon chuckled. "As much as I'd like to allow that, we must be off to Ithilinde in an hour."

Cordiné gasped. "An hour!?" She sat bolt upright and looked at the clock. "I' Seldarine!" She was out of bed and in the refresher station in a blur of movement.

Qui-Gon smiled, remembering the times as a Padawan he had almost slept in. Now he could relate to his former Master, Jedi Master Ewan Dooku. His lips twisted in a smile as he went back to cooking breakfast for the two of them in the small kitchenette off the main room. One of these days I need to introduce Cordiné to him, as his Padawan Mikael is her best friend.

Fifteen minutes later, Cordiné came out in clean Jedi robes, her damp auburn hair in a single braid down her back and her Padawan braid hanging over her shoulder. Her bare feet did not make a sound as she padded across the main room to put on her multi-terrain boots. Once she had her boots on, she headed for the kitchenette.

Qui-Gon eyed her appraisingly. "I see you're already to go. Eat up." He gestured to a plate of food next to where he stood eating his own breakfast.

Cordiné nodded and ate her breakfast, staring out the window at the speeding up never ending flow of traffic. "That was a good breakfast, Master."

Qui-Gon smiled as they washed their dishes. "Thank you, Padawan."

They dried their dishes and put them away before grabbing their cloaks and donning them. They then made sure they had all the needed supplies for the trip, then headed down to the Jedi docking bay.

A few moments later, Qui-Gon's ship left Coruscant's atmosphere and blasted into hyperspace, it's destination being the first moon of Iego. The ninety-six hour journey was filled with lightsaber practice, meditation, Force exercises, and a few games of chess between Master and Padawan.

Qui-Gon pulled the ship out of hyperspace to reveal a planet like translucent water, glowing softly as if it had its own source of light. "There it is, Padawan: Ithilinde, the first moon of Iego. Home of the immortal elves."

"It's beautiful." Cordiné murmured, sounding awed and breathless.

Qui-Gon nodded. "Indeed it is."

The ship landed in a stone courtyard where a robed he-elf awaited them. The boarding ramp hissed open and Qui-Gon led the way, Cordiné right behind him.

The he-elf bowed deeply to them when they approached. Some of his long blood red hair was tied back in an elven style while the rest cascaded down his back and chest. "Welcome to Ithilinde, Master Jedi. I am Senator Hinsei, the ambassador from Laurinnen."

"Thank you, Senator." Qui-Gon said politely. "Where is Lómil-Gathiel?"

"Right over there." Hinsei said, pointing to a tall white castle that blended in with the white mountains around it.

Qui-Gon nodded. "And that is also the throne that is being disputed over, correct?"

"It is." Hinsei responded as he led the way to

19. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    "It's as if the Goddess of Discord herself came down and made our planet her realm."
    I really like the line... very descriptive. I was wondering if Cordiné would be having Qui-Gon shave... not sure if I wanted her to or not. LOL

They had one last good laugh before sobering up and walking down the boarding ramp and into the Temple to report their success to the Counsel. I find this line very telling, that they couldn't appear to be happy once they're back at the Temple... how very typical. :mad:

Lovely post PadawanofQui-Gon.

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahhh so they got to meet a Sith *shudders* Scary!

Great job! Liked the choice of shaving or not!

So only 10 yrs apart instead of 20? :p hehehe oh all right then. 10 yrs it is. ;)

21. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    Leona

thank you, thank you. I didn't want him to shave, plus he does need that beard he looks so handsome with, so [face_love]

Yep, no exsessive hapiness, just calm composure

Thank you. [face_blush]

Kynstar

Nyax wasn't that scary was he? :confused: if he was, I'm terribly sorry [:D]

Thank you! Lol! Second person to like that part, I get 20 brownie points, woo-hoo, go me! [face_dancing]

Yes... if she were 20 years younger than him when she met him, she would have been four... :eek: so ten works out better. Yay. ;)

edit #4: oh, and may I direct you all to a one shot fic of mine (viggie) that I dedicate to Qui-Gon @:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=20135710&replies=0

22. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003

Great post!

I like how you mentioned the first moon of Iego here:

A few moments later, Qui-Gon's ship left Coruscant's atmosphere and blasted into hyperspace, it's destination being the first moon of Iego. The ninety-six hour journey was filled with lightsaber practice, meditation, Force exercises, and a few games of chess between Master and Padawan.

I like the description of the planet:

Qui-Gon pulled the ship out of hyperspace to reveal a planet like translucent water, glowing softly as if it had its own source of light. "There it is, Padawan: Ithilinde, the first moon of Iego. Home of the immortal elves."

"It's beautiful." Cordiné murmured, sounding awed and breathless.

This was a very interesting conversation:

Qui-Gon nodded. "And that is also the throne that is being disputed over, correct?"

