main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Subject: Your the Only Place, Novel One: The Years As His Padawan (Qui-Gon fic) 5/11 Chap.14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadawanofQui-Gon, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanofQui-Gon

PadawanofQui-Gon Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2003
    lol! you two are the best! [:D] chased down my muse and the like and here's the next chappie [face_love]

Chapter Seventeen: Plans of a Celestial Disguise

T
    hey all went inside the cave and sat on the floor. The twins watched curiously as the doctor brewed Evarin and gave it to them all. Cordiné explained what had happened and how they had gotten out of Llynia. When she finished, she realized that her eyes were brimming with tears. She closed them and forced the tears back. This was no time to cry, she needed to keep her wits about her.

Doctor Gidavo shook his head softly. "A woman from the Akron senate is the Sharo herself. No one could have predicted that in a million years. She's right that we will have to expose ourselves in order to rescue your comrades."

Cordiné pursed her lips. "It's a clever trap she's woven for us. I can't risk calling the Jedi Council because she might have feelers out for comlink frequencies."

"Not to meantion the fact that more Jedi just might be what the Sharo wants." Ptere agreed, glancing at his sisters who had curled up together and were sleeping peacefully.

"And no doubt the Sharo is prepared to intercept encrypted codes as well, so that options out." Doctor Gidavo set down his the empty mug and rested his chin on the palm of his hand. "This is indeed a very dangerous game of sabboc. We will need to play our pieces carefully."

Ptere looked thoughtful. "If we could make you look undeniably like the Goddess, then you could order them to free the Jedi, stop the war, and deliver the Sharo up to the senate for proper judgement. But it would be very tricky, not to meantion dangerous. If they found out that you were really a Jedi, things would get deadly."

"So keeping Cordiné's appearance like unto a real deity is crucial, yes?" Doctor Gidavo looked like he had an idea.

"Very crucial. Do you have an idea, Doctor?"

Doctor Gidavo nodded. "It's an absolutely insane idea, but it might just work. Cordiné, do you think you could ride a Shuk?"

Cordiné was shocked at the question. Could the Force calm such a being as the Shuk enough for her to ride it? "I should make a few attempts at that idea before we make any final plans, Doctor." She replied slowly.

A smile crossed Doctor Gidavo's lined features. "I had that exact thought in mind." He stood, holding a compass with a flashing red light. "And it looks like the Shuk I have in mind isn't far. Come."

Cordiné and Ptere stood, then followed the doctor out of the cave. Some time later, they found the female Shuk Doctor Gidavo had collared. She was growling ferociously at them, though stayed a few feet away because the doctor had the power to knock her out cold and she knew it.

Ptere took a few steps back, eyes wide with fearful reverence. "A desert guardian..."

At first Cordiné wanted to take a few steps back too, but then she focused her mind's eye on the image of her Master. She had no time or place for fear, her three Jedi companions were counting on her. She took a deep breath, straightening her shoulders, then took three steps forward and stretched out her right hand. "We mean you no harm, great queen." The words flowed out in the whispering language of the desert that all Bene Gesserit learned at some point in their training.

The Shuk stopped growling and moving restlessly to look at her with penetrading eyes. "I have not heard that language spoken for hundreds of years, young one." She replied haltingly in the same language, tail twitching in the air. "How do you know it?"

"I am a Bene Gesserit and Jedi, daughter of Saint Larra and Lord Nyax." Cordiné was surprised how easily her heritage come out. She had come terms with being related to a Sith after all.

"I do not know what a Bene Gesserit is, nor a Jedi." The Shuk admitted thoughtfully. "But since you speak to me queen to queen, I will help you. What are your plans?"

Cordiné felt a swell of relief. "My fellow Jedi have been captured by the Sharo and I fear what she plans for them. We need t

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Lovely post. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.