"It is." Hinsei responded as he led the way to the castle. "There are elves rising up in every direction and claiming to be the heir." He shook his head. "It's as if the Goddess of Discord herself came down and made our planet her realm."

In other words it's a chaotic mess on this planet. Cordiné translated when Qui-Gon's brows furrowed slightly at Hinsei's riddled words.

Who exactly is the Goddess of Discord in the elven religion?

Ruukina is her name, I believe... Cordiné paused. But I am not entirely sure. We'll have to look it up later if we have time.

Grand description:

The castle suddenly stood before them, filigree carvings dancing across the walls and doors. The steps leading up to the doors were short height wise and wide length wise. The doors opened at their approach and Hinsei led them up two spiraling staircases off the main corridor.

The sentences in italics mean that Qui-Gon Jinn and Cordiné are communicating through there thoughts aren?t they?

Did Qui-Gon and Cordiné find who the true heir was by use of the Force?

23. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    Keeper_of_Swords

thank you!

thank you again.

gratzi.

mille gratzi.

yes, italics in that case was their telepathic communication.

Yes, they did.

Chapter Five: A Naming Day Gone Wrong

F
    or the fifth time that day, Cordiné sighed to herself. Happy naming day, Cordiné. No one will remember... no one ever does. Unbraiding her long, auburn hair from its single braid and taking off her muti-terrain boots and utility belt, she swan-dived into the cool, green water of the Deep Green Lake. Surfacing right under the waterfall, she let its mist wash over her before swimming out from under it into the deeper part of the Lake. One has to admit that spending you naming day swimming in the Lake is as close to nirvana as one can get...

She got out of the water an hour later, grabbed her boots and utility belt, and paded down the familiar wooded trail that led to the Room of the Thousand Fountains. Ever since she had been little, she had loved it and had gone there often between classes and private tutorials. She was rather surprised when she got to her favorite spot to find her Master sitting there, bearded chin resting in his hands, his eyes focused on the Fountains as they cascaded down endlessly, a far off look on his leonine features.

"Are you alright, Master?" Cordiné asked softly, placing a hand on his broad shoulder.

Qui-Gon looked at her, his fathomless blue eyes had an unreadable expression in them. "No, Padawan, I am not..." He trailed off, wondering how much of what was going on he could tell his concerned Padawan.

Cordiné sat next to him, her eyes never leaving his. "Tell me what is wrong, Master." Her voice was gentle, inviting, and full of concern. It was a rare occasion when her Master was like this, so she knew it had to be something very serious. Here I am feeling sorry for myself because no one remembered it's my naming day, and my Master is troubled over something that's happened recently. I can be so selfish sometimes.

For what seemed like an eternity, Qui-Gon did not reply, he just gazed into her eyes and the only sound around them was the fountains continuing to cascade down. He finally took a deep breath. "I have completely gone against the Code..." A tear escaped from his eye and trickled down his cheek.

Cordiné gently wiped away the tear. "Continue Master, I am listening."

"I... I have allowed a woman to kiss my lips. And now desire burns inside me. A desire that is against the Code. A desire I cannnot yield to. I do not know what to think. It is as if my mind is not my own." Qui-Gon bowed his head. "Gods, what have I done?" Tears streamed down his cheeks.

Cordiné hugged her Master, allowing him to cry uncontrolably on his shoulder. "You did nothing, save allow this woman to kiss you, Master. It is she who should be pleading to the Gods for reconciliation, not you."

"But I kissed her back, Padawan." Qui-Gon managed between sobs. "I knew it was going to happen before it happened and I allowed it to happen. I allowed it to happen." He sobbed even harder on to her shoulder.

Cordiné tightened her arms around her Master protectively. He was fragile, one wrong word to make him cascade deeper into the torment he was dishing out for himself. Gods, hear my prayer. Help me to know what to say to my beloved Master. He is much turmoil right now and I do not know how to comfort him. Please help me... A tear slid down her cheek and into Qui-Gon's chocolate brown hair. "Come on... we best get you back to the apartment. It wouldn't do for anyone else to see you like this."

Qui-Gon numbly allowed her to lead him back to their apartment. He sat on his sleep couch, barely aware of what he sat on. His eyes watched Cordiné make some tea in their small kitchenette, but didn't quite register what she was doing.

Cordiné made him drink the entire cup of tea, then made him lie down on his sleep couch. She gently covered him with his blankets ans sung to him softly until he fell asleep. She t

24. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Poor Qui-Gon in such turmoil over a a kiss. And not only that, but when she hadn't gotten what she had wanted out of that kiss, she had gone to someone else to get it.

What's this?? Tahl two-timing Qui-Gon? Bad Jedi, bad Jedi!!!

25. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    yes... poor Qui-Gon.

you will find more about the whole "two timing" thing of Tahl's in later on in the fic... but I agree, bad tahl!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.